Superman thread?

Superman thread?

Because I wanna chat Supermythology but mods pruned the last one.

Not counting earth 23, who's your favourite parallel earth Superman?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VlINHSnUx9k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Earth 2 and Kingdom come

Alex Ross' Superman just feels like the definitive Superman.

Just came from the Miller thread and came to shit, huh?

I like Zack Snyder's Superman. Still a hero despite being in a worse universe. Very inspiring.

Earth-Two Superman, followed by post-Crisis. Post-Crisis seems to be the one new fans understand the least. Maybe I'll storytime Man of Steel.

Do it. I've been wanting to read that one for a while now. How long is it?

I LOVE ALL SUPERMANS :)

Superman from "Brave new metropolis" was pretty good. best evil uniform too.

LOVE HIM TOO

Me too. I really enjoy henry cavill's take on supes, all due respect to christopher reeves.

I pretty much like all versions of superman in the comics. DCAU superman was cool as fuck, never cared much for justice league though.

I think Brandon Routh was an underrated Superman. Shame about his movie, but as Superman he was alright

>I pretty much like all versions of superman in the comics. DCAU superman was cool as fuck, never cared much for justice league though.
henry cavill' He is the perfect superman :) I LOVE HIM MORE THAN BATMAN..

bigger version

what do GUYS you think of superdaddy ?I like him more than Batman NOW.

I didn't have a big problem with Man of Steel Supes.
BvS Superman just came off asshole-ish

wow cool :)

He is so cute !

My top 2 favorite incarnations are...
>Mos/Bvs
>Tas

Honestly I have gown sympathetic to the Dark Knight Returns Superman, the animated films really fucked up leaving out his monologue while he was fighting the Russians.
Its clear that he has given up his free will to save his friends from being hunted down and harmed. Its a act of sacrifice, I can't stand when people dismiss him as a sellout.
Key words in pic related...
>"let us live"

This is the most casual post I've ever seen

Superman Doomsday final fight.that brings me to tears.. he is a hero.

I really liked the First Flight scene. IMO best superhero film moment, maybe even regular film moment, of all time. I liked how he basically looked like: "yeah, jumping is nice, but what if I pushed a little further?" Then how his first attempt didn't work, and he tried again. It was amazing.

youtube.com/watch?v=VlINHSnUx9k

I honestly believe if given the right material Cavill would be a great Superman. I just wish the films had a different creative team (please don't kill me I'm just not a fan of Zack Snyder).

>Batman's bones turning to dust

Jesus Christ that's horrifying

I am pretty sure the people that dismiss TDKReturns Superman as a sell out fascist douche are more casual.

i just love him ,,

That's fine; it's not for everyone. It could be interesting to see how different it would be if there was a different director for the Man of Steel sequel.

Well he is a handsome boy.

cute,

I love this suit so fucking much!

I like it when Superman uses strategy. Is there a comic where he uses his cape for an attack? I was going to write a story where he does that, in order to combat the Incredibles cape meme.

Who would make for an interesting villain in Man of Steel 2? I'd go for Brainiac, but maybe that's the easy choice?

It would be trippy to see Mr. Mxyzptlk, having them battle in the 5th dimension would be some crazy Cgi.

People say Snyder put the nuke in just to homage TDKR and maybe so to a extent with the skeleton and such.
But I think the scene owed more to pic related...

>I have come from the basketball planet to save you

Superman's design was based on strong men from circuses that used to be prevalent during the Golden Age. But his design has many resemblances to certain depictions of Micheal Archangel. He is the humbler of all evil, he carries great power but always use in the name of a greater good. He fights the fights that we can't so that one day we can finally save ourselves.

Superman is willing to put many things in the line to protect humanity, even his own life. That's part of his charm and one of the reasons why the Superman=Jesus analogy just doesn't work. He isn't anywhere similar to Christ in theology.

The Sun (his source of power) is also a symbol of greater good and the Idea of Good. Which Plato relates to the inner greatness that all living beings should reach.

On another point, he is the son of a farmer and is very related to the natural process of life, which makes him part of Earth even if he himself comes from a very different place.

He is also a reporter trying to find truth anywhere he goes (even putting himslef at odds with the Planet when the paper became a source for tabloid celebrity gossip in the New52, which was a very interesting thing to do).

Finally, he can see your soul. This means that he values life even if he understands that death is imminent (which may explain why the guy is so against killing and yet doesn't preach about in Hitman). This is important, specially when you consider that he is also trying to represent justice.

Most of his problems comes from very human places. Such as self doubt, a love hate relationship with his kryptonian side and the struggle not to fail to his comrades or himself. And sure, a huge interplanetary fight that can be seen across galaxies are always an spectacle to watch.

