Nordic Launguages

Redpill me of Nordic Launguages:

>Finland - Chinese bullshit not important

>Swedish/Norwiegian/Danish - are they close enough to understand each other?

>What about Icelandic
What's the easiest to learn for an Anglo, and why do they all sound like made up bullshit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BfFn25acbJI
youtube.com/watch?v=k7-wkdvGUt0
youtube.com/watch?v=mQWmryiIcxY
universitypost.dk/article/41-reasons-why-danes-are-so-strange
youtu.be/FxrCNf8utsE
youtu.be/z0PvZGVPiJU
youtube.com/watch?v=Cy44ocuoWhE
youtu.be/B907iS6ugFs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Swedish/Norwiegian/Danish - are they close enough to understand each other?
Yeah we can understand them, also the Finns understand Swedish but only bc they are teached it in school

>What's the easiest to learn
Not Finnish for sure. Its one of the most autistic languages to learn on this planet.

Yeah Swedish/Norwiegian/Danish is very similar and most people can understand eachother from those 3 countries.

I cant understand Icelandic when they speak but i can read and understand a lot of it.

See, this is a weird concept for me, since they're no other launguages that are similar enough to English for me to understand. I can't really imagine it.

So, it's not just recognizing words of similar origin, but you can have conversations?

>See, this is a weird concept for me, since they're no other launguages that are similar enough to English for me to understand. I can't really imagine it.
What is Scots?

I can't understand them when they talk...haven't tried to read any.

Learn Swedish or Norwegian, don't bother with fucking Danish. Danish sounds like some faggot is speaking Norwegian but has a hot potato on his tongue. Something went wrong with Danish.

Or you could stop being a faggot and just learn German or Dutch, or both. I think you could appreciate the linguistic evolution of continental Germanic languages better if you learned those two, being an English speaker and all.

Swedish is probably the easiest, it's likely the most modern language among us. The Norwegians haven't even decided what way they're going to spell their own language. We all understand each other really. We have a saying here that goes "we all speak the same language, but the Norwegians can't write it and the Danes can't pronounce it". Can somewhat understand written Icelandic, through context and archaic Swedish similarities.

This is old Norse. Book it comes (havamala) from is roughly 1000 years old, but likely it was passed down orally since way before.
Deyr fé,
deyja frændr,
deyr sjálfr et sama;
ek veit einn,
at aldri deyr:
dómr um dauðan hvern
Most of us can still understand it to an extent.

>What's the easiest to learn for an Anglo, and why do they all sound like made up bullshit?
English?

It's literally our second language.
We actually teach English to our children and prefer subtitles over dubs. Also barely anything get's translated to our languages so people are under constant exposure which is one of the main reasons why many Nordics speak pretty good English. It's even better if you speak American English because it's generally a lot simpler and more familiar than the mumbling used by Brits or Scots.

modern danish, sw*dish/arabic and mainland nork can all understand each other. Same with goths too. It was actually 3 language, danish tongue/old norse, swedish and gothic. We've taken great dutch influence, here after the empire fell in 1319 to gayness.... yes.. homosexuality can lit kill of an empire.. it's so shameful.. biggest of all shames.. to be erli, not confused with modern ærlig wich means honest.

All the islanders came from the shitrock and are norse. The iceniggers basically speaks old norse to this very day, very very small differences.

The sheepniggers have had their language corrupted, but not as much as the mainland. They can speak with the iceniggers, and are still pretty close to ON.

Then you got your shetlanders, orkneyniggers and those in Katanes, where one used to speak Norn, thil just a 200-100 back or, I don't remember the dates. They still concider them self norse, which they are by blood, but they lost their tongue. The dialect however is very evident.

If you look at yorkshire and lincolnshire too, they used to have quite laughable dialects, but as everywhere in the world they die out and go mainstream. These dialects sounded like a nork speaking really bad english, really funny.

English is also a scand dialect now, it's been evident to us all along. It simply took too much influence by the norse and danes, during those years. The languages was really similar to begin with. The funny thing today is that we see we are getting your words! Anglo influence, but kek, we get words back that have been gassed in mainland scand... which you got from us I mean

Most common words, "bad words" (french are nice, norse are bad), anything with fishing, farming, daily life, even in titles... such as ie "ombudsman" now this is fucking meaningless in anglo, kek yeah but we still got him too, to this very day

such as ie Baby, Beibi

>Danish sounds like some faggot is speaking Norwegian but has a hot potato on his tongue.

