quickposes.com/pages/timed
senshistock.deviantart.com/gallery/
shutterstock.com/
pinterest.com/characterdesigh/
tumblr.com/theme/39018
pastebin.com/kNR2W5mV
docs.google.com/document/d/1uwfOSHXfrgvcf--PkPz9jXL6p5RqIsrYvXYwgQpgT3k/edit#
youtube.com/watch?v=PQ0lck7oo4A
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_1.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_2.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_3.pdf
chrisoatley.com/category/podcasts/
web.archive.org/web/20140625035030/http://paperwingspodcast.com/
blambot.com/
cienciasecognicao.org/rotas/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Robert-McKee-Story.pdf
miss-melee.tumblr.com/post/143483233951/
vigormortis.co.uk/
webtoons.com/en/challenge/undead-and-uneducated/nsfw-ep-4-forgetting-what-its-like/viewer?title_no=32422&episode_no=5
bug-quest.tumblr.com/post/146863413425
junkyardheroes.com/archives/comic/chapter-1/page-1
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5m1ms7T-20iSk9kUWdVSkRId2c
cosmic-tales.tumblr.com/page/6
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Scrub Authors GOODIE Bag

Here’s a short list of sites that any new webcomic artist or writer will find handy:

>*-Struggling to find that perfect FONT? Create your own using this link;
myscriptfont.com/

>*-Don’t forget to brush up on that ANATOMY:
artists.pixelovely.com/practice-tools/figure-drawing/
quickposes.com/pages/timed

>*-What’s a list without some reference STOCK IMAGES?
People: senshistock.deviantart.com/gallery/
Scenery: shutterstock.com/

>*-Here's a big fat compilation of CHARACTER DESIGN REFERENCE:
pinterest.com/characterdesigh/

>*-Finally, here are some links to get a rough WEBSITE started up:
Easy to use tumblr webcomic theme: tumblr.com/theme/39018
Do’s and Don’ts for starting a site: pastebin.com/kNR2W5mV

>*-Here’s the contact sheet if anyone wants to put information down, like their site and webcomic:
docs.google.com/document/d/1uwfOSHXfrgvcf--PkPz9jXL6p5RqIsrYvXYwgQpgT3k/edit#

>*-We also got a SKYPE CHAT room going on,
To join the chat, seek out 'starlinemike' or 'scribblehatch' and they'll add you in.

>*-We also got a DISCORD CHAT going on,
Ask for an invite in the thread.

>Wise words from John Cleese:
youtube.com/watch?v=PQ0lck7oo4A

>Invisible Ink:
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_1.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_2.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_3.pdf

>Paper Wings
chrisoatley.com/category/podcasts/
web.archive.org/web/20140625035030/http://paperwingspodcast.com/

>Fonts for your webcomic on Blambot:
blambot.com/

>Writing Resources:
cienciasecognicao.org/rotas/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Robert-McKee-Story.pdf

>Guide to promoting your comic:
miss-melee.tumblr.com/post/143483233951/

Reposting my page from yesterday in case anybody missed it. What do you guys think?

i have only just recently gotten comfortable with the idea of shading on eyes, but THIS much shading on eyes just seems bizarre to me.

>tfw you're in the zone working on your comic when your mom disrupts your flow by making you go buy groceries

Chop chop chop.

vigormortis.co.uk/

great panel shapes

reposting from last thread, still looking for feedback, probably going to get to work on the next one tonight.
webtoons.com/en/challenge/undead-and-uneducated/nsfw-ep-4-forgetting-what-its-like/viewer?title_no=32422&episode_no=5

Changed the thumbnails AGAIN. I've been unwell so everything is taking a bit longer.

Cute!

The dialogue is ok, I guess. At the same time, your word balloons are blurry and look lazily resized. The text looks either resized, or anti aliased. The art, word balloons, text don't really mesh together at all.

The art seems sloppy, rushed, and amateurish. At least 80% of the panels are neck-up 3/4 shots, which is boring. When you're trying other shots/angles/etc they're not terrible (but not great) but I'd recommend some more variety, just for interest's sake.

I only read whatever chapter is on the main page that the link goes to. I didn't even realize the spiky haired character was a female until the end when she took off her shirt.

figured id share some stuff from lately. comic related, character design, blah blah blah, I'll throw up an unfinished page in a bit too

nice n casual.

Looking good man!

Choppin' and moppin. kick ass. what do you call those types of weapons again?

Who'd win in a fight? Charle's or Mimi's do?

for a second there i thought it was Rei from Sailor Moon. Lookin real nice. I love me some long haired girls.

Finally finished errands. time for comics. finished rendering, and tweaked the colors a little bit to really bring out the shadows and highlights. I think I'm done with this cover image. What do you guys think?

