Sup Forumsco/'s Bizarre Adventure: Slug Bait edition

Old Thread: Past Threads: pastebin.com/5pdkS7Pg
+Sup Forums Thread: boards.plus4chan.net/coc/t52034.html

MAIN TOPIC: Part 6 planning. Stand Suggestions are OPEN. Go nuts

READ THESE LINKS BEFORE CONTRIBUTING YOUR AUTISM
(ALSO, try not to suggest 1:1 copies of characters and events in JJBA)

>Canon Stand Info for the Ignorant and Forgetful
jojo.wikia.com/wiki/Stand
jojo.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Stands

>Plot summaries and character list
pastebin.com/vbD28iMx (haha fuck it this is never getting updated)

>Abilities and Stands
pastebin.com/vYTvZPFP
docs.google.com/document/d/14_R9UFLN28p0gcpJWiXHztmrhdSswFbsi9H8uhnFrIs/edit

>Every part, in order
1 - docs.google.com/document/d/1IdBYK9zXpJrDc4vAIHnRLmZpPiKyxiIkj25oOTaaeF0
2 - docs.google.com/document/d/1KA0-Y_HnU_m6V5pwZ7fEtqGMnwm43NrshzANTcCxr34
3 - docs.google.com/document/d/1hDbP7BA0XBP3_3GW0uphroYjQdcW1EW5b37w-r_lsaI
4 - docs.google.com/document/d/1zn-D4aD-cBBfpBtfTLmVM_D9C1cGPYgDYRl_CCGbnsw
5 - docs.google.com/document/d/1UNm7KLXgWF0LMxCCq3VZ3O_VJ8vEqj7d22RjnDqVIEg/edit?usp=sharing
6 - docs.google.com/document/d/1l9034tpMm4EdF1NGzisA2bCXBDvUbx_vTR69hXjp_iY/edit?usp=sharing
7 - docs.google.com/document/d/1SDhmnLrv5dtVAZx2ewx1JKTsZVoXkE8LRw-8rK2gyhQ/edit?usp=sharing
8 - docs.google.com/document/d/10wx78PDHPNMygoTbFvihjTjPF-DwP1Ced8XKT3YNzUQ/edit?usp=sharing

Sidestories - docs.google.com/document/d/1JKNelCoRNbFcSjF8vwha4zaIimnTpMBDTq-gj_GP930

>Phantom Scare: Chapter 1
pastebin.com/bsmui6f7
>Sup ForumsCo/ Comic
imgur.com/a/Un5xq

>Images
ccba.booru.org/

>Fighting Game
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0lqXHlZXEFTaFppZV96ejU5b2s&usp=sharing

>Voice Impressions
pastebin.com/DcZUTVx1

>Sup ForumsCo/ playlist:「THE SHOW MUST GO ON」
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLWEiXuZ9FOaYfU_0hIoo6qadB1yEO_Km

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wI1NIYQHyVM
youtube.com/watch?v=mdtpWufCkoY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

who's gonna be on the psych ward?

He might work better as a Scopeman though.

His stand will have to be named Adam Ant however.

Membrane and Daffy's fucked up kids were suggested.

I thought we were saving Daffy's kids for Pure Imagination?

I want Sup Forums to leave

>Plucky, walking away from the group, is confronted by Beetlejuice.
>"Hey-hey! If it isn't Plucky Duck, hero of the hour! Seriously, what ya did is seriously impressive. Defeating the Red Guy nearly single-handed?"
>"Well, I had a lot of help from my friends. Without them, I probably would've lost there."
>"Sure, sure. But even I - the one, the only [ghost with the most]" - he poses - "would have thought twice about taking him on. I dunno if that makes you really brave or really stupid, kid. Still, it turned out alright in the end, so you musta been onto something, huh?"
>"I guess so. This new [Stand] of mine helped; I don't think I would've won without it." Wayward Son manifests behind Plucky.
>Beetlejuice's features darken. "Yeah, about that. Your... "Wayward Son", didya call it?" Suddenly, he slams his arm elbow-deep into Plucky's head through his ear, which is stretched out comically.
>Plucky: "Wh-what the fuck?"
>Beetlejuice: "That's a [Remastered] Stand. They can only exist if a user gets an infusion of [STAR] energy from an outside source. So if I'm not mistaken..."
>With a yank, Beetlejuice pulls his arm - and the ghost of Daffy - out of Plucky's ear, with his fist wrapped around Daffy's neck. "You were carrying a passenger, kiddo."
>Plucky stares in shock. Daffy gulps. "Ah. Dees ees awkward."

