Molyneux has created a masterpiece

youtube.com/watch?v=qh7rdCYCQ_U

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n7ZmmIetI5o
board.freedomainradio.com/topic/47949-youtube-the-truth-about-the-fall-of-rome-modern-parallels/
wesley.nnu.edu/wesleyctr/books/1001-1100/HDM1028.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stefan_Molyneux
youtube.com/watch?v=3Ha4ea53UGI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>tfw I watched all of it

Watched it all the other night too. P good.

He generalized his point to all other historical civilizations but he has no sources for that...

I also watched this video in full.
one of the few that I have done for this channel. It was really great stuff.

I just finished watching it desus.

It felt like discovering the key to understanding our civilization.. something like this youtube.com/watch?v=n7ZmmIetI5o

What did you get from it?

noice

>2h 28m

You must watch it, Goth.

Reminded me of the fate of empires by john glubb

If you enjoy the subject it shouldn't matter how long it is. All the more juicy information to learn and absorb.

Actually how about you go watch some fucking vsauce you underdeveloped muslim child

Its actually longer than Suicide Squad is.

I posted this yesterday.

To summarize it, here's why Stefan thinks Rome fell.

-Large amounts of slave labor (parallel to modern outsourcing and Mexican/Islamic/H1B importation of labor)
-Multiculturalism
-Diminishing value of the Drachma, silver content reduced. Massive inflation.
-Lack of further military expansion. More bureaucracy.
-Huge welfare state, "bread and circuses." Farmers no longer want to work, and instead move to the cities to live on welfare.

>Reminded me of the fate of empires by john glubb

It's in his sources for the video bro, he did a hell of a lot of reading for it.

board.freedomainradio.com/topic/47949-youtube-the-truth-about-the-fall-of-rome-modern-parallels/

Some good points you bring up, but there are also some nice little additions such as how females and their positions in society were similar to today.

It was a good vid, but disappointing he pulled muh inflation instead of going into detail on the varying exchange rates between Gold and Silver and the the way that influenced the decline of the state

Didn't he go into how the exchange rate for denarius (Roman silver currency that was gradually diluted) to gold changed as time went on?

That was the value of the currency, as dictated by gresham's law, not the value of the metal itself

>2.5 hours

Ah I see, but wouldn't the value of the raw metal be at least very similar to the value of the currency?

I could see the currency form of gold and silver being worth a bit more than the raw form of gold and silver as it has the stamp of approval from the Roman state (you know it is authentic), but I would think the value would be quite similar.

Kind of like an American gold Eagle compared to raw gold of the same purity, the Eagle will tend to be a bit above spot price, but it will at least be similar to the raw gold.

Don't play it in the background behind your vidya, now!

Just listen on your phone at 1.5 or 2x while working out or commuting. Nobody is asking you to stare into Molyneux's eyes for 2 hours

>2.5h

I will watch the shit out of this and I will love it but no normie is ever going to sit through all of this, or even more than 10min.

It's sad but short videos like the ones of paul joseph watson are the only kind of videos that might ever work on them.

Instead of watching LotR for the 47th time, watch the op video instead, you fucking nerd.

I fucking love Stefan

How come Stefanie won't run for Prime Minister?

FFOOOOOOCCUUUUSSSSS

Memeneux keeps getting better

Either listen to it in a commute
OR
Pick a vidya you've played the most and is very slow paced or turn based, so it doesn't take up mental resources.
OR
Just fucking watch it.

It's wrong findamentally.

America literally has no borders with people stronger than them, America is like Egypt.

Egypt was an island in the desert with a native problem in the south.

America is an island in the sea, with a native problem in the south.

Rome was bordering multiple people who were stronger than them often in battle.

America can literally nuke the whole plant into the stone age.

Rome was literally nearly defeated by numerous peoples from the empires inception.

His analogy is wrong and caters to Americans who wish to believe they are like Rome and Greece because of their Frat Cultures.

He is not just talking about America though? But rather Western/European civilization as a whole. Of course America is the most significant single country though.

Why don't things like this have any kind of focus? Why does it take 5 minutes to say nothing, when it could be said in 2-3 concise sentences?

Just watched the first 5 mins and literally all he says is

We're going to compare the fall of civilizations, starting with Rome, to our current situation. I am not going to go in chronological order, because we are seeking wisdom, not knowledge.

This, any Stefan video is just an exercise in sophistry and confirmation bias.

>HEY IT'S NOT 1:1 THE SAME THEREFORE IT'S WRONG

An argument that is, which is not.

Watched this whole thing
>Every leftist academic since 1960 on suicide watch

Its honestly pretty good

He's fundamentally wrong, Molyneux is a meme philosopher who is merely hopping onto the bandwagon.

This is nothing but a 2 hour exercise in larping.

WRONG IS WRONG IS WRONG

His videos are a mixture of a planned structured script/presentation and improvising some monologues along the general stride of the production, this can lead to perhaps some slightly too long parts but also some great spontaneous thoughts.

You're retarded

Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to listening to it while hiking, it would be great if Dan Carlin also delivers his next Hardcore History soon too.

Name one thing in the universe that isn't LARPing

I think you confused the word 'retarded' with 'correct'.

double speed it

a fucking potato

Your initial comment ()
was entirely based around the false notion Stefan was only talking about America.

>WRONG IS WRONG IS WRONG

Go home Paddy, YOU ARE DRUNK.

>memeneux

Low brow faggot

tuck into this

wesley.nnu.edu/wesleyctr/books/1001-1100/HDM1028.pdf

That is something someone retarded would say

>Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to listening to it

And you haven't even listened to it, yet you write this comment and then feel you have the right to write this comment . What a joke.

I'm correct though, aren't I?

