ITT: DC characters that deserve more spotlight

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7T8y3Af3dH0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Hail H'El

Ambush bug

Bushido

the better version of Robin

How come DC hasn't used them aside from Aya having a cameo in the Smallville comic book?

im really not that sure. red lanterns did well enough that they couldve had him in there as a supporting cast. Hell it wouldve worked great when Guy was a red

static.

Klarion

Black Spider

the better version of Spiderman

Imouto elf

Do properties they have purchased that used to be the property of other companies count? No i'm not going for watchmen.

Needs more alien lanterns

Surprisingly one of the better new characters to come out of the New 52. I like that Tynion found a way to get him in BnR Eternal.

He was only entertaining when he was getting the shit kicked out of him by SBP

That shot always makes Sodam look like such a douche.

lilith

That was probably the 2nd time DC decided to make him interesting. He could use some coverage now that we have 4 earth lanterns

what the hell is that thing on the left

It has potential

Zatanna

Mera

anyone that isnt batman and his rogues, or superman and his rogues.

Kaldur'ahm

You know, i thought he'd get close to mainstream with Young Justice. But CN made a terrible decision and canceled the show.

Thing is, they rebooted right after introducing him and decided to leave him out of the reboot. As much as I love Geoff Johns' Aquaman, leaving Kaldur'ahm out was a mistake. Dan Abnett supposedly has plans for him since he was in Aquaman Rebirth iirc, but there's so much potential there for him. It was stupid of DC to just do nothing with him after hyping him up with YJ.

I always feel bad for her fans; she is right between A tier and B tier in terms of popularity, but she can never break through.

She'll get there one day...I hope.

I hope they don't fuck it up either. I hope it won't be some Harley Quinn shit where as soon as she gets really popular and starts getting pushed by DC, she becomes shit.

Nobody wants to touch that garbage fanfic tier romance

Lady motherfucking Shiva

Squire

youtube.com/watch?v=7T8y3Af3dH0

You could do practically any character for DC currently. Martian Manhunter isn't even on the Justice League anymore.

Her look is so dated and campy

Nightshade

>Injustice

thats the thing, he is, not as much as Guy mind you, but hes cocky and angry

he has his own ongoing you non-comic-reading-dumbass

shame his new52 comic was shit and cancelled

Vixen.

The one from Sandman? Weird.

You do know she's on Titans, right?

I want another GOAT comic about a team of C-list characters.

He's in Rebirth, not specifically Aquaman. It's been hinted that Abnett is going to use him in both Teen Titans and Aquaman which is fucking hype.

I would love a new Amethyst book with the same target demographic as Gotham Academy. Hell, they could just do something like they did with the TV spots and I'd be happy.

>garbage fanfic tier romance

Nigga what, 9

Was she in anything before the recent breakout or is she new
Because I'm interested to see where they go with this if it's a new character

She's a great character but she gets plenty of exposure she's in every second issue of aquaman

I need to get round to reading that I liked her new 52 series and apparently the original shits all over it.
I also need to watch those shorts in fact I'm gonna do that right now

Hm it's not on comiXology time for piracy I guess

I will be so pissed if DC continues with the demon bullshit, especially the "Oni" route. Did DC just forget that they have Etrigan or something?

dis 10/10 taste

Go fuck yourself. No really, I mean it. Zee has one of the best looks in capeshit. It just works so well, for so many reasons, one that the magician motif just looks so cool, another that you can look at her and immediately tell that she's a magical-type character, and yet another because it's sexy as hell.

Jesus. She probably has one of the best "costumes" in comic books.

Vixen has a little bit of potential imo. There's probably more you could do with her.

I fucking hope.

YES.

She's fine in Aquaman and I'm glad they're actually doing stuff with her in those books, but she needs more exposure outside of the comics. They've done fuck all with her in other media so far, but with Amber Heard being cast as Mera in JL and with us getting an Aquaman movie soon, I'm hoping she gets more recognition and respect in the mainstream. Hell, if anything, everything Aquaman deserves more spotlight, which is what DC has been doing these past few years, so that's really awesome actually.

But on Mera, she's probably one of DC's best female characters, so I think she should get more respect.

My nigga. I've loved Courtney Whitmore since the very first time I saw her.

>Did DC just forget that they have Etrigan or something
They still use him a lot so I doubt it

Klarion, I feel like, has a ton of potential as a magical villain or even as a conflicted character with a bit of depth. He just works so well as a concept and as a foil for Etrigan (who also probably deserves more spotlight as well).

Best Klarion I ever read was Morrison's version in SS. He was pretty dickish but instead of being outright evil, he was more mischievous and immoral, if not being too innocent to comprehend morality. Basically being really childish. I think that's more interesting for him than just being a straight up bad guy.

Didn't he get a nu52 series? Was that ever good?

Still i wonder why Creeper becoming a demon came from, I thought that his secret origins variation was good enough.

Aquaman gets fuck all done with him period.

You can't stand up on your own if all you are is a cockslevee to a laughing stock.

