Why does everyone hate this film so much...

Why does everyone hate this film so much? It was much better than the 2014 snorefest and it's not like a majority of the jap godzilla films weren't terrible.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4_oiHWXLIFI
youtube.com/watch?v=WxQ0hSAoAFY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yeah it's pretty fun. All the hate are from fanboys of the franchise. That gay kraut can shoot a fun dumb blockbuster.

>it's a puff daddy raps over kashmir episode

It's fun.

GOAT tier poster

Godzilla looked like shit but the film was bretty fun

The Helicopter chase scene through New York is kino

uh yeah
da da dum dada dum
da da dum dada dum

The only good thing about it is Jean Reno not giving a fuck

My first and best cinema experience.

I don't get why people hate it either.

I wore out the VHS tape of this when I was a kid

Jean Reno saves this film

It was and still is a terrible film, but the Godzilla design was leagues better

youtube.com/watch?v=4_oiHWXLIFI

The spinoff series was GOAT

Why is it terrible though? I hear people say that a lot but they never ever give reasons

>tfw we'll never get the sequel the ending was setting up for

Watch the cartoon

DUDE COFFEE LMAO

I have this as a hand puppet, 1998 was the best Christmas ever

I liked it but no godzilla movie should feature hundreds of man-sized baby godzillas. just stick with giant monsters

Agreed. Half the Jap films are unwatchable and another 4/5 are slopes trying to morally browbeat us for being the undisputed victor in a military conflict when we should simply laugh at their pathetic nation and its subhuman culture

This is just a dumb film to entertain and it is well paced. Special effects were shit but so was everything else at the time.

Godzilla 2000 and Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla 2 are the GOAT kaiju films

It's basically Friends + Godzilla and the acting is subpar. But I still love it.

The more I look at this design I can see the homolust behind it.

Sage for fags and >we want the Jurassic park audience herp derp

what did jean reno buy with his first paycheck?

>It was much better than the 2014 snorefest

underageb&

a prostitute? fuck if i know

>Pacific Rim will never have a cartoon by this studio

a hot coffee

I heard it was a hot meal.

>g2k
my man, saw it when it came out in theaters

>GOAT kaiju films

Why are you using Sup Forums phrases? GOTY = Game Of The Year, GOAT = Game Of All Time.

For movies it's MOAT not GOAT.

Actually the effects are pretty fucking good for their time. I recently watched the movie on Mastered in 4K Blu-Ray and it looks a lot better than I remembered.
The whole movie is fun big-budget monster flick.

Greatest of All Time is what I meant

I just remember getting sick one time in my childhood and having fever dreams of the cartoon and seeing it projected on my bedroom walls/ceiling one night. Really vague as I must've been about 5 or 6 but it cemented in my memory nonetheless. Don't remember the actual show at all though. It wasn't made by the same people that did the Men in Black cartoon was it? They both seem so similar in memory.

Me too! I still have it

The design breaks square cube law, big heavy animals become fat unless its just height. this is especially true in reptiles, its a physical law.

But who really cares about why thy design is good or bad. Everyone knows that the true conflict is that they called that creature godzilla. If they named it anything else it would probably be more appealing

I do have to draw a line on them putting a vagina on the CG model

It's fucking great and still holds up. Don't know if the creators are the same as MIB, but the style is similar.

mfw when I was a kid I fucking loved that song and didn't even know led zeppelin was a thing

Since when have movie monsters in popcorn films been known for following scientific accuracy? You can say that every godzilla design or large monster is physically impossible that way. The cloaca makes it more believable so now you are coming in here with personal preference as fact? get over yourself faggot

Yeah it's by the same creators. They also made Extreme Ghostbusters and a bunch of other shows, but these three seem to be the ones people bring up the most.
Also, the people in charge of the Godzilla show were huge fans and they were apparently kept in the dark about some of the movie's details, and that's why the cartoon was more faithful to classic Godzilla.

I actually really enjoy the film, the only thing that people were complaining about when it came out is most of the scene is at night (like all monster movies out there -except for the new Kong)

And we can't really see much shit. The only thing that makes it pain to watch for me is the baby godzilla scene... totally unnecessary.

You didnt read the rest of my comment at all. I dont care about it breaking the laws of physics, it could have fucking laser fingers for all I care,
Square cube law is just a point people make

Yeah dude, this looks so much better, le cult classic, am I a nerd yet????

The characters are annoying cliches and all of the CGI action has aged like milk. Independence Day is a 10/10 masterpiece compared to this shit.

Since always faggot. Drop your fine arts degree and enroll in a real fucking program.

You know why the original jurassic park dinosaurs have form and definition to their models? Because they used the most up to date research at the time

Zilla was based on nothing, the CG design has a human vagina on it despite the fact that lizards any regular person would be familar with do not posses genitals

It's a dumb point that's irrelevant
pic

Zilla had a vagina, not a cloaca. There is no escape.

