JSA Storytime: Punisher 2099

Good evening owls of Sup Forums,

Christ, what an asshole

Other urls found in this thread:

newsarama.com/29971-iron-mans-real-mother-marvel-couldnt-they-woudnt-would-they.html
twitter.com/Wheeler/status/748979943925841920
bleedingcool.com/2016/03/04/two-opposing-reviews-of-another-castle-1-but-only-one-of-them-raps/
twitter.com/TomKingTK/status/749014265982382080
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

LET'S HOPE THIS ISN'T LIKE LAST NIGHT, NEW M00T

>Sunday is the day of PUNISHMENT

Smug bully husbando has a nice preview

Question.

Has anyone notice the guy posting NIGGERS with a pic of a black guy sucking his own dick ?

Poor Jake has to deal with the deathgrip now.

Catalog filters are a wonderful thing.

I didn't click to read yet, but everyone seems really positive about it, yes?

yeah, janitors are being slow, I guess. And second to the "filters are awesome"

Yeah Kenan seems to have a personality so that's a positive and it's obvious he'll go through some sort of character development

>Kenan will never bully you
;_;

yeah for a few days now

We had the original Jim Lee cover. Then the Jim Lee cover showing a little more of Dr Manhattan’s arm. Then the Gary Frank cover with Wally West, out yesterday.

And now, for the fourth printing of DC Universe: Rebirth another of the issue’s artists Ethan Van Sciver is providing new art for the cover.

It will be out on August 3rd, though I would expect to see a few copies around the place at San Diego Comic Con.

It will also be accompanied by third printings for Batman: Rebirth #1, Green Arrow: Rebirth #1 and Superman: Rebirth #1, all of which saw second printings published yesterday.

These will be out a little earlier, July 27th.

the Joker should just look like that all the time

I love him already

So part of Comics Twitter is having some kind of meltdown again about creators and critics

My general thought is "If people have you blocked and you've never interacted, they probably saw you being an aggro shithead and decided you weren't worth dealing with"

HOLY SHIT, we just got heavy stuff, here.

newsarama.com/29971-iron-mans-real-mother-marvel-couldnt-they-woudnt-would-they.html

>But there aren’t many Marvel characters of relevance who could be revealed as Tony’s folks that fit that description – and who were adults in the time Tony would have been born in the 1960’s or whatever decade it was in Marvel's always-sliding timeline. Sure, Marvel could reveal that Nick Fury or Wolverine is Tony’s father, but they’re both M.I.A. – and both Nick Fury and Wolverine already had secret sons revealed. Steve Rogers could be his dad, but he’s already had one major shake-up lately, and that would just be a little too weird.

>And Marvel has made it clear they're revealing his mother first - "Tony Stark comes face-to-face with his biological mother," the publisher promises.

>So who is female, biologically old enough to theoretically give birth to Tony and would have some resonance with Marvel readers?

>Starting to gather where we're going with this?

>Yes, we’re talking about Natasha Romanoff, the Black Widow.

Would marvel have the balls?

we've been promised more of Ollie's chest

Marvel have done incest before, soo yeah they would.

That'd be *amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing*

>So part of Comics Twitter is having some kind of meltdown again about creators and critics
I also noticed the past couple days certain parts of Comics Twitter are still really pissy at Marvel for their lack of LGBT rep

Wiccan & Hulkling aren't in USAvengers and there aren't any homos on that shitty Deodato spread

Frontal and Back liked in grell days Just kidding

Words cannot express how much I want this to happen.

I forget, they've outlawed copyrighting genetic codes, right?

Marvel's not doing anything with most of their gays right now, so I can see being miffed that you're getting nothing, you know? Especially with how Alonso talks about things compared to Didio, who Simone mentioned yet again the other day as being supportive.

>how many people have just dreamed of doing this to Marvel civilians

I want it to happen so badly because fucking lol, but if it is an important character people are already attached to instead of a new character or obscure one, Peggy would be my first choice.

ILU Pat Mills

That's fucking stupid and exactly the kind of shit I'd expect from Bendis. Bet you dollars to donuts it's going to be an OC though.

But that was Ultimate Marvel.

oh yeah, they have every right to be annoyed

But I do enjoy watching the conflict of wanting to praise Marvel for stuff they do while still being really pissed that they're ignoring lgbt stuff

I think Wheeler is tearing himself apart twitter.com/Wheeler/status/748979943925841920

Couldn't have come at a worse time, with DC announcing a Midnighter and Apollo mini despite his solo selling like ass

Simone on twitter was praising Didio and trying to tell people he really does care about lgbt rep instead of just trying to get money out of it
IIRC Didio was one of the higher ups who was okay with Simone wanting to make Hippolyta or Phillipus married years ago

wew

Me desu

well how are you owls tonight?

Something that irks me a bit about Wheeler is that he always seems to write the things on CA about and advocating for female fandom, but he shows no real signs of being in the trenches and would probably run away screaming from the weirder completely all-lady places I know about. Let someone else write those bits, dude.

