Do you guys like this version of the joker?

Do you guys like this version of the joker?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/iaUcLzxMFq4
youtube.com/watch?v=pi5qoxxQpMY
youtube.com/watch?v=4aa8B7hIynE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

FUCK no.

The absence of res lips triggered me big time when I was 10

Nah.

This one was my favorite, but I am aware that the consensus is that this one is terrible

I can appreciate a different palate. This one's my favorite.

He's written really well, so yes.

But dat face tho.

I wasn't a fan of the way that one looked but I really liked how he acted and sounded. His voice made me think of a radio host

Definitely, Jeff Bennett is amazing. The Joker in general had a lot of old timey class to him that I loved.

The DCAU Joker in general is pretty good, through his various iterations, but the TNBA design was definitely the worst of the lot.

I feel like I'm the only person that actually likes his beady white eyes

His design keeps making me think of Roger from Doug.

Does this happen to anyone else?

The JLU design is objectively the best Joker design.

good taste. pic related is my fave.

Design? No. How they wrote him? Yeah. Sure.

The IRS episode alone sold it for me and he got a lot better treatment in that than Catwoman, Poison Ivy, Mr. Freeze, Mad Hatter, and most of the other villains.

This one was best.

Not really, Mark Hamill was fantastic as always but the face really looks boring without the big eyes and red lips.

His voice was fucking hilarious, also the episode where he's forced to become normal was top tier.
Now I've gotta rewatch this series.

He always reminded me of Frieza as a kid

Michael Emerson is my favorite actor and I never thought I'd hear him as the Joker, but he did a really appropriate take on this particular one.

Now I want to see Doug drawn as Batman

He was more threatening than the original Joker

It's one of my favorite designs for Joker. Perfectly captures the original thug look without going into edgy incarnate territory. His slightly cartoonish face also really helps sell what kind of villain he is.

Not visually, but otherwise yeah.

toptier tbqh

Where's his neck?

I used to think that in the future he had a buzzcut, and it took me a while to get that it was actually just slicked back
Definitely not a fan of his outfit though, it's just so plain and featureless.

Anybody got that Arabian snickers ad

Ah here we are.

Fuck forgot link
youtu.be/iaUcLzxMFq4

considering that this one was Tim drake and he had to turn back and cover his tracks his outfit makes sense

My favorite joker actually.

that's actually one of my favorite Joker designs.

why?

The voice (especially the laugh) really sold that shit. Also liked how he seems to balance the whacky gimicky silver age joker woth a grimdark modern joker.

If we're doing ads

youtube.com/watch?v=pi5qoxxQpMY

I don't think I'll ever be satisfied with an animated Joker after seeing this

I loved this Joker. Sure, the design was odd, but not bad. He really played up the goofy/manic version of him, and his voice/laugh were fucking great.

I actually liked the physicality of him, personally. Made him a little more vaudeville, a little more slapstick. I get why a lot of people didn't like him being a martial arts master like every villain in that show, but it worked for me.

Batman's expressions in that were fucking amazing

Speaking of every villain as a martial arts master, I loved The Batman's version of Penguin too. Tom Kenny was a great VA for him.

I liked the Under the Red Hood Joker for whatever reason

>11 items

I honestly thought that was a GREAT version of the Penguin. Having him be some deformed freak is okay for pathos, but having him as an anti-Bruce Wayne globe trotting old money playboy whose family wasted their fortune was way more interesting.

His voice was off putting at first, but he may actually be the most faithful rendition of the Joker we have.

>I'm the Joker! I always survive!

ITS THE LAW

Is crowbar a reason

John DiMaggio is fucking great

youtube.com/watch?v=4aa8B7hIynE

Hey guys! Mind if I joined in?

David Tennant?

Only if you bring your...multiple personalities BWEHUHAHAHA

That was because it was The Creeper all along

Frieza is also a top tier baddie.

Same, lol

Was he really though? Pulling out a knife doesn't make him more threatening.

>including and labeling leto when the film hasn't been released yet

Take away the damaged and give him a acid squirt flower and Leto joker could be really good visualy

He flat-out lost his cool and tried to murder Batman with his bare hands

I'd say that makes him pretty threatening

Not to mention tossing Harley out the window

I want an HD version so badly

His physics defying face angered me every time I looked at it.
I know it's a cartoon but I can't help it.