Here's a suggestion: Ludwig von Drake, being a psychologist, is in charge of the psych ward. He doesn't have a Stand, and uses his various inventions and psychology devices to deal with and control the prisoners.
Membrane is there to work with Ludwig on the Strickland tech and as Robo-Dale's caretaker, since he knows robots.
Woody and any other Daffy kids we may or may not be using belong in Pure Imagination.

like a Hugo Strange in duck form? nice.

Sorta, though more benevolent in intent, I'd say.
He experiments on the prisoners, but he believes it's all in their best interest.

Does he think stands are a disease and is looking for a cure?

If we have Atom Ant as a Scopeman, then we can't use him for this purpose in part 6.

>He "fixes" an inmate in such a way he believes his own Stand is an hallucination

>It makes their stand all the more dangerous and unpredictable
>The Warden loves it

wow, I am way behind on these threads. just started working on the part 2 finale

just a modest suggestion that's been on my mind: at what point in Ventuo Autistico does someone say/title a chapter "I'm Up All Night To Get Plucky?"

Perhaps a chapter related to Plucky's coma, like the fight with Gideon

That's an idea that never crossed any of our mind, and if it did, you're the first to bring it up.

I think Boogie would be the most likely to say it.

>Plucky: "DAD!?"
>Beetlejuice: "Looks like it, huh? Tip to toe, that's M.E. LeTerally."
>Daffy tries to smile. "Hello, mai son."
>Plucky: "Wha - but - they said your soul was erased from existence. That you didn't leave a ghost!"
>Beetlejuice: "Yeah, that'd be a side effect of a reality rewriting Stand backfiring on you - your file doesn't get recycled, it gets blanked."
>Plucky is incredibly annoyed with Beej. "SO HOW IS HE HERE NOW?"
>Daffy: "I do not -" Beetlejuice squeezes tighter, cutting him off.
>A voice from offpanel comes. "I think I can answer that."
>Lydia is leaning on a wall behind them. "The [Dead Man's Party] may have not been able to manifest near the Warner Brothers and their workings, but we've been keeping an eye on things where we can."
>"After your father's Stand erased his identity, there must have been a few invisible traces left in the Old Country, searching for something to latch onto: the identity of [LeTerally]."
>"Though LeTerally no longer existed, a few things eventually arrived in the Old Country that they were attracted to. That atomic clone of him, created at the Looniversity... and you, his son."
>"You're your own person, Plucky, so nothing happened to you, but the clone... his identity was at once [LeTerally] and not [LeTerally]. The lingering effects of La Cucaracha must have damaged his mind, sending him into his coma."
>Plucky and Daffy are both listening intently
>"And the traces attached to you, Plucky, may have stayed latent for good if it weren't for that dream demon, Cipher, and his illusions. When he created the illusion of your father, it was an empty shell, but with his "identity". I believe that that was enough for the traces to "remember" who Daffy is, and create the ghost you see here." Plucky glances up at his father, still in Beetlejuice's grip.

>Beetlejuice blinks. "How the hell did you find out all that, Lyds?" "I have a lot of free time."
>He drops Daffy to the floor. "Alright, Duck. You can't stay up here in the overworld with your kid, you know that? There's no way that's happenin'."
>"Buuuuut... I guess you did help your son to save the world. That doesn't count for nothing. Once we get down to the Neitherworld, I'll pull some strings and get you set up comfortably. It ain't the first time I've done it - right, Courage?"
>Courage, who's halfway across the room, looks over with a confused expression
>Daffy glowers. "Verree well. I accept deez terms. But I will talk to my son, beefore I follow you."
>Beetlejuice crosses his arms. "Yeah, that's fair. You okay to go on ahead, Lyds?" "You got it." He kisses her on the cheek, and Lydia walks away. BJ backs off from the two ducks.
Aaaand follow that up with the conclusion from the doc, and I think we are finally DONE with part 5!
(Unless, like, someone wants to go and rewrite the earlier fights to be more detailed and have dialogue.)
Eyy, Sandcastles! Good to see you again.

Great!

I'm glad I didn't have to be the one to convert all the courthouse stuff into dialogue.

so my favorite idea to come from that is that Ludwig doesn't think that Stands ARE real, rather than messing with their heads. they're psychosis that causes powers/coincidence

real question is, does an ignored Stand then have to find a way to get its owner's attention with what little control it has over itself? or does it basically go berserk and become one of those wandering Stands ala Xavier the Angel

good to be back. I was out of the loop for a little while with some more commission writing/playing video games/work blocking my Google Docs for a while

then I got back to find that Waifu/Super Ocean was getting a massive overhaul on the doc, so I took a step back to let that start to blow over

I meant Atom Ant might work better as a Scopeman in part 8.

