/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

What Could Have Been Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2016.htm

>Out This Week:
Darth Vader #22

>Star Wars Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>The Clone Wars Legacy Content:
starwars.com/tv-shows/the-clone-wars-legacy

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zyiYl7h2Q70
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>tfw we'll never see best ARCs again

When was your personal moment of realisation that Rebels had a chance of standing on its own two feet, and the flashes of greatness weren't just happy accidents?

Personally, it was this
youtube.com/watch?v=zyiYl7h2Q70

That pic makes me sad.

>As we enter into an exciting new era focused on the next Star Wars trilogy, Lucasfilm has decided to pursue a new direction in animated programming. We are exploring a whole new Star Wars series set in a time period previously untouched in Star Wars films or television programming. You can expect more details in the months to come.

>As part of this shift, we have also made some key decisions affecting Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Star Wars Detours.

>After five highly successful and critically acclaimed seasons of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, we feel the time has come to wind down the series. While the studio is no longer producing new episodes for Cartoon Network, we're continuing production on new Clone Wars story arcs that promise to be some of the most thrilling adventures ever seen.

What was your reaction?

I can't recall a particular moment. But I've been on the Rebels train strong since well before season 1 was finished.

Also, I never realized until now that roughly the first half of the track you posted is, for lack of a better way to describe it, a more grandiose version of Ahsoka's theme.

Can anyone who has played The Old Republic give me insight into what the world Belsavis is like?

Meh

>>After five highly successful and critically acclaimed seasons of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, we feel the time has come to wind down the series.
>>What was your reaction?

I didn't follow the show after the third season, so I didn't know it was even cancelled until I read that Legends was wiped out.

>There will never be Clones Wars episodes set during and after Revenge of the Sith

Old news but...

>As you may know, we made a tuning change to Galactic War on June 15th. There were several goals of that change, and we have been monitoring in-game data and player feedback on the change. While we view that tuning update as generally successful, we were finding that it wasn’t providing enough challenge.

>Update to Galactic War
>Final nodes tuned to be more challenging
>"It's meant to be hard!"

Well...that explains that, I suppose

Then it wouldn't be the Clone Wars at that point.

It's mostly used a prison by the Republic, so there are tons of criminals everywhere. The terrain is grassy in some parts, and I think there are parts with snow too.

What is it with people and wanting Ahsoka to be married?

When it was announced in 2013.

(OP)
>What could have been
Imagine what COULD BE: Luke is happily married to Ahsoka and the force ghost of Anakin pops in now and then to give his son a thumbs up

So it's not as hard as before but it's still hard?

sorry I had to delete my post and redo it because I cut off the last few words

I just want her married to Luke, because if anybody in the star wars galaxy deserve each other, it's them.

Also it'd be a fantastic coup for Filoni: his mary sue OC waifu becoming the love interest of Lucas's mary sue OC self insert. The EU-fag butthurt would be deliciously tremendous.

You guys know Ahsoka is like 30 years old than Luke, right?

The end of the clone wars is still the clone wars.

You're saying that like it's a bad thing - what 20-something libidinous young man doesn't want an alien cougar to take his v-card?

>You guys know Ahsoka is like 30 years old than Luke, right?

She was 17 when he was born.

Closer to 16-17 but yeah, it'd be weird

Yeah. Harder than what it was, but not as hard as how it used to be.

>weird
Pardon me did I click on Sup Forums by mistake? I was under the impression we appreciated animated women older than 12 here.

God damn it you baited me. Well done.

Personally I think it'd be cute and full of pottery. The woman whose unrequited puppy love for Anakin which developed into a more mature respect, finds another avenue for expression in the form of his offspring, and the man who only truly knew his father for a moments, and who only had contact with Obi-Wan for a few hours, gets to learn everything he can about his father from one of his closest companions. But I won't lie that trolling the shit out of thin-skinned prequel/tcw/rebels/Disney/new-canon haters is the real reason for wanting it.

Okay... That ship makes absolutely no sense.

>The woman whose unrequited puppy love for Anakin
Oh, you're one of those people

>>The woman whose unrequited puppy love for Anakin
Wrong guy. She saw Anakin as his big brother actually.

>rex and ahsoka
I like this.

Did you happen to see TCW season 5 finale or Rebels season 2 finale? It's pretty obvious Ahsoka had a small crush on Anakin in the beginning of TCW, which mellowed out as the series progressed. Even when it's made evident that she knows what's going on between Anakin and Padme, there's still a very deep love between them, platonic though it may be, which is very obvious by the time of the fight on Malachor.

