Molymeme General

Stefan drops a 2h 30min truth bomb about the Fall of Rome and the modern parallels to it.

Strap in your arguments.

youtube.com/watch?v=qh7rdCYCQ_U

Other urls found in this thread:

thehistoryofrome.typepad.com/
youtu.be/MkZx0q_3rYI
youtu.be/gsK4nX0tCGQ
dancarlin.com/product/hardcore-history-death-throes-of-the-republic-series/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justa_Grata_Honoria
youtube.com/watch?v=FCqQgJ3atNU
youtube.com/watch?v=SnLR1tuqI5k
youtube.com/watch?v=-wugWj42pLI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Gospel of Simon Magus

Old news are old .

What I get is, empires don't last because generations have ideological changes, they stop working, they stop reproducing because they have no income, get more pissy to each others, and eventually the anarchists will come to revolutionize everything.

Rinse and repeat until eventually we build a weapon so massive it kills us all or we build the biggest and most massive empire it crosses to another dimension.

>Strap in your arguments
i don't see any to strap in

Interesting topic but It was too fucking long. Also, there's many factors to the fall of the Western Roman Empire, more than muh taxation, muh inflation and muh immigration although they each played a part.

If you have (lots) of time, I can't recommend enough the History of Rome podcast for an in depth look at Roman history, it's awesome.

thehistoryofrome.typepad.com/

Maybe cos ur dick is so small

I actually have them on my podcast thingy and listen to them while I'm working out. Very informative series.

He is wrong immediately because of the title.

21st century America resembles the decline of the Roman Republic before it transitioned into the Roman Empire.

The Republic's politics starkly mirror our own.

youtu.be/MkZx0q_3rYI

youtu.be/gsK4nX0tCGQ

It's pretty good. There's 182 ~20mns episodes so it takes a while.

The Dan Carlin Hardcore Histories was also great but it stops at the fall of the Roman Republic.

dancarlin.com/product/hardcore-history-death-throes-of-the-republic-series/

>2h 30m
I can't afford that. Any tl;dr?

>le we can save the west
oh you naive child..

this video is almost 2 days old. most of us have already watched this.

WHAT

Does that mean that Trump is Caesar?

Giving women power and equality is the signal of the end of every major civilization. He basically repeats this for two and a half hours.

Yea, Trump is like Caesar. In assuming that's what the video says. Well, Caesar actually helped out some of the peasants beneath him when he took over, and since I'm a selfish bastard, I'll vote Trump because America is going down the shitter one way or the other, but I think Trump could help in the short term.

Quite possibly, the way he has played the media and the GOP in his campaign mirrors Julius Caesar in many ways.

But I doubt he will be America's Augustus Caesar.

Whoever that person is, probably a child right now, could very well be the first American "Emperor".

Trump could only slow down the process or make a slight uptick, but it will go down eventually. Not in our lifetimes tho.

He refers to himself in the third person, he talks about helping the middle class (aka peasants), and he seems to speak to the uneducated. He is definitely like Caesar. But that's not necessarily a bad thing. The republic of Rome was so fucking corrupt when Caesar took over, it was going to fall anyway. Same with Trump. The empirical state of Rome just delayed the inevitable.

Too bad he didn't bring up Justa Grata Honoria, that dumb cunt pretty much invited Atilla to fuck shit up.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justa_Grata_Honoria

> Justa Grata Honoria, commonly referred to during her lifetime as Honoria, was the older sister of the Western Roman Emperor Valentinian III — famous for her plea of love and help to Attila the Hun, which led to his proclamation of his claim to rule the Western Roman Empire.

> Honoria gained a reputation with older historians of being ambitious and promiscuous, using her sexuality to advance her interests. She regarded her brother as weak and indolent.

> Her brother decided to marry Honoria to a Roman senator named Bassus Herculanus who was considered "safe" and unlikely to use this connection to seize the throne. Faced with this unwanted marriage, Honoria sought the aid of Attila the Hun. She sent the Hunnish king a plea for help – and her ring – in the spring of 450.

> For years Attila had been planning to invade Rome and Honoria's letter gave him the excuse to make his move.

JUST FUCK MY WESTERN EMPIRE UP !

And just like that, to the ignorance of the masses and the ruling class we owe the history repeating itself.

Bitches and whores.

Are there well sourced books or papers on other civilizations? Everything he has shown is about the Roman Empire, with the exception of an article by a random bloke who clearly states he's pulling his theory out of his ass.

Namely, does anybody have sources that there has always been a large influx of immigrants to the largest cities of these empires, within which they started to disintegrate? And don't tell me "it's obvious" with a plausible justification. I want sources.

>But I doubt he will be America's Augustus Caesar.
>Whoever that person is, probably a child right now, could very well be the first American "Emperor".

Holy shit...

> Whoever that person is, probably a child right now

You know who it is....

>Stefan drops a 2h 30min
So just another day.

I watched the entire thing yesterday lol.

Its actually very good. One of the only Molymeme videos where I watched the entire thing.

so that post was quoted by 2 others with a lower ID?

It'd make sense. Caesar made Augustus his son in his will. It's a shame i'll be too old to serve in the American Imperial Army by the time he comes to power.

The Bronze Age civilizations all crumbled after the appearance of the "sea peoples."

There's probably other parallels with the Assyrians but there's not really enough written record from that era.

Rome works so well too because it started as a republic, which of course mirrors the modern west.

Seems like a decent place to ask. Anyone have the picture of the refugees lying in the same place as the dead German soldier in WWII in front of the Brandenburg Gate?

i thought the guy would be an asshole, the way he is shilled on here, but as it happens, his voice is easy on the ears, and content of his videos is very accessible.

Went trolling on /leftypol/ and was surprised by the number of image reaction with Molymeme on them.

