Japanese society and politics

Redpill me on Japan.
What about their society and politics do they not want me to know?
If it's as great as the Japanese (not the weebs) say, why are they so cripplingly depressed?
日本語で答えてもいい

Other urls found in this thread:

hellodamage.com/top/2013/02/15/the-mother-of-all-japanthropology-posts/
kotaku.com/the-world-of-japanese-husband-salaries-506417591
japan-talk.com/jt/new/okozukai
bbc.com/news/business-19674306
youtube.com/watch?v=bOvFBE66YZk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They have strict social requirements and expectations bordering the abusive and dystopian so many of the young flee into imaginary worlds and choose not to take part in society as a quiet revolution. It doesn't get better by that that large older generations are near the retirement stage.

Seems like a shithole to live in

Men are expected to give their wives their entire paycheck, from which she chooses to deduct a small amount to give him as an "allowance"

I've been there -- it's a lot nicer than here. But maybe socially that comes at a price.

This is not common

Who cares about nips politics, I wanna fuck japanese schoolgirl though

hellodamage.com/top/2013/02/15/the-mother-of-all-japanthropology-posts/

actually, it is

3 out 4 Japanese men do this

Source?

>a fucking leaf

Not him but...

You're a cuck

Modern day women act like this

Japanese feel that handshaking, hugging, and such things are exaggerate, so maybe you feel lonely and commit suicide

Bump

I spent 2 years there playing rugby before I got homesick and came back, i had a "Job" at the company who owned my team but i spent most of my time in the gym or at a Japanese language school. saw most of the country because we traveled a lot.
it's a beautiful country once you get out of the costal city belt and the south is top notch. but playing in the humidity and 30 degree weather sucks

>asks for facts
>resorts to insults
Sound like an SJW

No numbers but from all the google returns it seems pretty common.

kotaku.com/the-world-of-japanese-husband-salaries-506417591
>Japanese law does not allow joint or family accounts (only individual accounts!); so when it's said that the wife controls the money, that's exactly what it means.

japan-talk.com/jt/new/okozukai
>Japanese housewives almost always control the household budget. They ensure the family is run efficiently and that money is put away for a rainy day.
>The husband gives his pay check to his wife. In return he gets an allowance back. This allowance is known as okozukai (おこずかい).

Japanese men are the biggest cucks in this world.

bbc.com/news/business-19674306

This.
I have never heard of a company in japan that is good to work for. Even things that are considered dream jobs in the west are hellish crucibles of idiotic work hours and pressure.
I've considered the possibility of moving to japan in the future but if this doesn't change there's just no way.
Luckily I think they're about to undergo the same change as america. We both have demographics being weighed down by older generations. Those older generations hold younger generations to obsolete standards that make life hell. Once they die off japan will be much better.

>historical fact even in era of samurai
DElete this and fuck ovv

Where's the 3 out of 4 men you were talking about?
So far you've shown one man out of 67,000,000

I was watching NHK one time and there was a segment about the husband allowance, it's more common with salary men that they give their paycheck straight to the wife, but they also get another allowance from the company to spend during their mandatory drinking sessions after work.

can you not read? it says 74% of japanese households you fucking retard

that's 3/4 like I originally said

>you will never live in Super Neko World.

youtube.com/watch?v=bOvFBE66YZk

Because their women are ugly feminist

the worst part about it isn't even her controlling the finances... that would theoretically be fine, especially if you're a gaijin who doesn't want to do the taxes.

the worst part is that they stop having sex with you after they pop out a couple of kids.

it is literally expected that you both will have affairs with boyfriends and girlfriends on the side.

>Often, when married men in Japan befriend other married men, a common question might be how much one gets for okozukai. Every year, the Japanese media even reports on the average monthly pocket money Japanese husbands get from their spouses.

>"I met my wife, who is eight years older than I am, while working at a diner as a student," 35 year-old Shinya Horikawa, who works at a video game company, recently told ZakZak. "After we got married, there was a complete change. Now, of course, my salary and everything in the house is controlled (by my wife)."

