Who is your favorite historical figure Sup Forums?

Who is your favorite historical figure Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans-Ulrich_Rudel
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enrico_Dandolo
youtube.com/watch?v=S0zGo122vMY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Leader of emus that defeated australian army

Pedro II

Pope Urban II

The shame never really washes off.

Nice

roman emperor trajan, or erwin rommel

Trajan was based as fuck. That faggot Hadrian should have never relinquished the land he won because those areas became hot-spots for rebellion.

the only historical figures you need =
boadicea, king arthur, alfred the great, the duke of wellington and winston churchill

>historical figures
>King Arthur

>king arthur didn't exist
lel

Whiteys BTFO
WE
WUZ
GENERALZ N SHEIT

>Hannibal Barkang

SO YOU SAYIN
*enslaves gauls*
WE WUZ
*circumvallates city*
CONQUERERZ?!?
SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIT

My father

Don't worry lad, you could easily still defeat turkey. Defeating emu may be a little far fetched, though.

Not a nazi or stormfag..

WAIT, WAIT
*commits adultery*
U BE SAYING
*causes a civil war*
WE WUZ KNAIGHTS!?!
*smacks lips, inhales deeply*
SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIIT

Sergei Prokofiev

>Churchill
Only good thing he did was gas the Indians.

Saul of Tarsus aka Saint Paul
The magnificent bastard figuratively AND literally created / made up Christianity to commit gorilla warfare on the Roman Empire who occupied his homeland. And here we are 2000 years later being biggest and cuckiest religion in the whole fucking world.

Timur.

I often wonder what the world would be like if Roman paganism was still the main religion.

Olga of Kiev was pretty based.

Vlad Tepes Dracula bane of turkroaches

tordenskjold

>Both ships were badly damaged after around 14 hours of fighting, when Wessel was running out of ammunition. He then sent an envoy to the English ship, cordially thanking the English for a good duel, and asked if he could borrow some of their ammunitions in order to continue the fight. His request was denied, and the captains drank to each other's health, before the ships dispersed.

Christianity is literally a Roman religion all the same, at least the Catholic incarnations.

The ancient Romans fucking hated the Christians m8

Augustus

t b h

>Best persian slayer
>saved Greece from invaders
>saved democracy
>kicked a dindu down a well

He should be king of Sup Forums

Adolf Hitler

Kebab Removal legacy

No, Christianity was to Rome what Islam is to Europe today.

>it was all real

> spartan democracy
You stupid fucking cunt. Read a book you pederast

Except he died and the Persians proceeded to sack Athens. Leonidas was brave but 300 misses a bit of the story at play.

how does that disprove what I said. Ancient Rome doesn't encompass the entire history of the Roman Empire

Latin is the official Church language, the Church was molded and adopted by the Roman state, nominally based in Rome, and 99% of all popes in history were Latins.

"Russia has only two loyal allies: the Army and the Navy"
Too bad that his son was a total failure of a tzar.

>Hans-Ulrich Rudel (2 July 1916 – 18 December 1982) was a Luftwaffe military aviator during World War II, a ground-attack pilot credited with the destruction of 519 tanks, as well as a number of ships. He also claimed 9 aerial victories, and the destruction of more than 800 vehicles of all types, over 150 artillery, anti-tank and anti-aircraft positions, 4 armored trains, and numerous bridges and supply lines.[Note 1] He flew 2,530 ground-attack missions exclusively on the Eastern Front, usually flying the Junkers Ju 87 "Stuka" dive bomber, and 430 missions flying the Focke-Wulf Fw 190.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans-Ulrich_Rudel

This man

Charles "the Hammer" Martel

Frederick the Great

Thermistocles

Leonidas

Without the Athenians the Spartans would have been slaughtered on the first day.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enrico_Dandolo

buttmad byzaboos incoming

King Charlemagne.

Nice 88 my friend.

This. Remove all Middle Eastern mystic religions.
VAE VICTIS
ROMA INVICTA
HAIL JUPITER MAXIMUS

Very much the same I feel. You'd just have the Temple to Jupiter Optimus Maximus instead of St. Peters in Vatican. And some Druidic or Teutonic offshoots who claimed Vestal Virgins were pretty much temple whores and who fled persecution to the Terra Nova Occidentalis to found the 13 Colonies of Kobol or some shit.

