Will it suck, /tv?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q7R5B77iYXo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Not a chance.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Alan moore caring about any of his adaptations

all he watches is Simpsons

Hopefully not. At least the guy has a set plot to follow and there's an ending written down beforehand.

watchmen babies are the next

Yes. Watchmen is too complex and deep a story to be adapted for a normie audience.

I'm guessing they'll take liberties with the chronological order, but it will have to feature something new: the perspective of Comedian's grandson in the modern day.

inb4 they base it off those new watchmen books DC made

Hey don't make threads about this shit, we want to keep watchmen underground and unknown. You know, like your local bands that you can go see and have a beer with.

Or we can discuss what we want

The same Damon Lindelof that did that "Leftovers" thing?
It was pretty good.

yes, also same Lindelof who made a shitty script for Prometheus. Also same Lindelof who completely shit the bed with LOST season 5 and 6

when are HBO gonna do good crime stuffs again

im bored of capeshit and fagtasy

>any HBO since The Wire/Sopranos
>not sucking

Pick one and only one.

>hating on based Lindelof

Looks like newfags weren't here for all the Lost threads

Fuck, I thought it was a different Lindelof.
Will have to screen all his past projects and see who he co-oped with to make good stuff and who's on this "Watchmen" thing.

Was the Knick HBO? It aired there, but was branded Cinemax or something.

get rid of that fucking gif

If we're talking Game of Thrones -scale treatment for Watchmen then it could involve all the stories and scandals of the other heroes in the city. It could be like Kick-Ass but more serious.

Probably.

>any HBO post-Oz, Deadwood or Rome
>not shit

Lindeloff will use Manhattan in season 3

Leftovers is fucking great

STOP WITH THE TV SHOWS BASED ON ONE MOVIE OR BOOK

Our current generation is so autistic that they don't go to cinema anymore so hollywood is now producing tv shows cause no one dares to leave their room
Amazing and sad

why? it's a million times better than a movie based on a single book

delet

jk Alan Moore is a God.

I have most of his work. Haven't started on Providence yet, hope it is good. I liked Neonomicon.

those were the days.

>lindelof
Do you really need to ask?

>Lindelof

>I liked neonomicon
then you'll like anything because that's easily the worst thing he ever written

the writing itself was bland for being Moore, but the story and setting was good. I hear that Providence, being the prequel and sequel to Neonomicon is way better anyway, so I'm optimistic.

>HBO
There are more chances of Queen reforming with all 4 original members than modern HBO making a series that "sucks"

It is better. Blows the fishmonster cumshot out of the water, too.

>modern HBO making a series that "sucks"

Westworld

Checkmate atheists

nice.

it's not
it's boring
it takes too much time
people shouldn't watch 300 hours of the same shit
find other hobbies goddamit

cause they will made up shit
it's not big enough to make more than two movies

Game of Thrones

>literally posts stop liking what I don't like

lindelof will subvert expectations by making manhattan the man of faith and ozymandias the man of science

we'll also finally learn the true meanings behind the comedian's tattoos!

Flip through Rorschach one in store. He runs into a gang hideout, gets captured, needs to be rescued. Later runs into the exact same gang, gets captured, needs to be rescued again.

QUALITY

There will be a scene where we open upon a prehistoric woman with her child dealing with how her chieftain stages an attack from an outside source so as to better justify moving from their ancestral homelands!

Yeah, Lindelof is a fucking hack.

lindelof will devote no less than six episodes to the squid island and rewrite it as a sort of dharma initiative

the super duper twist is the aliens are actually real!

to fill out the diversity quota, jon osterman and the comedian are black

Lol Alan lives a few doors down from me

you live in the woods too?

N-town yh

I bet he gets super prissy if people walk up to him or talk to him about muh comic books

Lost was the most disappointing thing since my son. And while my son eventually hanged himself in the bathroom of a gas station, the unfortunate reality of Lost is that it will be around. Forever.