>Wiccan & Hulkling aren't in USAvengers and there aren't any homos on that shitty Deodato spread

Peter Parker isn't on there either, so we can safely assume there's more than just them.

Red Dog is turning out fun. Like, I think I may like him more than most incarnations of the Punisher, if only because there isn't any "oh yeah, and he never does any collateral damage ever" bs.

I listened to that recent podcast with Ostrander talking about stuff

apparently we have Geoff Johns to thank for Amanda Waller showing up in adaptations frequently

and he said Hexer Dusk was based off a dream Jan Duursema had

So his stuff doesn't come across as exploitative, but it does come across as patronizing when he thinks he's got the finger on the pulse of what 12-25 young women like.

this dual personality stuff is great

>Simone on twitter was praising Didio
I will be sad went Dan retired.

So many low selling books he keep alive

Firestorm
Blue Bette
Manhunter
Prez
Hex

Thank you based Johns

>well how are you owls tonight?
I had a half day of work and I have monday and tuesday off, I'm so fucking happy

>Something that irks me a bit about Wheeler is that he always seems to write the things on CA about and advocating for female fandom, but he shows no real signs of being in the trenches and would probably run away screaming from the weirder completely all-lady places I know about. Let someone else write those bits, dude.
I saw a critique of his comic Another Castle that basically boiled it down to it doesn't challenge anything about the way female characters are written, tends to stick to stereotypes, and is kind of bland overall

I mean yeah sure he made a comic but he's not putting his money where his mouth is

>well how are you owls tonight?
Getting Ready I leave the country tomorrow for vacation for one month I will miss you guys

This page makes me think of Dr. Strangelove.

Waller's old enough that Ostrander almost certainly gets royalties every time she shows up, like Dixon with Bane.

R.E.B.E.L.S.

Fuck, Public Eye isn't just for hire policing, it's SHITTY for hire policing.

Goddamn.
It's going to suck when that kind of law enforcement becomes reality

Yeah, he did say that he does get royalties whenever she's used

he also said when they brought him on for that SS one shot they said "we want a John Ostrander Suicide Squad issue"

We always get a piece of what Bane makes. We’ll see money from this movie. They have graphs and charts to figure out how much based on how many lines of dialogue he has and how much he’s in the movie and how much impact he has on the story… I still talk to Licensing at DC. They still e-mail me and talk to me on the phone. We’re copacetic there. I can’t say a bad word about DC there. They’re very diligent about following up on that front.

USAVENGERS!!!

>he said Hexer Dusk was based off a dream Jan Duursema had

That fits with some of the visuals.
I hope it gets a wide release when it comes out.
I ended up passing on the KS because I want my bought comics in Dead Tree, and shipping to Canada was like 25 bucks.

this reeks of $cientology

If you remember where, can you link? I glanced at the first issue and thought "This is doing nothing that a ton of YA hasn't done already, and better"

have fun!

hnnnnnnnnnng, yes we do.

Fuck yeah.

i wish i knew how to follow the various ______ twitters.

i don't have much hope in strong arguments tho. Criticism is weird, write about what you love and share it with people.

>have fun!
Thank you

Did Scientology even exist when this was coming out?

Any word as to why the mods deleted that first thread?

that plus stuff like that Rebirth roundtable comes off as some kind of bizarre reverse gatekeeping where they insist that new readers or female readers or gay readers can't or shouldn't like certain things

> "we want a John Ostrander Suicide Squad issue"

DCKOMICS 4EVER

Scientology's been around since the Fifties.

"When I work for DC, anything I create I get a piece of," said Wein. "Lucius Fox, for example, who was in the last trilogy of Batman movies played by Morgan Freeman, bought my new house. At Marvel, I did see a check off 'The Wolverine,' the current film. But as a rule I don't any of the ancillary money off of all of the toys and soaps and shampoos and skateboards and God knows what else that features the character."

Though Wolverine has appeared in six films, Wein was only paid for the latest one because of esoteric rules requiring the film to be named after the character, he said. The rules are strict enough that he wasn't paid for "X Men Origins: Wolverine."

"They sent me a not-unreasonable check for the latest one," he said.

When pressed on the amount, he only that it wouldn't be enough to pay for another house.

>If you remember where, can you link? I glanced at the first issue and thought "This is doing nothing that a ton of YA hasn't done already, and better"
I think it is this

bleedingcool.com/2016/03/04/two-opposing-reviews-of-another-castle-1-but-only-one-of-them-raps/

>It’s never clear if she’s meant to be a skilled warrior, or a petulant child. Neither the art nor writing provides any insight into the extent of her abilities. At best, it becomes clear that anytime someone says she can’t accomplish something, she does. But in between these moments, she shows poor judgement and a complete unwillingness to listen to any advice from wiser counsel. In short, she’s a white male comic book writer.

>Similarly, the dialogue is only remarkable for its lack of coherence. Every other character feels like a cheap stereotype, existing solely to provide a foil for Princess Misty’s intended feminist outlook. Most of the conversations read like these characters have never met her before, treating her outlook and attitude like a silly dalliance to be overcome.