Superman is one of the favorite character for fantasy writers for a good reason. He is fun to write, he isn't limited by many things other than the cosmos itself and it's own very humane nature.

well fact is he did sell out.

he criticizes batman for his "Holy war" but he became a government stooge so he could "save lives". he's become a tool of the US Govt, which is something Superman would never stand for. he's deceiving himself. he tries to rationalize it, but the fact is he had all the power in the world to say no and retire like everyone else, but he was just as selfish as he calls Bruce.

>"they let us live"

What's the government gonna do if he says no? kill him? the guy who is bulletproof, has laser vision, and as later shown- can tank a nuke?

Brainiac that would be cool..or darkseid

> Rubber/Leather > Cloth

Well said.

Thanks. The thing you have to love about Superman is there is so many interpretations of him out there for everyone. From the immigrant stand in brawler of the late 30s, the dickish dadish one of the 50s, the god like figure of All Star, the old man returning to the world turned on him from Kingdom Come.

I just want more of Capitan Atom from Earth 4.
Him and Sunshine Superman.

Cloth is infinitely better, but I look at the suits in TASM/MoS as just cloth with that texture overlayed onto it.

Also basketball texture kicks ass, niggas gotta stop hatin'.

DEATH OF SUPERMAN by Spidermonkey23

>say no and retire like everyone else
Wtf.
The lives he can save are immeasurably more important then fucking spiting in the face of authority like a pathetic child.
Their is nothing fucking wrong with working for the government, he is the only god damn thing standing between Russia and WW3.
The Russians launching the nuke out of spite just because we dared to protect a defenseless island full of people from enslavement and starvation proves they are the bad guys in this universe.

Man I hope henry looks like that in justice league. Love the return of superman costume

Superman's my favorite superhero. God, I love Superman.

No, see, ZACK SNYDER'S Superman is awful. Henry Cavill's Superman would actually be pretty damn good if they got someone else to direct him.

If a Man of Steel standalone sequel is ever made and let's say Zack Snyder doesn't return, who'd you want to direct?

Cavill and Affleck both kick ass and are being held back by their director.

I liked BvS, but all of it's flaws are clearly from Snyder. And I don't even hate the guy, but his current style does not suit them.

Keep him on for action scenes or whatever, but someone else has to take control of the story and character arcs.

the guy of the first thor movie..or ben

Cary Fukunaga if they are keeping it serious.

in american alien or whatever it was called he mentioned he needed it for sharp turns

What's with all the weird ironic shitposting itt?

It's incredibly durable. He's used it a few times to shield people from explosions and shit.

I personally can't see anyone else besides Snyder desu.

He needs to be less involved with dialogue and character arcs and more involved with visual stuff though. His scenes and use of cgi are golden, he knows how to make a good fight scene

then he has no right to criticize Batman for coming out of retirement, and he had no right to convince everyone to go along with retirement

Probably mousedrones

Yes he sure as fuck does have the right to do so if them not going into retirement is getting innocents killed.

Fucking AWESOME! Thanks for posting this!!

No probs.

But Darkseid's gonna be in the second justice league movie

Bump

Looks more like that pencil pushing Clark Kent fellow.
This is a Superman thread, friend.

Clark Kent is Superman's pal though. There should be a thread all about Superman's pals.

So what do you think is going to happen to New52 Supes? Especially with Old Supes being there now. Is he even going to come back?

Why hasn't Clark Kent had his own book yet?
You know, as in, Superman's Pal Clark Kent.
Jimmy Olsen got one, Clark's been a big part of the Superman comics for the longest time. Yet, nothing.

Action Comics #1000. Isn't it obvious?

That seems like a ways away. How's he even supposed to come back? He kinda turned to dust and his weird energy bolt thing split off into 4 pieces.

Comic books.

I really don't care for how he directs fights. The fights in man of steel just looked too goofy for me. I think those fleischer cartoons had better action.

Is that Damianfag?

That'd be cool. I've read very little Post-Crisis Supes as a newer reader. I was going to go back and read basically the whole run starting from Man of Steel, but ended up being crazy and going back to Action Comics #1 and starting there.

It's been a weird ride so far.

But their was literally nothing goofy about them.

Death Of Superman would have been amazing, if they took their time a fleshed Superman a bit more. Like in 2 more movies or so.

>neo-supes
triggered

Idk man, I liked both Man of Steel and BvS a lot but I also want a Superman movie where the sun shines bright.

Why doesn't Superman just use the thought robot to rape Grant Morrison?

This looks like a job for...

So what's so funny about truth, justice, and the American way?

Fuck the hate, MoS Supes looks cool.
We just gotta accept red undies and spitcurl aren't cool looking anymore.

And I'm not just saying this cause this was the first Superman image I came across on my tablet and am too lazy to find more.