>According to ZakZak, the average okozukai last year was 39,600 (US$396). That includes the husband's cell phone bill, which in Japan is usually a little over a hundred bucks. It also includes other things, such as eating out and booze or cigarettes for those who drink and smoke. What's more, if you are into video games, music, or books, well, that comes from your husband salary, too. Want a new game? Use your allowance. Want a haircut? Well, take it out of your pocket money. Need new clothes? Use your okozukai. By managing money like this, families are, on average, able to save the equivalent of over $200,000.

This shit is funny.

>why are they so cripplingly depressed?
Not enough diversity. Japan must import refugees to become more multicultural.

yeah the fuckers basically work themselves to death my "job" was basically there because the team couldn't pay me, I basically signed in went to the plant gym workout, shower, to desk, helped a sales rep with understanding English, went to school in afternoon, then training

Denmark and Canada give facts, you give insult.
Good impression of your country.

this is fucked

what is wrong with japanese men, they work themselves to death in that shit tier soulless grindfest office culture that they have and then they don't even get to keep the money that they earn? no wonder they're marrying anime pillows now

This is why you don't let your women control the fiance in the house unless it's her own money.

This explains why japan never joined glorious PC master race. Fuckers have no money.

Well if you are working 60 hours a week and losing your job in Japan pretty much means you'll never be employable again which leads to you throwing yourself in front of a train, removing stress factors and distractions like having to manage bills could be a good thing.

>tfw no docile Japanese wife to help me manage my finances

Why live?

12 hours a day is not that long compared to office work here in Poland. I expected they were doing 14 or more.

Cant the men just split their salary into their own account?

Men can. Cucks can't.

Societal standards.
Technically nobody is forcing men to do this but they would be viewed as fiscally irresponsible and selfish ("why do they not let their wife control the finances? They must be spending it on stupid shit and they know their wife will stop that")
This whole thing is really being blown out of proportion int his thread because of one fact that keeps being ignored: the same social pressures that make men give their paychecks to their wives and accept only an allowance also pressures women to take that responsibility very seriously.

Doing the same int he west is fucking unheard of because we all know those cunts would go out and buy 200 purses and 500 pairs of shoes and bankrupt the family for stupid shit. If a woman did the same in japan she would be treated like absolute trash for the rest of her life even by her own family. Her marriage would be ruined and it's likely she would never marry again.
Just read and pay attention to one fact
>By managing money like this, families are, on average, able to save the equivalent of over $200,000.
This means those wives are taking this shit very seriously and only giving themselves the same or even less allowance than the husbands.

>This means those wives are taking this shit very seriously and only giving themselves the same or even less allowance than the husbands.

Or it is just a number calculated on what men would had spend in extreme cases.

It'll probably change as more women there are forced to join the workforce.

Even if it's half that number, it's still extraordinarily high.
I, for one, envy a society where women can actually be trusted with money.

>I, for one, envy a society where women can actually be trusted with money.

That would be every western society. Some do a good job while others don't, just like in Japan in that regard.

The Japanese system is a fucked up system that has it roots in old traditions. The same stigma also prevents the women from having a career and binds them to their house, scared that their man will ever succumb because then the money stops flowing and they will be shunned.

>That would be every western society.
I see you've never been to America.
Marriage here is all about how much money the woman can steal from the man.
From prenup to alimony it's all about giving women money.

Yeah, maybe you should import them some of your blacks and hispanics so it's less of a shithole than America.

Sounds like an excuse to get cucked.

We should deport our blacks and Muslims at Japan

Kill yourself

Japan is the greatest society on Earth togheter with Iran because they have completely and utterly halted any form of modernist thinking and preserved traditional culture. The only problem The Ethnically homogenous, traditionalist Japan faces is the extremly lethal threat of americanization which would lead to a degeneration of Japanese culture. The only way for Japan to survive is to turn away from the globalist liberal-capitalist system and geopolitically re-align under the banner of Russian eurasianism