Shelf/recent purchases thread

New Marvel amazon fish
>Daredevil by Mark Waid Omnibus Vol. 1
>Guardians of the Galaxy Classic by Jim Valentino Omnibus
>Uncanny Inhumans Vol. 1 (OHC)
>Wolverine vs. The Punisher
>Wolverine vs. Deadpool
>New Mutants Epic Collection: Renewal
>All-New, All-Different Avengers Vol. 1 (OHC)
>Deadpool: The Adamantium Collection
>Shang-Chi: Master of Kung-Fu Omnibus Vol. 3
>New Avengers by Brian Michael Bendis: The Complete Collection Vol. 3
>Excalibur Epic Collection: The Sword is Drawn
>Cloak and Dagger: Lost and Found
>Avengers: The Initiative - The Complete Collection Vol. 2

DC shit
>Batman: Knightfall Omnibus Vol. 1

Image shit
>Alex + ADA: The Complete Collection HC
> The Fade Out HC

Other urls found in this thread:

edelweiss.abovethetreeline.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Valentino GOTG omnibus

Oh hell yeah, now I don't have to get the trades. Now I just hope they collect all the pre-ongoing appearances as an omni too.

My July order, it shipped two days ago so I should get it soon. Not shown is All-New Ghost Rider and the War the Time Forgot.

>>Daredevil by Mark Waid Omnibus Vol. 1
When is that supposed to be available?

Sometime in 2017

And take off your name

Recent Orders:
>>Batman: The Black Glove Deluxe Edition
>>Batman: R.I.P.
>>Final Crisis
>>Batman: Time and the Batman

Ever since the new logo reveal, I've been focusing on the DC stuff I've been holding off on to avoid getting a mishmash of logos on the shelf. This should just about finish my currently in-print New-52 and DCYou purchases. Only thing missing is Valentine's second volume of Catwoman, which I'm getting next week and the first volume of DCYou Dr. Fate, which I've been on the fence about.
Hurr durr Batgirl and Black Canary yeah, yeah. I have two nieces and I'm the cool uncle with comics and cartoons they like to hang out with. Both are good young girl volumes.

March next year

His run will probably be split in to two omnibuses so the first omni will be the only one worth it

My recent orders were
>Watchmen deluxe edition
I can't even continue reading this in the paperback lol, I'm usually not this anal about HC's and paperbacks. Once this comes in i'll donate the paperback to my library

>Empty Zone vol 1

Posted this in the last thread.

Just picked up 52 v1 from Barnes & Noble for 25$ with a 20%off coupon+membership discount.

>New Mutants Epic Collection: Renewal

what are these collecting? I'm assuming Excalibur is the first however many issues

does anyone have any idea when you'll be able to buy IDW's New Mutants artist edition? I just keep seeing "Comic Con", like i just wanna order thru IST or whoever.

>Pre-order NYX Complete Collection
>This item will be released on July 5th
>Get an e-mail from Amazon today
>"The revised delivary date for this order is July 28th"
>The release date on the Amazon page still says July 5th

How is this a pre-order if I get it three weeks after it's been released?

What do you guys do when you books show up damaged? Not like torn in half, but like dented corners or shelf wear?

Like how do you call someone and be like, "I'm sending this back, a corner is smudged"?

might be a thing where LCS's get it early

June purchases are in the pic. Loved Northlanders, and this is my first time sitting down and reading the Animal-Man comics.

July purchases:
Deadly Class
Suicide Squad Silver-Age Omnibus
Shield Complete Collection Omnibus

That'll close out my budget for comics for the summer. I'll probably get the Showcase Presents The War That Time Forgot and the four Sgt. Rock volumes.
After that I'll have to start putting stuff on the Christmas List.

You're better off going with an Amazon Prime. At least, I was.

Oh, just checked Amazon and it said it was a new printing from last month. v2 ain't being reprinted until January...
And the Prime price was a dollar more, fortunately.

Never read it before, although I'm still working through Gotham Central...

Oh, really? I might just cancel it then, it kinda irks me having to see this

Is Northlanders really that good? I've never seen a thread but the art has caught my eye at a shop a few times.

that came out like 2 weeks ago, how the hell is amazon that far behind? normally it's only one week

I'd say it's pretty damn good. But I like Woods from his work on Rebels, and I already have an interest in the Dark Ages, so your mileage may vary.

Still, they have a guy who's basically Ye Auld Irish Punisher, so those were a couple neat issues to read.

