RWBY, A retarded Timeskip

So apparently Volume 4 comes out October 4 and pretty much what everything that has been shown is point to fact that there is a time skip of minimum a year.
Great, just fucking great.

Other urls found in this thread:

pyrexia.tumblr.com/post/146784671006/so-if-anyone-wants-to-watch-the-trailer-thingy
youtube.com/watch?v=P7-Zr91kx98
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Long haired nora and Ren

Muh dick

Didn't see these posted so just in case no ones seen them, here's the new looks for RWBY.

Timeskip sounds great, puts us further away from anime high school and gives more weight to the end of S3, since the gang won't reunite right away. Agreed that a full year might be a bit much, though.

For some reason I'm getting a Bleach feel from this look. Might be the coat.

>ZR

>Dat everything

Beautiful

Where did her dick go?

This is the home look for Yang. So I'm guessing she;ll get a battle look later in the season.

And here's part of the trailer. Not a great camera recording, but you can tell the animation has gotten much better. Or at least the facial animation.
pyrexia.tumblr.com/post/146784671006/so-if-anyone-wants-to-watch-the-trailer-thingy

BOSS

Coming Oct 22

>no robot arm cannon

they'd better be saving this for a reveal

Punished Yang
A Huntress Robbed of her Puns

I think timeskips can be done well. It's helpful when you've got a cast of young characters and you want to age them a bit so you don't have age-relative issues compressed in weird ways. Besides, their whole country collapsed and they barely even know why or how. A year of searching and researching isn't too crazy of a timeframe.

>Zettai Ryouiki Rubes

Heres a new grim

>Yang hasn't replaced the arm yet
>everbody just got longer hair instead of different styles or cutting it shorter
>nobody is barefoot
>Blake doesn't have a bulge

>tfw Monty dying once again proves to be the best thing for RWBY quality-wise

Better Ruby image

Yang not replacing the arm is a great sign, means we might continue to get actual character development.

Everyone but Rubes is 18 now at a minimum, right? Hopefully they continue towards making them actual adults instead of stereotypical anime highschoolers.

> yfw it is a 3 year time skip

>bumblebee on pants

Kek

Most women behave like high schoolers until they're around 30.

They've gone from kawaii uguu highschool shit to DA EDGE AND SUFFERING really quickly.

I was hoping for fun adventures with Ruby and gang, but I guess with the time skip they are skipping that?? Hope the time skip isn't 3 years as rumored.

Its a real damn shame the show doesn't actually look this nice.

Watching the new trailer, its a lot closer to these pics then it would have been last year.

Dat Nora and Ruby though. But yeah: I'm not entirely sure how I feel about a time skip for this, especially so early in the shows history.

>There wasn't a small timeskip of an entire semester between season 1 and 2

But maybe if they get all the hacky cliches out of the way now the show can be good later on.

>there weren't timeskips of several days between episodes

True, I guess that's an alternate way of looking at it. I think I'm just worried because, generally in any show where there's a timeskip, the quality of it does decline. Not saying RWBY has much of that to start with, but still.

>A few days is equivalent to almost 4 months of development

any one got ideas of what the plot is going to be like for the 4th volume?

It is because there wasn't any development in those for months. Everything was just where it was when we left off. As opposed to this hot sexy new timeskip where the characters have clearly gone through significant changes and there's a new status quo.

I would rather watch them change then start off with them already changed, but that's just personal preference.

The plot actually progressing.

Ruby's Bizarre Adevnture
Weiss dealing with family and business issues back in Atlas
Blake being on the run from Adam
Yang turning into Miller from MGS5

I don't know a timeskip may be another cliche but it makes sense, unless you wanted a half season of moping.

Episode two will be all about Yang and her addiction to pills

Well yeah having stories with actual character development is always preferable. But too bad you're getting a timeskip.

Running Man has the best design.

if im going to guess for the main four

weiss while back in atlas becomes suspicious of someone working there who may be behind the black queens virus.

blake to prevent what happened at vale will shadow the white fang in order to find out who is calling the shots a prevent what happened at vale.

yang will learn to fight in her condition and either she ill seek out her mom or her mom will come to her.

ruby will be attempting to catch up with cinder.

the four working from the outside in unwinding the web of conspiracy.

Thick thighs, whelp i guess its "me" time

i keked at ruby's bizarre adventure i can she her appearance in the show being lighthearted while the others take a "darker" turn.

them leaving the school setting is the best thing that could of happened to the show. I just hope we don't trade one school for another.

I admit I am a little worried about the reported time-skip. Seems like it could have made for meaningful and interesting character driven stories (rather than even driven stories).

It seems likely that they are doing it for arc purposes, though.

The reveal of the the black and white lady at the end of season 3 doesn't work well thematically to then immediately ignore for a whole or even half season of mini-arcs developing the characters.

They really want to start the "big-bad" arc, which is just a shame. Could have been great story telling.

The point of the hero's journey is the journey and transformation into a hero, the end is there to justify the means not the other way around.

>jaune looks exactly the same
I sure hope Pyrrha's death actually managed to affect him somehow. If he goes back to being completely incompetent after all that shit I swear to god.

Oh dear god, that sounds horrifying.

Q U A D S

i think we will got our hero's journey with ruby, but it will probably brief and under cooked.
i know i pray im wrong.

