ITT: Pleb filters

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-ahtp0sjA5U
youtube.com/watch?v=j924qaMb0d8
youtube.com/watch?v=m6kFCNsnQpQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Hey look, it's the film that inspired Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

Shitty movie

The Neon Demon

lmao bro u wildin

I mean, even brainlets can enjoy this one. It's great.

brad pitt is a bad actor though

nah you'd be surprised how many people I've shown it to dropped it cuz it's "boring"

But it's so visual, the music is great and it starts Brad Pitt.

the dynamic between ford and james it so cringey, but it's intentional so it's fucking great

Too much "talking" and too slow according to the people I've shown it to. Most people anyway

Full Metal Jacket's second half, also Enter The Void.

Weird, even my parents liked it and they watch The Day After Tomorrow every few days.

Any film where a person thought it was "too slow" and didn't really understand it, but thought it looked good. Basically whenever someone critiques a film and talks about how it looks 95% of the time, I know immediately to disregard

It might be becuase they grew up when most movies were pretty slow. Jaws was a blockbuster and nowadays that would be considered a slow boring movie by a lot of younger people because the nature of movies has changed so much, at least major blockbusters. I feel nowadays movies are catered to kids with ADD. With so much scattered action and short term gratification I can't see a slow burn movie like Jaws or even modern slow burns like Assassination doing great with younger movie goers

That's why I love Batman v Superman. It's really a callback to the classic era of film making.

>Enter the void

It's great to watch off Acid but there's hardly anything deep about it. It sorta meanders with pretty visuals but feels pretty surface level. Pic related would be a better choice tbqh

it's a load of wank

youtube.com/watch?v=-ahtp0sjA5U

I Stand Alone is his best film

Really? From what I hear it's edgy capeshit with headache inducing action

Confirmed for shit taste. I Stand Alone is edgy for the sake of being edgy. It's pretty terrible

You should give it a watch. It'll make you believe in films again.

lmao bro u wildin

These, in addition to....
>pic related
I have never been able to finish from start to finish any of these films I love, without any/all falling asleep before the ending.

Or having people on their phone through 60% of it

I respect what you're saying, but I see Enter The Void as a pleb-filter in terms of: people not really appreciating how the film is pieced together, clever cinematography, depiction of drugs and tripping (which is very accurate) and the pure emotional atmosphere of it. It's not very deep but it's a really intricate film in terms of everything outside of plot and acting.

Also, it's a rare one where you can say that you should watch it on drugs, considering there was a lot of research made into how the film would be perceived by a person on drugs.

Cosmopolis
Heaven's Gate
Intolerance
Lovers on the Bridge
Munich
War of the Worlds
Once Upon a Time in the West
World Trade Center
Savages
Alexander
Black or White
Waterworld

Man of steel and
Batman v superman

The Thin Red Line is one of the most beautiful films to ever have been created.

Probably lost 40% of my potential friends from relentlessly making this a problem.

W/E.

I see what you mean, from a technical standpoint it's one of the most impressive films this century. However, it's visuals does not justify it's length. I felt this story could've been told in an hour and a half if some scenes that did not have any plot progression whatsoever were cut. I also felt the relationship between Oscar and his sister were not strong enough to carry the film.

I do agree it's a great film for drugs. Enter the Void off LSD should be on everyones bucket list

Okay.

I hate this movie because it doesn't deserve the praise it gets.

War is hell war is bad, no fucking shit. But Saving Private Ryan and Band of Brothers romanticized it just right. This was just pretentious.

>Saving Private Ryan romanticized it just right

lmao pleb filtered.

I feel like phones have killed people attention span. It's almost become hard wired into our brain to hop on the second we feel ourselves getting bored. I feel like it's a similar reaction to repeatedly dosing drugs, your brain starts to feel like it needs it.

But I'm not a docta I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about

Apparently listened to this 400 times, between my computer and MP3.

youtube.com/watch?v=j924qaMb0d8

The part in the movie, and the best verse (IMO) starts at around 2:20

That shit spawned the gritty intimacy of war.

Here's the issue, the film reads like a damn stage production.

ttrl portrayed war as it is, 90% boring, doing nothing, tjinking, talking, complaining, then the 10% of horror, anxiety, unsteadiness.

You sound on the money from at least my observations.

Another film I love that lost me a friend, more or less.

Fair enough, those are good points. Look, I had a lot of patience for it as I was quite stoned, that'd be why. It felt like it was following my high insanely well (probably a delusion, but again, it was heavily researched). Sober crowd in a cinema setting though? I can imagine the walkouts. He may have redeemed himself with 'Love', which had much more believable and intense relationships and character dynamics

looks pretty nice, what's it called?

The trifecta:
Nora Helmer, Venus in Fur, La Commare Secca

>kek he hasnt watched every le carre adaptation

Did you like Fear and Loathing? I felt it's portrayal of drugs was pretty accurate as well outside of some over the top scenes. I re watched tripping and instantly understood and appreciated some scenes better like this one

youtube.com/watch?v=m6kFCNsnQpQ

how their vibes sorta sink up when their tweaking is kinda like how environment and the people around you can affect your trip

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy

BEAUTIFUL FUCKING TITS MAN

thanks bud

yea I know I'm a real pleb

>Alexander
>pleb filter

Looks like you got filtered

I loved it, but I saw it as a kid with no understanding of drugs. It always seemed over-the-top but i'm really happy (and surprised) to hear how accurate it is. Depp and Gilliam know. I'll revisit it immediately

Funny enough Gilliam had never even done drugs before yet it still stands as one of the more accurate portrayals of drugs committed to the big screen

>movie about the goat conqueror and one of the most interesting humans in history
>load it with bloated scenes of mommy/daddy issues and gay subtexts
>ignore the most interesting things alexander did

yeah, naw. it was a film that tried to do too much. rosario dawson's tits were top tier though.

Malick ruined that movie with pointless cameos and wasn't able to decide what he wanted to do and ended up going nowhere. It's beautiful, anf the first half or so is very good though.

>Babbys first war movie

That's what you are! That's all there is for us, that's us, that's us...

I lost all twelve! I lost all twelve! Twelve of 'em. It's insanity up there. I told 'em what to do, I showed them where to go and I gave 'em a little push.

I don't know who's in charge here, but don't let 'em go! Don't let 'em go! I'm outta here!

of course im jk. check out 'a most wanted man'
rachel mcadams wears some tight fucking pants

Amazing, even when you think about Brazil and 12 Monkeys which from what I remember had their moments of uppers and downers. Noe took a shitload of drugs for years to get it right, Gilliam just understood it. A true artist.

I cracked up last time I watched that scene cuz his mannerisms and cadence reminded me of Billy Burr. Ol' Billy blue balls losing his mind

What do you think of Noe's filmography btw? Cuz personally Irreversible is one of my favs movie ever but I felt he likes to be edgy a lot of the time for the sake of it, ever get that vibe?

user it was a character study not a Sword and Sandals epic

I've only seen ETV and Love, and I really enjoyed them both. There is definitely some edge, but I think he has good intentions, respect for cinema etc. It's borderline trying-too-hard but there's a good balance imo. Have you seen Love? It's great, especially if you've been through a terrible break-up

Haven't got a chance yet, I hear it's pretty good tho. The only film of his I've yet to watch. Is it anything like Blue Valentine in that it shows a deteriorating realistic relationship or is it more romanticized

I'd say it's more of a deteriorating realistic relationship - I mean it's exaggerated in moments but I personally related to it. Saddest fucking movie. It's worth a watch