>A comic book that already had an almost panel-for-panel movie made out of it less than 10 years ago also gets a series.
>Meanwhile, comic book lines perfect for TV series like 100 bullets don't even get considered.

yeah I've seen him in town centre a couple times as well but never gone up to him, seems like the type of man that likes his privacy

should I send him a Christmas card this year :3

It will suck. I'll laugh when it turns out it's based off Before Watchmen.

if it's half as good as the leftovers then it will be fine

I think Sup Forums would throw a fit if you proposed to do it, maybe they'd make a cool scrap.

Real question here, the show can't be done in HBO if one of the original character isn't redone as a black man.

Who's gonna get BLACKED, guys?

Ozymandias of course

how does a complete hack like Lindelof still find work? he sucks a mean cock?

WE WUZ RORSCHACH N SHIET

Put me in the screencap, Leddit!

Judge Dredd show

or swamp thing

Alan Moore's Swamp Thing run is some of the best shit I've read in ages and it would work really well as a show. It has a good start and end.

And a bitching as fuck Constantine.

they will choose another 40-year-old actress to play Silk Spectre II

thank mr plinkettal

Her character was born in 1949, the book takes place in 1985.
So yes, she'd be in her 40s.

Wait scratch that.

>HBO
I hate not having cable or satellite.
Thank goodness for the age of torrents and streamsites that are uploaded right away.

Lost was bad already in season 1.

youtube.com/watch?v=q7R5B77iYXo

Alan Moore is a repulsive faggot

>how does a complete hack like Lindelof still find work?
You answered the question yourself. If he wasn't making money, he wouldn't be a hack.

No, it's gonna be Nite Owl
>Smart
>Composed
>One of the good guys
>Fucks a hot girl
>Lots of screen time

a black character with the name "nite" instead of night?

haha what an ebonic coincidence!

>And all the whores and politicians will look up and shout: "Save us!"
>And I'll look down and whisper: "Naaaw mayne"

what is the source of this? because it honestly sounds like bullshit

Lindelof:

>LOST
>Star Trek Into Darkness
>Cowboys & Aliens
>Prometheus
>World War Z
>The Leftovers

It will fucking suck

dude let the mystery b lmao

the leftovers is the most REALISTIC, CHALLENGING show on television. it doesn't hold your hand and give you ANSWERS because LIFE doesnt give you answers. if you need ANSWERS from your television shows you don't deserve lindelof's GENIUS. also a cult that smokes and doesnt talk in response to a mysterious happening was an especially nice touch

Is fu because for Before Watchmen they took what are supposed to be the best in the industry and they practically and finally demonstrated that they ALL TOGETHER are steaming shit compared to one single Alan Moore.
BW is defiling Watchmen, but is a convoluted homage to Moore.

>realistic
>kevin is jesus

find someone who likes the leftovers and you will also find a complete fucking moron

he didn't write any of those by himself, all of those movies and shows have multiple writers, calm down m8

I will literally kill ymself if this won't suck.

That's how convinced I am.

hello lindelof

but how is he gonna put his signature TWEEESTS into it, though

>HBO

WIll probably be good. HBO always deliver on quality, even though the style/genre might not be in my taste.

>Will it suck, /tv?

Not more than the movie

did you even watch the show, fucking brainlet

Dr Manhattan

>Watchmen
>unknown
maybe it was underground in the 80s and 90s but normies already know about it

it will be great if they just remake it panel for panel. it will suck if they make the wrong casting decisions and add their own shit to it while removing other things

here, i'll save you the trouble of arguing

kevin coming back to life without any explanation doesn't matter because the show is really about the characters

Lindelof inserts anime/comic book cliches in all of his works, so that sounds like a good idea.

Yeah it will

The comic is good and the 2009 film is good for nostalgia purposes and because it was the peak of 2000s superhero movies but it wasn't actually that good and no one older than 15 will like this new garbage either

>Prometheus being shit is his doing. He did the final script rewrite.

Night Of? Not as great as those but no way does it suck.

>WestWorld
>good
LMAO