youtube.com/watch?v=YKtTWSXs_RU
youtube.com/watch?v=yvpgR9onGKA
youtube.com/watch?v=DxywUqIZHYs
youtube.com/watch?v=AkSZGXmuvIo
youtube.com/watch?v=E3bkweOQb9Y
youtube.com/watch?v=Q2sM-enmxyc
youtu.be/l6wBzBSnA4g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

When his stupid producers tried to make a move for Leno's time slot.

holy fucking kino

He had god tier writers. Still the best Emmys intro:

youtube.com/watch?v=PiLzHh4ixlY

TBS must be cheap.

>a great talent relegated to TBS
shame

Why are actually funny people so hated by Hollywood jews?

And now we have Jimmy "the luckiest man in show business" Fallon. Sad!

Very T1000; he seems comfortable running, although I know he cycles. Probably (still) the fittest of the talk show hosts.

He was promised the Tonight Show years before; NBC agreed to that. I don't think they gave his show enough time to build his audience.

Late Night with Conan O'Brien was kino. I miss watching it.

>NBC micromanaged the shit out of him
>NBC did not allow the writers to put 100% into it
>no masturbating bear, walker texas ranger lever, no crazy skits that the public wouldn't get
>no risks
>some writers did not move out to LA

fav classic conan
youtube.com/watch?v=MkhzoaXlDro
youtube.com/watch?v=zetAt5nsf-U
youtube.com/watch?v=ahAQy0YJl1A
youtube.com/watch?v=YKtTWSXs_RU
youtube.com/watch?v=yvpgR9onGKA
youtube.com/watch?v=DxywUqIZHYs

>Cold Open

Why do these failing talk shows (even IRL Twitch section has more successful "comedians") insist on using terms for people "in the know", like anyone gives a fuck about "cold open", like fucking comedy is an artistic discipline or something, like it's a technique that needs emphasis?

And can anyone tell me - does anyone really watch Colbert or did Soros buy a Malaysian click farm for him?

>Jimmy "the luckiest man in show business" Fallon
He really is, he feels like an interim host you'd get because the main guy is on vacation. Only he's been on vacation for a while now.

cold open just means there's no intro

Seeing everyone fawn over Conan in here makes me happy. Love that dude.

Again, who gives a fuck.

you apparently

Conan is fucking annoying. His self-deprecating schtick gets old quick. All late night hosts suck balls now, but to me Conan isn't nearly as charismatic and smooth as Kimmel or Seth Whoeverthefuck

Wow, I noticed therefore I must be very upset with it. God forbid I start a discussion other than "kino"

They're shilling so hard for Colbert. No one I know watches or talks about him.

is it me or is he running like Bad Coop?

conan really isnt self-depreciating. To me his confidence is what makes him conan

you responded to me you fuck

Yeah I feel like he's coasted by on his looks and charm for most of his career and doesn't have a whole lot of actual talent. His interview style is terrible and most of his "jokes" are just him clowning around with celebrities, doing impressions, etc. All of his peers blow him out of the water in some way or another talent-wise, he really lucked out with the whole Conan/Tonight Show situation.

>tfw to dumb for conan

Kimmel pls you've got to lay off the booze

Are you retarded? Confidence? 80% of his jokes are "Wow you're so (pretty/cool/tough/smart) and I'm just (ugly/lame/weak/dumb) Conan!"

His sidekick is fucking hilarious compared to him.

>2004
>Conan is at the height of his popularity
>Fox offers him a shitload of money to head up their entry into late night
>NBC panics and tells him he'll get to be the host of The Tonight Show if he waits until '09, when they figure Jay will be too expensive and have trouble attracting young audiences
>Leno is never consulted, but reluctantly agrees to the plan once its in place

>2008-10
>Leno tells NBC that ABC offered to fire Kimmel and put him in instead (this may or may not have been a bluff, but is the chief reason why Kimmel was so openly hateful towards Leno during the dispute)
>NBC panics and offers him a show at 10 PM alongside one of the most one-sided contracts in show business history
>It bombs horrifically, to the point where affiliates start threatening to drop NBC, risking the entire network
>NBC can't cancel Leno because of his contract, so they use a loophole to push him back to 11:30 and Conan to 12
>Conan says no and leaves