We could include Puff, the magic dragon as his Stand or as another researcher in the psych ward, mainly because Puff plays the role of a child psychologist in his own cartoon. What do you guys think?

youtube.com/watch?v=wI1NIYQHyVM

I really like this ideia about Joy, maybe she had some kind of unbreakable will/optimism, which turned to mania over time (given that she was originally the personification of an emotion, it makes sense that she has this kind of personality). Since this kind of trait creates the best Stand users, they gave her a Jawbreaker which created [SWEET EMOTION] (which is basically a scapegoat for her sorrow as a Stand) and then released her to act as a mole.

Maybe it goes berserker like Hiro bro's Stand in part 4, and while it wrecks the place, his user is in a corner with a blissful smile saying "he's not real. Everything is in my head, in my head ZOMBIE, ZOMBIE

I like that we're being careful about making the Warden's comments imply that he wants to kill the Stand users while meaning Pure Imagination, when if Araki was writing, he probably wouldn't even come up with PI until a couple of isdues before it debuted.

I can't detach from it's owner, but it might gain more independent thinking abilities if its owner suffers enough mental trauma from the treatments.

It makes me want the ward arc to end with Ludwig either dead, proven wrong, or committing himself when he begins to see stands as well.

Maybe there should be a fight with Ludwig at the end of this arc where they have to work out how to take him down without letting on to Dredd and the Warden that they were responsible?

Does "they" include Professor Pericles?

That reminds me, how long after part 5 does this take place?

Daffy had his other kids after Plucky if we do that lot, right? Or would he have had them before? Anyway, would Pericles fit n there or no? I imagine he might be too old.

Plucky would be the first born if Daffy had other kids.

The Warden started construction of his prison at the end of part 5, so probably at least four years between parts this time.
Dora was also a child at the end of part 5, so there's also that to take into consideration.

The years between parts 5 and 6 need to be enough to accommodate the construction of the prison and for Dora to age up enough to be sent there.

And Pericles is way too old to be one of Daffy's kids. He might be someone Ludwig has been trying to "help" (break) for years.

I think we retconned Xavier to just be a very confused angel

I like both ideas.

I know this is a bit obscure and technical, but would a character from Die Anstalt fit in?

It's a German game about mentally ill sentient plush toys. It had a few animated shorts online though I believe? Web toons or whatever.

Dora should either be 13-14 in part 5.

If his stand isn't a nod to a Kreigstaffen Robot then I will be most put out.

I'd call it [Master of Puppets], and it just looks like a floating set of 14 lights in a roughly humanoid shape around Pericles, these light can generate a magnetic field to form a body out of metal.

>"I had strinks, but now I'm free, zere are no strinks on me..."

So they keep him in a room deigned for Magneto, just like from his first appearance in Mystery Inc.?

How does he get out of his cage? Does he escape on his own? If he could free himself from his cage at any time, why did he wait until this point in time? What could Dora have told him that changed his perspective of the situation?

Plucky was going to be the last born, since he left Tina after Plucky was born.
I'm actually thinking that we might cut Daffy's kids other than Woody - they don't really add that much other than enhancing the "oh shit, Daffy had other kids" factor and giving Woody some underlings. Oh, and lessening the suspension of disbelief required for Woody to be Daffy's son, I guess.

>So they keep him in a room deigned for Magneto
More like they use their own super powerful electromagnet to keep him immobile by halting the movement of [Master Of Puppets].

Woody Woodpecker being crazy thinking Daffy is his mom kind of works, but I've also struggled with just what Daffy having other kids and them being in the jail actually brings to the story outside of trying to imitate Stone Ocean.

And Dora has to go in to change the newspapers.

Pericles apologies for this kind of mess and how he wouldn't have to subject her or himself to this mutual embarrassment if they'd just grant him a little more freedom.

Woody would have been traumatized and hate him though, wouldn't he?

He's crazy, who knows what he thinks.

The Dodo bird from Wackyland could also work.

Ties into the Warden being inspired by Daffy, shows what a shitbag Daffy was from the very start, shows how Plucky could have gone wrong without his mom there, links to how Dora also had a shitty villain parent, mirrors Stone Ocean. Because yeah, we're not doing full plot imitations, but we've got parallels in every part.
Woody just being crazy doesn't add much either.

Well that part of the plot is still a ways off, so there's plenty of time for someone to work that out.

Unless one of them is in the psych ward, then it becomes more of an immediate thing.

Would Professor Pyg work well as a prisoner? He's crazy enough for PI, and we never got confirmation that he died back in part 4.

Probably just a cameo. I don't really want another fight with him.

