This is the most irrelevant region on the planet

This is the most irrelevant region on the planet.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KolfEhV-KiA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Australia is possibly the most liked country worldwide though

Yes, and thats the beauty of it, living in NZ must be another level of comfyness.

What is like living in Oceania, outside of Australia and NZ?

to think fiji has more people than nz

i've heard new zealand has a high teenage suicide rate because there is nothing to do.
must feel weird to be so isolated from the rest of the world.
+ with sea level rising they take in all those pacific islanders

>CROIKEY MATE
>Can I get someoddat proime boi pusse of yers..?
>We can do it in the bysh just don't step on any spoidas haha
>Thers a roight big donga in me undies mate and its getin' hoarder n hoarder hurry up mate!

This is the most relevant region on the planet since WW3 would instantly anihilate entire world except South America and Australia and the former is all nigger

What horseshit..all of those little dot islands east of Australia are rightful American dots

Having your country be relevant literally doesn't affect your quality of life unless your part of the highest class in society
The best countries to live in aren't globally relevant and the big players are basically all shitholes

Does it?

*tests nukes*
nothing personnel kid

no it only has 800k

isn't the australian gdp declining fast because of china?

KEK

Come home Shane

>(FR)
>(FR)
>(FR)

Very comfy if you want to live a simple life.

mabye, its probably more because the government has raped the ecnomy from being top shelf with the mining boom and avoiding the financial crisis and shovelled it into multi nationals that hardly pay tax and managed to mask it with an insane housing bubble and immigration driving down wages until now
i hate boomers so fucking much

>new zealand has a giant island on top of it for no reason

what did the retard who made this map mean by this?

Reminder (((they))) are trying to destroy the idea of Oceania and bundle us into asia with the slopes

What if you want a modern life?

Made me chuckle

Australia is Mexico in Asia confirmed

Do they all speak like this?

not fully but its not like you're living in a straw hut in a village its pretty westernised and most people will speak English.
Theres electricity, western cloths, (absolute shit) internet, phone reception, cars, normal houses and shit
its proper third world but hardly any violent crime

Do most people really speak English? Even in the non-touristy islands? Or PNG?

How do you live without proper internet? Do people even play video games? Is NZ more like a straw hut village?

NZ does have pretty bad mental illness and suicide rates but it is a bit more complicated than just having nothing to do.

Does it affect the whole population? Or is the problem restricted to Maoris?

Mainly Maoris and Pacific Islanders according to the statistics, followed my NZ Europeans (whites) then Asians. I'd say that Asians are so low due to the cultural taboo of mental illness mainly. Not that they don't experience it.

I'm mostly going off Tonga and a bit of Fiji because i spent quite a bit o time there
but yeah they do fuck all to cultivate tourism there and everybody speaks english
you kind of have if you want to be anything other than a root vegetable farmer
you wouldn't want to stay inside playing video games all day over there its a good 30 years behind on most things pretty much

There are a number of issues and I guess it depends on where you are and who you are. I can really only speak for the south island experience, not on ethnicity. Living in Christchurch, I think the place is a ticking time-bomb for mental health issues due to the natural disasters that hit it in 2010 and 2011. A lot of people are aging into the age-group that mental health issues do tend to fully emerge. I do think Maori and people in rural areas are at higher risk but I don't know the specifics. I grew up semi-rural so I guess that is from the isolation and lack of options. Sorry if I'm not making very articulate points, I'm day-drinking lol.

>you kind of have if you want to be anything other than a root vegetable farmer
What jobs are common there? Or industries? Also, is it easy to immigrate to Australia and NZ from the islands?
>its a good 30 years behind on most things pretty much
That sounds awful, I remember back in the 00's and early 10's we used to have a giant delay of months before things that got released in America got released in Mexico and it was the most annoying thing as a kid.

Has Christchurch still not recovered from the earthquakes?

Most of the CBD was wiped clean.

It will take another 10+ years.

I don't know how easy it is to immigrate but we do give them climate change refugee visas I believe. Lots of the Pacific Islanders where I'm from (Wellington) seem to be leftovers from the car manufacturing industry in Porirua. Obviously they never went back after the industry collapsed.

