At what point you realize that your homeland will be a shithole forever?

>At what point you realize that your homeland will be a shithole forever?

Me: 14 y/o

14-15

it's Russia that bad? for real? i don't think that you face the same bullshit like El Salvador or Brazil

11years ago but it turned out I was wrong. Unironically will be a superpower 2030

16ish I think

around 20

>peru being pessimistic
no
what happened to trying you best?

15 years old

15 or so

Never

The place I lived in was really nice when I was a kid, so I was more optimistic about the future. After the recession it went to shit. Dirty, lots of abandoned buildings, homeless everywhere. It's looking like Mexico except the vagrants are more diverse and they mostly loiter instead of trying to sell you shit. It hit me around 2013 when I was 21.

Sometimes, even trying your best is not enough.

I'm not that fag
I mean he's a pretty cool guy sometimes but I'm not him

17yo

El Salvador is down there with Haiti

at like 7-8 years

The first time I visited Kouvola. So maybe 10-12

Yeah, that recession really screwed me p. I have a feeling that another one is going to hit us soon and that recovery won't be easy.

>p

*up
I need to stop phoneposting.

i always knew

Around 20 I guess. It makes me sad because I really want to love Russia, it would be an honorable thing to do. But Russia keeps fucking up so bad that my opinion of her is lukewarm at best.

Never. This will be the Romanian century.

the place I grew up - never
the country - prolly 17 or 18

When I was 10.

honestly, when i was about 19

>the place I grew up - never
I felt the same way until it got flooded with heroin. Anything can happen.

Yeah, the opportunities available to our parents vanished with the recession. I also think it's just gonna get worse. Wages are too low, houses are too expensive. We're in for another crash. The Jews can't prop up this system forever.

don't remember but probably around that age

people think aus is first world, and it is, for now
but younger generation is extremely fucked - there really is no point in staying, and its going to get pretty bad real soon

Can you elaborate on that?

elaborate please

I'm wondering what's going to do it. don't kniw what will cause it, but I think student loans will send it into a full blown crisis.

never, i have hopes it will improve, but as long as it remains like that, i'll stay over here

I'm getting the impression that absolutely every person here sincerely believes their country is a shithole.

doubt. vast mojority of people from actual shitholes (yes, russia incuded) do think so. but only a few people from developed nations consider their country a shithole

I think it's a matter of comparison, really. If you were born in Russia and then went to Norway, you'd be like "Wow, it's so much better here, not a shithole at all". But if you were born in Norway and didn't have anything to compare it to, you may legit think that the country is a fucking mess. Because even in the most 1st-worldish countries people still have troubles and problems and shit.

Skilled immigration
As a uni grad from unsw (its basically the best for most things here, think if it as an ivy league, probably on par with stanford or something) the best you can hope for is making 45k USD. that might sound like a lot but its really piss all considering the prices of things here.
on top of that the chances of actually getting a salaried job arent great, most degrees have something like a 50-60% full time employment rate 1 year after graduation.
Shitty laws that let property owners prevent construction of apartment buildings - there's actually a lot of reasons why property market is really fucked but its mostly that 51% of the country wants to hold prices high and for plenty of reasons but for young people its extremely bad.

everything is expensive, and you actually pay a fair bit in tax too even thought you earn shit all. rent is skyhigh, cost of living in general is huge so after paying all of that out of your meager 45k usd, you're left with barely anything.
So, how do you save up to move into the property market? You just cant. and considering how high rent is, this is actually a very big issue.

TL:DR
compensation for skilled work is low and stagnant. price of living is high and plenty of people want to keep it that way.

Can you please give some prices of common things? Like food, rent, transportation, stuff like that. I'm just curious is all.

I study in Canberra. Food is ridiculously expensive. You can't really spend less than AUD10 on a meal unless you're being very frugal. Rent is mixed, depending on where you are. Canberra is alright, mostly around AUD200 - AUD300 per week. Transport is also reasonably priced, though most of the time one would prefer walking as Canberra is planned in amsuch a way that's easy to get around by feet.

Australia sounds bogus as hell. Lack of jobs, overpriced housing, and the government wants to bring more people in?

Rent is about $400 aud a week for two room apartment in Sydney suburbs, $700 in or near the city. Single train ride to the next station is $2.50. A bottle of 600ml coke is $4, loaf of bread is $4-5, a sandwich from the local shops can cost from $8-$15. Sydney is overrated, will move to Brisbane if I have the chance.

Rent - 200 for a room in a sharehouse (150 if you're okay with a dirty squalor)
1 bedroom apartments are around 500 a plus
(these prices are per week btw)

Eating out is expensive. Eating in is expensive too but not so much

like malaysian user said, $10 is as cheap as you'll get a proper meal. if you want something that isnt the cheapest you can find most plates of food probably 15+

(note this is for Sydney though)

Transport? Im not sure im a student but I pay something like $5 a day but it caps out eventually

We still have "anonymous" political donations so you can kind get that almost everything is tailored to be good for big business.
The way property is going, we're going to end up with a land owning class and "entering" the property market will just be impossible if you come from a non-land owning families
Also all of this is makes having only 1 kid an attractive choice.

what makes you think you wont eventually see the same problems in brisbane? laws regarding immigration and property that led to this mess are mostly the same. it will only take so long before this whole thing repeats over there

I am a bobotante Tangalogista Peenoise pridist. I immigrated here so I could linguicide your language.

rromani-a is a shithole noncountry and it always will be you deluded gyppoo

Same here my fellow future Chinese colony.

