/éire/

Anchovy edition.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/m2_zmbeUHoA
archive.fo/MsOYz
irishcentral.com/news/irishvoice/irish-catholicism-dying-no-priests-mass
irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/religion-and-beliefs/mass-attendance-in-dublin-to-drop-by-one-third-by-2030-1.2504351
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

RULE, BRITANNIA!

First in defense of Irish youths

youtu.be/m2_zmbeUHoA

Stomach hurts and I'm feeling a bit sick.

Ate 2 cream eggs and 2 caramel eggs last night.

DUCE DUCE DUCE

So what are you lads doing today? I'm going to play some Wipeout Omega Collection and Killer7, and maybe Yakuza 4.

Normie stuff that wouldn't interest you I'm afraid

>Wipeout
I remember that from back in the day
>Yakuza4
Didn't know that the older games were translated desu
How do you like it?

>Didn't know that the older games were translated desu
Y1 had quite an infamous English dub, Mark Hamill's great performance as Majima really contrasted with the terrible acting of everyone else. Every other Yakuza game since then has been localised with Japanese voices and English subtitles, except for some spinoffs that likely won't come out in English at all.
>How do you like it?
Well I haven't actually started 4 yet. I've kind of been spoiled for the twist and it sounds ridiculous. I've liked the other Yakuza games I've played so far, so it should be a good experience.

Playing life is strange: before the storm, will watch the rugby soon and maybe watch some anime later.

>Yakuza 4
I'll be starting into Yakuza 0 in the next few weeks when I'm finished other things, looking forward to it!

>Normie stuff that wouldn't interest you I'm afraid
Go on...

Might go for a walk later if the weather stays nice.

Put oil and water in my car. Then play rust all day and get high. About the height of it really.
>Normie stuff that wouldn't interest you I'm afraid
Tell us.
I went for a walk last week but I have shit shoes that cut my two heels so bad they bled so now I don't want to go for a walk anymore.
Besides the weather is dire. Too wet and windy.

>will watch the rugby soon
Who's playing, Ulster?

>play rust all day
Do you play by yourself? Remember to post screens of your base.

>Do you play by yourself? Remember to post screens of your base.
No with irl friends and non-irl irish friends. Here is a picture of our old base from a few months ago.
I'll take a picture of my current house later.
>inb4 people i play with browse here and recognise me.

>screenshot
Not bad desu. I put an up an Irish flag on a base in Rust before but then a load of British people came and tore it down.
I haven't played the game in a year or two, but what are the purpose of those spotlights? See any would be attackers in the night?
Do you guys get raided and broken into fairly regularly?

Ulster and La Rochelle. Expecting Ulster to lose

I play on a PVE server with hostile NPC's and regular world events happening.
The spotlights are for nothing more than aesthetics.

>play on a PVE server with hostile NPC's
Didn't know such things existed.
Are the NPCs challenging to fight against? Do they attack your base?

>Are the NPCs challenging to fight against? Do they attack your base?
Yes unless you're geared well and have good guns, even still they can fuck you up very fast unless you're careful.
Mutants are poorly armed but will hurt you a lot if you let them get near you.
Scientists are quite aggressive too and much better armed. Those are just server side mods and not generally in official servers.
The hardest though is the helicopter and tank.
They pretty much insta kill you unless you have well co-ordinated plan and a few people well geared with nearby respawn points.
No they don't attack your base except for the helicopter if it spots you or you aggro it. Generally you can just hide from it.

We basically outnumber the brits on the server. Most of them are like 15 year olds anyway so they don't do much against us.

Impatiently waiting until its dinner time.

archive.fo/MsOYz
>Atheist Ireland calls for bibles to be removed from referendum polling stations
Atheists up to no good again.

>In all elections and referendums they are for people to swear confirmation of identity
Don't remember ever having to do this?

>bibles in polling stations
This is a thing?

There was also an article about how polling stations should be in non religious venues.

I didn't even know they were in places like churches. Around here it's in the local primary school hall.

Funnily enough the same people who moan and complain about atheists or whatever are the same kind of people I heard texting into matt cooper during the week offended over a muslim girl wearing a hijab in a secondary school.

While I do agree that there should be absolutely no religious garments or icons in schools, including muslim and catholic alike, I think some catholics are just all over the place in what they think should and should not apply to them. Just scapegoating their political beliefs,

>>I didn't even know they were in places like churches
I don't think polling stations are located in churches, but they are often held in venues such as parish halls.

>I didn't even know they were in places like churches. Around here it's in the local primary school hall.
Same here. I can't imagine how far out of the way you'd have to be where a church is the only building you could hold a vote in.

>Funnily enough the same people who moan and complain about atheists or whatever are the same kind of people I heard texting into matt cooper during the week offended over a muslim girl wearing a hijab in a secondary school.
That doesn't seem contradictory though. They're pro-Catholic not pro-all-religions.

