Did your grandfather make it back alive?

I'm just wondering how many of you faggots are the descendants of actual men, or the leftovers.
My father's father was KIA in Tunisia during WW2, leaving my grandmother to raise twin boys by herself.
My mother's father was a RAF Hawker Hurricane pilot during the battle of Britain, half of his left foot was blown off from a BF109 cannon shot and he also had 3 other random bullet/shrapnel wounds from multiple sorties.
They put him in Palestine after the war, he instilled my hatred of the jews.
Tell me your stories.

Grandfathers family were all military until him, he was like 6 when WW2 started.

Other Grandfather was a copper.

I don't know the whole story, but one went deaf from artillery fire and was later tasked with guarding the Russian prisoners because he could basically understand what they were saying.

The other never made it overseas, but did see the flash from the Trinity Test.

Some of the most based men I've known.

Grandfather stayed on the home front and helped convert factories.
Great grandfather was a farmer during the first war and he never got drafted and just helped feed the war effort.

Grandmas maybe more based. One met him in the military fixing planes.

The other tested transistors to make radios.

>tfw WWII was a lie but you'll never get to fight for such a beautiful lie

Gramps on my moms side was an engineer and landed on Normandy. Gramps on my dads side was a 40mm Bofors gunner on a minesweeper during the Korean War. My dad joined the Marines after law school and was sent to Grenada, Panama, and Kuwait.

My grandpa was born in '31 so he couldn't serve in the war. Never knew my other grandpa

My grandparents were killed during the Holocaust.

My grandfather served on the military base in Japan during the Vietnam war.

Lets just say I'm only 3/4 white ;)

Granpop hunted Jap subs in the pacific theatre

Tail gunner to be specific.

Served in Germany a 2 years after WW2. Was too young during the war

>the you're country is irrelevant so nobody in your family has served in a major war

>Grandfather was in Germany during WW2
>Him and his friend taking cover, German enemy behind a tree ahead of them, long range
>Friend gets up to fire, gets shot by enemy immediately and dies
>Grandfather gets pissed
>Saw german's breath coming out from side of the tree because of cold temp.
>Listened for enemy to reload
>As soon as he heard the -click-, gets up and shoots right through the tree and kills him

He was a marksman. He died at 88 of old age. Bless that man.

Grandpa was an Irish immigrant that owned a restaurant. Dad was a draft dodger who fled to Canada and then came back after Vietnam ended.

Grandpappy1 was a turret gunner on a B-29

Grandpappy2 was Navy AA gunner on Nimitz's ship

Both made it home.

Now I fight meme warfare.

Fuck

My grandparents were peasants in Colombia

Grandpa fought at Monte Cassino
Grandma took part in the Warsaw

Same with mine.

he was marine corps during Korean war

My grandfather was a gunner on a ship which sunk the largest Japanese troop carrying sub :^)

Warsaw uprising*

God bless that man.

Grandpa was in the navy during WWII.
Got his kneecap blown off by a mine.

I'm not sure either of my grandfathers went to war, I dunno they probably did but I've never heard about it.

grandpa on my dad's side was in an artillery battalion in the KMT his squad got ambushed by commies ended up getting captured and later used as cannon fodder in korea. Grandma got his benefits so i guessed it worked out

All of my extended and even step-family made it through.

Nothing prestigious though, both sets clean up crew mid to late war.

My great grandpa killed British pilots in ww1.
I wonder how many of you are descendants of the people he killed. It was a lot.

I never knew my grandfather. He made it back alive and started a family and worked as a fireman. He died tragically while fighting a mother fucker of a house fire on a late night call. I guess he was a hero twice over.

Served in France and Germany after ww2 in the rcaf. He was too young for the war.

Uncle was a navy corpsman. Got assploded by mine in Viet nam.

Got a silver star outta the deal.

A more distant relative (same last name though) was stationed at Pearl Harbor during the bombing.

My dad faked migraines to get out of the Viet nam draft.

>mfw none of my relatives died in ww2

My great-uncle died fighting the Allies. RIP Kurt :(

Mine would've played for some NBA team, but got drafted and went into the airforce.
That guy was fucking awesome, I wish I had the foresight to speak with him more.
He was an allstar in almost every sport he played, got into the hall of fame for the longest punt with a broken foot, or so I've been told.
Also, not black.
Slavic.