Everyone likes it apparently, been the hottest new meme (and rule34) since rebels ended a few months ago

>It's pretty obvious Ahsoka had a small crush on Anakin in the beginning of TCW
So you are one of those people.

Wait, now you've heard of it?

>>New
How cute

Are you one of those people that don't think men and women that are unrelated can't be friends in any sense because 'muh secret crush' has to happen always? Anakin was her mentor and close friend, nothing more. She never got closure on his "death" for all those years, of course she would have a different reaction to it.

>It's pretty obvious Ahsoka had a small crush on Anakin in the beginning of TCW
No, she didn't. They went out of their way to avoid this, to the point where the voice actors were told before they had even recorded that there was nothing romantic between them. Any hint of romance is your own imagination.

>They make retarded changes on my birthday
Why does everything turn to shit? Why do people hate the 15th?

The 15th was when things got easier. They upped the difficulty on the 29th.

Half way through a normal month, why not pick it?

So I guess that means that people don't hate the 15th, the universe just hates you user.

Young Han Solo, meet baby Luke and Leia

>Rexsoka
>been the hottest new meme (and rule34) since rebels ended a few months ago

Drat, I wanted smug Inky. Truly this is the work of the Dark Side of the Force.

Who is best new canon character?

Either SS or Poe

Why do I love and hate Chopper at the same time?

I don't really get the love for Poe. Like, he's alright, but I keep seeing people saying his one of the best new characters and I don't see it.

you hate him because he's a genocidal maniac
you love him because he's a genocidal maniac

>Rexsoka

Absolutely positively completely disgusting

I guess it says more about the quality of everyone else if they keep saying he's the best. Then again, that's just my two cents on the matter; I'm prone to having unusual taste in shit.

>best girl + cute jihad

Yet it's the most cute pairing

Oddly enough, whenever there's Rexsoka, there will also be Coffee. I guess it's because both of them are friends to one of their own who are unconventional.

Matt.
That awkward moment when mom shows up where you work.

Wait did Detours finally get released?

No, that's probably from a promotional still or one of the clips they released years ago

It's a promo image for Detours.

Pixels.
(Lotta careful cloning in Photoshop. The final version is going to have an artistic treatment on it so Im not worried about the grainyness.)

Kanan

>SS
kek

fuk
will they just dump it on Netflix or just give us a straight no already, goddamn

I agree. There was nothing stand-out about him. He's just a cool pilot guy.

I think at this point they're probably just not gonna do it and people have mostly forgotten about it. If they come out and make an official announcement then that'll remind people that it exists and you'll get a bunch of morons going "B-BUT THAT'S UNFAIR RELEASE IT ON NETFLIX YOU ARE DEPRIVING US OF THIS HILARIOUS TREASURE"

Po is nice and he didn't get himself bogged down in the story.
Also he is gay. That makes him prime husbando material.

>There was nothing stand-out about him.
>Destroys 10 TIE fighters in half a minute during a dogfight

Let's face it: If you're not force sensitive, nobody cares.

It's like not being a saiyan in Dragon Ball

That's why there's the slight chance that he's force sensitive since Luke did know Poe's parents.

Yeah, Po is nice. Kung Fu panda is cool.

I'm waiting for Naare to show up in canon proper. Luke needs a Sith Lady to fight in the intermezzo periods of the original trilogy.

Yeah, that's nice and all but it doesn't make him a more interesting character.

u cheeky m8

Like I said, he's a cool pilot guy who does cool pilot shit like you'd expect him to. His character has no apparent arc or growth ahead of him, which is why I don't get why they consider him a main character.

Force sensitivity isn't passed by association. You and I both know that reason is ridiculous.

In any case, I want my parents to meet a Jedi so I can get Space Magic in the womb.

What? I never said... What?

TFA's marketing got to me, Kylo is my new favorite character if I have to hide my power level, otherwise it's Ahsoka on Sup Forums or Jerec to my friends

This is one of the reasons why I felt the attack on Starkiller Base wasn't a fraction as exhilarating as the Death Star trench run was. Not only was the Starkiller Base attack shown side by side with a more interesting scene (Rey vs. Kylo Ren), but the character doing the run was not the main character and someone who was out of the movie for 70% of the runtime. When the Starkiller Base was destroyed it was a "whatever" moment whereas when the Death Star was destroyed it's a "leap to your feet and cheer" moment. The Death Star was way more engaging because it was the climax of the movie, was given uninterrupted focus, and featured the main character of the movie.