Found the Swedish heritagefag

I wanted to learn German but everyone says it's such a pain in the ass.

Could you give me a sentence that might be easy to figure out

>Yeah we can understand them, also the Finns understand Swedish but only bc they are teached it in school

Barely anyone I know can actually talk Swedish, the lack of exposure makes it really hard for Finns to maintain their Swedish language skills. I'd also guess that many Swedes rather talk English to us instead of bearing with our pathetic Swedish skills.

gaaah..
swap the two last pars..

you understood that. Funny that the french ironically came with the danish and norse normans, who took french language after 80 years there.

But this about "bad" words, it's not so present in the current year, but go back 60 or 100.

The general rule is a word of norse origin is usually considered foul, as this comes from the nobles speaking french... Same shit here... but with dutch instead

fast examples I must go
cock - Kukk
egg(yes this was foul in the 1800ds in england) -egg

why do you think you are white, you're not

Old Norse
Deyr fé,
deyja frændr,
deyr sjálfr et sama;
ek veit einn,
at aldri deyr:
dómr um dauðan hvern

Formal Swedish
Fä dör,
fränder dö,
även själv skiljes du hädan,
men ett vet jag,
som aldrig dör,
domen över död man.

English
Cattle die,
kinsmen die
you yourself die;
I know one thing
which never dies:
the judgment of a dead man's life.

I have Vietnamese, French, German/Dutch, and to a lesser extent English and Scotch-Irish ancestry, but no North Germanic heritage as far as census records and the like can indicate.

Aren't all the curse words Nordic? Ass, fuck, shit etc.

That was the thing told when i was young.

>tfw i'll never be aryan enough for this

youtube.com/watch?v=BfFn25acbJI

Icelandic is much closer to Old Norse than Swedish/Norwegian/Danish right?

australian here

i understand finnish/danish for some reason

dont rly get any others

I like the amount of dead in it.

I find Danish much easier to grasp than the other Swedish and Norwegian for whatever reason, even though Danish sounds like goat-speak.

Theres a lot of words in german that are extremely similar to english words and sentence structure is pretty much the same, dutch is supposed to be easy to learn too.

What? I'm from America so I don't really understand Australian

>I wanted to learn German but everyone says it's such a pain in the ass.

You're already at a disadvantage learning anything outside of Spanish, being an American because you won't be able to converse with natives outside of beaners, bud. The hardest part about German might be declension, subjunctive mood, tenses, and when to use certain prepositions. For Dutch, they've pretty much dispensed with declension except in the cases of old fixed phrases, and their prepositional usage, as far as I can tell, might be easier to learn.

I always hear that Dutch is closest to English, but every time I hear Dutch, they just sound like retards speaking gibberish.

Yes it is. Iceland has a "language council" which maintains the historical purity of Icelandic. No borrowed words, and new words are solely based on Icelandic.
I have that stanza tattooed on my arm.

>and to a lesser extent English
>but no North Germanic heritage
>See image

In all honesty i just wanted an excuse to post the previous image so no hard feelings

what about the faroese language?

who understands them, who doesnt understand them? is it relevant?

thats okay i donmt understand the majority of american to be honest

Dutch is easy... just speak English with a potato in your mouth and presto! You're speaking Dutch!

What are you trying to convey, Pommy?

kek
okay
Ass - Rass
Fuck - fickifick, no it's not norse. Faen, Fjanðin i the closest we use, I don't see any relation
Shit - Skit, að skita, drull, drit kek
Piss - piss
yeah all those you could hit me all day, but I really must get my ass in gear kek

Lol I shall actually have a list and some "research" papers here from this actually, but it was only at the school before uni. I must find and find this, because it is funny as shit

Part these dialects in the uk who now mostly are extinct. Also adding that on the shitrock we have more differnt dialects than that of swedish or danish.

They're technically Danish.

> i just wanted an excuse to post the previous image so no hard feelings

Literally nothing

Pretty much this

It's a lot easier to understood when read as opposed to when spoken. This holds even more so for Afrikaans.