Didn't work hard enough

gpa arrived day after D day.
died of lung cancer very old.
diehard republican while the rest of my senpai are dem. wish i got to know him more died when i was like 8

My grandad was in Italy. In the First Special Service Force
My dad suspects he had some PTSD after attacking one of his older brothers with a knife out of the blue

Not my grandfather, but I had a great uncle that took aerial photographs of the aftermaths of bombing runs. I know some relative of mine has one. Wonder if they would send me a copy or if I could buy it off them.

One of my Great Grandfathers fought in WW2 with the US Navy. He wore glasses which meant he wasnt fit for service in the Aus Navy but with the US presence in aus at the time he asked them and they let him join with a bunch of other aussies
>tfw the Aussies were given different uniforms and despite being regular sailors they just walked into the officers dining room and ate there each day and no one realized they werent supposed to

My grandfather was born in a concentration camp (slav shit, not kike). His father was in the Polish army but was used as a servant to one of the camps officers since he spoke German. He apparently killed a few Germans in the war, as evidenced by the stuff he looted from them. My grandfather still has a few of the nazi items but unfortunately the Lugar that was brought back was taken by cops 30 yrs ago for some reason.

One of my grandmothers uncles was killed on the western front in ww1

My digits so close
>1488

I'd gun his tail desu
>t. trudeau

my grandpa didn't die, but his brother did in russia and 2 of my grandmas brothers also died in russia from my moms side. from my dads side his dad survived fighting the french so no deaths over there

My grandfather went to ww1 and wwll

He brought home gook guns from japan

Both my grandfathers made it back. One was one of four brothers who went and all came back.

What kind of guns user? I barely got to meet my WWI era families.

One of my grandpa's served in WW2 and the other served in the late 50's to early 60's around the Berlin Wall. My great-grandfather served in WW1 he was an absolute badass from what I have heard.

>Great grandfather's brother makes it through the war
>comes back victorious, a promising young man full of life and vigor
>goes out drinking with buddies second night home
>dies in a car crash that night
>his mother follows soon after, overwhelmed with tragedy.

Gramps was an engineer (mine defusing in particular) in Italy WW2 as well as the Korean War

great-grandpa also survived ww1 along with his bro, one was artillary other inf higher ranks though

1 Grandfather fought in France during
WW II, ended as a prisoner of war, came home months after the end.
My other grandpa was younger during the war so he only helped loading the antiaircraft guns.
Great grandpa on my dads side had some pretty important position in local administration of a german town so he got drafted only days before the end of the war.
Got killed on his first day at the russian front.

I forgot, they were taken by a cousin after he died. I still have all the Korean money he brought. A lot of bills and coins with holes.I still have the money and some heavy Binoculars

Grandfather died in ww2, dad died in Afghanistan, I wonder what country I'll die in

One grandfather couldn't serve cuz flat footed. Other one fought in Laos during secret war.

Your grandfathers were a bunch of faggots and I am glad to read that they died hahaha.

Was it a Nambu? My grandpa took back one of them.

Both my grandfathers made it home alive. One was US Army AirCorp as a bomber gunner on the B-17 and the other US Infantry in the Pacific. Hooah!

My grandfather went into the military despite not being drafted.

My grandfather drove a tank in WW2 he is still alive at 98. don't know how to tell him Hitler was right

Both great grand dads served on the Pacific in ww2
Grand da served in nam other did coast guard bc of being a bitch
Da did 25 years in the navy as a sub guy
I didn't because ma and pa didnt want me to and such tho i might still go in even acter finishing college

>You will never fly for the Luftwaffe

my grandfather was a mechanic for the RAF so he wasn't directly fighting anyone.

My great-granddad was in the military but I'm not sure if he was in the war at all. On the other side of my family (Austrians) I have no idea, probably because they're cucked and don't like to talk about that part of their history.

uncle who was in Vietnam as a special forces summed up how it was.

Basically walk in jungle.

Get shot at.

Kill everything that moves.

Rinse repeat.

He almost killed one of his squad members with a knife as he was constantly stabbing an enemy, he cut his stomache just on the surface and got dogpiled by the rest of the squadron.