WILLY

John Moses Browning

There would be no Islam though, so there wouldn't be any current shitslamist chaos. Plus Rome may have never fallen, and perhaps they would have had an industrial revolution much sooner (they already had a working steam engine).
Really, unironically, makes you think.

>both sides of the argument are fedoras

why

>mass persecution of pagans
>forced conversions
>destruction&pillaging of the temples
>ensure that we have almost no knowledge of Paganism 2000 years on

How was Christianity not Islam lite? This is the same shit that ISIS is doing RIGHT NOW to Christians in the Middle East.

Also reminder that Julian rekt the Christians so hard that they burned all his works and descredit him to this day even though he was a brilliant Emperor.

Last time you pissed off the ANZACs, they came all the way and ripped your Empire into pieces.

Miss the Empire days, huh Pasha?

They're all anti-Christian

Is it lame if I say Alexander or Napoleon?

Of course not, is it lame that I said Caesar?

desu

Christianity incorporated many elements of traditional European pagan religions. It was highly syncretic. Islam is not syncretic.

It's not fair to say that because one Roman emperor persecuted Christians that traditional Roman values and virtues are incompatible with Christianity, especially when you consider the legions of extremely zealous Christian Roman emperors that would follow.

easy

All those who once removed Kebab are worthy historical figure.

>It's not fair to say that because one Roman emperor persecuted Christians that traditional Roman values and virtues are incompatible with Christianity, especially when you consider the legions of extremely zealous Christian Roman emperors that would follow.

I didn't say that. I just mentioned that Julian was found to be so irrefutable in his rejection of Christianity that the Chuch had his works destroyed. Many Emperors persecuted the Christians, including Marcus Aurelius. Christianities spread in the Empire did come down from the top with Constantine, but this doesn't mean it was right. The Romans generally did find Christianity to be incompatible with Roman values. Christianity borrows heavily from Stoicism yet the most famous Stoic (Aurelius) completely rejected Christianity.

>Christianity incorporated many elements of traditional European pagan religions. It was highly syncretic. Islam is not syncretic.

Which is why I labelled it Islam lite.

>mass persecution of pagans
>forced conversions
>destruction&pillaging of the temples
>ensure that we have almost no knowledge of Paganism 2000 years on

This all still happened, just as ISIS is doing it today.

Poster child for Africa wasn't even ruined by blacks, it was ruined by few specific blacks and the west backing them to cover up their own racial issues.
The average black in white lead Rhodesia was productive, educated, and living a nice life
The average black in Zimbabwe is homeless, jobless, and dying of starvation

CÆSER was based

Godfried van Bouillon , the first king of Jerusalem

Just because certain behaviors are also done by muslim people doesn't make them necessarily wrong. It is simply not possible to have multiple religions in your society without creating strife; to allow pagan elements to coexist alongside Christian ones would surely lead to fracturing of the realm, so forced conversions, destruction of temples, and persecution are justifiable and many of these same acts were also committed against Christian minorities.

I don't assume that you would suggest that we should stop drinking water because muslims drink water either.

Most all knowledge we have about pagans today, particularly the Germanic variety, comes ironically from Christian authors because most non-Latin pagans were illiterate and therefore unable to leave records until their forced Christianization.

Consider that Rome thrived for a thousand years beyond the collapse of the empire in the west not in spite of Christianity, but perhaps because of it.

Fucking normies xD mods ban these underage faggetz

Admiral Fyodor Ushakov. 43 naval battles fought and won, not a single ship lost.

Joseph Pilsudski, Soviet Remover

>Just because certain behaviors are also done by muslim people doesn't make them necessarily wrong. It is simply not possible to have multiple religions in your society without creating strife; to allow pagan elements to coexist alongside Christian ones would surely lead to fracturing of the realm, so forced conversions, destruction of temples, and persecution are justifiable and many of these same acts were also committed against Christian minorities.

My initial premise was that Christianity was to Rome what Islam is to Europe today, you seem to more or less confirm this right here.

>I don't assume that you would suggest that we should stop drinking water because muslims drink water either.

Not an argument, didn't say anything about whether or not people should be Christians.