Agreed. Way back when the character trailers first aired, I thought this was gonna be some kind of fairy tale Samurai Jack shit with waifus. I was severely disappointed when we got a dime store Soul Eater.

That's a meme-length time skip. Very bad idea.

It will be less than a year.

Me too, HP. Me too.

This.

that parallels to Naruto and soul eater and getting more prominent each and every episode.

Well said friendo. I've always gotten the feeling they were more interested in plot than character anyway. I doubt they're gonna sideline the story for character arcs now. We'll probably just get more villainous keikakus and wtf moments.

I was considering checking out RWBY. Should I not if I require more than waifus to enjoy a show?

i agree i feel that stuff is written in but ends up on the cutting room floor after being animated and edited.

You're here on Sup Forums, so I'm going to say you'll be fine.

Its ok.
Waifu material is great but show could be better.

its a quick watch you can basically burn through a season in less than 3 hours. do you think we will see a steady increase in episode length times this volume. they have been creeping up steadily each volume.

im easy to please ive got me a brown waifu and a few others.

Show could be better, but it is still enjoyable nonetheless.

It's sort of a cringey spectacle. Its entertaining in that fashion.

Nah, you're either here for waifus, greentext fanfiction, or to shitpost.
The show is poorly animated, poorly acted, and poorly thought out. There is nothing here of substance to an average cartoon enjoying user.
But it's better than watching SU at least.

Is it just me, or does the new Maya stuff they're using look a little weird?

probably a combo of cam rip plus i bet thats still early development footage.

Could just be since they're using a new animation system. Either the assets don't quite translate over correctly, or they had to make new ones that still need polishing.

any one have grabs of what was teased of the show and it looks different. not in a bad way though.

Sadly, no. I found that one on Tumblr, and haven't had the chance to do more due to helping out with the polling booths today.

where at?

>right arm

possibly the best change in the animation software switch is that we will have much better hands.

Due to having shading painted onto the model textures, the hands looked terrible all the time, unless balled up into fists. Now that they are actually using shading, instead of cheating it, we will have shaded hands that will look great.

The shading will take a while to get used to, but it is definitely the right direction... Although the animations do look a little poor at points of the fight scenes (everything outside of the fights looks much better) but I guess that is expected as monty, shane & dillon are gone.

Fuck, don't remind me.

how long do you think they will hold out the volume 4 teaser from us.

I'd Give it a week

Melbourne

might just be me but i don't think that rwby works with dynamic lighting and that the new style is too much of a departure from Rwby and it has me scared for its future

As someone who thinks Volumes 1-3 are pretty much terrible, the high quality of Camp Camp and Day 5 mixed with the better animation in the trailer have me cautiously optimistic for the future. Now maybe if we can get some actual character development going, we'll be golden.

Watch, it will be probably the same.

Probably, but the writing in those other two shows is good, so I can dream.

I hope so too.
I just don't expect much yet.
I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

That fact that shows like Naruto served as the basis for this show kinda makes it more of a reality if you think about it.

For sponsers-oh, I mean Firsties...Firsters?, hopefully only a few days.

no designs for Jaune, Ren and Nora?

going full on sasuke with not replacing the missing arm?

Maybe tomorrow, sense they might want to have a few new things to show. Though on the other hand it would be nice to have something to look forward too.

Well, the only people shown to be able to replace missing limbs so far, are Atlas, and Yang isn't exactly super close to anyone from there. Hell, Qrow being her uncle may also be a point against her.

Nah, she gets a Seres type arm.

Seto Kaiba would be proud.

Im glad I'm not the only one who thought this.

youtube.com/watch?v=P7-Zr91kx98

I assume getting a replacement arm will be the point where she gets out of her depressed slump near the end of volume 4 or so.

>IT"S SUMMER

Gets me everytime

>timeskip.
I can't tell if rwby is trying to hard to be a generic anime, or if it's trying to hard to be harry potter.

Unless they completely change her fighting style (which would change a major aspect of her character) or remove her as part of the show's action then she’s going to get something. Maybe not right away or fully functional at first but she’ll get SOMETHING. True they may her expand her style to incorporate kicks but I suspect they’ll still be more power focused and strait forward if they do. If they kept the arm off it would turn her into a very stylized and disciplined kung fu type, and that would be too much of dynamic shift (Plus we already have Ren for that). They’re just saving it for a cool reveal or volume 5 or something.

>Isn't exactly super close to anyone from Atlas
Oh yeah totally, I mean who’s Weiss right?
>Qrow a point against her
Granted that Qrow and Ironwood don’t like each other but still respect each other enough as comrades and neither Ironwood nor even Winter seem the type to hold someone relations against them. And considering the crap that went down, it doubtful he still believes her attacking Merc was just a stress hallucination anymore.

>When your waifu is mutilated

Taking into account that s3 revealed that 2 previously introduced characters had robotic limbs all along (and that they exist in Remnant), the most likely answer is that she'll get one late S4 or early S5.

If they had timeskiped and just gave her the arm she would just be Yangsty but fully functional and it would be difficult getting out of that. So getting the arm might be an important step in her character development.

I just hope that they don't exaggerate on the yangst and make her annoying instead of justifyingly edgy, so we get Yang 2.0 and not Adam 0.5.

I kinda want an edgy Yang. Threatening people with puns, hanging out with Jr. and the twins like some mob boss.