We came up with his stand before Damo appeared, then he wound up having a similar power.

I liked that game so I wouldn't mind. Maybe just as cameos, though.

>Bobby working as a therapist
>his first name Robert
youtube.com/watch?v=mdtpWufCkoY

Nice one.

Wasn't Doras mom Carmen Sandiego?

I think this fits well

>Bobby wants to be on a first name basis with his patients
>the prison staff and prisoners call him "Doctor Robert" as a joke

I like it.

Shit. I'm kind of disappointed that we managed to finish part 5 without anyone thinking of Xibalba. He would've fit there perfectly.
Hell, most of the characters from that movie would only really have fit in part 5. Pity.

>then he wound up having a similar power
damn, that's one helluva coincidence

I think the idea is that his parents were Cucaracha'd and he went nuts, believing that Daffy is his real parent

Weren't we using Sticks?

I still don't really like that. It comes off as the worst of both worlds; doesn't get the positives of , and doesn't have the benefit of letting him stand alone like making him a rando in Pure Imagination would.

The psych ward is still being worked on.
We need to figure out how it moves the story forward.

Ideally this is where Dora gets the planted (fake) info about the Warden wanting to kill all the stand users.

If anything, it'll serve as a good place for Dora to start breaking in her powers. Is she getting both footstep abilities at the same time or one after the other?

>Robodale
>Sticks
>Professor Pericles ("killed" by Dredd)
>Ludwig
>Either one or two more patients
Are probably the main things we want to cover in this arc.
We should probably have this bit less focused on kuh-razy fights and more on Stand-powered Slice of Life and the inmates dealing with their issues, especially since Dora doesn't unlock her Stand until... von Drake, I guess?
Psych ward is for the sympathetic mentally ill prisoners. Pure Imagination is for the terrifying mentally ill prisoners.

Xibalba is more recognizable as a Death God than being easily mistaken as a demon, unlike Hades. He definitely should be referenced in Part 2 though, something like having an image of him in the ruins.

Also, if I'm not wrong, there was the idea of the Sanchez Twins making a cameo background as members of the Dead Man's Party.

Squee from Johnny the Homicidal Maniac maybe?

Squee and Jonny both have stand suggestions in the docs, but they need some tweaking which I've been trying to do and they're suggested for part 7 going with the comic theme.

Woody's dad is Daffy. But he Cucaracha'd his mom. He barely survived and saw his step dad was already killed.

This makes it clear that the only reason Tina didn't get this treatment was luck.

Huh. Did you plan them as racers or a side encounter?

Xibalba as a background set piece in the fightan game.

I thought they'd be racers. He would have kidnapped Squee and unintentionally entered the race with him. I was having trouble coming up with good stands though. My ideas were Nny having a shadow entity that makes people dumb and suffer, and Squee's bear having pain reflective properties. I guess they could be better though, but I've been having trouble coming up with ways to fix them.

I'm not sure what purpose they'd play either. There would be a fight against them, but otherwise I wasn't sure what they'd do.

Given their canon, I feel they'd be a race hazard. Say one of the rest areas is located near Nny's home and he starts helping himself to some of the racers both because of some of their despicable natures and to keep the wall wet.

I approve this idea.

Eh. I never really liked the Woody as Daffy's son angle, and you're not selling me. Daffy's already influenced Warden, we don't need more Daffy wankery. Just let Woody be a freaky stand alone psycho in PI.

*standalone

>Stand Master: Mirage
>Stand: 「DESERT ROSE」
>Appearance: A cactus-like humanoid with several metallic spikes and the distinct motif of a Dervish soldier
>Ability: 「DESERT ROSE」 is a punch-ghost style Stand that bears the ability to rob 「moisture」 at a fixed rate from all objects and creatures within roughly 6 meters of the user, which is then modified into purified water within it. The collected water carries mild healing abilities if shared or the Stand can eject it out of its needles as high-pressure jets.

Power: B
Range: D
Precision: A
Durability: C
Speed: D
Developmental Potential: C

My problem with that is we made Daffy too sympathetic in 5. We need to show him as the basted he was in 3.

That was kinda why I wanted Shirley as one of his kids. Moment he quit Tina he was already deep in another girl in the same town.

Membrane and Von Drake could have interesting interactions.

>"You know Dr. Von Drake, I wish I met you years ago so you could help my poor helpless son. You would able to remove some unpleasant ideas of his insane head and put him in the right path before he put himself in trouble with the authorities over his obsession with paranormal mumbo-jumbo."

>we made Daffy too sympathetic in 5
Really? He still didn't apologize for all the shit he caused, and didn't felt any regret.

