Remember the 00's?

Remember the 00's?

Yeah. Was 'k up to 2006.

2008 you mean

Remember Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends?

What do you say here, the zeroes's?

The "oh's".

Things were better then.

The thousand's

What was being a 00's kid like?

19 year old user here. It was perfect save for the twilight Emos and president Bush.

We all do.

As a kid, I still wasn't able to put up with bloos antics.

Leaving the x-treme trends from the 90's and entering the age of everyone being an emotional internet fatass always felt weird to me.

Yeah, I agree. I don't it know what it was, but the early 90's and early 00's were far better than what followed afterwards

The Aughts

2006-2008 really.

Honestly we didn't know how good we had it.

>cartoons alive and well on Nickelodeon, Disney Channel, and CN
>action cartoons thriving
>cartoons in general probably the best they'd ever been if we count the 00's as a continuation of the 90's animation renaissance

It was a great time to be a kid to watch cartoons. Honestly I never thought there'd be a time like now when cartoons are basically dead.

About the only thing better nowadays Sup Forums-wise is the golden age of cape movies.

The cycle continues.

>golden age of cape movies

So what will people look back fondly on the 10's then?

If you can't see that we're in a golden age of capeshit movies right now, you are blind.

REMEMBER THE 10s?

THE 10s WERE SO MUCH BETTER

WE HAD
-TUMBLR
-GAMERGATE
-HANDLE-LESS SCOOTERS
-DLC
-INFINITE JOHNNY TEST/TTG/NuPPG
-NETFLIX
-BRUNO MARS, WE HAD BRUNO MARS

I'm not actually disagreeing. I'm saying I wish all Sup Forums threads were banned from Sup Forums permanently.

Wish the world did end in 2000. We had a good run with the planet.

>20 year old reporting in

Growing up in the 00's was okay. Got a lot of good snes games on GBA ports, and I didn't have to live through the era of smart phones as a kid, thank fucking god.
Got to experience the normie internet boom/online gaming too.
Played a lot of Runescape/WoW growing up (still do).
Cartoons were definitely above average, and I got the tail end of the late 90's era (born in 95). I remember watching some tiny toons reruns.
Got to see shows like ATLA, Xiaolin Showdown, Teen Titans. Shows for kids that had good story arc's.

All in all, I'm satisfied with the decade that I got to live in as a kid.

>no NuDOOM mention

I remember the things were not so elitist on the internet, most loved edgy things,toilet humor things or just simple things without any problems, now everyones behave like a fucking hipster for everything and constantly talk shit about the last decade.

The 2010's will be known for the explosion of alternative media outlets like Netflix and Amazon, showing what people can do out from under the auspices of major networks and studios and how that media can reach people directly. Steam blew up on an even more massive scale with the indie dev boom. Normal people are finally starting to notice Image Comics a little more.

And the diversity of content.

>inb4 REE DIVERSITY

Not that kind. There's something like 400 scripted shows which were/are set to premiere in 2016, VOD means there's a billion movies coming out every year directly, we're getting more and more niche content out of need, there's basically holes the major companies and even general audiences need to be filled and it's giving us stuff that would have never existed ten years ago.

Content and art is diversifying in genre and style, everyone is getting satisfied in one way or another just because of the extreme waterfall of material. Everyone can find something that appeals to their own nerd kinks.

It's fascinating to watch.

As someone who spent the late 90s and early 00s in the Pokemon and Western Cartoon circles that existed at the time, you're full of shit. Hell, Toon Zone's favorite past time was talking shit about the past decade and bitching that modern cartoons weren't as good as they were int he early 90s.

Internet post 2007 a shit.

Social media took over totally.
Before then It was this place separate from the physical world.

The internet used to be this sort of new frontier. A second universe if you will It became more commercialized post dot com boom but it still felt like it had a fucking soul.

I dunno maybe its just the oldfag in me.
Ive been here too long.

But I miss the ramshackle good natured depravity of the internet.

Everything is too polished these days.
And Every asshole with a smart phone think their a movie star.

I was an early teenager in the 00's. I wanna say that it was okay? I had to deal with a windows 98 and dial-up internet through most of it. Was big into manga and anime then, not so much anymore. Watched a lot of G4Tech TV too

Well, you're not wrong. My interpretation of the internet has always been a "free and open forum to discuss and share ideas", but now it's just a wasteland of vapid egotism and radicialized thinking. Kind of reminds me of the idea of Sim-Stims from William Gibson's cyberpunk work

>tfw I still have the game for PS2,it was really cool to play,but now my PS2 is broken

I am so sad. Cheer me up anons. I'll never get a slimline station again,lesson learned.

President bush was a great president far better than our commander in chimp

Can you niggers not wait another decade before you start nostalgiafagging about the 00's? Those are the rules.

The nonnies?

18-y/o here
It was fun. I remember being hyped for AT when it first got commercials on CN. I also remember watching 90's cartoons at the end of their lifespans (AAH! Real Monsters, Whatever happened to Robot Jones? and some others I can't remember right now.). Shit was comfy.

The 200's were when the homogenization of media began. It's not really that great aside from a few cherrypicked examples.

The interned died with http protocol.

>showing what people can do out from under the auspices of major networks
Mediocre series with Poz agendapushing

>poz
Is that like sjw?

when you say it like that, i imagine facebook fags posting shit like "you know you're a 00's kid if (blank)"

We always getting overshadows with the 90's kids.

Thank god, Most of the 90's are hitting their 30's and stop posting their BS on the internet.

>alternative media outlets like Netflix and Amazon, showing what people can do out from under the auspices of major networks and studios and how that media can reach people directly.

Poorly copying existing Cable network formulas?

>Steam blew up on an even more massive scale with the indie dev boom.

That's more or less died off now, and it even then it was nothing to write home about.