Swedes dont understand danish aswell as norwegian, dont kid yourself, DANE

Go have to a look at English germanic origins silly, as for the original post

German is similar enough to english you can have a semse of what they're saying. Word and sentence structure is very similar.

I'm learning Swedish, it's a really nice language desu

>haven't tried to read any
Have you played any of the Dragon Quest remakes on the DS? Or some of the other remakes. You'll read a lot of "text accents". It's hard on the brain at first

I have no problem understanding them. Maybe you have to have above 50 IQ to make the corrolations to Swedish. Go back to somaliland, yeah?

Icelandic is close to old Icelandic, Old Norse is devided between two groups west and east, west were spoken in denmark norway, and east spoken in Sweden.

You're wrong, mate. I'm learning German and it's completely different from English. There are similar words, but the sentence structure is different. If you know English, you won't get a free ride with German.

> Finns understand Swedish

5% of finnish population speak swedish as their first language. Rest 95% are don't care. When we go to Sweden on first day we try to speak our mongol accent swedish and when we realize the local sand nigger don't understand shit we change to english.

Odd that Norwegian and Swedish seem so much more similar than Danish and Norwegian then.

Don't forget gutarna! Admittedly they're kind of irrelevant.

I recongnize "man", kek. Oh well.

Yeah, noticed a few but haven't spent much time in it. I did try to learn French on my own, and found it was it pretty easy because all the words we took. But learning verbs and conjugation and grammatical structures still didn't sink in...but I was doing it solo.

Yes, I understand that, but then why even talk about a distinct "Englishness", if you can just as easily pick another arbitrary point in history before Germanics settled the Isles?

I'm comparing to spanish, where they put adjectives in different places and how they conjugate words. German makes more sense to english speakers then the latin languages.

Because Norway has been a part of Sweden for a very long time so when our language derived from old norse our language mixed more then danish, Also both groups of old norse were basically dialects.

Is it just a meme that there is heaps of sand niggers in sweden? I'm really curious to know whether it's true.

Whoa! What an amazing poem. Thanks for sharing, it's going in my little book of toasts.

It's not that strange. The border between Sweden and Norway is very porous, and Norwegians come to Sweden all the time to shop, and i know several who work in Norway but lice in Sweden. The dialects near the border (like värmländska) is quite similar to Norwegian.

Considering England was founded by said individuals (clues in the name) i'd say they're the most relevant, i was just pointing out that you do have north germanic heritage.

Swedish education....

ffs sake Sven-Abdul, it's fucking fellow nords and you don't even know their history..

No they are norse, their language comes from old norse, but has been somewhat corrupted over the years.

Just as you had norn in the shetlands,orkneys and katanes etc. Though they had taken a bit anglo influence, yet much similarities to shipnogging.

Also they can speak with the icelanders...

fucking Sven..
>either it's that he was first in america
>or the north pole
>or claiming our people are him
NO SVEN YOU WERE NOT FIRST AT THE NORTH POLE, SOUTH POLE, THE MOON OR ANYTHING

You suck deal with it...
fucking sore ass loser svens, this we do not share. Pic related a common swede

Plus England was raped into oblivion and settled by nordics during the viking age.

I don't know if is autistic but when I travelled to Helsinki, listening to people speaking it was like listening to some asian language. Pretty funny tbqh.

I want to come back, I loved the country and only a week was too short.

Stockholm / Southern Sweden is literally filled with them. On street it feels like 50/50 swedes/sand niggers. Its a meme and its also the truth.

Swedish is easier to understand than danish when spoken, while danish is easier to understand when reading, at least for me.

You fucking mongrel. Faroe islands are technically a Danish dominion, just like Greenland. That's all I was saying.

Sheep nogging "basically" danish says Sven...

I don't really know sheepnog, but I can perfectly understand it, because I know icelandic......

I know, but I don't want to sound like a faggot by saying: "GUYS, I'M OF NORTH GERMANIC DESCENT BECAUSE I HAVE ENGLISH LINEAGE".

forgot link

How much gook have you got in you, boyo?

Thanks for a genuinely interesting thread, Vikings.

Is that why i have spoken normal danish with several swedes in Sweden the times i have visited?

This guy is most likely right pham.

>mongrel
Sven says mongrel

now fucking rauss

Half

>Finland - Chinese bullshit
American education.

It's okey my fellow dane, If swedes cant understand you they are probably from the north, and we all know that northern swedes are truly the worst.

