George Clooney Sells His Tequila Company to Diageo for $1 Billion

nasdaq.com/article/george-clooney-sells-tequila-company-to-diageo-for-1-billion-cm806441

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eMDJ6Uk4QWg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Owning more than a billion wealth
>No kids
>One pig
LMAO

There's no way he's worth a billion

I sold my wife to Jamal for MY pleasure. Who's the real winner here?

he probably only owned like 1% in it

That's still 10 million dollars. Anyways, he's one of the cofounders, so he'll receive a chunk of that cash

it was co-founded with two of his friends because the three of them kept asking a guy to make lots of tequila for their private parties and the guy making it said he would need to get licensed to keep producing so much tequila

i'd be surprised if he owned less than 40%

his wife recently gave birth to twins

> Smirnoff, Johnnie Walker, Captain Morgan, Baileys, J&B, José Cuervo así como la ginebra Tanqueray y cerveza Guinness.
I'm going to boicot all their brands

>sandnigger twins
lmao again

Oh god! Do you think he'll be okay?

>moving goalposts
pathetic cruise, really pathetic.

I think his wife is pregnant with twins, actually.

If I sold something like this I'd stipulate that I got a bottle per week forever, no matter the product
Fucking hell that is baller

Probably a touch on the haram side for the ol' ball and chain.

Sold for a billion?
Pretty neat.

I worked a private party to watch the Mayweather v Pacquiao fight that happened to be sponsored by his tequila. After the event my boss gifted me a bottle. It was incredibly smooth, no chaser/salt/lime required. I drank the whole bottle almost by myself and had no hangover the next morning. It was truly a miracle tequila. 11/10 would recommend to everyone

At the end of the day though he's nearly 60 years old.

His life is over no matter how much money or fame he has, he can never enjoy it as much as he might have.

t. Chang

Rande Garber is a co-founder of it right? Also his wife Cindy Crawford made like $60M last year lol, I wish that I were their son

Yeah i think theyll really miss your custom...

I won't be the only one

>was on a tv show 30 years ago
>in a string of flop movies
>his only hit was oceans 11 with a bunch of other bigger stars
>he's still considered a celebrity

Shouldn't George be washed up at this point? I know he made all his money from doing commercials in Europe but how is considered "A list" when he has zero star power ? He must have the best publicist /agent/whatever working in Hollywood

>american tequila
cultural appropriation at it best

He won an Oscar for Best Actor in Syriana a few years back. Just revealed how much of a pleb you are

>Your life is over at 60

What the fuck are you talking about? Being rich means he will probably live to 90.

He's only 2 thirds the way through his life, aslong as he eats well and exercises he should enjoy a good quality of life way into his 80s

Pavel?

Kys

>Anglos call a thousand millions a "billion"
a billion is a million millions you dumb shits

>brand that sells because of Clooney's involvement
>buy it from him

ниггep billion in english is a different thing

It's a typical airport duty free product. The kind that chinks by shitloads of since it's made by a Hollywood superstar

>buy some holiday houses in Mexico with your rich as fuck mates
>hire someone local to make you booze because why the fuck not, you're rich as fuck
>might as well sell some on the side
>welp, someone wants to buy it for a billion dollars

Wealth begets wealth, such is life for the mega rich and I say that as someone with millions in property wealth. Poorfags just need to learn that all they need to do to make absolute truckloads of money is be fabulously wealthy in the first place.

The name means "friend hunter" or "friend catcher"

Not sure if they knew that before they stuck that label on it

not anglos, americans
anglos used milliards to say 1000 milions but american movies have influenced them so much they now use billions
because of forbes "billionaires" too

To be considered "tequila" it has to be MADE IN ONE SPECIFIC PART OF MEXICO. The World of wine and liquor has a lot of rules. He and two other guys shopped distillers until they found one they liked and bought it. Happens all the time.

You're going to boycott Lagavulin and Caol Ila?

Casamigos? Loosely, "House-Friends"? Where did you take Spanish?

But now it's no longer his. What's the appeal now?

Shooney's Tequila, formerly Clooney's?

That fight was awful. I had to take morphine and drink a lot of beers. Afterward this chick drove my car up to get rillos and we smoked a couple blunts. I fucked her but didn't nut. My best friend ended up dating and getting engaged to her.

>4 Oscar noms
>what is Gravity
>what is Syriana
>just finished up shooting a movie he wrote and directed alongside cohen bros, starring Oscar Isaac, Josh Brolin, Matt Damon, and Julliane Moore
>washed up
are you retarded?

