ITT: movies that you wish got more recognition on Sup Forums

ITT: movies that you wish got more recognition on Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nWBxIjHBMJ0
youtube.com/watch?v=sD7LhO-HZOI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Can we please just have one thread The Ghost Writer?

Or just an Ewan McGregor thread? Or a movies you fall asleep to thread?

PLEASE Sup Forums

jamie pull up that image of satan

One of the best movies I ever saw and nobody on Sup Forums saw it.

I would like to see that remastered version, the old one I saw had very poor quality.
youtube.com/watch?v=nWBxIjHBMJ0

I'm waiting for the bluray before I watch thisb

I really like Talk Radio.

Nearly every thread on Sup Forums about this movie has been "wow, so pretentious"

Sup Forums so rarely has anything interesting to say about any movie that I'm happy to have them not recognize movies I like.
>boring
>babby's first X
>it was shit
upvote/downvote internet culture has taught them that their opinions don't have to be interesting, that the very act of sharing their opinion is interesting, even if they have very little to say. So I don't really care to hear a bunch of twats shit on my favorite films, I'm good.

Something before the 70s that isn't obvious as hell like 12 Angry Men, Casablanca or It's a Good Life.

A lot of my peers (mid-late 20s) don't seem to know of any old films outside a handful of ones that get discussed ad nauseam, even really popular films are just not talked about.

In all honesty, I bet your opinions aren't much better.

this was meant to be ironic right?

>modern ish cowboy/bonnie and clyde tale
>roon and affleck
>texas backdrop

so underappreciated

There are just so many good films out there that most people here will simply never watch. Either because it's not new, in english or simple.

There is not much point trying to make it otherwise, this is a board for people to discuss blockbuster earnings and fight about whos favourite franchise/brand is better.

See, this webm encapsulates everything I hate about this director and his movies: He has his actors flailing around like retarded marionettes like it's somehow more "dynamic" and interesting to watch. Reminds me of the Futurama episode where they try to make am ovie and Harold Zoid tells all the extras to act like retarded monkeys. Completely lacking nuance and subtlety. Anyone who holds this crap or Possession to high esteem needs chemical castration.

Sure sometimes the characters actions can be somewhat over done, but his movies can be visually distinct and interesting enough to watch.

Not everything needs to be understated and subtle.

It is the visual equivalent of nails on a chalkboard. When I watched Possession my heart broke because I know there was a good movie in there somewhere, but Zulawski took a giant shit all over it by telling his actors to make it look as forced and stagey as possible. I would be ok with every single one of his movies being remade. Fuck him.

I feel like you are making a much bigger deal out of this than needs be. What is film for if not for people to try and express things the way they want to. There is no requirement to please everyone or even anyone.

It is pleb filter 101. Trying to argue this is even more pleb.

Aside from 5 scenes its is a bad movie.

Well look wiseguy you wanted to discuss this shitty movie so I am humoring you. It was garbage and I found myself completely checked out around 30 minutes in. Maybe if the actors decided to perform in a manner that didn't suck, I would hold it to a higher esteem.

I am not the OP, but I just had the webm made from ages ago so I posted it.

You really need to take a step back I feel.

Take a step back from what? Crappy movies? You're right. Bella Tarr sucks too.

Ghost Writer was comfy as fuck. Great film, Ebert agreed

Also,

>Fish Tank
>Snowtown

I caught this on amazon prime. An overwhelming experience, but really moving. I cried

tfw no one talks about bertolucci at all

>Wake in Fright
>The Hill
>Fail-Safe
>The Imposter
>Man Bites Dog
>The Man Who Sleeps
>Headhunters
>Clean, Shaven

The Dreamers gets mention here alot.

Noe's best

Black & white was really great for Horror. Hard to recreate the same mood with color; just something about it.

Not that I dislike Horror in color, just that b&w had a certain mood to it.

One of my favorite movies ever.

Only because of Eva's tits in the Venus shot

>modern day Sup Forums is just some bizarre mix of Sup Forums, Sup Forums and Sup Forums
Why would you want Sup Forums to meme about some of your favorite movies? Besides its not like this place gives a shit about anything other than being contrarian cunts.

beautiful grayscale soaked in shadows is hard to beat

Throne of Blood wouldn't have been anywhere near as spooky in color

you mean Eva in general

this one is so great. made me really uncomfortable while watching, so full of nihilism. at the end i didn't give a fuck about my life anymore.
i like how 70% of the movie is just the main character strolling through shitty streets in france while we hear his internal monologue. very captivating.
have you seen carne by noe? it's the prequel to i stand alone.

>Only because of Eva's tits
FTFY

>it's zygote episode
youtube.com/watch?v=sD7LhO-HZOI

>Headhunters
saw it recently, i felt it was a really weak thriller. the antagonists motivation was very unclear to me. because the headhunter won't recommend him to the firm he instantly wants to kill him? also the headhunter surviving THAT car crash was pure insanity, i'm not the kind of person that gets hunh up about plotholes but that was just too unbelievable for me in a realistic thriller-setting.

the rest of your list is very nice though. great taste man.
how is clean, shaven? i always forget that i need to watch it sometime, i like peter greene.

This has been discussed plenty.

Meant to watch this when it came out, I'll try to marathon it soon

This pleb trash was flavor of the week pleb favorite multiple times a long time ago kiddo

Is this Whoopie Goldberg on the View?

yeah but im never around when it happens

Lets discuss it every day from now on x

>unzip your head
More like unzip my dick.

possesion >>> on the silver globe

pic somewho releated, i wish that we talked about old sci fi a little more, and more x-files threads