Homestuck

Was this the worst fucking part of the comic?

Name a worse scene than this.

Other urls found in this thread:

coolandnewwebcomic.bandcamp.com/album/cool-and-new-web-comic-voulem-1
desuarchive.org/co/search/text/homestuck/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

these dad scene

The last part of Homestuck was weird. It felt like it wasn't canon, as if it was some kind of non-official fanfiction. It doesn't help that it was almost entirely outsourced.

Official merchandising trying to sell that Vriska is part of the Meteor Crew, or that Davekat is the most important ship in the comic, doesn't feel genuine at all.

Hussie was killed and replaced by an body snatcher-esqe alien 5 months ago.

More like when act 6 started.

>When your character gets ruined so hard that you don't even know what you're looking at anymore.

Maybe that's when the alien started taking effect, he's still himself just slowly being corrupted and killed.

there were cool parts in act 6
they were just...misguided

It wasn't all bad, but the downward spiral really started with the introduction of Boring Girl John, Boring John, Sociopath Dave and... Roxy.

Boring Girl John, Yaoi Fuckboi John, Sociopath Dave, and Party McBroad.

Wow this is so true.

>It doesn't help that it was almost entirely outsourced.
I was really hoping that Act 7 would be mostly Hussie's work

sadly I was wrong

It was really odd.

Wait, wait, I think I get why Roxy is called the Rogue of Void now. No, wait, I lost it.

honestly only jane and dirk's classpect makes sense to me
dirk is clearly a prince and jane is clearly a maid...but jake and roxy's seems strange

Even Jake's makes sense. Roxy's one is just baffling.

>Name a worse scene than this.
vriska_cures_roses_alcoholism.jpg

fuck Vriskagram

Will davekat be canon in CANWC?

Really it was probably more Kanaya. The dumb part is that without Vriska there it takes her a whole year to realize Rose's drinking is a problem.

I like the alpha kids and I think they deserved to be treated like protagonists. Roxy being the only one treated as such makes it even worse.

you gotta be kidding. alcohol = void and she 'steals herself' out of it for allies. she sneaks around in the dark giving carapaces pumpkins. the alpha session itself is literally a story of something being taken from irrelevance to help others. shes the rogue of void in multiple ways before her powers manifest at all.

>consuming media by an author who literally told you he enjoys causing distress for his fanbase
The only thing's to blame for your suffering is your own stupidity.

I know the later points. But the first ones....... >alcohol = void and she 'steals herself' out of it for allies.

What?????????
I don't really see her personally/metanarrative being the Rogue of Void. Doesn't match up, I don't think.

if you cant see how alcohol ties into the concept of void i dunno how to argue with you. its not exactly a tenuous link.

I do, I mean kind of, but it still seems iffy and she gets over that relatively easily.

well if the role of a rogue of void is to take things from [the void] for the sake of others, getting over alcoholism for ones friends seems like a natural part of that. even if it was a little easy for her.

I thought the original meaning of Rogue was one who steals from people to give to others.

its repeatedly made clear that roxy steals from the void itself, rather than from others. thats why she has the kind of fucking broken make-anything-appear powers, shes subtracting the negative

So did they retroactively change Rogue or is Roxy a special snowflake? How does this tie into personal/narrative stuff?

rogue wasnt even a thing before roxy, shes the only rogue we know anything about, what do you mean 'retroactively change'

Nepeta was the Rogue of Heart.

i was aware of that when i typed my post. we didnt learn a single thing about nepetas role or classpect until fucking davepeta.

I think Hussie missed the obvious chance to contrast Vriska with Roxy, who are by their classpects literal opposites

But there were theories developed around her. Nepeta's Rogue doesn't really much up with Roxy's Rogue I don't think.

literally any theory about nepetas classpect is fanon. roxys got tons of canon stuff relating to hers. if theres contradictions its obviously the fanon which is wrong jesus christ.

OK, but with Roxy's new information, can you connect that to Nepeta?

homestuck is like star wars

Acts 1-5 is the original trilogy obv

mid act 6 is like the prequels. yeah it starts to get shitty and convoluted but they still have the charm and soul of george Lucas

The shots are filled to the brim with so much shit it was fun to relook at and see what stuff is hidden away

late act 6 when hussie started outsourcing felt like episode 7

It may look better at points, but a lot of the soul is gone. The scenes are sterile and clean with little to speculate or really look at.

Both are kinda bad, but at least the former was FUN
which was made most of act 6 still enjoyable for me, even if it was a clusterfuck.

Except the prequels are hot garbage and episode 7 is just kind of eeeehhhh

Everyone here says Hivebent is whet the comic went wrong, but if you look past the trolls being bisexual sluts the character drama in it is pretty great. Act 5 Vriska is UNIRONICALLY my favorite in fiction

Act 6 fuckkng ruined her though. She should NEVER be more of a help than a dangerous liability

Plenty of people here like Act 5, but Hivebent is undeniably a huge slog

>last thread deleted
>archives down
This is true hell. Just move to /trash/ already.

>post pic of ara
>go to bed hoping to see more ara pics
>wake up
>thread deleted
Nooooooooooooo

so what was your favorite track?

coolandnewwebcomic.bandcamp.com/album/cool-and-new-web-comic-voulem-1

>Showtime
>Medical Emergency
>WSW Beatdown
>Sunslammer

a colour this shirt also comes in

AG: What are you doing????????
TG: im giving it up
TG: out*
TG: im passin them out like chaep cigars
AG: You stop that r8ght now! That's totally the opposite of what we do!
TG: lawl nah u got it backwords the hole point of stealin is to move good stuff from bad guys to good peeps

The one thats just karkalicious with a trumpet

I dont think so, john even dated both.

Penumbra Phat is objectively the best song.

Which is?