Blue Devil, though after DC took a lot of the same ideas and used them to update Blue Beetle, I very much doubt we'll see Cassidy ever again

There working on getting those all uploaded to comiXology right now

>supposed to be the most powerful GL other than Mogo
>an important character in the future
>basically GL wallpaper

Goddamn Sup Forums, just going for bottom of the barrel right out of the gate.

Klarion's one of those characters where they're fantastic and sadly obscure, but being obscure helps that quality. I don't even mean that bad writers would screw him up, but that Klarion is a character best used simply, whose simply concept and mystery don't always hold up on prolonged scrutiny.

Fuck right off

remember when DC announced they would do a big milestone revival
neither do they

Lady Shiva was everywhere in the 90s and 00s and honestly I'm pretty sick of her.

I love the BTAS Creeper, but it really has nothing to do with the original character. It was just Bruce Timm doing a Freakazoid sequence.

>thread is balls deep
>no one's mentioned the Phantom Lady legacy yet
Awful

I demand a G'Nort mini where he's constantly shat on by the entire DC Universe.

What the fuck happened to my man composite Superman. They had him fuck up pre-crisis sups and bats and then just dissapeared.

Shes a oldish character

He got a DC You series that was weird but good and had 12/10 art.

>no Black and Blue continuation

God damn that was a fun team-up in the New 52.

I'd rather see a continuation of Larfleeze where he and Orange God go on buddycop adventures saving people/stealing things

She's more like right between B-list and C-list.

>Aquaman gets fuck all done with him period.

>Geoff Johns' run
>Throne of Atlantis
>animated adaptation of Throne of Atlantis
>getting a movie eventually

'k bro

>and C-list.
Nah, I wouldn't go that far.

Casuals seem to know who she is well enough. I'd say she's more B-list with the potential to go A-list if DC ever actually did anything with her.

There is no way Zatanna would ever be A-List. She's gimmicky as all get out, and honestly would be even lesser known if it weren't for fetishes.

The Top.

He used to be a top tier Flash Rogue. Maybe Rebirth will give him that status back.

Reread who I was responding to.

Guy wanted to know why she doesn't get more done with her in media outside comics (re normie land).

Most normies aren't reading comics let alone aquamans.

DC shorts are good but still haven't shifted him out of superfriends mode.

The movie will be what turns thing around when it comes around. Unless it goes 90s X-treme route.

But in the meantime nobody is going to give a shit about his supporting cast in the way the original poster wants. So unless DC does a Captain Marvel level push (which isn't happening given they actually have a lot of desirable females) Mera's recognition is tied to Aquamans.

It feels like they don't reuse the Top as much out of respect as anything else.

We'll just have to enjoy her in the next general.

Nobody tops The Top, motherfuckers!

>There is no way Zatanna would ever be A-List. She's gimmicky as all get out, and honestly would be even lesser known if it weren't for fetishes.
I don't see why not. She has an instantly recognizable design, an interesting (if not well-defined) powerset, a great gimmick, is linked to Batman and the Justice League, and has a lot of potential.

Her sexiness just adds to her appeal. Bitches love to cosplay as Zatanna.

>potential as a magical villain
boring

The mischievous dickish boy that's just irresponsible and out to explore the world Morrison had is so much better and has a lot more potential. The recent series had him characterized similarly to Morrison's version. It was a nice series but abruptly cut short. Art was fantastic.

Adam Strange, The Question, Animal Man

How can anyone have this opinion? She's dressed like a damned magician/showgirl. If she ever ends up in a cape leotard I'll be pissed.

Except I'm the samefag as the one you were responding to.

I was referring to everything Aquaman period, dude.

I'm just saying, they've been pushing him a bit more recently.

Fine, that is better. But whatever.

Other way around really. Freakazoid was originally going to be a BTAS Creeper spinoff, but got canned and changed into it's own thing.

Original post seemed to be targeting Mera and normies. But definitely agree that AM is being pushed into a prominent and definite role on various fronts.

The only reason Zatanna isn't A list is that DC sucks at marketing anything that isn't linked to Batman.

Lets be honest, if a company can pull off Guardians, Ant-Man, Cyborg, Aquaman, and others into A-B list. ANYONE can make it with the right treatment and willingness to roll the dice.

Well maybe not Cyborg, holy fuck I just can't figure out how a character with so much exposure and treatment continues to be bleh. Even Captain Marvel has started to get her shit together.

I blame the Warner Bros executives that keep fucking things up with DC's movies. If DC had their own movie studio I bet it would be more succesful.

>was literally Ion at one point
>no one hears from him again
>Geoff continues to make shit earth lanterns

>hey guys I'm going to flesh out the rainbow corps with even more corps
>are you going to do anything with them after this event?
>ha ha
>no

Too many ideas, not enough doing things with that guy

I'd kill for a new ShadowPact series. JLD was okay, but I'd like my magic team to be aware of the goofy shit that's canon in DC and joke about it.

The writing was nothing special, though it did have an interesting take on Magic and Tech.
The art was beautiful, I need more of that guy.

And the thicc brown Rapunzel girl was qt as fuck.