This makes me sad to read because in reality it is looking at the situation in a better light than it is. The various different times I hear/read/watch about Americans decrying some government corruption or corporation threatening to potentially fuck over one of their services, it makes me want to point to Australia and let them know that this here is kind of like what would happen to America if their fears were realised, a few times over.
This country has to be one of the most corrupt modern/western nations on the planet yet maybe it is due to the relative isolation but no one looks towards Australia as a land of crippling corruption in all major sectors of society. Without our resource boom of the earlier decades providing a false sense of momentum and generating foreign investment appeal, the cracks would really start to become visible to those abroad.
They will begin to show, though, as user insinuated. We are in full swing switching over to a service economy and the boomers will have largely died off by the time the shit hits the fan but our massive lack of willingness to invest and prepare for the reality of a post-resource based economy is going to come crashing down on my and generation of the children I will never have, leading to another drop in wealth, well being and living conditions for the future generation. Something that is not supposed to happen in a rich nation.

Fucking boomers sold this country down the river.

Russia is a big country so we have everything (including tigers) first, second and even third world places.
Life in Moscow and Saint Petersburg is nice and European level. Somewhere in Urals it's tough but fair second world. And North Caucasus, Altai, some parts of Siberia it's third world literally.

Same age, 14-15.

Dubs confirm.

I haven't reached that point

at birth
centuries of bulgarian history and foreign oppression are encoded into genetic memory of each baby
bulgarian population decline is because most newborns choose to hang self with umbilical cord
it is an instinct to preserve sanity

When Bush was reelected when I was 12

Same, more or less.
It wasn't a shithole untill the last few years. I really got the feeling things would improve til 2013. Since then you can feel a rapid decline.
More drug addicts, more beggars, more dirt in the streets, the problem you all know about etc.. Old people collect bottles to get by, while the politicians act like it's all great, because the economy is good, but everyone knows that only few really profit from it. The kids don't speak proper german anymore, eventhoughs who go to the gymnasium, because they stick the abitur up everyones ass, so you need to study to get a somewhat decent job.

when we elected a terrorist for president

When i was 12 I guess ( Serbo-croatian originally)

-1, when my soul was floating to the aether and decided it would inhabit the body of a random Chinese person because of all the sins it committed in the past.

Currently studying in the Netherlands so that's pretty good.

I hate being chinese, we really are the niggers of asia (aside from SEA monkeys lol)

SEA monkeys are unironically the niggers of Africa. They're to East Asians what Arabs are to whites.

never

This. Housing prices in big cities are godawful, wage growth is almost non existent since the 90s I think and economic times are... not so great. Not to mention our fucked education system and growing inequality.

Chink user from here, pretty much every country is in the shitter in one way or another. People like to think that China will be the next big thing, but the PRC has a shitload of its own demographic and cultural issues that will eventually bite us hard. It feels like there is a global apocalypse about to happen.

When I walk through the streets of any town and see the mournful faces all the people.
Nobody smiles here. Not children, couples, not anyone. We all look like the doctor just told us we have lymphoma.
Makes me think southern euros have a point when they say Scandinavians have no soul.

The boomer generation really has doomed us all
literally every problem traces back to them

I don't

5 minutes into my birth

According to studies, in 2050 Brazil will have the quality of life that the EU had in 2005. The future is coming lads.

lmfao they actually build the same shit in japan nowadays

16, when robbers invaded my house and threatened to kill my whole family and kidnap me.

Thank God now, almost 10 years later, I'll leave this shithole.

where are you heading?

We're full

>inb4 superpower by 2030

just letting you know we are full

Are you going back to the Jungle?

China, I'll do my masters there and learn mandarin. At least I'll be safe there.

>China
>Safe

Go to Singapore or something

see ya in a rekt thread

haha, nice yes

Even Syria is safer than Brazil, my dude.

At least I'm not going to western Europe, if that's what makes you scared.

I'm aware of the fact that China is a ""shithole"", but my expectations are low. The only thing I ask for is that the violence and crime rate is considerably lower than Brazil. My expectations are low.

Everything else is a bonus.

what did you graduate in where the max is 45k usd lol

are you just talking starting salary? because staying in the job and getting a raise is a thing

Forevermore that is.
Everytime I walk past a group of kids and 1/3 are niglets.

That looks depressing, Tunisianon.

those buildings look unironically japanese

I still have a hope

Nah. Chinese people are more like the Jews of Asia seeing how most Chinese are buisness-centric.

Lol, that looks like something I could make in SketchUp in 2 minutes.

The point is that the houses are good while the road is still not paved.

last year

look at the bright part
you could end up like us where unpaved roads are better than paved ones

>he doesn't love his country
>he doesn't actively fight and defend his country
No, my tovarăș. YOU, are the gyppo and you are making this country as bad as it is.