Paranatural

>:

We're gonna see a surprise attack next update, is it?

What would you say, Sup Forums? Would you be a better teacher?

The sexual tension is palpable. I never knew Zack was so daring to go for a lolita romance.

Oh no, is Isabel...

Teen Pregnant??
By Spender?

Just another day in the life of Rick "Spaghetti" Spender.

KILL HIM ISABEL

DO IT

TAKE THE ROAD FROM WHICH THERE IS NO TURNING BACK

She's not a teen.

>pre-teen pregnant
my god

>boner achieved

So why IS she so bloodthir-upset at the moment? Is it just 8fold or something else?

ᵃnᶦᵐᵉᵉᵉ

Zack's been biding his time, slowly growing his fanbase, and now the time has come.

just another day of drama in Gradient World

jesus christ he's no inept it's painful to watch

Spender and Ed are basically the same character, eh.

How the fuck did spender get a teaching job?

>Richard Burger changed his surname to avoid being caught with heavy spectral shenanigans
Good idea.

Spender may be a spaz, but he's also a teacher. I don't understand why he's stumbling so hard in his attempts to reach out to his student. A student with a pre-established relationship, even.

she just lost her tool the night before, and is probably still pissed at Ed and ashamed/angry at her gramps?

God damn, that arc was like... last year, 2 years ago in real time?

>the night before,
Right. It's hard to tell over such a long time

The exaggerated funny faces are ruining the tension of this moment

babby's first pms

I've complained about this comic having pointless diversions before, but now I want an arc of Spender having to run to the store (Max's dads preferably) to have to buy tampons for Isabel.

Why is this comic so SLOOOOOOOOW

Just do the pages in black and white, Zack you ginger nigger.

agreed
If he actually managed to update twice a week, as he's supposed, it'd be fine, but within those two years since the train arc, he's probably missed half the updates

Is this the worst page so far?

Close to it.

Man, this is my favorite fucking webcomic. It's just so well drawn and well written and every time I check up on it there's always a very polite "thanks for reading" at the bottom like it's not just the best dang thing to update twice a week.

THANKS FOR MAKING THIS AMAZING COMIC FOR ME TO READ OKAY

Isn't her head turning a little too much on that 5th panel?

call an exorcist.

Maybe zack should stop watching animé.

I haven't read this comic in a while - were there always so many "reaction faces"? I feel like the dialogue is the same way too - every line trying to be a one liner. Maybe it's just me.

It's the general consensus of these threads hat zack has become a little bit of a parody of himself.

Yes. I feel like as much as the quality of the comic has declined, the wacky faces and constant one-liners is far from new.

If any of you guys remember the old threads back before Zack said some dumb shit on Twitter, it was fairly common for people to complain that he often undercut any attempt at serious characterization or drama with Whedonesque quips and silly gag faces. It wasn't as egregious back then, but it's always been an issue

Mr Spender why are you trying to seduce that student

>3 backgrounds aren't color washes

and I'm being pretty generous

It's not an issue when shit isn't played serious. Back during the whale fight even the life or death battle with a man eating ghost whale was pretty funny, but when you try to build tension like this page right here in the OP, you need to be more careful with how you interweave your jokes and shit.

It's not that the constant faces and one liners are bad, it's that Zack fails to integrate them with the story that is becoming more serious.

>THANKS FOR MAKING THIS AMAZING COMIC FOR ME TO READ OKAY
Zack's twitter is that way ===> twitter.com/paranaturalzack.

c'mon, can't he just enjoy the comic?

Because her friend basically just died and she was scolded by her grandfather and Spender never cares about any of that difficult shit.

Why in the world would Spender need to do that?

Sure, why not. 's just looking for Zack in the wrong place to express their gratitude.

Anime

>before Zack said some dumb shit on Twitter, it was fairly common for people to complain that he often undercut any attempt at serious characterization or drama with Whedonesque quips and silly gag faces
People never really said that before the train.

hijack why are you so spaghetti

Am I supposed to feel sympathetic towards Spender or something? This whole mess is literally his fault.

Does he know that? Did Isabel even tell him she lost her book on the train?

I don't think you are, actually.

Or I guess, did he even notice when she told Ed.

Oh right, that's why he's concerned. I honestly forgot.

I want my colors back. I'm tired of artists liking stuff being bright and pastel.

>spenderjack memeing

He got the teaching part down as previously pages have shown. But its the mentoring part that gives him trouble.

A couple people did, but it certainly wasn't 'common'.

>I'm sorry, Isabel, I'm not very good at-
tucking in his shirt? Sheesh Spender, you're a teacher, show some class. Those hanging shirt tails are disgraceful.

>you're a teacher, show some class