We gave him some redemption with Plucky's coma episode.

First she needs to actually notice she's doing it.

Once she notices she's leaving footprints, she'll probably immediately be able to summon the punch ghost.

There's also that bit of greentext where Suzie starts wondering if Dora's ability is merely to see stands. I'd like to use that somewhere.

I'd like the ending of the arc to be Pericles flying out of the psych ward with Dora watching, only to see him get shot by Dredd out of the air, then his body disappears when it hits the ground.

We can still put comic characters in other parts where it fits. It's been done before.

Doesbn't Johnny have the supernatural ability to evade punishment for his actions though?

I mean, this guy goes out in brood daylight eviscerating people, but no one notices. In universe I think it's because of demons or some shit. It's been a while since I read it.

Point is, I can't really see him working in a prison environment. His thing is that he can kill with no repercussions I think.

Squee might though. The universe hates him enough for him to end up inside.

>"My poor insane son."

It's funny since there was an episode (fully recorded, but never animated) where as soon as Dib stopped obsessing with Zim, Zim lost all dive to conquer the Earth and Dib was actually very good at regular science, enough so to impress his dad and make him genuinely proud of him.

But anyway, what should Penny talk to Dora about when they meet? The agent (TBA, just needs to be someone tiny, but preferably someone who saves people) who spoke with Dora unofficially in solitary briefed her on the conversation she'd be having beforehand so she'd know what responses to give to indicate that she accepts the terms, but we haven't worked out what that conversation should entail since the whole thing is being tapped.

bump.

Perhaps she readed about how Dora was thrown into jail without a trial. This added up with her distrust at the whole idea of building the prison in the first place, how Interpol has no info about the Warden and the continuous disappearance of inmates that are Stand users.

bump.

Who?

I like this.

Similarly, should we include a El Tigre villain in part 6 too? I sorta want a Spanish speaking fight here. I was thinking of making a stand suggestion for El Oso, but I'll wait to post it in the morning.

I just had a great idea for something that should happen when Wizard Daffy enters the race, his name gets announced...and then we cut to the underworld where we get this exchange.

>"Is that you?"
>"Nyet, all of myself was deestroyed during Carolina in de mornink. Beside, I would neffer wear somethink that stupid."

the irony there is that daffy still looks like Leterally, M.E.

I dunno. I'd kind of like to leave it ambiguous as to whether that actually is LeTerally or not, at least until the characters work it out.

Nah, that'd be better served as an off panel joke after Nobody figures out that Wizard is neither Danger nor LeTerally.

I'm wondering if maybe Penny should fuck things about with Technologic to let her talk to Dora more openly. It'd be pretty hard to write an entirely coded conversation that'd be interesting enough to properly advance the plot.

If the Warden sees her use [Technologic], odds are he won't be letting her leave the prison.

And it's a bit too soon for Penny to be captured.

Yeah, I meant that she'd secretly use Technologic to futz out the internals of whatever she's talking to Dora through, stopping the Warden from listening in.

Right, it lets her understand how any piece of technology works and repair it.

I keep forgetting it has that functionality since we never made much (if any) use of it in part 4, just the "punch things with it enough times and they'll disassemble" power.

So she can break the surveillance systems, have her conversation with Dora, and repair everything before security storms in.

Does anyone remember what Cindy Vortex's Stand ended up being? It's not in the doc and doesn't seem to show up at all in the fight description.

Turns your thoughts against you like the Ghostbusters "choose the method of your destruction" thing. Only the thing your brain picks is only powerful against you and no one else.

Do it mang.

Dora should be slow in developing her Stand

So slow a lot of people think all she does is see stands.

Okay. So, Suzie gets assigned to the psych ward for some reason - probably excess creeping - and does the thing where she determines that Dora must just be able to see Stands.
Eventually Dora realises that she's leaving the footprints, and thinks "Is this... a Stand power?"
Then in the fight at the conclusion of the psych ward arc, she summons These Boots for the first time to deliver an ass kicking.

He owned up to too much in death. He played it off too "sure I did bad shit. But it's ok now right? I was crazy yknow?"

Having Woody be so damaged by him makes it work a bit towards working again.

Maybe Woody was the kid who wrote "Being Other People". When the Warden got his hands on him and brought back the trauma, it ptonally fucked him up fierce.

I like it

She gets assigned there because she kept following Dora around (red footprints).

I don't think she should discover the blue footprints until the excavation. Those make her significantly more powerful as a stand user and if the Warden found out about them as soon as she developed them, he'd be sending her off to play horrible games in PI much sooner than we currently have planned.

I almost want to use Shirley and Gogo as his kids, but that'd make Woody out of place.