And how they would sometimes have feelings of invincibility when they would get out of a fight noticing their clothes are full of holes yet they aren't even scratched.

>I'm just wondering how many of you faggots are the descendants of actual men, or the leftovers.
>posts a shitty pepe picture

I doubt your grandpa did anything besides fucking frogs in some swampy Tunisian oasis.

One grandpa (mother's side) stumbled into Omaha beach and was almost immediately struck by shrapnel and wounded. Apparently he had to fight to survive by lying in a hole with some corpses for a day before he was taken back to England.

He recovered and went on to being a motorcycle cop in the los Angeles area. Got in a head on accident, barely recovered from that, and then went on to be a restaurateur.

Father's side grandpa was an electrical engineer in the navy so he was lucky and never even had to leave texas

My father went to prison after grandtheft auto and burglery and illegal fire arm sales. He is really built though and went to rikers in ny. Said he was the only white guy there with a caution card. He was caught sneaking in a hallway about to murder a muslim guy. He was also cleaning a toilet in the prison and some black guy pissed on him so he beat him with a brrom till the guy was about to die. Yeah that's about it. My dad is a fucking killer kek. He said all the spics in prison called him white tiger. Also he redpilled me on life pretty much and is a working member of society now. He was degenerate but now really awesome guy.

>all these faggots proud of being the descendants of white civilization destroyers

Kill yourselves.

grandpa was a private in US army. 18-19 years old. great grandma got a western union telegram saying he was missing for a few weeks, they'd let her know if they hear anything. spent ~280 days in Stalag 7A as a POW. asked him about it on his 90th bday.

>went in at Normandy, few weeks after D-Day
>marched into Germany
>get caught after fight
>~2-3 day train ride in cargo car into POW camp
>no heat, no stop, car packed
>no bathroom, car smelled horrid
>had to work digging tunnels
>half assed tunnels cuz fuck it
>"one day, nazi officer freaking out"
>"they buried his mom, asked for help finding her"
>"so we dug his mom out of a pit"
>"he was very thankfull.. later that night he bought us beers"
>"it wasnt as bad as you'd think"
>"but the food sucked, and not much of it"
>one day nazis just bailed
>knew the allies were coming
>put white flags in the corners of the camp
>allies showed up, took us out
>came home on the big ass boats in NY you see in the pics with champagne, confetti
>"it was wonderful"

pic related is telegram

Mine killed gooks.

My Grandfather was a US Marine and fought on Guadalcanal in the Pacific ocean.

He was zooming around in a jeep when a japanese grenade hit it and threw them all out. He never did walk right again.

He survived of course. Japanese grenades weren't crafted with the precision of a steel blade folded 1000 times.

Both grandfathers were in malaya during the japanese occupation.
Somehow they managed to avoid being part of the masacres

Honourable man

My Great Grandad was in the German SS, died in the battle of Stalingrad in WW2, still got his old medals and stuff.

Grandfather was apart of the 30th infantry division in world war 2, he landed at d-day after the initial attacks and made his way up with his battalion through france into germany. He was in the hurtgen forest and the battle of the bulge. He survived a close air support bombing and said he was around 15 feet from the blast in a fox hole when it happened in The battle of the bulge. He was put on R&R in france after his division crossed the rhine and were only met with light defense. He then moved in with the rest of his battalion into germany only seeing combat once in a small german town where a wehrmact sniper shot at their half track twice before killing himself. Pic related is him

sorry user.
my gramps fought in the pacific. a torpedo missed his boat, he saw it go past with his eyes.
then his ship bombed the japs

it's okay user, you and i will hold the lines in ww3, foxhole bro

>when the time came for his draft, it was found he had a hole in his eardrum, "about as wide as a needle" in his words
>supposedly it had healed a month later
>to this day i'm 90% sure he dodged the draft by poking his ear with a clean needle
>mfw I'm ashamed by proxy even though I can't prove anything

over18butstillyoungfag, by greatgrandpa was a fighter pilot, and the other was fat and diabetic by the time the war came around. Fighter pilot survived the war, but died later in a fire.

Tfw grandpa on moms side is older than great grandpa on dads side.

On moms side, grandpa was part of the Dutch Resistance in the Netherlands
On dads side, great grandpa conscripted into Italian Army, where he was captured by Americans. At the end of the war, he had to walk home from North Africa to Italy. Took a few months

This actually sounds like a lot of fun.