>rei
funny I thought it was asuka

Yesterday's first update page.

Sweet.

Mimi would win. Charles isn't a fighter. He's a very tender gentleman.

Cover is also looking fantastic!

>what do you call those types of weapons again
Looks like a bardiche to me. The hook on the back is a bit atypical, but the blade attaching at two points is very distinct.

maybe a bardiche mutated with a quarter-moon axe

>tfw no one will ever cosplay your characters

bug-quest.tumblr.com/post/146863413425

I keep meaning to make sure that my designs are good by putting them through multiple renditions but always end up just going with what is more-or-less the first thing that came to my mind.
It's probably because I didn't think to actually design them until a day ago. I guess it still looks kinda cool reguardless.

I remember making a design like a year ago that just had them being pure white glowing figures, which was kind of cool
i think ill go with the less goofy route

Cheers!

That'd be a bardiche.

>Just smile and wave boys... Just smile and wave...

how do you feel about furry fans?

Probably the nicest people i've met. I honestly have nothing against furries. Never been given a reason to.

>tfw no fans

I don't feel the very smooth digital style does the nature brush inking justice. Have you tried textured or textured brushes?

I have not. To be honest i'm still new to digitail color work. I'll look into some when i have a chance

>it's another Vigor Mortis drive-by post

i have a lot, i'm too poor for A/C

Gotta take advantage of stable internet while we have it.

Also: hey, you got a break last week.

yeah generally nice. sometimes utterly childish
and their art is either great, embarrassing, or both

It's going okay, I just started with mine. I'm not great with colors, so I'm learning as I go.

boars are always good! cute green-eyed auburn-haired lasses in green are also always good.
The only thing that aint great is the difficulty in establishing where the camera's facing. like, the tree he's coming out from behind is identical to the tree she's in front of, but one assumes... not the same tree. not unless it's horseshoe-shaped. and the sky and background are giving no help with that either (though i'm one to talk, i still haven't wrapped my head around the idea that the sky isn't uniform at all times and that it should be different shades in different shots to indicate direction, not time passing)

it looks pretty good so far! a random coloring tip that's been repeated here is try turning your image black and white and see if it still works- colors that are the same darkness but different colors are harder to read cause there's less contrast than you might think

It's the same tree. The tree is big and irregularly shaped. I'm glad you said it was a boar, I showed it to someone else and they had no idea what it was. I can chalk it up to them not knowing what a boar was. I'll try to fix my angles, so the reader can see the positions. Thanks.

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind when coloring.

can i get a read-through of my first chapter so far? I want to make sure things are working well.

junkyardheroes.com/archives/comic/chapter-1/page-1

Feelsposting should be a bannable offense.

why?

You've given that same excuse how many times now? You're just here to shill your shit.

Eye shading is genuinely distracting, definitely tone it down. Question mark is unnecessary, alongside the hand gestures and eyes meeting you have 3 factors at play in that panel that express alarm, becomes a little excessive. Other than that, fantastic.

Different user, I recognized that as a boar right away too.

It's annoying and gay.

but then you'd be banned too

This is a pretty quick and easy way. Just a texture(s) overlay layer.

well that's one hell of an irregular shape then but i'll take your word for it

And yet, feelsposting is still 1000 x worse.

That looks amazing user. I'll definetely look into it now. Thanks for that quick example.

At the end of the last thread, I mentioned we're workin on another issue of Pump-Action Sunset. And here's the layouts for the first 4 pages.

Today's PAS-day, tomorrow's The Sisters day.

-And here's the references from the last thread too. In case anyone missed em.

Oh no, I definitely need to fix it.

Here's the texture. Which is apparently the largest one I have so I can't post it here.

drive.google.com/open?id=0B5m1ms7T-20iSk9kUWdVSkRId2c

I like this so much more than the Sisters. I hate the Sisters, in fact. Because the worldbuilding seems lazy even for urban fantasy, and body horror is a joke, and there's too much dialogue, and the way you update it in "scenes" instead of page by page makes it feel like you didn't structure it like a comic at all but a screenplay and the artist had to shoulder the burden of adapting it to comic form, and the characters often look grotesque and not in a way that is intentional, and the dialogue often contains words and phrases that real people don't say. But this comic is really nice. It's interesting and fresh and the artist's visual style works well for it.

And I like dog costume guy.

it is. report them.

>the dialogue often contains words and phrases that real people don't say.
because you know how everyone in the world talks, right? even east coast trash
and yeah theyre grotesque but i'm prettty sure that's intentional. because they're exaggerations of features i see on real people all the time. gross people that take the bus.

>because you know how everyone in the world talks, right?
Not an argument.

kinda is

It's not, coldfusion.

