Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NDuZfdf4hFQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

lord of the rings is like 3:30:00

whats the problem here?

thats the directors cut tho

>muh directors cut
who cares

Am I the only one that thinks most of the greatful dead's music is mediocre at best and often just shit? The only reason people like it so much is they were high out of their minds on drugs

Nymphomaniac was like five and a half

it literally says "long" in the title, what did you expect.

Jam bands in general are annoying garbage

Shit druggie music.

They also had a really hostile and arrogant fan base.

>amaz...

dropped

they arent the best at what they do, they are the only ones who do what they do.

I think it's a band who got a horrible reputation because of their fan base. FWIW I never had anything but good times at GD/Further/Phil and Friends/Ratdog shows and I looked like a total Chadwick back then.

The only one I like is Tedeschi Trucks Band. Bands like Phish are annoying, and their fans are even worse.

Length isn't always a bad thing...at worst it can be laborious, but if you are not a fan of the Grateful Dead--I am not by any means--then I would not worry about it.

>Never Sleep Again: The Elm Street Legacy
>240 minutes, in other words a very long doc
As a child, I was a horror fan, and as an adult I am by no means a horror fan. The long-and-short of that is that wanton carnage, murder, and other barbarism really do not do it for me. Anyway, I watched the Elm Street documentary first on Hulu then on Netflix then on Shudder. I had zero expectations, even negative expectations for the first viewing and I was pleasantly surprised and I have been further surprised in future viewings. I think it's a great documentary exhaustive in its scope and length. Whether you are a veteran horror fan, a hobbyist film maker, interested in the drier aspects of film making like distribution and advertising, or care about things not seriously discussed here that often like film scoring, costume design, set design, etc. then I really recommend the aforementioned film.

Think of all the documentaries that are sweeping and encyclopedic and (if you are a documentary fan like I am) you will be happy to know that they all vary in length, but if you are about an in-depth, comprehensive look at any topic--like me--then you'll be pleasantly surprised to hear that great documentaries like OJ: Made in America and the episodic documentary, The West, by Ken Burns dwarf both of our choices in documentary.

But, documentaries are not everyone's cup of tea.

Their songs? Yeah, it's pretty dumb.

>Grateful dead

I thought that was Justin Trudeau from the thumbnail and then I realized that it probably would not matter either way.

is that the small man yelling at trumpet player on the street?

GD is a great American band, especially if you like music like Bob Dylan, the Band, Neil Young etc

terrible fanbase in the 80's and 90's though. not representative of them or their music: youtube.com/watch?v=NDuZfdf4hFQ

This. Plus it's not even a good doc. So much shit is missing there.

If it was split into a four part series you wouldn't be complaining.

It's a Netflix, not a movie.

Moron.

With the success of the OJ doc, you can expect a lot more docs to take the maximalist approach from now on.

the first part is great

>Jerry's girlfriend is being interviewed
>"All he did was play on his banjo ALL DAY"
>and I found bluegrass music so TEDIOUS

lol, women never change.

The parts about how dedicated Jerry was to playing and learning music and how he was helming the band from a very early time were interesting.

Jerry undoubtedly liked drugs and music but wasn't really a hippie per se. Lesh the bassist was the most hippy. Jerry was baptized, married and buried in the christian church. It's a dirty little secret they don't talk about much...