Is the TV version of this worth watching?

Is the TV version of this worth watching?

Other urls found in this thread:

theisozone.com/downloads/pc/windows-games/the-thing-usa-3/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

TV version? Elaborate for me please.

It's the version that was edited for TV. Apparently there's some different scenes and stuff in it. I know why would you watch an edit like that but i'm a huge fan and wondered if somebody had an opinion on it

That is yrev very interesting I am a big fan of The Thing and I was not aware of this.

If you have/get the Scream Factory release of it it comes with it as a bonus feature. I'm sure it's online somewhere too. They cut out the head crab for tv which is weird cause it's one of the best scenes haha. Have you played the game?

had the tv version on tape when i was a kid and all they did was they cut out some of the more gory fx shots and replaced some language with "stranger in the alps" tier stuff. no alternate footage or major revelations there

Oh okay I just read about it a little online. So just a normal tv edit

Let's just make this a general Thing thread. 51 version, 2011, the game whatever. Let's talk about the Thing!

Yes and I wasnt able to get very far because I'm retarded.

Haha what do you mean? Is it worth picking up or is it too dated to be fun?

Its probably worth looking into. I had the PS2 version and the back of the box had a really silly John Carpenter quote on it heres a picture. Its like somebodys mom saying they did a good job. Also if you have a pc that is from 2002 or on you can download it from here free and easy I think its abandonware now.

theisozone.com/downloads/pc/windows-games/the-thing-usa-3/

i like that it has an actual bad ending

I forgot to add the picture because I'm a fucking retard.

That's pretty cool. I thought it was funny how Carpenter liked it so much he just made it canon. What did you think of the 2011 version if you saw it?

I did not care about it at all and I dont really think about it either. It occupies the same space in my mind as like the 2006 Ammytivlle movie or The Omen from that same year. Just a lame remake of an older movie.

I tried watching it last night but got about 20 minutes in and just stopped. As much as I love the Thing it just seemed like a waste of time

I'm fine with Carpenters The Thing being the only thing that exists in my head canon. His other stuff is just as good.

30 some odd years later it's still the greatest horror film ever made

Why is it so comfy, Bros? Why?

I like the 51 version but it's kinda just a cheese fest. Are his movies like Vampyres and Village of the Damned as bad as people say they are?

It's the perfect amount of over the top and restraint coexisting

I havent seen Village of the Damned but I like the premise for it a lot. I actually have it on Blu Ray

I need to check it out. I haven't seen a lot of Carpenter's later movies. Latest one i've seen is In the Mouth of Madness

>it's still the greatest horror film ever made
Its tied with The Fly

I felt like the Fly was just gross for the sake of being gross. I know it's Cronenberg but still.

you haven't seen the 2nd one if you thought the 1st one had pointless gore

No I haven't haha. Is the second one good? I liked the first one

The Final scene was a perfect combination of sadness and practical effects on par with The Thing

it's inoffensive

it's the most pointless sequel ever, probably

most of the gore is just random, there's a scene where some guy's head gets crushed for no reason

I think it just grossed me out more because it was more human in a way. Thought it was a great movie just wasn't crazy about it

Hahaha sounds like a good one to watch after a few beers

That was the idea though, especially since Seth couldnt do anything to stop it

I know I was just saying the effects in that movie actually grossed me out

>yrev very

Good, so it did what was intended very well

Do you like the 58 version of the Fly?

Its alright

What are some of your other favorite horror movies?

Not part of this conversation but it found the original to be quite horrific in a different way. I thought the use of music in it was very good, adding to the atmosphere. The way the film starts with the ending was quite interesting too

why?

literally dopplegangers in every fucking thread now desu

I just wanna talk about horror movies. I got no interest in judging you for what movies you like.

lol hes just trying to talk to you faggot if you want to be an asshole literally /die/

>tfw no one ever wants to talk to you and this faggot is passing up a conversation

The Hellraiser series is worth sitting through mainly because it does adhere to some sort of canon. 1 and 2 are really the only good ones, but theyre super good. 3 is okay. 4-8 range from medicore to pretty bad. 9 is one of the worst things ever, but its also the one in the series thats closest to the first two so its incredibly frsutrating

I dont remember giving you permission to respond to me faggot fuck

silence is bliss
conversations are fucking gay

What horror movies do you like?

Do you like Hellraiser?

I watched Hellraiser the other night! It was awesome

Hellraiser 2 is a very good example of how to make a sequel.

I started to watch it after the first one but it was 3 am and i just fell asleep. Need to finish it.

Have you seen Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2?

Yes, I'm glad I watched it (only the first so far, may watch more). The popularity of pinhead as a character turned me off the film whenever I saw any imagery of him as from the fan response to it just seemed like a shitty horror film whereas the plot didn't entirely rely on pinhead, he was more of a minor character
I only actually got into horror in the last few years. Recently watched Nightbreed which was ok, has some good makeup in it. Some of Cronenberg's work is pretty high up there, he happens to have an acting role in Nightbreed. Halloween, The Evil Dead films are some others I like. Quite an out of nowhere film I saw once on TV was Maniac (2012) starring Elijah Wood which I found quite good, although this was a remake of an eighties film of the same name which I am yet to watch

Is that the one thats set at a radio station? If so, yes I have.

JUST

>no replies

What were you expecting us to say?

My dad kicked his ass at a bar in the 1980s not even joking I dont know any more of the story as my father died under mysterious circumstances a few years back

goodnight

The SF release was good for the extra features but Arrow is gonna btfo that version.