Reposting my page from earlier. What do folks think?

i do really like your expressions, but i feel like your attempts to be painterly on skeleton guy's face are just distracting and feel kinda muddy. I feel like you have some value problems there, though the scene is in a dark, rather monochrome place so that might be why. the smoke could use some better blending too imo. I do like your character though.

Just a pic of Annabeth lusting over something as a little preview for the next animation.

Love your layouts, dude. The snake thrashing about in pages 2 and 3 looks great.

What happened to the apophenia comic

the guy probably wins award for slowest in the thread. he literally works on a comic for weeks

My artist has had to take quite a few days out because of family but we're still working on Apophenia

because he's lazy you mean. you're all fucking lazy and could be working much harder

i had no idea that was an artist-writer team. the two aspects go together so nicely

Not many people do know, and thank you

I believe in you /hyw/
You can do it if you pour your soul into it.
You will make it!

Can you elaborate on the value issues? I'm admittedly newer to painterly color but I wanna understand what the strengths and weaknesses of this page were in detail.

False, all who post here are doomed.

value issues are when you have too many colors that are the same or too close in darkness. so if it works in black in white it works in color.

your first panel his face's tones feel smudgy, your highlights on his face dont feel like highlights- they feel like stray brushstrokes. and while he's supposed to be all mottled and corpse-y it feels strange.

Gotcha, good notes

I think you're a hard ass faggot, but hey. That's an opinion just like yours.

WIP. Ideas for helping this page flow/read better?

>when you realize the view count for the new update is less than the number of hours you put into it

I dig the tones thing, but outlining the areas to be shaded is a very strange look.. now that's an opinion, but more objectively, the 2nd panel is a mess of facial recognition, I can't see where her face is meant to be, all I can see is the under-chin shading looking like a scritchy beard

Yeah, I started shading eyes recently as well, generally when the "camera" is closer to the characters, but it really makes them look nicer.
I just noticed the MM artist does some the same thing I do where only girls get highlights in their hair and guys don't.

I'll look at your update user. what did you make?

Just a minute ago I decided to click on a random comic from the /hyw/ list, and by chance I clicked on Magical Girl Neil. I thought the magical girl poster on Jackie's room looked weird, but just now by a bizarre coincidence I got the reference.
Pretty subtle, the best kind of reference

welcome to the threads
this is a shitposter. he does this dozens of times every thread. just report it.

Not that user, but seeing as I have 23 followers, I'd love it if you'd look at my update.
cosmic-tales.tumblr.com/page/6

Frankly, though, I'm pretty motivated by the current shit state of things.

Hey guys, I think I may be retarded, however I tried to use the tumblr web comic layout, the SWC one, and I failed. I followed every instruction and somehow it doesn't convert.

What do.

no speech bubbles.

just art and shit.

Bruh, I'm fucking loving this silver age vibe this has got going.

Thanks, and thanks for looking.

How do I maximise my attention on Tumblr, other than by interacting with other people?

i.e. tags and whatnot, how do they work

@Fuck me in my follower button.

And there you go.

Hey, I really liked it! I feel like you do action really well. However, your art has some problems. your tones get too samey and it feels like you're relying on tone and some messy hatching rather than just using solid blacks in places where it'd be appropriate.

As far as plot and flow go, it seems to be going pretty well. I understand what's going on. your most recent page has some bad spacing errors and im not sure how successful those dot tones are but. you do action really well and I'm kind of holding out for that. Is this your first comic? its pretty solid, all things considered.

apocolipse girlfriends... again!

I made my comic for fun and am always excited to work, but having a low follower base makes it a little hard to feel happy bout working.

It looks cool. I want more, user.

>tfw in zone and holding in a piss so long you start to worry about bladder infections but can't decide whether to risk it or go

Boar snout colour is too close to tree trunk colour.

Otherwise, looking good.

well that's kind of the point innit. wouldnt do for a boar to be electric yellow, everything would see him comin..

Doesn't have to be Sonichu-boar. It's just a good idea to separate the foreground from the background elements, especially when working with colour.

just sayin. if you're drawing something camouflaged, it's probably not going to stand out as much as one would ideally like when drawn in its natural habitat. thankfully the basic conceipts of typical drawing (especially outlines, flat colors, and cel shading) help a lot.

Oh, I going to show you my tumblr later.

Right now, I feel like taking a nap and junk.

Current progress

>people tell me to draw more than just shots above the shoulders, but I feel like I cant draw anything below the chest.

Been getting 100-150 readers a day for almost a week now and it feels good, but I already feel like it's either going to drop off or stagnate.

What can I do to generate discussion amongst fans? To make them want to share my comic with friends and others across the internet rather than just being another title in their pile of bookmarks?

jew it out on reddit