Bruce, I know you're doing good work and keeping Gotham safe while the rest of the country is in chaos...

>Bruce, I know you're doing good work and keeping Gotham safe while the rest of the country is in chaos, but you're hurting the president's feelings. You must be stopped.

>dat scene in Dark Knight III

Is this how it is in the comic? I gotta say for as hyped up as this story was... I didn't think it was that good.

Old Bruce coming out of retirement is cool and all but the second half of the story gets kinda silly.

>Clark, I know you're doing good work and saving the world and inspiring hope, but you're hurting Frank Miller's cynicism. You must be stopped.

Try thinking of a better reason

>Clark, I l know I love to take the law into my own hands, and brutalize people. But I'm afraid you will take the law into your hands and use your powers to brutalize people. Also, what's your mom'a name again?

And that's why God gave Frank Miller cancer.

>Clark, I know you do good work kissing Reagan's ass and betraying all your friends so you can be the only hero for America but yeah its time for it to stop

You know now that I think about all the bad shit that this version of Superman has done it kinda seems odd to see him presented as a hero in DK3

I mean hello miller you had the man heat vision green arrow's arm off

>I mean hello miller you had the man heat vision green arrow's arm off
Have you forgotten that Miller also portrays Bruce as borderline sociopathic?

>implying clark had a choice

Why wouldn't he?

(I'm going off the movie, not the comic btw)

he did it so that the government wouldn't go after the justice league

RENAME the image to the
>battle of the bulge

>>Bruce, please. This has to stop. I know you mean well but this has to stop. The world won't tolerate us anymore and frankly I've compromised myself and everything I believe in to keep you and our friends safe from the government by agreeing to work for them in secret. You need to stop this.

> Bruce, if's good you stopped the Joker from stealing all those fruit pies but for the love of God stop eating them

>Until you get those 40 cakes back from Luthor, you can shut the fuck up, Clark.

He pretty much did it so the government wouldn't mess with the other heroes. He took one for the team

>Why did you have to let Joker die? That was the last trick I had. You knew as well as I did that as soon as they thought you killed, they'd come to me.

Did Luthor ever show up in Millerverse?

Nah.

Yes, he did in The Dark Knight Strikes Again

>Clark I didn't consider the fact that even though you're an alien, you have parents, until you screamed "Martha".

Miller is all that is wrong with Batman these days.
The writing reeks for cynicism and fanboyism, to the point Batman hardly even feels human at tines, since fanboys (from writers to readers) just want him get away with anything, because he's Batman.

>dat Adam West/O'Neill 70's feel to Bruce's first TDKR costume
>dat 89 bat mobile reference in the movie
>dat Christopher Reeve poster in part 2

Yes and he did Luthor the way God intended: fat.

But the country wasn't in chaos.

>mfw TDKR story only has meaning because of the previous 50+ years of Batman and Superman stories where they were friends
>Snyder jumps right to the end
>Completely missing the fucking point in favor of some incredibly contrived and pointless fight
Bravo Snyder.

>written in 1985
>a literal actor was literally the president and faced the most aggressive ussr in 35 years
>silver age supes was only 20 years ago
>had to one up the seriousness adultness of the likes of miracleman for serious adults such as myself

2 men beat each other senseless instead of having a rational discussion. BORING. Where's the relationship drama? Where's the gossip? Why isn't Wonder Woman the main character? I believe that I speak for everyone here when I say that the biggest flaw of DKR is that it reeks of testosterone.

>superman is always holding back and pulling his punches
>batman fights until he thinks that he "won" just to prove a point
>superman is unaffected by the fight and humors batman by acting hurt
>the fight ends with batman faking an injury (the most cowardly and dishonorable thing a guy can do in a fight)
Is it me, or does Batman eat shit in TDKR?

You tried, i'll give you an aisha for your trouble

Why is Miller so insane? He puts even the most ridiculous Batman fan fiction to shame

Well Miller kind of fucked up too, I mean
How the fuck did this guy and Clark ever end up becoming friends.

>"borderline"

Why was Dick so cute in that issue, Sup Forums?

upvoted like a sir XDD

Heh

DAMN you and your LEMONADE

>Paint myself yellow YOU CAN'T STOP ME!

Couldn't Hal throw that entire block of buildings into space? I doubt Bruce and Robin made all the dirt under the building yellow. Or hell, he could just put a bubble around Bruce and suck all the air out. He doesn't have to touch him to hurt him.

>Couldn't Hal throw that entire block of buildings into space?

That and Hal isn't so bad in a fist fight himself. Not the total incompetent that Robin nearly killed.

Wasent lack of creativity a character trait of his

>Hal could easily create a pressure cannon that would beat the shit out of them

Air isn't green, cunt.

THICC

Nostalgia Critic go home

>Bruce, i've been sent by Gordon. I know The Joker's dead, but the deed still hasn't been done.

So the kingpin?

>batman
>keeping gotham safe.
keke

>Comic, i know your story is pretty straightfoward and your characters' interactions aren't too far-fetched from their standard versions for an elseworlds story... bust i must shitpost and jump on the "Miller is a cynical that never wrote anything good" bandwagon

>keeping Gotham safe
>hasn't butt fucked the Joker

>Keeping Gotham safe
safe relative to 1992 South Central Los Angeles?

Lets be honest here, everyone would rather live during the LA Riots than live in Gotham at any point in history

Yes but Hal didn't want to actually fight him

He just wanted to talk to Batman
Also he probably didn't want to hurt the 12 year old until later

Basically this. Like in The Dark Knight Returns. Superman didn't really want to fight Batman there either.

linkara gtfo

>Clark, I l know I love to take the law into my own hands, and brutalize people. But I'm afraid you will take the law into your hands and use your powers to brutalize people

Yeah, duh, isnt that the whole point of the movie? The theme of the movie is about power without checks, powerful people that answered to no one and the consequences it creates for regular people.

Batman, Superman and Lex. The three of them extremely powerful in different ways, doing what they think was best for the people, thinking themselves above the laws of the common man.

The nigger leader at the start sets pretty clearly this. And Snyder is not very subtle about it either.

Do you really feel smart for noticing the same idea that Zack Snyder tried it to hammer with all his subtlety during 3 hours of movie? Take your head out of your ass.The whole point is that you would notice that, even if you were a fucking moron, which you are according to how happy you are to show what you just noticed about the movie.

To be fair, Robin's beaten Hal in a fight before DKR. Robin's no slouch in that department.

>isnt that the whole point of the movie
In the original comic, Bruce's completely unaware of the hypocrisy and no one challenges him on it. I try to avoid assuming the main character represents the author's point of view, but Miller paints Clark as a brainwashed puppet while Bruce is the red pill whose position is justified by NOT being godlike and under someone else's control. The morality isn't really grey here. If the screenwriter muddled that up in the interest of "fairness," that's a poor method of adaptation even if I end up agreeing with it more.

He's talking about Batman v Superman, for some reason.