God damn it Marvel I just bought the singles because I gave up waiting

Just ordered the Invisbles deluxe edition

I was planning on getting the omnibus until I saw this I hate when that happens. I bought the trades for deadly class a day before the HC showed up on Amazon

So book depository sent me another copy of my order, because at the time my books were late and i reached support and apparently they sent a replace copy that just arrived. Now i have 2 copys of each order. What do?

Rate my shelf

So this is what took 3 hours to get home on Thursday. But considering it all cost me only $120 I'm not gonna complain. Too much. Hell the Nocturnals HCs are worth it alone. And a near complete Usagi run? Gonna order the FB softcover set before the end of the week and at least have the furst 29 books complete with Senso. If I could only find Yokai for a decent price.

That bottom row is almost all random shit I didn't expect, as well as that giant ass Madman.

Furry/10 would yiff.

Got a friend into comics? Want to get a friend into comics? Pass them on to someone who might want them. What I do with all my books. Hell, that's officially my third copy of 300 above. Gonna give those to a friend. Same with the Fables Deluxe.

What's your read pile now? Well over 100 books right?

There's a box set for the Mouse Guard role playing game? What? When? What's in it? I must have!

Probably. This was not a planned purchase. But I had to get the Usagi and Nocturnals books. For a little but more I got everything else. Right now This is about it other than the Usagi book and perhaps the two TMNT IDW HCs. After that I hope to not get anything else on the pile until I get some off.

I've tried to quell my purchasing but I just can't stop. I know I got issues and I'd rather just buy than fix them. At least I ain't living outside my means.

Bump

Never posted in one of these threads, so I'll just post this. Legends and All-Star Superman were the most recent things I bought.

I really need a shelf too.

Showa 1939-44
MW

anime con was in town last weekend and I haven't picked up any western stuff recently, sorry

indie/10

ump

How many additional classic omnibus' is DC planning on doing for their "Silver Age" line? I know they're also starting a colored newspulp line like Marvel Epic Collection
>mfw when I found out I bought 1&2 of Cap Essentials almost a month or two before they announced that Marvel wasn't going to leave the Cap books in their Epic line disjointed like they had been for ages

>I know they're also starting a colored newspulp line like Marvel Epic Collection
They are? Because I would really like that. Especially for a Batman & The Outsiders/Outsiders 80s run.

They are called _____: The ______ Age, like the Omnis. I believe that Superman Golden Age, Flash Silver Age, Justice League Silver Age, all have one out so far. I'm hoping that Wonder Woman, Doom Patrol, and Plastic Man get some.

Also they're only half as much as an epic collection in price, and are still fairly thick.

Wonder woman is getting a golden age. Its on amazon.

I meant in trades. I'm not really a big omnibus guy right now.

Had a chance to go through a big purge / re-organize today

That always feels amazing.

Shelves look great now.

More series need to do murals on the Spines

Nice Manga senpai

What do you guys do for a living that you can afford to buy all this shit and still pay your bills? Genuinely curious.

i'm so pissed that the starman omnibuses didn't make a picture

Web design.

Seriously? I've actually been wanting to get into that, is it difficult? What exactly do you do, who do you work for?

I found The Question #1-30 and the 1st and 2nd annuals at a convention yesterday, I'm so happy

Seeing so many "selling my entire collection" auctions on ebay has got me thinking, what would it take for you guys to sell all the comics you'd been collecting for years?

No idea

I have six boxes full of over a hundred comics each that I'm trying to sell, but my actual collection I'll never sell because then what was the point in buying them in the first place?

There is no real difference between those things in the long run

I go through my collection and pull books out that I no longer read anymore

I don't think I would ever just sell them all at once but I do get rid of some comics when I lose interest in them. Maybe they'll gradually go away as I lose interest in comics entirely.

My latest pick ups.hows my taste?

If I had some sudden nasty emergency medical bills or something to that extent

Or maybe if I was moving to a smaller space

I don't think I'd sell everything out of lack of interest, I'm a bit of a pack rat

Currently in college, my parents invested money when I was born which means I can pay my own tution and also spend money on collecting frivolous shit. It's nice.

I haven't picked up anything since my grandpa passed away.
Can't really bring myself to head to the comic shop without him around.

I need a happy, funny comic or something.

I am making my girlfriend pick up that Northlanders collection tomorrow when she goes to pick up Deadly Class #20 & #21.

I saw it when I was in the shop on Saturday and decided against picking it up but now I am itching to read it.

I work for a large medical company.