>Most all knowledge we have about pagans today, particularly the Germanic variety, comes ironically from Christian authors because most non-Latin pagans were illiterate and therefore unable to leave records until their forced Christianization.

>what were the Roman Archives
>what were the Public Libraries
>who was Tacitus
>who was Seutonius

Etc etc, as it happens the Romans recorded a lot and some of what survives is a guide on Paganis. Even if the Christians preserved some works, they destroyed as much as possible, it was Church policy.

>Consider that Rome thrived for a thousand years beyond the collapse of the empire in the west not in spite of Christianity, but perhaps because of it.

Perhaps, but the Byzantines weren't exactly Roman, Greek was the main language in that region even at the height of the Empire in spite of laws requiring Latin. It remained distinctly non-roman despite spending centuries ruled by Rome.

>Ushakov
triggered

How the fuck do you manage that?
No matter how good you are, thats just insane.

Diogenes.

three posts but i dont care i forgot marcus aurelius.

Vlad the impaler

Churchil was a war mongering psychopath who only did the rothschilds bidding.
Fuck him. As funny and bantzy as he was, he was one of the worst historical figures possible.

Stalin. Not many world leaders start out as bank robbing fugitives.

Napoleon, Michael Collins, Peter the Great, Caesar, Augustus, there are just too many

hmm though one.
That be possibly the goyim in the picture here, this be Eigill Skallagrimson, basically a real lyfu hulk back in the days, but also a great poets amongst other things.

Or it would be King Harald Hardråde
(We always celebrate how our Kings die, as it's important to note if they got to Valhall and if they had mans courage)

As you can see from the picture, Eigill ha a condition that made his skull grown thick, he lit took axe blows to it, only to see the enemy piss in their pants and run like fucking arabs/little girls.

youtube.com/watch?v=S0zGo122vMY

Olav Trygvason was prutty badass, even though he was a "christian" asshole. mah many I could list you forever here

Simo Häyhä

505 confirmed sniper kills in fewer than 100 days using iron sights

soviets called in an airstrike just for him

survives being hit with an explosive bullet to the face

lives untill 2002 outliving the USSR and dying at 96

Marcus Tullius Cicero

He was damn based
>But how many did he stab?
Nobody knows, that's impossible to tell for any Finn as they start at 3 or something
>DATS MY TOY
NO
>STABB

Magnus Bare feet

oh my God just as I forgot about this

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH FUCKING REVISIONISTS RUIN EVERYTHING

Lt. Nielands

>When General Krebs went to surrender the Berlin garrison early on the morning of 1 May 1945, he took with him the Latvian ,Waffen-Obersturmführer (1st Lt.) Nielands as an interpreter. After performing his duty, Nielands returned to the command of his 80 man company from the 15th SS Recce Battalion. For the Latvians there would be no surrender-they asked for no quarter from the Soviets and they gave none themselves. In the ruins of the Air Ministry building the Latvian SS troops made their last stand. In hand-to-hand combat they fought to the death.

GOD DAMNIT PEKKA CUT IT OUT!

That's the fucking last stabbing this night! God damnit use your fist! 3 tyums.. you could have just asked me to pass the koskenkorva you damn swede! *stab*

also Žanis Butkus lived till 1999 to see a free Latvia again

>In August 1943 on the Wolchov Front, the Latvian Sergeant Zanis Butkus led a storm troop into the enemy lines and proceeded to capture a string of communist bunkers without loss. He returned to the German lines with many prisoners and much booty. Butkus was given an officer's commission on the spot. Later, after taking part in 59 close combat engagements, Butkus was awarded the Knight's Cross

>Islam is not syncretic
You seems to have bought into the myths the mohamedeans propagate about themselves. The reality is that Islam is an amalgam of Zoroastrian, Mazdakian, Jewish and Christian elements, with a smattering of pagan Arabian influences.

Christianity is what destroyed the Eastern Roman Empire in the end. Byzantium was indisputably the wall between Europe and the foul barbarian hordes of the middle east, but did western Europe shore it up in its time of need? No, Catholic Crusaders sacked it and permanently crippled it because they didn't practice the same form of Christianity that they did. The Crusader sack of Constantinople was an atrocity and all the proof that anyone needs that Christianity is the bulwark against Islam that some think it is.

Camillo Benso
i need a navy seal copypasta version of this