Preach

i want to thank seth rogen's terrible tv adaptation for helping me discover this genius comic.

It's a surprisingly good comic. I thought I was just experiencing angry teenager nostalgia, but thanks to the storytime a month ago, I found that it really does hold up.

It sucks after Jesse falls out of the plane.

yep unlike a lot of other late 90s stuff that is just cringe. what else is this good from that era?

muh meat doll

Most Garth Ennis shit?
As long as you don't dismiss his brand of writing, it will always feel timeless. That's what I find. And not to dismiss people that hate his shit. That's fine. I just really love his shit.

Major Bummer. Maybe .5% of Sup Forums knows about it, though.

The fuck? Sup Forums loves preacher. Is this your first day here?

Are you trolling or have you never heard of Major Bummer?

Uhhh someone misread.

I misread, but I've also never heard of it.

I feel like the world just wasn't ready for Major Bummer yet

Superboy
Impulse
Young Justice
best Green Lantern
Shade, The Changing Man
Books of Magic
Enigma
Animal Man
Human Target
American Flagg!
Starman
Hourman
Busiek's Avengers
Avengers Forever
David's The Last Avengers Story
New Warriors
Captain Harlock
Promethea

It's not terrible, but the slow pace ruins it. But hey, the glacial pacing works for The Walking Dead and the Ice and Fire books, so why not take a 66 issue comic and turn it into a 10 season monstrosity? Retards eat it up, thinking it's brilliant TV, and more comics get adapted into shitty versions of themselves. Just another day in Paradise.

Shit, I guess I ruined my "it's not terrible" argument.

There was a bunch of great comics in the 90's. Mostly Marvel, Image and done smaller companies sucked back then.

The adaptation does show off the power of comics, that is certain. In live action, you can't go on nation spanning road trips anymore; too expensive.

Eh, it was short and sweet, I don't know if they had anywhere else to take it, really.

Would be ripe for a film adaptation though

the show is horrible the preacher the comic is great everyone calls him preacher in the show cassidy doesnt have super strength and tulip is a black thanks seth rogen

>American Flagg
>90s

>yep unlike a lot of other late 90s stuff that is just cringe.
>what else is this good from that era?
This is what I don't really get.
How can you say a lot of it is cringe if you don't know the era? I see this all the time with 90s comics.
How did this meme start?

Because people post pictures of edgy 90s character and bad costume redesigns from the era.

>Major Bummer. Maybe .5% of Sup Forums knows about it
>Are you trolling or have you never heard of Major Bummer?
kek