People still buy the fuck out of Cabo Wabo tequila and Sammy Hagar sold that years ago. He moved on to rum.

>and I say that as someone with millions in property wealth
Haha good one here's your (You)

his wife gave birth to twins last week or the week before

Other celebs involved with the tequila biz:
Billy Gibbons and Pura Vida

Sorry you weren't born to rich parents, user.

>twins
Exact wrong time to sell tequila company

Looking after kids isn't as tough when you can afford multiple shifts of professional childcare.

Ron White and Number Juan tequila

From my entire family
Casar means to hunt, trap or catch. A shortened colloquial version used in common speech is "Cas-" of "Casa-" used in combination with whatever your prey is

ex:
Casa-fantasma = ghostbuster

The way it's shortened to match the first letter of the following noun indicates that it's gimmicky trap meant to make friends. It's not a bad name if when used in the context of local slang, only a gringo would cheese it up by naming it to mean what you said

So they probably made it kind of sound okay and somewhat authentic but whatever. It's tackyness is borderline

>"Cas" or "Casa"

I think I need to work on my english

It means house of friends, you're both retarded

>It's tackyness is borderline
Like to reiterate Ron White's tequila is called "Number Juan"

real spaniard here (catalan)
casa is house
caza is hunt

caza is hunt
cazar is to hunt
cazador is hunter
casa is house
casamigos it's not a word
but of course means house friends

If that's what it means then you and whoever named it with that in mind are retarded

They almost stumbled onto a patrician name

>catalan
>real spaniard

No, "house of friends" would be "casa de amigos". You slam words together all day and come up with your own meanings, but that doesn't change the language, asshole.

>all these dannyboytbhs ITT

So I forgot about the Z
Sue me

Justin Timberlake and Sauza 901

Casa = House, Caza = Junto

Dumb ass...

fuck you george

>You slam words together all day and come up with your own meanings
yes, this is exactly what they did you autist. this is what a lot of brands do.

Posted from mom's basement

Rekt

wow he really is batman now he is a billionaire

JUST

Sounds like fun

>nasdaq.com
How about a more reliable source next time and not some fake news shit?

How many times was he sexiest man alive?

That right there alone means an unlimited supply of vaginal juices for the rest of his life.

Every girl crazy bout a huge ass beard

Bitter as fuck!

>impying I'm wrong

They should have played off of this and reeled in actual hispanic customers who are the biggest consumers.
They prefer to stay a novelty item I guess

CLOONEY IS TURTLE NOW

That's not even perspective; her feet are that big.

That's the old bottle. It looks like this now..

Bam! Instant college fund for the kiddos.

Not that hard to have millions6 in property. My parents have millions in property and they are both mid level civil servants in Ireland.

I'm getting a free house. Niiiiice.

we were the major area with the least years under muslim rule

spaniard doesn't mean castillan

"Nobody knows spanish", the thread.

Cool. What does tequila have to do with Spain?

>or tequila

Not really when your goal is to get kids with your DNA. Once you're his age there isn't much else you can pass on besides genes, money, and maybe an extra chromosome.

>implying his kids dont have his dna
what the fuck did he mean by this

you say that like his life has been shit until about now. This guy has been living the life for the past 20-30 years.

>drinking reposado

it's literally spillage and sewage they sell as tequila
same with "gold" rum

youtube.com/watch?v=eMDJ6Uk4QWg
when will she be LEO'D

Reposado has been aged in oak barrels anywhere from a couple of months to a year. Anejo tequila has been aged for 1-3yrs. There are shitty versions of "tequila" that are not 100% agave, they just say "made WITH blue agave". So they're half tequila and half grain alcohol. A good example would be Jose Cuervo Gold...

it's mexican wich was new spain for centuries

Yes, it uniquely Mexican. By your logic, it's like England lecturing Kentucky, TN. about bourbon.

>>cultural appropriation
Retard alert!

I wasn't lecturing about the product but the name dumbass

Tried the Blanco a month ago. Fucking awful. How the fuck does anyone like tequila? Or is aged tequila better than blanco?

Are they black? You just know george is a bull prepper

Liquor store manager here and it's my birthday and I can confirm Casmigos is hands down one of the best tequilas I've ever had. It is so much cheaper than Don Julio here and totally on par with it. I recommend it to everyone I can. Now that Diageo owns it it'll get constant marketing coverage and make some real money and that's a great thing because Tequila was stagnant for a while and Patron needs a clearly defined competitor.