Why were movies then so much better than movies now?

Why were movies then so much better than movies now?

I think they were not "rushed" back in the day. I mean, I'm not -only- talking about bad planning, but now I feel like they just throw movies at high speed towards a wall, and whichever get's stuck on it, becomes the hit of the month, and gets discarded afterwards.

Also, Internet is killing movies. Half the movie is shown at trailers, the movie comes out, and 1/4 of the movie is shown in gifs that people make. The rest are just regular transitions within the movie which are not really relevant.

:'(

Nostalgia

They weren't.

You are just a le contrarian who was born in the wrong generation.

Because all the garbage was filtered out for you. I can already tell you only watch flavor of the month action/horror trash when you're not consuming game of thrones and capeshit

Movies have been in decline since 1939.

eh, as someone who has watched the whole of TCM like 10 times over, there really isn't that much a difference between old movies and new movies besides technical stuff

Cause you have too much pretense in your blood.

Because most studios back then hadn't felt the need to "relate" to postmodernism. With moral relativism holding sway in the culture, it's no wonder movies today suck.

trailers dude trailers and other ways to get information beforehand.

Many times you are ruining the movies by your own doing.

>le why are le memelenials all le balding
>3000 years ago no one was balding must be because they are fat lazy and watch pokemon
>heh I ain't balding I'm better than those dumb millenials
PIC RELATED OP IS A GLORIOUSLY WINGED FAGGOT

saturated market

Masterpieces are still being made though

Yeah, there still making good comedies.

claiming mai waifu

movies were far more rushed and less planned during the golden age. they literally churned them out by the hundreds like a factory.

t.shithead who knows nothing about movies

>t. le wrong generation fag

Neither of those statements are true

>tfw no qt druggy degen waifu 2 guide around and leech off of her career

Back then you actually had to have to quality to sell tho

Back then there was more potential for originality. The movies of our time which feature truly original concepts are either smaller in scale or banking on nostalgia.

Not that all originality in cinema has been drained, but for the most part, yeah, it has.

SHARED CINEMATIC UNIVERSES