Grandfather and his brother both died in WW2 fighting for Italy. Grandfather died in Tunisia and his brother in Russia.

pic related is him now, 89 turning 90 soon.

Grandpa slayed numerous gooks in Vietnam. Is now reduced to a green discolored sad old man hooked up to an oxygen machine because he smoked cigarettes all his life. Feels bad man.

My grandfather on my Dad's side was airborne, they gave him and his brother Meth during the battle of the bulge, and they never got off of it, he died when my dad was 4. My grandmother was a pill popper, and it was farm work for my dad for his young adult life. He became a power lifter in the mid seventies but waited until the early 90's to have kids with my mom. They got destabilized in my childhood though, I didn't take care of myself in my teens, but I'm trying my best to run, lift, and be athletic now. I was good in school. Probably will try terrorism if Hillary wins Etc.

My grandpa was a marine during peacetime right after the korean war and before the vietnam war. My grand uncle fought in the korean war but died before I was born. Never got to hear any war stories or anything. My dad was a marine during peacetime before the gulf war. So ye

>grandpa in vietnam
how old are you?

My grandfather was a fighter plane mechanic in WW2 on the infamous Burma Road. Other grandfather wasn't here yet, was a fisherman in Scotland.

Special forces in Vietnam was some crazy shit. Honestly the glory days of the green berets. 5th SF group was the most decorated unit by the end of the war.

my paternal grandfather was a purple heart winning marine in ww2. he fought in okinawa

my maternal grandfather was an illiterate who moved to the USA from spain and laid cables for telecoms before becoming a homeowner and landlord

both of my parents are convicted felons. my parents got divorced when my dad cheated on my mom, so no strong male role models

I may $70k/year as a high school dropout

My Grandpa survived the beach of normandy.

my grandfather led the mortor teams in iwo jima

yea he didnt sound like it was horrible like you'd hear. he even said it "wasnt as bad as you'd think" and said he was more nervous on the plane to normandy. he never talked about it. we fig'd not bring him thru it again. 90th birthday party my brother just asked. said "fuck it, now or never". there were like 40 people dead silent listening to his story. i dont think anyone ever asked him.. my dad, aunts... first time for everyone. i think my dad actually thought he was in korea.

All these fucking underaged ITT with grandparents too young to be in WWII.

Both my grandfathers were in WWII.

Great grandfather before he shipped out. Fought at Argonne as a rifleman. Led the charge on I think it was about a dozen successful engagements before a mortar took his leg off. He pulled through, came home, he and his wife moved out to the midwest, had four boys and a girl.

Three of the boys fought in the Pacific, two died in the Philippines, the other survived Guadalcanal.

Youngest of the brothers flew in Korea.

Dad registered for the draft during Vietnam but was never called.

Maternal great grandfather was in the Wehrmacht, immigrated to the US in the early 60s, other great grandfather was in Europe with Patton's Third Army, Grandfather was in Vietnam for a time as a conscript, father never joined the army.

If it isn't immediately obvious my maternal great grandfather made me suspicious of the Jews, as we spent most summers in their care 24/7.

>I may $70k/year as a high school dropout

most erudite

Stories like this are really good.

my grandpappy on my dads side was a tank commander, fought all over north Africa chasing Rommel. theirs this one story about how after disabling a tiger tank, he saw some of its crew members making a break for it. so he took out his good ol .45 and downed one. i wish i could've met him

>great grandfather #1 just had a ranch and was too old or drunk to fight
>great grandfather #2 warsaw uprising'd, died at the age of 60~
>grandfather fought no wars cause he was a fucking miserable drunk, didn't even probe the czechs
>grandfather #2 was a miserable drunk that ran to the US and died at the age of 50~
>WE WUZ HUZZARZ N SHIET

This just shows that communism really works!

From what my grandmother told me, my grandfather was royal guard to Hitler and had his family flee to the states slightly before the war was lost to save his family.

>Vietnam
I'm sorry to hear that. LBJ and Nixon are to blame. They actually killed Kennedy. They wanted an unwinnable war.

descended from a long line british. family fought in ww1 and 2, during the crimean war, literally everywhere. my uncle still has the crimean war medals