>While I do agree that there should be absolutely no religious garments or icons in schools, including muslim and catholic alike
Let's not carried away here, there is nothing wrong with coming to school in a bishop's hat.

>While I do agree that there should be absolutely no religious garments or icons in schools, including muslim and catholic alike, I think some catholics are just all over the place in what they think should and should not apply to them. Just scapegoating their political beliefs,
Agree.

>While I do agree that there should be absolutely no religious garments or icons in schools, including muslim and catholic alike
But the Catholic Church built many of the schools in question.

>I think some catholics are just all over the place in what they think should and should not apply to them
Well Ireland is still a Catholic country. That's a statistical fact. Anybody who claims otherwise is pushing an agenda.

If there's a conflict of interest in the ownership then polling stations shouldn't be held in these venues.

>then polling stations shouldn't be held in these venues.
Why not? In many rural towns and villages, the local parish hall is the only place where polling can feasibly be held.

>Well Ireland is still a Catholic country. That's a statistical fact.
I put myself down as a Catholic in the census, haven't gone to mass aside from funerals and weddings in a few years and don't really believe in a God or there being any place we go to after we die.
Am I a Catholic?

>Well Ireland is still a Catholic country. That's a statistical fact. Anybody who claims otherwise is pushing an agenda.
Won't be for much long. There's not many people in this country who aren't elderly that are seriously catholic.
The ones who are, generally lead a hypocritical lifestyle or are meme catholics that just do it because thats what they were told to do by their parents and school as they grew up.
Then you have the extremist catholics from those weird families that force them into the likes of youth defence

>Am I a Catholic?
Statistically, yes.

>The ones who are, generally lead a hypocritical lifestyle or are meme catholics that just do it because thats what they were told to do by their parents and school as they grew up.
>young people can't have serious religious beliefs
Bit on a generalisation there.

Lapsed Catholic. If you really felt you weren't one then you wouldn't have put it down on the census.

The number of practicing Catholics in this country is a small minority these days as you well know. People tick a box as they were baptised and educated as children in that environment, not because they believe in or observe the teachings.
>Anybody who disagrees with me is pushing an agenda
Fuck off with this shit

I'm not saying they can't. I'm saying the majority aren't religious or particularly care or lead a catholic lifestyle.

>There's not many people in this country who aren't elderly that are seriously catholic

>Fuck off with this shit
user, anybody who willfully disagrees with hard statistics is pushing an agenda. As long as Irish people continue to put "Catholic" as their religion on the census, you can't argue that Ireland (on paper at least) is not a Catholic country.

I'd forgotten about the Poles. Some of them put Irish Catholics to shame.

I've never liked the way the far right online defend and promote religion despite a) not practicing religion themselves and b) not believing in a god
As if it's some kind of shield to use to hate on the groups they don't like which is in direct contradiction to actual religious values. It's disgusting and disingenuous.

If you're going to call somebody out in this thread, don't be passive aggressive about it.

ok frogweeb, keep telling yourself Ireland is a pious catholic nation. We've been through this before so I'm not rising to this bait again.

I don't think he's calling anybody out. How could he? We're all anonymous.

Way to not read the post.

>If you really felt you weren't one then you wouldn't have put it down on the census
I've quite possibly become more disillusioned with the whole thing in the last year or two, and probably won't put myself down as one again in the census.
I'm almost certainly not going to have some sort of epiphany and start believing in God and heaven and all that again. Very few do.

Got a bit of a grudge there, have you?

It wasn't directed at anyone in particular, it's just a common trait of Sup Forums types and far rights across the internet to use religion as a vehicle for their agenda without ever practicing or believing in it.

Maybe I do. I'm just taking the piss out of our resident catholic fedora tipper.

>As long as Irish people continue to put "Catholic" as their religion on the census, you can't argue that Ireland (on paper at least) is not a Catholic country
Most people see it as a cultural marker though and an indication of them being Irish. Same with saying one can speak a bit of Irish.
It doesn't represent people's actual beliefs, as we've seen with gay marriage passing and possibly abortion in a few months time.

>resident catholic fedora tipper.
That doesn't make any sense.

>catholic fedora tipper
Fucking newfags don't even know the memes they spout.

>it's a fighting and debate edition of /éire/

Juni's on his period again.

Statistics are open to interpretation. People who are baptised, attended a catholic school and identify as catholic on the census as a result despite leading a secular lifestyle (I would argue this is the majority of the population) are people you consider Catholic for the purposes of justifying actions which only relate to practicing Christians. It doesn't add up and I don't really care for another discussion with you beating that "Ireland is a catholic nation" drum because of a single statistic with an open interpretation.

