>learn two more languages
>stream of thought comes out as a garbled mess of all 4 languages

Why

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aphasia
youtu.be/1CQBn5XM13c
youtube.com/watch?v=tkKtMr5T3wE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There are concepts that are language specific, not just in the "deja vu" sense but in the sense of nuances. Even if there's a translation for a word it's usually not 100% the same thing. So you just think which words represent your ideas the best and end up with a mixed sentence.

I tend to think mostly in english, but I still mix french and german a whole fucking lot in my head

I'm losing spanish to the point I substitute german or french words.
Brade-Runna pidgen when?

i think very little in language, I imagine most autists/ADHD people here do so as well, but OP's bilingual block hits nearly every time, said it best, concepts tethered to certain words that would be lost in translation

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aphasia

>think very little in language
Ho Lee Fuk.
Literally wild.

I speak Russian, Hebrew, and English and so does most of my friends. When we talk we use simultaniously all three languages mixing not only vocabulary but also grammar.
Now if I talk to someone who doesn't know all three I feel like I'm not able to express myself as well as I usually do.

concepts are represented by images, theres some dyslexia and phonemic processing problems thrown in to, I imagine there are plenty of people here like this. Temple Grandin a famous autism advocate spoke of it a lot

>numbers
Is this the future?

Yea, no judgement.
I just find it literally fascinating and am almost embarrassed I had never read about it.

Einstein mostly thought in music. I don't know what that means or how that is even possible. But he did.

I'm thinking more in english than in portuguese lately. Why?

Time to leave Sup Forums

Translating your thoughts without effort is the ideal.

I'm bilingual, and while a lot of the time I think in abstract concepts/images (or whatever has already been said), when following a train of thought or formulating arguments etc. I tend to only do it in one of the languages, I have no idea why those thoughts are in the one language or the other, and it doesn't seem to correlate with topic or anything else (unless I'm autistically preparing myself for mundane conversations, I think most of you know what I mean)
The mind is really a weird thing.

This. I'm spending to much time here.

It deppends...

>being fully multi-lingual is bad
Very shit and baffling post.

When you first get to the point where you remember dreaming in a foreign language is pretty nuts.

My gf complains that I speak to her at night in perfect English, I never remember it.
I dreamt of speaking Spanish/German too but never actually spoke those languages whilst dreaming.

maybe this is why africa is so underdeveloped

no people here are very, very good in Arabic, poetry and literature gives them hard-ons. Its an autistic phenomenon I am trying to convey here, I don't understand why you're trying to conflate it to race

wew lad, i was only joking

I've unironically (not to meme and appear funny/edgy) had dreams where I was shouting German and spanish phrases I've heard before

Sometimes when the pressure builds up too much outside my house I do a countdown in German, "zehn, neun, acht, seiben, sechs..." and have tics where I utter insults in Urdu/German, I heard on RTL. My family finds it disturbingly weird but haven't talked to me about it

Sorry, need to re-read it next time

>tfw your thoughts are a mix of images, words, sounds, and kinesthetics depending on the subject and whatever allows me to process the information your trying to conceptualize it faster and more efficiently

I though everyone was like me in that regard desu. I'm sure it's a fascinating subject and I'll have to look into it now.

I discovered it very late, that people actually relied on language to think the majority of the time

youtu.be/1CQBn5XM13c

Temple Grandin, quite a remarkable person, talked about language being foreign to her. I think you might experience those sensory overload moments where you overhear random stuff in the distance while talking to someone, light patterns in a lot places, as well. Best of luck on all future endeavours user

>tfw bonjour my amigos, кaк euch kîsikâw?
what the fuck do I do, lads?

>Is this the future?
remember Blade Runner's Gaff?
youtube.com/watch?v=tkKtMr5T3wE

defensive degredation because you just got outsmarted by a jungle ape