>2013
>Leno's ratings are better than Conan overall, but far less than they were at the end of his first stint and absolutely miserable in the demographic
>They continuously cut his pay and then eventually fire him because he's not getting enough views on Youtube
>Replace him with Fallon, who does better than both of them until he rubs Trump's hair

It's really almost Shakespearean. Also, if Conan had been like Leno, he could have just stuck it out for a year or two at 12:05 and eventually they would have cancelled Leno once his contract was up

youtube.com/watch?v=AkSZGXmuvIo

kys

I'm not american but I don't understand how Conan is so un popular yet those complete hacks Fallon and Kimmel are stars

Conan is probably the most naturally funny person I've ever seen on tv

plebs will be plebs

He occasionally plays the fact that he's old, out of shape or incredibly pale for laughs but no more than literally any other old, out of shape comedian.
Saying 80% of his humour is that just makes you look like an idiot

He's unpopular because he's on TBS now.

He is mainly only loved by millennials who don't watch late night tv in general. Not only that but he's on cable which most millennials don't have anymore.

Who are the best Conan guests besides Norm, Bill Burr, Timothy Olyphant, and Jeff Goldblum?

he got screwed, he would be killing it if he replaced Colbert or Kimmel

He's loved by people who watched his show for years because he was significantly funnier than the other late show hosts.

Tom Hanks

youtube.com/watch?v=E3bkweOQb9Y

Jeff Goldblum

Why didn't Leno just bow out gracefully? That was such a shitty move on his part. No fucking class.

Based Springer poster

Armie Hammer and Javier Bardem were pretty good. You may also add Kevin McDonald, Steven Yeun and Aubrey Plaza

I loved when he had Bowie on

Conan = Best NBC

Ferguson = Best CBS

It was more NBC's fault than anything. Leno supposedly got an offer from ABC to completely boot Kimmel and give him the time slot. That made NBC panic and offer him the 10PM show.

The guy loves working. He supposedly never even spent a dollar of his Tonight Show money

IN THE YEAR 2 THOUSAAAAAAND

Comedy spring cleaning was classic. Pizza Ghost and FedEx Pope were tragic losses.

youtube.com/watch?v=Q2sM-enmxyc

Leno did absolutely NOTHING wrong.

tfw no qt peevish 1860s gf

or right

Letterman is a god compared to the fuckin scrubs they got running these shows now.

His massive garage full of antique cars makes me think otherwise, but all of that could have been his weekend Vegas show money.

Prior to the whole scandal, Conan appeared to be the victim and Leno the villain.

If you read The War for Late Night (and to a lesser extent The Late Shift), you start to realize that Conan basically held NBC at ransom and made a powerplay to oust Leno before his choosing.

What NBC didn't consider is that Leno loved the job and didn't have any plans of leaving. The guy was, and is, addicted to work. He never drank, smoked, partied or did drugs; he purely lived for writing his opening monologues and fixing his cars. There's even a part in the book where Leno sneaks into the offices after hours and listens into a conversation with NBC executives over the situation, so that he can have negotiating leverage - even though he already agreed to hand over the reigns to Conan.

At the end of the day, the whole clusterfuck wasn't Conan or Leno's fault, it was clearly NBC trying to have their cake and eat it too. They didn't want to lose Conan to rival networks, and they didn't want to kick-out Jay while he was still beating Letterman. They tried keeping both and ultimately ended up losing both. It's sad to see Conan over at TBS now, but it is what it is.

>youtube.com/watch?v=MkhzoaXlDro
>youtube.com/watch?v=zetAt5nsf-U

this is the absolute kino of conans comeography

Leno should have just done a coffee and cars thing like Seinfeld. he'd have complete creative control and still be able to stroke his ego

It's a shame he couldn't have taken over Letterman's show when he retired. It would have been historic, taking over Late Night and then the Late Show. Letterman probably would have came back to be a guest just to talk about it all and to mock Leno some more.

Even he got screwed over by NBC when it came to the Tonight Show. He was pretty much a shoe-in to replace Johnny Carson due to his popularity but NBC gave it to Leno instead which made him jump ship to CBS and gave Late Night to Conan. NBC really likes to fuck over their late night talk show hosts. Probably why they leave Jimmy Falon and Seth Myers alone after the last clusterfuck.

