David Fincher confirmed to direct Brad Pitt's World War Z sequel

Ready for the next kino by Kino maker extraordinaire David Fincher?.
uk.movies.yahoo.com/david-fincher-confirmed-direct-brad-pitts-world-war-z-sequel-161123838.html

Other urls found in this thread:

fanfiction.net/s/6115555/1/The-Way-Is-Shut
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Who wanted this to happen?
Who is happy for this to happen?
Is there really a big enough "World War Z" fan audience for this to succeed?

I'm pretty sure most people who saw World War Z just went to see "that zombie film with Brad Pitt", no one wanted to see another one and I'm pretty sure the Fincher audience is on the completely opposite spectrum of viewers for this kind of movie.
And what the fuck Fincher? You don't make anything for 3 years since Gone Girl came out and you decide to do a fucking zombie flick sequel? Is Brad Pitt that much of a friend to you?
I just don't understand those big studio execs, it's like they impulsively throw millions in random projects like they are picking random numbers on a roulette and see what happens.

It grossed More than $650 million at the box office, so I guess a lot of people want a sequel.

KEK. First one was trash.

The budget was $190 million and it grossed exactly $540,007,876 worldwide, not exactly spectacular.

>
>It grossed More than $650 million at the box office, so I guess a lot of people want a sequel.
My mistake, it grossed $540 million. Nevertheless it is still a considerable gross. Now with Fincher at the helm, it will probably gross even more.

It's a zombie film from 2013, pretty sure the general audience forgot it even exists

>Who wanted this to happen?

Pepsi.

>Who is happy for this to happen?

Pepsi.

>Is there really a big enough "World War Z" fan audience for this to succeed?

With a global reach of almost 1.7 billion loyal consumers the PepsiCo family is confident in its ability to deliver more of the thrills and chills (but no Pepsi spills!) that captured the hearts and minds of a generation with a sequel to the 2013 blockbuster World War Z.

>Now with Fincher at the helm, it will probably gross even more.
Being directed by Fincher doesn't exactly pull in the crowds. He has been successful thanks to adapting best sellers
>Zodiac - $88m
>Benjamin Button - $333m
>Gone Girl - $380m
>Girl with Dragon Tattoo - $230m
theyre all worldwide

>World War Z sequel
Haha what

fincher directing an ill-conceived franchise sequel. what could go wrong

WWZ is literally the best zombie movie ever.

t. PepsiCo executive

im serious. Pacing is excellent, it doesnt get boring and it has half decent acting.

i hope this sequel actually follows the book

>tfw ywn see battle of yonkers
>tfw no big brother-esque survivor attack
>tfw no general raj square formation zombie massacre
>tfw no cannibal winter story time
>tfw no quisling action
>tfw no russians gassing their own people with biological weapons

it should have been a tv series desu.

why does fincher keep picking up these garbo movies to make, its like a chef working at mcdonalds.

Somebody post the pasta

WWZ would have been an alright film if I hadn't read the book. I spent the whole time thinking "fuck give us some of that sweet book goodness"

Cannibal Canadians could have shown up for fucks sake

And the people who liked the book probably hates the movie

>yfw the movie shows what happened in Best Korea

They would have to cut the Israeli Civil War plot line if you want it to be more like the book

The Israeli Civil War happened in the book though

>cannibalism
>in a blockbuster holywood movie

it's like you're new to cinema

I know, but seeing how the first movie played out then can't exactly do a Civil War in the sequel.

>Fincher wants to make a zombie movie
Could be good. First was shit yeah but whatever. I don't think a zombie exists yet made by as legitimately good a director.

I for one am ready for more Brad-kino.

>it should have been a tv series desu.
more like a webseries. each story takes 10 minutes max and theyre all isolated, barely any links to other stories

Reminder that zombie movies were the zeitgeist trend before superhero movies

Fuck off pepsi

This. I don't understand the guy. His next project before this one was supposed to be Strangers on a Train remake. Why the hell is he wasting his enormous talent with remakes or mediocre projects?

But he once said that he always wanted his own "Empire Strikes Back" kind of blockbuster movie. Maybe it won't be half-assed movie, he might bring his A game but still. Really Fincher? A sequel to a mediocre flick when everybody expect your next masterpiece like Zodiac or Seven?

Is she coming back?

holy shit you guys, new Sadfu

>hairdresser fucks your hair but you still have to go to the party

The first World War Z movie should of been about the first stories of the book and the great panic. Having them start as interviews in the sense of District 9 and then show flashbacks etc. Second movie would be the great war (hasting etc.) and the aftermath but no, lets have them do a generic action movie.

What if Fincher ditched the fucking shitshow that the first movie was and just made an adaptation of the book.

Wait a minute? Didn't Brad Pitt retire or some shit?

If you want best Korea, I'd highly recommend this. It's a fanfic, but the guy nails the author's style perfectly and still manages to retain (or even add more) tension and mystery to the Korea situation

fanfiction.net/s/6115555/1/The-Way-Is-Shut

Meanwhile, the new Dragon Tattoo movie moves on without Craig, Mara, or Fincher, who is instead going to be directing a fucking World War Z sequel. Just shit all around.

I definitely didn't see that one coming... cautiously interested I guess?