Sorry user, did you order late? They have be having to send you a second order of stock. Mine has been dispatched and is due to arrive on Friday. That said, I pre-ordered it and both volumes of X-23 a while back.

Might be worth just grabbing it off eBay next week.

Damn. When do we get a solicit for UXM by Claremont Omnibus Vol. 4?

Do you own all of the Swamp Thing books? Are you trying to complete your collection? Or do you know those books are good? I've been wondering if Millar and Vaughan did an okay job on the character or not.

Dude. Awesome. I want to be that cool Uncle (and dad; my kids are too young for comics ATM).

I was wondering the same thing. I'm guessing, but by judging from the artists listed on both on Amazon, they will both collect the first 20 issues or so.

Don't think IST will offer the book. At least, it isn't listed on their "Coming Soon" tab. I ordered mine through my local comic book shop. I'm still going to try to snag one at the San Diego Comic-con, though. If I get two, no prob. Just sit on them and sell when they hit the right value.

I had an issue once with a seller on Amazon. I emailed the seller. They promptly responded and ended up refunding me my money. They said I could do what I wanted to with the damaged book. It was an X-Force hardcover and it looked like it had been sitting out in the Death Valley sun baking for about a week then got dunked into a bucket of water.

DC NEEDS to create something akin to Marvel's Epic line beyond this Silver Age/Golden Age thing. Either that, or hop to collecting more and faster. We need a Question by O'Neil Epic-like trade.

$$$$$

When it's time to put the kids in college, I will be selling most of it [Then they drop out, right? ;) ]

My July order shall include:

Avengers: Time Runs Out HC
Batgirl (Cass) Vol. 2
X-Men: Trial of Gambit
New Mutants by Sienkiewicz Artist Edition (from local retailer)
...and plus other books I find discounted while attending San Diego Comic-con.

What's the difference between Mouse Guard and Mice Templar?

My books are unfortunately in boxes, as I don't have shelves right now. At least they have some degree of stability in there :/ September needs to come faster.

Oh yeah, and muh mignolaverse

Eh, I should be getting Rat Queens 2 and 3 and Saga 1 this week. Will probably get the rest of Saga after that.

Welp, FB Usagi collection purchased. Should be here on Wednesday.

2 jobs, although one is pretty much pointless at this point and I'm ready to leave it.

Catastrophic emergency requiring money. If I ever had to movie to a smaller place, which I did moving here, I'd find something else to get rid of first. But if I was moving to a different country like the dude that sold me his books, well, you never know.

Tradeback mountain Itt

Picked all this up for about 300 the other day

bought them yesterday

So how's Solomon Kane?

Jesus, all TPB and Omnibuses... that must have cost a fortune.

wish they'd do that with LoSH so that I didn't have to get the archive editions. first volume is from 1994, it's about time!

nigga where is your Legion stuff?

just flipped through it a bit but it's gritty. If you ask the sci-fi and fantasy general on /lit/ about stuff that comes close to Berserk then they usually recommend Solomon Kane.
I have the short story collection by Howard on my shelf as well, haven't started reading it yet though. I also collect sci-fi/fantasy books and a bit of regular literature (which I invested my money into during the last 3 years instead of comics) so my backlog is just about 400 books right now.

What's to the right of Prison Pit?

>...And Solomon Kane saw...
That IS the face of a man who has seen some shit.

quite happy about this edition. these Solomon Kane comics were originally occasional backups in Conan the Barbarian and going through all those to pick them up, even with comicbookdb, libgen etc, would have been a chore.

and just saw there's "Chronicles of Solomon Kane" as well (collecting colored stories from the 70s and 80s), going to have to pick it up from amaz...
>all vendors are based overseas
FUCK!

I bought the Archie Summer Digest at Ralph's today

stay here

Eh, I might just wait
It'll give me time to finish my other stuff

>caome in to get a closer look at that Sandman
>"Excalibur Epic Collection: The Sword is Drawn"
THIS IS A THING?
FUUUUUUUUUUUCK MAN
HOW MANY ISSUES GIMME DEETS

>Do you own all of the Swamp Thing books?
Why hasn't Moore gotten an Omnibus yet?
I don't understand.

where can I look up what's going to be released TPB/HC/Omnibus-wise?
Those solicits from the Win-o'thread only show the future for a maximum of 2 months or something and I don't care much about floppies.

edelweiss.abovethetreeline.com/

Waiting to arrive:
Hellblazer: City of Demons
Sandman Mystery Theatre Book One
Lucifer Book Three

thanks

>A Series of Unfortunate Events on the lower shelf

My nigga