I don't really count Ahsoka as a new canon character because she was technically part of the old canon too.

Because he exists to cause suffering and you're a sadomasochist

>That's why there's the slight chance that he's force sensitive since Luke did know Poe's parents.

You implying Poe is Force Sensitive because Luke happened to know Poe's parents before he was born.

So according to Tarkin the Sith were created in the Hundred Year Darkness around 6,000 BBY. I guess that means the Sith were fucking up the galaxy for 5,000 years before they were finally forced into the Rule of Two. This makes Sheev look like an absolute fuck up since his Sith only led for 20 years.

I would love a tv show like Game of Thrones or something where it shows the whole 5,000 year conflict with the Sith. I could easily see this being the new era after the ST with tons of comics and games set around it. Just imagine seeing the Jedi over seasons get more and more 'evil' because they're so desperate that they end up killing even children in Sith controlled areas as a sort of 'lesser evil' sort of deal. Having their absolute rationality tested by not caring about innocents during the war because of the possibility that even more innocents will be harmed if they did nothing about the Sith. I'm already imagining the first season showing the lead up to the creation of the Sith with one of the main characters turning to the dark side and amassing an army on Morriband.

Wait, it was before he was born? Oh. Never mind then. I thought it was after since force users can detect other force users through the force.

What's even funnier is that Poe wasn't originally meant to survive, let alone become a main character. He was going to help Finn escape and then die in the crash on Jakku. I'm not sure at what point the role got expanded, but it was probably before Oscar Isaac was cast. Either way they didn't do much rewriting apparently, since Poe turning up alive again is waved off, and he spends the rest of the movie just kind of being "pilot guy" because there wasn't anything specifically written for him.

>I would love a tv show like Game of Thrones

to be fair the bits shown were mildly entertaining, I'd be a little disappointed if that were the case.
But just a little. Really I just wanted more shots of that chick from jabba's palace with the elephant feet that was in the trailer.

I meant in the sense that it's a show where the factions are the main characters and the actual main characters die all the time (which would need to be the case for a show that shows a conflict over 5,000 years).

>to be fair the bits shown were mildly entertaining
The only joke I liked was the stormtroopers falling into the chasm and realizing it was just a painting. The rest either ranged from "that was okay" to "who the fuck thought this was funny"

We're really better off without this show

I know what you meant and you're far from the first to suggest something like this. It's a garbage idea.

>I guess that means the Sith were fucking up the galaxy for 5,000 years before they were finally forced into the Rule of Two. This makes Sheev look like an absolute fuck up since his Sith only led for 20 years.
20 years of solid rulership vs. 5,000 years of dumbfuckery.

As in from the films? Kylo, surprisingly. I wasn't impressed at first but I liked the character more in subsequent viewings. Mostly because I'm interested in where they plan to take him. He and Luke are the only things I'm looking forward to in VIII.

>had two giant battle stations get destroyed by Apprentice's son, daughter and their friends
>had science non-Sith abominations waiting in the wings to replace said Apprentice at a moment's notice which breaks the Sith line
>couldn't kill a certain little green friend of his which led to the training of the Apprentice's son in the ways of the Force, leading to his downfall
>Empire he created couldn't stay together even a day after his passing
>His iron rule of said Empire was very imperfect which allowed the Rebellion to form
I'd say Sheev fucked up plenty of times.

>At one point, nearly six thousand years before the rise of the Galactic Empire, the Sith built a shrine on Coruscant, which became a place of immense dark side power. Later in history, the Jedi raised their own temple over that shrine, in an attempt to contain and eliminate its power.
So I guess this means the Jedi were on Ahch-To probably until around 5900 BBY. This also makes me suspect that the Sith controlled Coruscant for a while. I suspect that the Sith only had control of certain parts of the galaxy which would still work given Sheev's 'first Galactic Empire!' comment. You could probably look at Morriban and Malachor's locations and figure out the likely Sith controlled areas during the ancient war. It would be pretty cool if the Sith actually completely controlled the galaxy at one point but they were already in civil war at that point so it wasn't technically one single Galactic Empire as not to contradict the Galactic Empire being the first of it's kind.