There's still extensive reconstruction, but from what I've heard the city is going to be really modern and the infrastructure will be really good. Though there is still extensive damage that hasn't been addressed, at least that was the case about a year ago. I'm not a local though.

theres fuck all industry its a giant money black hole
anybody who wants to do anything with their lifes fucks off out of there because theres isn't even a uni there and then send money back to their family who seem to lose it all, there are as many tongans outside the country as in it.
I mean its boring as fuck but its more a place hat you could retire on fuckall money and do wholesome things like gardening and carving shit and smashing kava with the boys
I lived there for about 3 months and there is literally nothing to do. it was pretty shit and the 2010 pop music playing constantly does drive you pretty insane.

There are lots of new buildings but you can still go into the CBD and see buildings that need to be demolished and empty sites that used to be buildings being ultilised as gravel carparks. A lot of the key projects are still not finished.

> That sounds awful, I remember back in the 00's and early 10's we used to have a giant delay of months before things that got released in America got released in Mexico and it was the most annoying thing as a kid.
Why did you say this, it's still a thing in Russia
I am sad now

Kek I know Samoa has a uni, it's kinda cute cause it looks like a primary school in size

What's the reason of building anything if another quake in the next 10 years will take everything down again

Completely agree
lmao dude islands

Didn't know the damage was so extensive, looks like of those pictures from Detroit, except without decay, must feel weird walking through it.
How do you qualify as a climate change refugee?>but from what I've heard the city is going to be really modern and the infrastructure will be really good.
Yeah, I guess, one of the upsides is that you'll be able to start from scratch and build lots of cool stuff. Any interesting projects?

Also, has the city not experienced depopulation or an economic downturn because of all the damage?

How about stop building cities on fault lines, fuckhead?

>then send money back to their family who seem to lose it all,
I think there is an alcoholism problem in many Pacific nations, no?
>smashing kava
What's kava?

Desu, sounds like a pretty depressing place, I imagine things must also be expensive af.

New Zealand has literally thousands of faults capable of rupturing at a magnitude of 7. New Zealand is a very tectonically active country in general. If we went and said "well, we are at risk of earthquakes here so we can't build" we wouldnt be able to live in most of the country. This excludes other geohazards. So we improve our building code to be able to weather the stresses and strains of Earthquakes. We also red-zoned a large area of CHCH, so we can't rebuild there.

I honestly have no idea. I just know it's a thing. Pacific Islanders as a collective are such a small population in the world, and have such little influence they could essentially just disappear and most of the world wouldn't realise. The hardest hit would just be NZ's construction industry, and there'd be a lot of openings for menial labour jobs

wait what the fuck is all that stuff northwest of Australia

Australia and New Zealand are the best places on earth. This thread is full of whiny American cucks.

Most of the destroyed buildings were unreinforced brick, which is useless in earthquakes.

The replacement buildings are being built from materials much more suitable for an earthquake prone environment.

I would hate to see the performance of a brick khrushchyovka in an earthquake. I lived though the Christchurch earthquakes and I always feel a bit unsettled when I'm in Russia, I am paranoid about your decaying buildings.

Tell that to Franz Josef lul.
Unfortunately a lot of faults in New Zealand are blind, so the rupture isn't discretely shown on the surface. Add to the fact that evidence of fault ruptures decay rapidly over time, and people having an attitude which does not consider the risks of there being faults near or on where they build.

it's called the philippines retard

>We also red-zoned a large area of CHCH, so we can't rebuild there.
What's going to happen to those areas? Parks?

Parks, until people forget why it was a red zone and the (((powers that be))) sell all the land off for $$$

Might as well ask that question to pretty much every single country bordering the pacific. Japan, New Zealand and Chile seem to be doing OK anyway...

I thought so but why is it squashed all the way down by Darwin or whatever

The Philippines are hardly in the South Pacific, no?

There are a couple of different competing plans, but yeah basically parks. At the moment it's a place what basically functions as a giant garden though.

It's not the Philippines, it's Indonesia, or part of it.

fuck all of this shit is way closer together than I thought

Why does everyone call Americans retards?

I'm kind of retarded right now to be fair

t. drunk

>you will never live in Tonga

>mfw Australians memorized all these names as children

>yfw Americans don't even know what countries are in the Americas

>American kids have to memorise every country in western Africa

kavas what they drank traditionally, its supposed to make you slightly high but it doesn't really accually do much you just drink litres of mudwater

indonesia is mexico and new zealand is canada
the islands are latin america

The memes are true. There's a lot of guys who speak like this. Mostly tradies and the goons lining up at centrelink

dedicated to the region in the map with love. (You)
youtu.be/KolfEhV-KiA
kek