For the record, I was only bringing it to light, I like zilla's design and hated the classic godzilla design until it was brought back and updated for 2014

Winston's original design was leagues better than the shitty faggot iguana

Say what you want about scientific accuracy, Zilla will always be a top tier design to me

One of the best cartoon intros

Nigga... just lurk more...

>liking any of the fatzillas

Subverting that chubby look is the one thing this movie did right

>Do not possess genitals
Reptiles have a multipurpose hole that is shaped like a side-ways vagina. If they had changed the alignment it would have been more accurate.

It depends on the species actually

This.

All the hate is from the "purists". Godzilla is a garbage franchise for japs, at least the 1998 movie was fun. The worst part about it was fucking Broderick.

Yes, I know, the cloaca is very much not a human vagina slapped onto a reptile, however.

Look, I like Zilla, but pretending that theres anything well thought out about it is just lying to yourself, Zilla has mammal musculature, someone in the film thought he was at all comparable to an allosaurus.

Human pregnancy tests work on him?

None of this makes him WORSE, it just makes arguments that he's accurate silly. The most logical godzilla appearence yet is the 2014 design and even then that one has gills designed for animals that cannot leave water.

If we're dealing with an iguana mutant, it would have a cloaca

>People actually pretending to like "Iguana Rampage: starring Inspector Gadget"

Who's ever argued that he was accurate?

i like the 2014 version. stubby nose, pure tank mode all around.

What if it is part human?

>Inspector Gadget

unironically does

kill yourself zillautist

>He never saw the DVD extras
That fixes basically every anatomical error except for the fact that he'd still be pretty weighty

>Game of all time

What the fuck

That is honestly really dumb looking design and nobody would have taken that upright walking design seriously in the 90's after Jurassic Park. I'm glad we got a fresh new take on the monster. The only problem was that it wasn't powerful enough.

>muh realism

I just can't get over the slapstick/pratfall type shit they did in it. It was too goofy for me to be a decent giant monster movie.

>slapstick
>pratfall
>goofy

What movie are you talking about?

>It was much better than the 2014 snorefest
Let's make things clear. Godzilla (1998) is a bad film. But it definitely holds your attention better than Godzilla (2014). The latter is a dull exercise in filmmaking with nothing to say. It looks nice (whenever you can actually see it). But that's literally about it.

People that hate this movie don't realize it's not for them, this movie was for children, so they could sell toys and capitalize on the Jurassic Park hype. That's why I loved it when I was 4 years old, the people that hate on this film are no better than the manchildren that enjoy capeshit, it's a children's movie.

Only problem? Godzilla (1998) was expected to become the biggest film of its time. Surpassing Star Wars, Titanic, and Jurassic Park. The marketing campaign was huge and other studios avoided placing anything important near the date of its release. Instead it barely made a profit. This was rejected by virtually everyone. Reviews were scathing. Countless toys went unsold and sat on shelves for months.

>BROOOOOOOOOOOWN

>any roland emmerich film
>good
Good one, OP.

This movie gets a lot of shit cuz if feels more like a Jurassic park movie set in New York then it does an actual Godzilla movie. Granted, most Godzilla movies aren't particularly good and are dumb fun to begin with.

I meant the creature. The actual movie has many problems. The marketing campaign is one of the best in our history. It was a huge mistake to release the film on Wednesday because the bad reviews got in before Friday so that crushed all the hopes for the record-breaking first weekend.

It was still relatively successful overseas and it was one of the top grossing movies of the year, so that makes me wonder whether they'd go forward with a sequel if it was released now, pandering to the foreign market.

>Roland Emmerich directed The Patriot

Really makes you think.

Because not muh godzilla. Same reasons people hate JP3 beyond reason because muh Trex.

Both are mediocre as fuck.

Me too. As a black kid growing up I was hit with this new sound and didn't know what to make of it but I fucking loved it.

when the album was bought for me it eventually got me out of rap

I had the remote control godzilla. I was so hype for this movie. Still love it.

90's monster movies are my favorite things to rewatch. Evolution is also a great one

Uh huh yeah

>Be Roland Emmerich
>Direct Independence Day
>Independence Day becomes the highest grossing movie of 1996
>Tristar offers you their next project, Godzilla
>Don't give a shit about Godzilla
>Your producer partner loves Godzilla and begs you to make the movie in hopes for another smash hit
>Independence Day had that cool destruction scene and Godzilla movies have lots of destruction but that still doesn't make you an ideal choice for the job
>Dean Devlin doesn't give up
>Finally give in but only if you can change the character enough so you could care at least a little bit
>All the changes are approve by Toho, the company that created and owns Godzilla
>Make the movie
>The movie comes out
>Everybody hates it
>You wish you had never agreed to do it and instead would have made a movie about a giant asteroid approaching Earth
>It was your dream project
>Michael Bay makes it instead

youtube.com/watch?v=WxQ0hSAoAFY

BRICKS

Top kek, he got cucked hard.

>Armageddon becomes the highest grossing movie of 1998, beating the shit out of Godzilla

Fucking sad