Free Scania

damnit fucked those links
but here
youtube.com/watch?v=mQWmryiIcxY

sheepnogging

Opinions on this article?
universitypost.dk/article/41-reasons-why-danes-are-so-strange

Sweden is about 25% dunecoon

It was just a joke, I appreciate all languages pham ;^}

Tho, Finnish does sound a little Asian-ish to me.

youtu.be/FxrCNf8utsE

But literally everyone here thinks like that? Where as norwegian and swedish fairly easy to understand, danish weird like dutch.

>See, this is a weird concept for me, since they're no other launguages that are similar enough to English for me to understand. I can't really imagine it.

Fucking burgerretard, they're all Germanic languages. I understand some Dutch, Swiss German, English and also some pieces of the nordic languages, because they share the same lingual roots.

Po vikingtokt till fremmet land,
dro men av nordisk aett.

>What's the easiest to learn for an Anglo
Any other languages; no more than 25 million people world wide speak a Scandinavian languages, secondly most people that speak a Scandinavian languages also speaks English.
If you want to learn a foreign languages, choose German, Spanish, Italian, French, Russian, Chinese (mandarin?), Japanese - just to name a few of the more useful languages.

25% that seems way to high; I don't think Sweden can be much more than 15%

Norwegian is in general way easier to understand than danish, though it has a lot to do with dialects. Some norwegian ones are really hard and some danish are rather easy.

I don't even think it's as much as 15%
They're just visible in society because they're unemployed and roam the streets

Rate my swedish

السويد هي احتياجات الحلال المزيد من الاسلام

Swedes, norwegians, and danes can understand most of eachothers languages. maybe around 80% to 90% and in written form close to 100.
-
Icelandic is more difficult, it has 32 letters and some sounds that are very hard to pronounce. It has no foreign words. so they make up new words all the time. it has probably the most sophisticated grammar in the world. they can understand the vast majority of the written edda from the 13th century as it has changed very little since then.
Icelanders are also taught some danish in school I think, as we ruled them until fairly recently.
so for them the other nordic languages are pretty easy to learn and understand.
-
Swedish would be the easiest to learn. very similar in grammatical structure to english and the pronounciation is pretty simple. when I started to learn english in school, we first learned swedish, in order to get to know the grmmatical structure.

then comes norwegian
then danish
then icelandic (most likely the most difficult language to learn in the world)

No shit, any other pearls of wisdom? I still wouldn't be able to have a conversation in German.

youtu.be/z0PvZGVPiJU

She has an American accent not a Finnish one

Post Nordic folk music

youtube.com/watch?v=Cy44ocuoWhE

>Swedes
>Understanding the subhuman gurgling that is Danish

Don't kid yourself, danskjävel

Depends on where you go. As with most countries they seem to huddle together down south, few go up north. In Sweden's case that might be because of the cold.

But yeah, the further south you go tje more trash you see, eventually you come the areas the whites have fled, i.e the ghettos (multiple).

Wardruna is awesome! I really like Faun from Germany too. Walpurgisnacht is one that's good. Other band that is similar to Wardruna is Heilung, check out Alfadhirhaiti.

I know not how you that say can.

There's a joke about a German guy who was ten minutes late to a class and whispered to his classmate, asking whether he had missed anything important and the reply was, "no, he hasn't gotten to the verb, yet.

>any other pearls of wisdom
Wisdom is derived from wise. In German we say "weise" but since we build nouns from adjevtives with -heit suffix the German pendant is Weisheit.

Really? She was born in and Finland. I think she just left to go to college or something.

>Finland - Chinese bullshit not important
us level education
EVERY
FUCKING
TIME

She's American alright. People take their accents from their peers not their parents.

>They're just visible in society because they're unemployed and roam the streets

I also think it is a possibility, that "we" are flawed as the observer. Like how we notice these people a lot more than other people - creating the illusion that they are much more dominating than they actually are.
I thought about it with mixed racial pairs; where I moved to a major city and I got the impression that they where everywhere. Then I started to count, how many I would see in a week and how many "normal" couples I would see in a week. As it turned out there was surprisingly few despite of my initial impression.

youtu.be/B907iS6ugFs
Fucking beautiful song.

>"no, he hasn't gotten to the verb, yet."

Every German novel ever