33. rekiuem fro kraket

thanks

Doctoral Degree

X - V A P O R - R O M

that would've been fun
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
actually, the 4 1/3 hours late one

>his favorite character is Karkuck

>his favorite character is Vristake

Act 6 was a mistake.

They do.

Rogue's steal and redistribute, akin to Robin Hood. Nepeta enjoys roleplay, adorning a new identity, taking someone else's identity as her own. She also quite literally stole Davesprite's identity when they became Davepeta. She was also obsessed with shipping, a way more literal representation of how a rogue will take stuff and redistribute it. She was obsessed with matching people up. :D

There were some strenuous observations they both shared when we discussed it in the past, when the classpect craze was in full force. Put simply Rogues seem to characterized as well meaning to others and actively willing to help them but lacking in some personal area that they don't confront easily, usually tied in with their aspect in some form and possibly what structures their development as a class in sburb given the whole 'working against a challenge' idea.

Both Nepeta, Roxy and even Rufioh weirdly enough have a number of similarities you can observe and try to interpret their shared meanings in relation to their shared Rogue class and the various interactions with their aspect said observations would/could suggest.

>Vriska: Thief of Light
>Steals things from others to help herself
>Roxy: Rogue of Void
>Steals nothing from concepts to help others
And then when Roxy interacts with Vriska she just lets Vriska shit talk Jake, the fuck is wrong with you Hussie?

It just hit me that this wasn't in the comic
Shame. It was pretty spot on.

Seeing Vriska conflict with a capable but positive person like Roxy would have been an amazing interaction outright, especially with John thrown into the mix as well.

Well Roxy is everything Vriska wishes she could be.

I guess we'll have to settle for Aradia "Put Spider Bitches in Spider Stiches" Megido beating her up for all eternity in the old universe

I mean, to be fair, Jake is the fucking worst

Vriska is the worst.

>Well Roxy is everything Vriska wishes she could be.
Huh, that's a really interesting thought now that you mention it.

Vriska may have been ruined by Act 6, but she was a compelling character at one point, which is more than Jake can say.

>archives down

desuarchive.org/co/search/text/homestuck/

????

Jake's still better. There's no Jakestagram.

It's a certain kind of irony.

Vriska wanted to be praised as a hero but everyone saw her as a creepy sociopath

Roxy never wanted to be praised as a hero but Dirk "Emotionless Asshole" Strider ends up singing her praises - when she isn't in the room.

Of course it all falls to shit when Vriska off-screen becomes a character everyone everywhere loves

He could have been interesting at least, but damn did he get shafted hard in the writing department. Real shame too, all they had to do was show him going off and doing his own thing and he'd be fine. Instead he just takes his place as the drama trophy wife and impassively takes shit or feels sorry for himself.

Like I said, regardless of how much Vriska may have been ruined, she was at least entertaining for a time before it all went to shit.

Jake is emblematic of everything wrong with post-Scratch Homestuck.

Christ if that'd been touched on it could have been fantastic, even a dramatic improvement for the vaunted retcon Vriska had it been made apparent that people just put up with her shit as opposed to actually liking her. So in the end even if she was the big important boss bitch, there's this other person about who is the person she always wanted to be without sacrificing friendship to obtain it.

But, as you said, everyone seems to love her post retcon, even fucking Terezi. Just makes me hate it that much more again.

i made that

thank u

>thanks to the retcons, John is literally the only original main character who did anything relevant or meaningful after Cascade

Th-thanks, Hussie.

Grandpa was awesome enough for both of his selves. Leave Jake alone.

wow that took nearly no thought from me
3 fucking words
ill say a bit more
so i made vapour rom in audacity during a plane ride
i was originally a seperate song from the album but ended up getting added anyway

The thing to remember about Vriska is that not many of the characters involved in the ending actually knew her. Terezi and Kanaya did. Dave did secondhand from Terezi. Rose, Jade, and the Alphas all had no interaction with the old Vriska, so it wouldn't make any sense for them to dislike her.

As far as they all knew, Vriska was just another one of the surviving trolls, and one who was always zealously trying to help everyone and keep everyone safe. As hamfisted as the writing was, nobody really broke character. They all had reason to like Vriska.

He only made things worse, I think most people expected Jake to just go around fucking shit up whilst being a bit odd, perhaps an emotional dwarf too given what we knew of Grandpa. Instead we got stupid teen drama and Jake feeling sorry for himself for fucking ages. Least he was alright in Collide I guess.

meanwhile, most of bowman's old videos are listed again
but scoutrush39 became unavailable
what does it mean? did his love for homestuck came back?

Nanna was awesome too, but that doesn't make Jane any less awful.

btw this is a thing thats going to happen

But Grandpa made Joey! You like Joey, don't you?

8ULLY THE WEENIE!!!!!!!!

>tfw John is my favorite beta kid
>tfw Jake is my favorite alpha kid
>tfw Gamzee is my favorite troll
>tfw Kankri is my favorite dancestor

>gamzee
>caring about dancestors at all

Beyond shit taste.

5/10

Here is mine:
john
roxy
aradia
meenah

rate me dont hate me

good taste user.

john's my favourite beta
roxy's my favourite alpha
vriska's my favourite troll
meenah's my favourite dancestor

I can't for one second believe any of the members of the meteor trip didn't spend some time together or in each others company at some point learning about the others on the ship. Three years is such a long fucking time, with such a small number of people there's no way you wouldn't be able to avoid them or at the absolute minimum learning about them enough to know what they're like.

And even still they'd have obvious reason to dislike her given her personality, a point brushed over in light on John's magical punch. But fuck it, we never see their actual interactions and retcon Vriska and all the meteor cast are just different fucking characters to the ones we knew so who cares.

Mine is:
Dave
Dirk
Karkat
Rufioh

Literally me