Catholics clutching at straws again.

>people accusing me of being right wing

>Statistics are open to interpretation
Right and these statistics are secondary to your opinions and anecdotal evidence?

Thank you for typing up exactly what was on my mind. Now I can rest my fingers in peace.

>because of a single statistic with an open interpretation.
The source of that single statistic being the census, which is the most important and comprehensive source of household data in the country.

It's not anecdotal

irishcentral.com/news/irishvoice/irish-catholicism-dying-no-priests-mass
irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/religion-and-beliefs/mass-attendance-in-dublin-to-drop-by-one-third-by-2030-1.2504351

>Weekly Mass attendance levels in Dublin are currently put at 20-22 per cent (of the population)

In my rural parish they've slashed the amount of masses in half nearly. They have saturday night mass now and no sunday mass.
The amount of priests has fallen too and the few remaining once that haven't died yet are covering a large area and more churches.
They've even got one black priest from africa over.
Top kek

Very sad. A core part of Irish culture is dying and unsurprisingly the left are celebrating it.

It's about time we move on from our oppressive and dark past, user.

It's taken me this long to discover the Switch has a working touchscreen.

It's more because of the laundries, child abuse and cover ups that people are celebrating.

My parents say similar, also that the congregation is now very old. They no longer see young families attending with kids like they used to.

Some of us like the repression.

Seriously though, people seem all too eager to celebrate the decline of the Catholic Church in Ireland without considering the void it is going to leave behind. This ignorance is particularly common among Dubs as they have no appreciation for how important the Church typically was in rural communities. Up until surprisingly recently, the Church had a huge role in most aspects of rural life, for better or for worse. With rural communities dying in recent decades, the Church was often one of the few things holding the community together. Without it, I personally believe that the decline of rural Ireland will accelerate.

Pretty much, the social aspect was always more important than the doctrine. Now people might only have two neighbours and they still don't speak to them.

There can be secular organisations that aid rural communities though. Like the GAA.

But I think rural Ireland is done for regardless, the last couple of FG governments have really done a number on rural communities by shutting down post offices, garda stations along with drink driving laws, poor broadband rollout and the continued focus on big cities for employment.

>Now people might only have two neighbours and they still don't speak to them.
The only people I know that have regular contact with their neighbours are all over 60 years old. I have friends and relatives who live in housing estates and rural houses in close proximity, but they have no idea who is living next door to them other than that they are a "young couple" or an "old woman". Rural Ireland is fucked and it's quite sad.

>There can be secular organisations that aid rural communities though. Like the GAA.
The GAA can only do so much as you have to be actively involved in it to derive any sense of community. Not all GAA fans are actively invovled with their local club and not all people are into sport/GAA. That was the main advantage the Catholic Church had back in the day: everybody was Catholic and everybody went to mass/parish events (generally speaking).

It's keeping the thread alive at least.

/marbh/ >>> /droch/

translation please.

I disagree. Other generals on Sup Forums are often sustained by fighting and arguments.

Not fond of this meme.

/dead/ >>> /bad/

Who cares about other generals? We should like having a good thread more than doing what others are doing. I see no value to keeping a thread alive if it's only to fuel petty arguments and shitposts.

a dead thread is better than a bad thread

Sup Forums seems pretty divided over this. There seems to be a lot of very divisive shows airing this season (moreso than usual at least).

I think they were more heated arguments than petty or shitposting

Yeah, at least it was relevant to a change that Irish society us undergoing. Should /éire/ not be for the discussion of such issues?

Thanks.
Not a meme. I don't speak a word of Irish.

>Sup Forums seems pretty divided over this
It's a Trigger show, that's to be expected. Half will say it's saving anime, the other half to call it terrible and continue having that argument until the end of time. Can't wait until a few months from now for the last episode to flood the catalogue.

The same shit will happen on /m/ while it's airing but as soon as it ends the entire board will unite in calling it overrated trash.

For things like this you should just Google Translate it. It won't give a proper translation for full sentences but single words should be fine.

>It's a Trigger show, that's to be expected
Although I haven't watched the first episode yet, from what Sup Forums said it's pretty generic so far.

The accompanying manga is lewd as fuck though.

I know yeah but I want to trigger people.

Why though?

idk.

Translation?

Meanwhile in Mallow

I thought they fixed the flooding problem in Mallow?

>laughing_Donegal_man.jpg

Donegal won't be forgetting their tragedy over the summer that quickly.

Does anybody else spend practically all of their free time sitting at a computer? Even for meals?
What does your family think?
Are you ashamed of yourself?

>spend practically all of their free time sitting at a computer
Yes.
>Even for meals
No.
>Are you ashamed of yourself
Not really.

What do you do for meals then?

>What do you do for meals then
Eat at a table, with or without the family.