>Lost
>24
>House
>the Office
>to Catch a Predator
>South Park
clearly the golden age of TV

Because fuck NBC. He was going to work until he wasn't profitable.

Watch The Late Shift sometime to get a glimpse on how NBC shafted Letterman. Leno isn't the bad guy here.

He failed to get a firm contractual guarantee for his time slot.

He got antsy in his 12:30am time slot and tried to muscle his way into hosting the Tonight Show while Leno was still hot. NBC tried to placate both of them by bringing Conan onto the Tonight show while moving Leno into prime time just before local news...with Leno essentially doing the same show. Conan was still the "little brother" of the two and had to struggle for guests. Meanwhile the ratings for Leno's show sucked since the format didn't fit the time slot leading to a decline in ratings for NBC's local news affiliates and Conan's Tonight Show. NBC tried to bring Leno back to do a half hour version of his late night talk show effectively pushing Conan into the next day. This is when Conan walked. Good for him. Had he stayed then NBC would have bided their time to put him on an ice float and shove him out to sea.

i cant imagine having like 50m and being such a cry baby faggot cause i didnt get muh show

what an asshole

You've also never worked your entire life towards a specific goal in a field which you are very talented in.

Nice dubs though.

this is the best one though

youtu.be/l6wBzBSnA4g

Conan at 11:30 and Ferguson after, that would have been my dream line up.

Sometimes prestige is worth more than wealth, more so to creative/artistic people.

Conan always dreamt of hosting The Tonight Show. He got his wish, but it was a tainted deal and everyone knew it.

Mostly old people watch these late night shows, and the kind of BS Colbert does doesn't appeal to them.

Jimmy Fallon is the white Wayne Brady: everyone loves him, especially old people, so he does really fuckin' well.

I think Colbert does well with the young audiences but because they have no money advertisers dont give a shit about them and your show doesnt make as much money as a show with a smaller audience of wealthier older people

This, and TBS has turned into Hipster Central with those shitty little campy ass shows like Wrecked and Angie Tribeca.

>2017
>MUH DONALD TRUMP
>Colbert wins

>oh and one more thing Conan, you have to relentlessly shuck and jive politically
>oh uhh, why? I mean I do a little politics but I just try to be fun-
>oh, of course, say no more, let's just see how it turns out

I used to think Ferguson was stupid but, my God, he's a God send compared to the punchable faces that are on today.

its just colberts autism fans

YASSSS SLAYY WE'RE MAKING FUN OF CONSERVATIVES AGAIN

AND IT'S LIKE, TOTALLY LIKE, SELF HATE, CAUSE COLBERT THINKS HE'S A CONVERSATIVE BECAUSE HE PRAYS TO A JEWISH GOD EVEN THOUGH HE'D FUCK A GUY FOR JUST ONE MORE VIEWER AND HOLDS NO CONSERVATIVE VIEWS WHATSOEVER yassssslayyyyyyy

>There's even a part in the book where Leno sneaks into the offices after hours and listens into a conversation with NBC executives over the situation, so that he can have negotiating leverage

He's done this more than once.

because jews are literally the easiest people to make fun of.

How DARE that goy outjew the jews

This should be a hate crime !

>it's a "conan makes his hair even higher to distract from his receding hairline and baldspot" episode

>charismatic and smooth as Kimmel

In the correct timeline David Letterman is now retiring from hosting the Tonight Show, turning the show over to a widely popular Norm Macdonald.

Jimmy Fallon is an assistant manager of a Burger King.

Leno is a kike himself lol

hes irish italian

>if Conan had been like Leno, he could have just stuck it out for a year or two at 12:05 and eventually they would have cancelled Leno once his contract was up
Really? Considering everything else that had happened, would YOU really trust anything NBC said or agreed to?

He played his cards wrong, shoulda waited a little longer, gotten shorter term deals. At least waited until a man who had a personal vendetta against him was no longer the fucking president of the network. They forced Conan to move to LA just to fuck with him, they didn't make Fallon move.

Fallon's run of popoularity (which is over, lol) should've been his.

>Norm
>hosting a network-moderated talkshow
I can't imagine it lasting very long even if it did happen.

And Dennis Miller hosts Real Time on HBO.