Convince me that it won't be a steaming pile of disappointment like Legend of Korra

Convince me that it won't be a steaming pile of disappointment like Legend of Korra.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yzIxLwVwtiQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because Genndy's on it. Because he's not making a new series, he's finishing the old one with a 5 hour movie. It's on adult swim, meaning a bigger budget as compared to being on toonami. They are going to show jack actually killing people, which is logically what should have happened given his mind frame, situation, and location that he has been displaced to. Jack's journey will be complete.

The first Avatar was shit, so the sequel was always going to be shit.
The first Samurai Jack was almost perfect, so the sequel was always going to be great

Avatar: the last air bender was just western anime.

>Convince me that it won't be a steaming pile of disappointment

Bryan Konietzko and Mike DiMartino aren't anywhere near it.

There is a ton of anime better than some of the best western animation anyway.

Korra was a bit of a tranwreck but it's sure better then the new Voltron.

>It's on adult swim, meaning a bigger budget as compared to being on toonami.

youtube.com/watch?v=yzIxLwVwtiQ

>a new season that will premiere on Adult Swim’s Toonami block in 2016.
???

Well for starters it didn't replace a likeable lead with an annoying dyke

>a bit of a tranwreck

The new Voltron doesn't claim to be something it is not. It's straightforward and plays things out in front of you and has fun with its characters rather than saddle them with baggage. Also the CGI blends into the work.

Jack has a competent team that cares about the project with a clearly defined story and an appropriate budget. Korra had none of these things.

>Western anime
>Anime is just an eastern cartoon
>"Avatar the Last Airbender was just a cartoon"
You're retarded.

-It's not a reboot or a sequel, it's a long-awaited conclusion
-No Byrke

Uh no. The new Voltron is perfectly okay. It is exactly what it was shown to be and isn't garbage like Korra

>Implying korra was shit

jesus christ, why are there still people who think it will be shit?

have some faith in genndy & co.

>Jack will get back to the past
>Galaluna will never be saved

>Korra
>trainwreck

He said they wouldn't go full violent in the behind the scenes video.

But,
>Motorcycle

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?

>"X was shit, so Y will also be shit!!!"
What the fuck is with this retarded mentality and when will it stop? There is absolutely no relation between the two.

It makes perfect sense. In the original series, Jack stuck to things from his home, because he saw himself as a visitor who was only here until he can get back, back to the past. After 50 years, he's just gone "fuck it, I'm probably here forever" and has integrated with his surroundings, opting for practicality over sticking to the old ways.

He lost his way.

The thing is Myagi is dead so Aku is going to sound weird and I guarantee they won't get a half decent impersonator. They'll probably give him a new voice and say "oh he has cancer" or some other excuse to justify halfassing it.

Did you see the behind-the-scenes clip released earlier today? Genndy says that they considered that, but opted against it.

They probably got Greg Baldwin.

>jack's shoes

Love it!

nah, you watch t

*There is a ton of anime that is shit
Fixed

no desire no fear

Name them or go back to Sup Forums and never come back

Dude, I'm not a weeabo and I hate Sup Forums, anime by being able to go for other targeted audiences and themes and by sheer number has an advantage. This said, I'm not a weeabo, and I basically hate the kind of thing that Sup Forums loves to talk about, because this user here is ALSO right.

This said, I can say Trigun for example, FLCL, Black Lagoom and others. These are at least in equal foot or very close to ATLA.

ATLA in itself isn't even that much like much of other shonen shows like the first user said, it has at least technically much more care and thought.