>Another Castle feels like it was written for reviewers. Princess Misty is meant to be a feminist take on the captured princess trope, but the comic never lives up to its goals. Being headstrong and insistent isn’t the same thing as being feminist, and throughout the comic, she mistreats almost everyone around her.

$cientology dates from the 60s and before, user

There was a bit of a fluff some people had because the A. V. Club discussion of 'Smile' had one person who said "This is really not for me and I'm meh on some parts of it but I'm glad it exists and I can see where it's appealing", and come on, that's a very useful perspective at times.

Mills just keeps on making Public Eye more and more fucking useless.

It's getting to the point where I'm wondering how they have any clients at all. And why Jake would ever throw in with these fuckheads.

Yeah Scientology is oldish. Like started in the 50s. Was just super secretive until the internet let people spread the info on it's horrible evil

apparently people talking about how cap 2 couldn't have been made in a week were being called gatekeepers.....

>tfw when we're heading for a dystopian cyberpunk future but without the crazy technology
Someone's got to be insane enough to try to put a usb port in the back of their head, right?

oh yeah, Ostrander also said Khouri was a great editor

based DKhomics

>In short, she’s a white male comic book writer.
Oh fucking wow, that had to SMART.

>this reeks of $cientology

Or the Raliens or Heaven's Gate or any other Space Alien cult of which I'm sure there are more.

Or hell, 80s Televangelism, but for a 'secular' 'atheist' people.

>In short, she’s a white male comic book writer.

ice cold

>Fuck, Public Eye isn't just for hire policing, it's SHITTY for hire policing.

Who even BUYS this shit. A guy opens fire into a crowd, kills dozens of clients and they do fuck all.

Christ, they might as well saved themselves a few thousand creds and got what they paid for.

Not all that different from insurance plans.

twitter.com/TomKingTK/status/749014265982382080

King's cute as fuck when he covers his lack of hair desu

he and Geoff can be hat twins!

Oh good, he's rebuilding the pun file.

Surely Johns has a spare Hawkman hat for King to wear?

The A. V. Club review of the first issue of Another Castle had some extra burn from the reviewer in the comments, IIRC

>yfw Public Eye turns out to be an Insurance company that started a security package "elite service"

how are those ridiculous comics actually as fun as they are?

i just remember him on chris sims' podcast talking about it and it sounded real boring and like a weak version of Peach's story in Paper Mario.

>The History of KFC in the DC Universe is MUST reading

Okay, good job. That's worth a buy.

Those books have no right to be as amazing as they are.

>"At my KFC, the K stands for Krypton"

>IMPULSE ON THE FIRST PAGE

Okay, buy three copies, use two as the bread in a bacon sandwich.

I don't know, but I sure am glad they are

>how are those ridiculous comics actually as fun as they are?

Hilarious shilling has always been a part of comics, from Hostess Ads to all the way back to War Bonds.

>Colonel Lad

WELP

no shame in my legion game

The people involved are serious DC nerds, clearly

Hah! It's Tony Bedard!

Half of them are Bedard just fucking around. I love it.

>The people involved are serious DC nerds, clearly

History of the DC Universe UPC replacement cover blurb jokes!

HOW THE FUCK IS THIS A PRODUCT OF TONY BEDARD!?!

This is part of my problem with this weirdly political brand of comics "journalism," it portrays itself as speaking up for the marginalized but it clearly has no idea what those groups want - because you can't generalize about groups, and there's no actual polling data - so they project their own tastes onto whole groups, and claim to be speaking for those groups.

This is how you get bizarre generalizations like saying that cheesecake-style art turns off female readers, when there's plenty of reason to believe it actually appeals to girls (it depends on the art and the comic, of course, but girls love Betty and Veronica, older women buy Cosmopolitan, etc).

I think people feel that their own tastes are somehow more noble if they convince themselves they're speaking for a whole group (and it doesn't only happen on the left, for sure).

Ok that KFC comic confirmed Kingdom Come Flash is Wally and now I love it forever

I love the trope of "inscrutable superior beings are also total assholes who will hang you out to dry"

amazing

>Ok that KFC comic confirmed Kingdom Come Flash is Wally

That was confirmed ages ago when The Kingdom featured Iris West as Kid Flash.

Marie Javins, who edits the KFC comics, is also responsible for Section Eight and Dogwelder.

Clearly she is a god unto us.

Yeah but even then there are fucking limits.

How is Public Eye going to hold onto ANY customers if they're response to damn near everything is "Do fuck all."

Even if they have absolutely no official competition, treatment like this has got to have an effect on people, somebody's got to get the idea that it's just saner to arm themselves and either make deals to watch their neighbors back if they'll watch theirs.

I think she was also the first American editor to give Warren Ellis a job.

So Ewing keeps an Avengers book, at least. T-that's good, right?

THE PUNISHMENT ROOM

an annex to Jake's very own sex dungeon