What does Sup Forums think of the New Mutants?

What does Sup Forums think of the New Mutants?

they sucks

they sucked ass until Cable showed up

I love that there's so many blondes
I hate that there's too many fire related powers

Hey look, it's Cypher, the gayest X-Man.

I bet even warlock is white and blonde in human form

I think Magma was the worst member of the team

>too many fire related powers
Just Magma and Cannonball

Sunspot's power was solar charged super strength

Huge drop in quality after Claremont left, and again after Inferno

Nowadays, they're fine in new roles. Karma as a teacher is good, so is Roberto in charge of aim. Only Dani never found a role.

The best team. I actually like Claremonts run more than most of his Uncanny. All the characters rock. The Bill S. run.

Dani is so good Marvel is sneaking her into Thor. Sam and Bobbie are killing it as Avengers. Legion has a tv show.

I would put Claremonts run in Top 10 Marvel comics

Claremont had a bunch of vague Valkyrie shit planned for Dani

>Only Dani never found a role.

I feel like Claremont had more plans for the Valkyrie stuff before the whole X-Factor thing that crushed his dreams of characters growing up and moving on with their lives

Best girl!

Problem is, the Thor line already has more strong warrior women than they know what to do with.

Sunspot started throwing energy blasts eventually

Karma being stuck as a babysitter is part of the reason she's never found a girlfriend

Being Karma is suffering

That's no Cypher and SELF TALKS LIKE MORON.

Warlock is one of the best New Mutants and Cypher brought more to the team than Magma.

Al Magma ever did was fall in love with Empath and move back to Nova Roma. She had the weakest chemistry with the rest of the team

Cannonball wasn't really fire based either. He just propelled himself and was invulnerable while doing so. He just happened to have a rocket trail. I don't think it could/ever burned anything.

Most of their stories were silly nonsense. Some were good. Everything Sienkewicz drew was fantastic. The real tragedy of the kids being forced to become a military unit in X-Force was never really approached in any meaningful way except for one really nice moment between Warpath and Tabitha in X-Force vol. 2. I feel like that would have been something interesting to focus on, the X-Men turning teens into child soldiers, but when it was being made they genuinely thought it was cool.

That stayed true in volume 3.

She's never really had much of a role or identity.

>Al Magma ever did was fall in love with Empath and move back to Nova Roma.

She also dated Mephisto.

Loved them, but despite Claremont's efforts they always felt more like "Additional Reading/Junior X-Men" than their own book.

Love that current writers use them in more creative ways, sadly it felt took Marvel like 30 years or so.

Warlock is super reliant on the artist

Sienkiewicz, Art Adams, and Bret Blevins all drew a good Warlock.

But they were the junior X-men, that was the point. It was the original X-men spinoff, and still one of the best (X-calibur and X-factor vol 2 were also good).

Blonde power!

it was supposed to be the training ground for new X-Men with the idea that people would leave the main team for one reason or another

Only Magik and Cannonball ever made it to the core team

True, but the original run on volume 1 can't be held accountable for that, nor does it diminish its quality. We can blame writers only wanting to write the same old characters on X-men or rather inserting their own OC special snowflake characters books for that.

>But they were the junior X-men, that was the point.

We could argue about that, "New Mutants", not "X-Men somthing" after all. Even Xavier said something along the lines in the first issues.

But the point (my problem) is: They never really took off for themselves. It felt like they had the potential, to become their own big thing, but instead they get dumbed/played down whenever a new writer takes them on. I love the New Mutants, but they felt to much like "wasted potential" in the last 20 years or so.

The current "New Aimvengers" feel actually like what I hoped for, years ago. Add Dani for the asgardian connection, and maybe Warlock for the cosmic fun and... Wow. Let's hope Marvel doesn't fuck it up.

Karma was on the team in Astonishing X-Men. She got kidnapped and the X-Men had a huge wedding and reception instead of looking for her.

At least the artist didn't suffer from "same face".

Magma fucking sucks, dude. She's kind of a cunt and there has literally never been a good Magma storyline. Also her main love interest is fucking Empath even without emotional manipulation going on.

She's the New Mutants equivalent of Dazzler.

They were fun when Art Adams did their comics.

Warlock and Doug are basically a two for one deal at this point

Why is xman there?

Why do the original New Mutants look so perfect together. Their visual chemistry is perfect.

Blondes are the key

He became the leader at somepoint

I am on issue 38, I think.

Absolutely love Bill's artwork. Illyana is my waifu, I collected her mini-series in single issues, I think Illyana and Storm is my favorite Claremont story.

Hate constant crossovers with X-men and Beyonder and shit. New Mutants are at their best when they tell character driven stories. Demon bear, Hellions, Magik's struggle with her own nature, all good shit.

I hope that other new generations of Mutants will get same treatment of increased relevance, looking at this Roberto now it's crazy to think he'll lead fucking AIM.

It kills me that the last book she was in before hitting limbo was that shitty Fearless Defenders book where she got to be wallpaper.

Fuck you.
Dazzler is awesome.

Tell me Sup Forums, is there a better-looking youth-based superhero team? Genuinely asking btw. New Mutants' quotient in attractiveness is pretty damn high.

No.

So where the hell are all these mutants?

Sunspot and Cannonball are with AIM/New Avengers/Secret Avengers/U.S. Avengers

Magik is in that awful Extraordinary X-Men book

Dani, Karma, Magma, Cypher, and Warlock are all MIA

Wolfsbane joined the Church

>Dazzler is awesome.
Are you gay or something?

Are you not?

>that moment in Zeb Wells run where Cyke tells Sam he's a good leader

;_;
Wells run is fantastic and doesn't get talked about as much

I hate Secret Wars 2 but the fallout stuff from it in new mutants is the best. Can't express how great I find those issues

She was good I the latest x-treme

I always felt Claremont could have done a lot more with Nova Roma and her. Make them ancient Rome but with a lot of mutants and magic-say it was the result of Selene manipulating things behind the scenes. Powerful mutants and magic users make for powerful sacrifices to keep her powerful and immortal.

Now that she's gone Nova Roma becomes a small city state with its own super team. That has potential, especially if they start seeking to start the empire back up.

As for Magma herself I've always thought she could be interesting as a proud perfectionist character. She's the noble daughter of a Roman senator representing her people to the outside world. She's practically a princess.

I'd have her always be reading on the culture and history of the world. I remember Claremont mentioned in passing she had a wunderkin IQ but only used it as a plot device for her having learned English so fast.

Have her think Rahne is cool for a dirty Christian. I remember Nova Roma gave Rahne a parade because she was a wolf (Remus thing). She tries hanging out with her but it tends to go comically bad because Rahne is so reserved and sheltered and Magma is not. Have her see Illyana as a dangerous pythoness toying with forces beyond her kin. She has a hard time trusting her, she reminds her too much of Selene.

>Wolfsbane joined the church

Has any Marvel character had a worse life than her disregarding top end sufferers like Adam Warlock, Hulk, and Silver Surfer? Even Dani ended up hating her guts and she was her telepathic BFF for years.

Xi'an is right there!

>Even Dani ended up hating her guts
They made up

Dani was pissed because her best friend was fooling around with a minor she was the legal guardian of

There was a lot of Nova Roma in new mutants forever

Bunn had plans for Magma in the fearless defenders and the book got canceled, the same thing for Magneto, she´s also one of the first characters that he mentioned that he wants to use later in uncanny x-men if he has the opportunity

But he hooked up with Danger!

She was on the same team with Karma you know.

The Titans, maybe. Dick and Starfire and them