>Normal people are finally starting to notice Image Comics a little more.

Only when there's a tie in to a TV show.

>Most of the 90's are hitting their 30's

Nigga what? Most 90's kids are still in their 20's. The 80's kids are still nostalgiafagging. It doesn't stop. Society is encouraging perpetual childhood nostalgia to keep people from thinking about real problems.

80s kids are bros
90s kids are whining faggots, but I can understand why
00s kids are a cross of chill and retard

Counting is hard, user.

1990-2016
That's 26 at most. And even if you expand the definition of "90's kid" to include kids from the late 80's, that's still only a handful of the larger group.

Counting IS hard, isn't it faggot?

That's exactly what I meant, user.
Calm down.

would you still be considered a 90's kid even though you were born in 95 and only spent like 4 and half years in the 90's?

Sorry, I assume all Sup Forums comments are passive aggressive insults or snide remarks.

90s kids are in their late 20s~early 30
Being born in the 90s does not make you a 90s kid, you're only a 90s kid if you were born from 87-90, after that you're a 00s kid

You guys remind me of that actress, Maisie Williams, that was born in 97 and keep saying that she is a 90s kid.

I don't know. "Generational divides" aren't a real science. Just convenient, if vague and subjective, cultural place holders.

Teen Titans is mega cringey in hindsight.

>mega cringey

Your choice of words is pretty cringey desu

That's just like how everyone was a an "80's kid" a few years back.

Funny how nobody ever wanted to be a "70's kid".

Butt rock was at its peak and everyone was as edgy as possible. Guess who has two thumbs and wore trip pants and cut himself to Breaking Benjamin records despite having no real problems?

60s and 70s are too stoned to care, and the others too old to care.

2006 was 10 years ago.

Rule of thumb is 20 years per nostalgia cycle.

My god, you really are a faggot. Who the hell has heard of butt rock and breaking Benjamin?

Am I the only 2000s kid that's proud to be a 2000s kid? Everyone my age is bandwagoning the 90s kid trend.

Entertainment in the 70s was garbage for kids.

I'm with you, the 00s were awesome.

I like breaking benjamin, its one my little sisters favorite bands.

That, and the 70's is pretty much agreed to be one of the low points in history for a number of reasons.

I still have my yugioh, yugioh GX, and yugioh 5ds cards in their collectible tins even though I haven't played since middle school.

>Funny how nobody ever wanted to be a "70's kid".
That's why I think everyone saying people who thought cartoons were better in the 90's and 00's are just nostalgiafags are full of shit. The 70's were a shit decade for cartoons, you don't see anyone saying that those Hanna-Barbera cartoons were SO much better than the cartoons of today.

That shit right there is proof that things aren't always going to be a certain way. Maybe people have a right to look back at the previous decade, compare it to what cartoons are like now, and think, "Yeah, animation today is in kind of sad state."

Pretty good. Good shows and vidya, A lot of muh freedoms, some of the music was goid

>all these young-ass 20 and below motherfuckers
And I thought I was young at 23, holy shit.

Also, everyone here is forgetting the anime boom and lots of people being introduced to surface level anime like DBZ and Sailor Moon through Toonami. And others like Cowboy Bebop and Yu Yu Hakusho through Adult Swim. God that was the shit.

Drake and Josh was pretty good, though.

The 70's were basically a period of decline following a brief flowering of liberal idealism. Kind of like now, only with Obama instead of Carter.

So will the 2020s be prosperous?

You know it, buddy. We even have our own Reagan!

>Society is encouraging perpetual childhood nostalgia to keep people from thinking about real problems.

Wat?

>Mr Gorbachev tear down this wall
>Mr Enrique Peña Nieto build up this wall
Like pottery
It rhymes

I remember this show being shit

meme magic

Trump is doing everything he can to bring back the 80's.

He will be both our caesar and augustus, and lead us into a glorious empire

We don't need America to sell even more arms to fascist regimes thank you.

We could care less what YOU need foreigner scum.

Hillary's the one who's going to keep selling guns to ISIS. Trump's the isolationist.

>fascist

Fuck off, commie.

Here it comes

Don't kid yourself. America is the fascist.

I want trump to win so I can see the riots. Hell, I might join. It'll be the purge

Obama gave fucking weapons to ISIS and Drug Cartels, Trump can't be that much worse

DBZ, Sailor moon, pretty good shit on the TV. I either didn't have or had an extremely shitty PC.

00's were pretty bland when it came to music and fashion, compared to some earlier decades like the 60's and 70's, but we got to enjoy early Youtube and memes before the rise of social networks and normie-fication of the Internet.

>riots
Outside of some fucking illegals in Cali, it will mostly be liberals crying on Twitter and Tumblr

Purge of all non whites you mean?

emo

>everything was better back in my day

holy shit kill yourselves, media all over the world is being made at an alarming rate that and the gold from previous generations exists while the trash is forgotten, you have the best of yesteryear and niche's that appeal straight to you happening as we speak.

Whiny faggots

>muh opinion is objective
Kys

Sup Forums, Pls.
Nah those are the white liberals racked with white guilt. The blacks and Hispanics would get violent. I don't care about trump, I just want some crazy stuff to happen here in Brooklyn.

I was born in 1990 and I'm 25, none of the 90's are hitting there 30's user. I'm going to have to assume you're an underage b&

That's what I meant about illegals, they'll fucking riot, legal Hispanics will get pissed, blacks won't really give that much of a fuck cause they don't like Hillary that much and cucks will fucking cry
I would love to see liberals fucking try to start shit after spending years trying to make guns illegal though

The blacks will vote for Trump. He paints his name in gold on everything he owns and talks about how big his dick is. They love that shit.

I came into this thread not expecting it to be a 90's kids hate thread

>mfw im a 90's kid