> Egypt no neighbour that is stronger
what is Babylon.

does he make any conclusions at the end ? i watched like half of it and it was basically just like manipulating monetary policy for political gains is bad and high taxes are bad.

>>memeneux
>Low brow faggot
>tuck into this
>wesley.nnu.edu/wesleyctr/books/1001-1100/HDM1028.pdf

Gibbon is one of his top sources for the video.

no you're retarded

You're acting like Stephan.

>I'm correct though, aren't I?

No you are not, he is not just talking about America either.

That is late Egypt, early Egypt collapsed because of race mixing.

Egypt collapsed upon itself several times, just like the US is feared to, whereas Rome constantly had climatic wars from its inception.

I am Norman Irish.

Will you faggots stop being so lead by the nose? Christ it's not even challenging to shitpost anymore.

no, and Molymeme touched on that with the gradual dilution of silver from the coinage. the problem is that his frames this as a problem of the state

the vast majority of human history, the exchange rate for silver to gold was about ~12 to 1, whereas in India the exchange was about ~6 to 1. This meant that anyone who brought European Silver to India would get a profit of roughly 200%, and is a good deal why India was the UK's crown jewel colony and why they also had issues with Silver depreciation.

But since merchants in the medieval era couldn't sail around Africa or the America's, whoever controlled the middle east controlled trade and thus made huge profits. Venice is a great example of this, and it shows why they and the Ottomans declined in power after circumnavigation.

Rome had a problem with Silver draining from the country to the east, and the State regulations and whatnot were desperate attempts to fix that problem. They even banned the use of silver in Egypt at one point

Actually, he requested that people actively watch that video. It's the only one I've seen him do it for.

>Don't wanna stare at him all afternoon
>Don't wanna disrespect him
>Haven't watched it

I'll watch it this weekend I think.

NOT AN ARGUMENT!

I started off listening to it whilst playing a game lol, but as it went on I became more and more focused on the video until I watch it on it's own.

Who the fuck hasn't read Gibbon?

If your answer is no, you should kill yourself. I feel like this video isn't going to tell me anything new.

>Gibbon is one of his top sources for the video.

And yet he does such a piss-poor, ideology-tainted job of interpreting Gibbon. Maybe you wanna turn off the youtube videos for a month or two and read a book.

Check out the other sources for the video to see if it includes stuff you haven't seen before I guess. You also have Stefan's unique touch to the presentation with his thoughts etc of course.

Your comment is just a load of bullshit intellectual posturing essentially.

True enough, read Gibbons sources as well as Parallel Lives. I have to watch it anyway, anything Roman or Greek related triggers my amateur historian autism.

Who the fuck has the time to watch any of his videos? They're all like an hour long

He has a M.A. in History from toronto which makes him a qualified expert. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stefan_Molyneux

If experts can't give their opinion on history, then who the fuck can?

It was so good watching it all, I missed some bits because I was doing anki cards whilst listening but it was good

Worth every second m80.

I know you didn't ask me. But basically we're fucked!

>2h28min

very good video, I watched it all as soon as it came out. His explanation for the barbarians being called that is pretty retarded though. It's derived from a similar greek word for foreigner.

kek
Molyjew BTFO

the butthurt in here is glorious

>2hrs

wtf is this video....

Woowee, are you all drunk in Ireland then?

Molyjew is from Ireland.

>He has a M.A. in History from toronto which makes him a qualified expert

appeal to authority my dude

Watch/listen to it once at least before watching Stefan's video, and then watch it once more after watching all of Stefan's video essentially.

Can someone help me? Which video is this from?

Who did Rome border that was stronger than them?

>Rome fell because of civil wars
>A long line of incompetent leaders
>A split withing the populace produced by differing ideologies "Pagan/christian"

The final nail in the coffin were caused by three factions in particular which Rome could of wiped out easily if they were united.

The Goths
The Huns
The Vandals who occupied Carthage and cut off Romes grain supply and ended up sacking Rome after they were exhausted with fighting against the Huns.

None of those three peoples could of defeated Rome by themselves if Eastern and Western legions were united under on banner.

He literally starts the video by saying not to be doing anything else during it's playback, my dude.

I did all of that please enlighten me what this video mean for you

What? The only time egypt was not at war for a long period of time was when the Greeks took over Alexandria and after that when the Romans took it over.
Early egypt collapsed for a short while because they were invaded by Greeks while at the same time already being at war with their neighbors.

Egypt was contently at war

An M.A. doesn't make him exempt from providing sources, and even a Ph.D. wouldn't make him an authority on ALL HISTORICAL MATTERS - only perhaps his area of specialization - but....

He doesn't really need to provide sources for that incidental claim because it's tangential to pretty much the entire content of his presentation about Rome. If his presentation were about commonalities between more than just Rome and America, then maybe he should have elaborated, but it's fine as it is. It's like saying "My topic has broad-reaching implications, but I'm only going to focus on one of them for this presentation."

youtube.com/watch?v=3Ha4ea53UGI

He actually did it the absolute madman haha

could have*

Is this his magnum opus?

>Deefooing
>Getting his wife reprimanded at her job.
>Emotional outbursts sometimes boarding on Glen Beck tier!

It's not an arguement but, if you ask me Mollyfags are as deranged as $hillary fags.

im paying attention, no worries i get the gist of it

>What did you get from it?
Rome's fall wasn't just about the barbarians at the gates. Rome had been in decline for hundreds of years leading up to that point, with hegemonic rulers who grabbed at power and were incredibly incompetent at ruling, the currency being devalued endless times until it was worth so little that taxes had to be paid in goods, failed multiculturalism and the importation of non-Romans into the empire who never fully integrated, Rome becoming a welfare state, excessive taxation to pay for failed government programs, citizenship granted for the wrong reasons, and basically most of the same reasons why America and modern Western Civilization is in decline.