He is their Rand Paul.
Doesn't make sense to me.

>Make immensely long videos people won't watch unless they already agree with you so they can't form arguments and that's why there's no arguments to stephan

>mfw this isn't an argument

>implying this shit's not a well constructed plan pushed by the unaware henchmen

A R G U M E N T

>implying the Dems haven't already successfully hijacked the republic

Bush was the last Republican president. The US is an oligarchy.

>JUSTA

Nobody forced you to go to school, Luis.

People pre-reply to get ID's.

This guy really likes to hear himself talk. He could have summed it up in 20 minutes and that's being generous.

Barron is a cute kid but it will take a lot, and I mean a lot of checks for Barron to be the Augustus.

Trump first has to to win the election.

Then he has to change his public perception through corporate media.

Then he actually has to Make America Great Again or at least get very close and win the majority of people over to his cause.

And eventually oligarchs go tumbling down. One way or another.

That was one of his top 5 best videos to date. I might actually donate now.

>t. faggot

Summed up in 1 second.

There are some parallels.

It seems Rome declined when it ran out of rich neighbors to annex. Gaul, Egypt, Hellenistic kingdoms kept the treasury full. But then they reached the point where there were just barbarians and Parthians on their border. Parthians were not complete dumbfucks, but the return on investment for the continual border wars was not worth it.

Aww, is the third worlder upset because I insulted his role model?

>interesting topic
>it's too long for me
>if you have (lots) of time, listen to other people who are not Stefan Molyneux

>muslims finally stop blowing themselves up long enough for him to make a video not entirely about the scourge that is islam.

I really liked this video. Probably one of his best. I will be donated because of it.

God Bless you Moly.

Whatever.

The American Empire is eternal as fuck.

Kek, you've never been to Slovenia. I have faggot. It's far and away much better than the crime ridden shithole that is the 55% white USA.

>2 hours and 30 minutes

mememan has gone too far

also this

No, since it barely an insult and just a spewing meaningless criticism from someone who didn't have anything constructive nor argumentative to add.

I'd say it's you who's partial to your own post - not for its brevity, but for its pseudo-intellectual inutility masked as snark.

we're on the cusp of becoming a hispanic majority nation

youtube.com/watch?v=FCqQgJ3atNU

The legacy of Rome live with us right now. Here is how it spread...by right of CONQUEST!

> ORIGINAL ROME

> Germanic Tribes Defeat Rome - Holy Roman Empire

> France BTFO Holy Roman Empire. Napoleon new Emperor carries the Legacy of Rome.

> Brits BTFO Napoleon in Waterloo...Britain becomes the new Rome via right of Conquest.

> Nazi Germany Rises Up and BTFO UK and France. Germany carries the Legacy of Rome.

> US and Russia (mostly Russia) BTFO of Nazi Germany. USSR carries the legacy of Rome.

> USSR gets BTFO...the only remaining superpower is US. US carries the legacy of Rome.

We carry the Legacy of Rome right now. Let us do everything we can to hold on to it for as long as possible.

>white
>usa 2016

kek are you actually white?

mira este chico blanco estúpida

> FUTUIS MEAM IN STERCORE RECTUS !

If molywhatever is right, what i want to know is, how did the eastern empire survive then? Didn't the same issues plague the east as well? Or is it because they didn't have any germans raping and pillaging everything in sight like the west did?

Say that again after reading through this picture.

user is right...we carry the legacy of Rome. See:

Watch the video faggot, and he explains that. The invading armies were an afterthought, not the reason Rome fell.

No, but I have this pic of refugees desecrating Christian Serbian graves in Croatia while the Croat police sits around doping nothing,

Yeah, Moly is legit good.

> how did the eastern empire survive then?

Walls.

> Advancing along the Nišava River, the Huns next took Serdica (Sofia), Philippopolis (Plovdiv), and Arcadiopolis (Lüleburgaz). They [The Huns] encountered and destroyed a Roman army outside Constantinople but were stopped by the double walls of the Eastern capital. They defeated a second army near Callipolis

>The invading armies were an afterthought, not the reason Rome fell.
That doesn't answer my main question, why did the east survive, he didn't address that. I watched the vid yesterday, i don't remember him addressing it.

New Stefy video hot off the presses,

youtube.com/watch?v=SnLR1tuqI5k

although I find discussing the Roman Empire interesting I don't get why you people keep advertising this jew and his bullshit every week.

Daily reminder that a painting from 1968 literally titled "Rogue Roman" depicted Trump and Melania. A rogue roman.. who does that sound like?

The Wild Hunt also predicted Hitler in a painting.

>The Republic was a libertarian paradise

REEEEEEEEEE

There's quite a bit of good stuff in here, but this is presentism gone wild. This presentation is remarkably bereft of any talk of the politics or contemporary culture.

And wonderful 'free market principles!' like rampant usury and debt-mongering did quite a lot of damage as well.

>And wonderful 'free market principles!' like rampant usury and debt-mongering did quite a lot of damage as well.
Watch the entire video. He explains in quite detail how it got to that part.

You didn't even watch the video, did you.

>ends the video by dropping the bombshell that he's having difficulty with the real world application of his own bible (UPB)
>basically comes to the conclusion that only high IQ whites would be capable of his "free" society and that whites need to be proud again

Absolutely fucking based. I've always had trouble with taking Molyneux seriously when it comes to UPB and his moral ideals because I didn't believe they could be practically applied in this world. Turns out he fucking agrees with me and he's gone 100% real genuine racist. Stefan is my god and I worship him through constantly questioning the world (including him). I love you Stef.

This guy has a different theory. youtube.com/watch?v=-wugWj42pLI

>it's another fucking interview

Fucking always his worst, I can't stand to watch him hold his tongue so he doesn't piss off his guest.