That one's all right, but my favorite is Hammill's version in Mask of the Phantasm.

No. Doug's town faces problems in the light of day. His animal totem should reflect that. Perhaps some sort of diurnal bird...

>batman have to fight several incarnation of the joker because even if he end up dying, there are fanboys and spiritual successors just as evil to take his place
the fun never ends

it's pretty obvious what they're trying to go with with his character though.

Leto's more a gangster then nicholson imo

When they tried to make everything into the awful simplistic style of superman, I flat out lost all interest in the series. That style is fuckibg awful

I actually really enjoyed Richard Epcar as Joker in Injustice. Had a good balance of funny and threatening. Hope they bring him back for the sequel.

Second only to the Young Justice Joker in utter garbage voice imo. Hope to God I never have to hear that halfassed Yoda-impression coming from another Joker.

Mark Hamill now and forever.

Long as Paul Dini writes, Bruce Timm animates and Mark Hamill hams his ass off, yeah.ยด

I miss the lipstick, but that's not what's gonna make me come back to a character time and time again.

Pretty much this. Visually not as good as the other DCAU Joker designs, but the rest is too good.

I know it's an integral part of the genre but it honestly pisses me off how DCAU Joker escapes death over and over with no explanation. It's so fucking pervasive that even when he actually DIES, for real, he still doesn't die.

Also it annoyed me how he was generally somehow able to hold his own fighting against Batman and Robin but many villains are guilty of that (holding their own in a fight when it makes no sense) so I can't really hate Joker for it.

DiMaggio was GOAT as the Joker, the "Tell the big man i said...hello" line still gives me chills, and he was legitimally fucking funny
I really wanted him to pick up as the official voice of the joker after Hammil stops

Crane was the only one to improve with the redesigns.

Yes, but the original BTAS Joker threw Harley out the window first, in the Mad Love comic book.

TNBA on the whole went broader and more cartoony in design (obviously) as well as personality. A few characters feel like it's a benefit because it makes it seem like they're slipping further and further into madness and supervillainy. TAS Hatter is your typical basement dwelleer /r9k/ creeper but by TNBA he's descended into full on freakshow inhuman supervillain. Same with poison Ivy going from a radical to a supervillain.

But most characters like Catwoman, RIddler, Scarecrow, etc. I feel lose something by losing their humanity. Catwoman in particularity has a cool redesign but it really makes no sense as far as her character. She becomes a breathy, slinky, sexy, femme fetale... with a 90's feminist pixie cut?

No, no. Nicholson's is a gangster.

Leto's is punk-ass-gangstah-bitch

Ivy too. Her original design was dull.

I really liked season 1 animated series joker. Especially that episode where he follows some random guy on the road until he pulls over then tells him that he's going to ask him a favor one day.

Looks like david bowie.

Kinda

Fixed it for ya

C'mon now, that's not David Bowie, just some poor bloke who wanted to be anyone but himself.

God, you're so funny

I always felt that the character of the sovereign became a lot less interesting after it turned out he wasn't actually David Bowie.

I'm still salty they fucked him up like this. Why did they do it? To prevent him from stealing the spotlight?

>is it bane or ba-nay?

I liked Penguin a lot more in the redesigns... overall liked how the more sleek look treated two face

Christ. What a fucking waste of Brent Spiner.

Catwoman's redesign will never stop bothering me. TAS Catwoman design is GOAT.

Why remove one of his defining features, the red lips?

Has he done anything good, All I know him as is that robot in star trek

Being voiced by Jeffrey Combs really helped as well. The original voice just wasn't intimidating. Same as John Noble in Arkham Knight. That game would have been even less without that voice.

That episode Joker's Millions was hilarious.

The thing Joker fears more than The Batman is the IRS.

This.

Holy shit who animated this?

>Arabian

dude lmao

That's superheroes for you

BTAS and its direct follow-up movies honestly aren't very good on the whole.

Mask of the Phantasm? Best Batman movie. Hamill's Joker and Harley Quinn? Timeless. There's a dozen or so really good episodes that are must-sees.

But the majority of the episodes are just utterly lifeless and most of the movies aren't much more interesting.

Superman TAS is better written on the whole. The crown jewel of the DCAU is JLU.