It's so cool that I can understand 85% of spanish without ever having studied it

It's so cool that I can understand 85% of spanish without ever having studied it.

Anglofags will never know this feel

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=EpDUQ1LzA6E
youtube.com/watch?v=w73hEZKnDeA
youtube.com/watch?v=6b-RehmqZUE
youtube.com/watch?v=UrzO-Ss0W0c
youtube.com/watch?v=Q9rRWTTFBxM
youtube.com/watch?v=MPtbzCvT7ck
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frisian_languages
youtube.com/watch?v=gb3Yl1oRW28
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>85%
You wish. More like 60% at best if you're reading something

Speak for yourself

>mfw I could have conversations with Germans before I studied German

It's the only benefit of being a native Dutch-speaker

Try with chilean spanish

m.youtube.com/watch?v=EpDUQ1LzA6E

Sounds like an amerindian language.

is it true dutch speakers can understand a lot of german but not so much the other way around

nothing useful ever comes out of the mouth of a spanish speaker

So you think that Cervantes isn't important?

Keep in mind that nothing useful ever comes out of the mouth of a non-latin language speaker

>is it true dutch speakers can understand a lot of german but not so much the other way around

I can only speak for "the other way around".
When I hear dutch it feels very familiar and like I should understand it.
Ultimatly I just can make out a few words here and there, but most of the time it's not enough to really understand the meaning of a sentence.

Sounds like the relationship between Portuguese and Spanish, with Portuguese being the Dutch here.

Tbh, sounds like Spanish with English speed of words and intonation.

Please, deliver some words only existed in Portuguese.

What's the language of Brazil?

Portuguese

no fuck him

but you speak a non-latin language right now?

Oh God

What? It's a beautiful language
youtube.com/watch?v=w73hEZKnDeA

Based Jobim. Although I prefer João Gilberto.

espanoles pueden comprender portugués aqui o no ?

European version is also beautiful
youtube.com/watch?v=6b-RehmqZUE

tambien*, no aqui

>vou tchi contar

We speak Dad Portuguese to your Mom Portuguese.

Italian influence.

Only in written form and maybe catch some words when spoken

Not all brazilian accents are like that. Northeastern and some Southern accents pronounce d like d

But user. i can understand at leat 95% of >youtube.com/watch?v=w73hEZKnDeA

An example of an accent from here that doesn't do that but it's rap:
youtube.com/watch?v=UrzO-Ss0W0c

Well, Brazilian Portuguese is a lot more open and easy to understand to Spanish-speakers.

Try this one instead:
youtube.com/watch?v=Q9rRWTTFBxM

I love this accent.

which accent is this? don't know if I'm hearing it right but is the 'rr' not guttural?

It's my accent but people here mock it because it's from the northeast. They associate it with poverty hehe (I'm not poor though)

I undestand 100% of that video. WTF It was a bit scary.

The "rr" can be either guttural or the one you heard in the video.

The guttural one is more generally upper class/urban, whilst the rolled one is more rural and poor-sounding.

They can be used interchangeably, and most people use more of one than the other, but not 100% of one or the other.

The short "r" is the same for everyone, though (the short one that sounds Russian).

Galicians do not count as Spanish.

It's from Portugal

It's because he's speaking slowly try this instead
youtube.com/watch?v=MPtbzCvT7ck

I am from andalusia m8

only on Sup Forums do I see Madredeus being posted so often

not that it's a bad thing, quite the opposite

Well then, I don't know what to tell you. It IS a documentary, so he's being very articulate deliberately.

They're cool, but too melodramatic for my taste. I prefer Deolinda as a more spunky and chill version of them.

It was me every single time.

ok, It is that the dude was speaking slowly. I could only understand like 50 % of the other video.

Yeah, white trash with a vaguely northern accent are harder.

There's a bunch of Sup Forumstards that like to use that much to go MUH SUEBI a ton with the Portuguese flag too.

This thread is too comfy, we should have a general about this

Why ruin a confy thread? generals are containment boards to allow for these to exist.

The best threads are the food ones, though. I've seen entire generals become civilised in a food discussion.

Oh! i remember this one, i watched this documentary like 2 months ago, but still, brazilian portuguese sound more familiar to me.

The closes we get to this feel is with the Frisian languages, unless one counts Scots.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frisian_languages

>Frisian is the language most closely related to English and Scots, but after at least five hundred years of being subject to the influence of Dutch, modern Frisian in some aspects bears a greater similarity to Dutch than to English; one must also take into account the centuries-long drift of English away from Frisian. Thus the two languages have become less mutually intelligible over time, partly due to the marks which Dutch and Low German have left on Frisian, and partly due to the vast influence some languages (in particular Norman French) have had on English throughout the centuries.

>Old Frisian,[6] however, was very similar to Old English. Historically, both English and Frisian are marked by the loss of the Germanic nasal in words like us (ús; uns in German), soft (sêft; sanft) or goose (goes; Gans): see Anglo-Frisian nasal spirant law. Also, when followed by some vowels, the Germanic k softened to a ch sound; for example, the Frisian for cheese and church is tsiis and tsjerke, whereas in Dutch it is kaas and kerk, and in High German the respective words are Käse and Kirche. Contrarily, this did not happen for chin and choose, which are kin and kieze.[15][16]

>One rhyme demonstrates the palpable similarity between Frisian and English: "Butter, bread and green cheese is good English and good Frisian," which is pronounced more or less the same in both languages (West Frisian: "Bûter, brea en griene tsiis is goed Ingelsk en goed Frysk.") [17]

Brazilian Portuguese has more Spanish influence than we do, to be fair. They've had a lot of Spanish, Italian and African migration, as well as Natives, so the language evolved to open the vowels more so it could be easily be understood by people of different backgrounds. (Same thing happened in Spain to a lesser by merging a bunch of different kingdoms a few centuries before).

Meanwhile Portugal is very much isolated so we tended to close our vowels up and save energy speaking a bit more because we only use it with people that already know it, so we can cut corners.

HELL that was hard.

Yo puedo entender probablemente un 75%del portugués hablado y 90% de portugués escrito

I want to learn Spanish

try this one

youtube.com/watch?v=gb3Yl1oRW28

What about it? Sounds like the default Brazilian accent (we can't really locate them or tell them apart too well, but that's because we only come into contact with Rio accent).

Old Brazilian dudes always sound very honest and nice, like Santa.

Nice accordion work too, very hard to not make it sound too cheesy. Brazilian music is always interesting-sounding, though, they use tons of chords. We're a lot simpler with just a couple.

i know that feeling, i understand mostly of dutch and haven't even learned dutch in my whole life.

>merdeste

italians usually have it easy to read spanish and french

Why be a toxic person when you can be nice instead?

Do you have any trouble understanding these?
The younger dude seems to have a more generalized BR accent, but the older guys have a regional accent. I figure it's southerner, since they mention Rio Grande do Sul.

That's when you read it. But try speaking with them and you won't understand as much. And latinos understand even less of Portuguese because of your extra sounds. Same with Slavic languages. When I read slowly I can understand a lot. But try speaking to them and I am lost. Easier to speak English.