What do the Irish think of Irish Americans? Do you think we are "fake" Irish or what?

What do the Irish think of Irish Americans? Do you think we are "fake" Irish or what?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-vWlIvfQTck
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norman_invasion_of_Ireland
merriam-webster.com/dictionary/national
merriam-webster.com/dictionary/nationality
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

POTATOS

They hate them yet are quite happy to accept donations from Irish-Americans to fund IRA terrorism

Yes

Freedom fighters you cucked penal colony

Unless you lived in Ireland for the first 20 years of your life, you're American, not Irish.

This. But also Europeans don't realize that a lot of communities in the US are segregated by ancestry and so they have their own unique culture in America. It doesn't make you Irish though

janey mac what's the craic tonight lad

They claim to find us irritating but actually they're another American vassal states that has no choice but to accept us with open arms.

I am currently on vacation embracing my heritage. If you were to cut open my veins whiskey and Guinness would flow freely. I was taught how to fight from an early age and my hatred for the English oppressors will never die.

And before any of you ask, my father was born and raised in Glasgow and served with the IRA in the Falklands, so I don't want any buttblasted Euroshits telling me that I'm not Irish.

Irish are the lowest form of white man there is next to Texans

Unless you live in a thatch-roofed hut and drink yourself into a coma regularly, you're White, not Irish.

FTFY.

>drinks milk from bags

Looks like the kid that turned into a monkey in jumanji

>mfw when "irish-American"

Fuck those useless in-fighting potato-eaters. I'm an American.

Glasgow is in Scotland faggot

A LEAF

Most Irish people like Americans and are proud of the Irish diaspora in the United States.

Whats the matter Celtaboo? Buttflustered that we don't consider you one of the family because you ate a potato once?

Glad towers went down to stop the terrorism funds from Burgers .. !

>Irish Americans
The fuck is an Irish American? You're either Irish or American, you spastic. It's a nationality. I'm not a Scottish-Austrian-Polish-Englishman.

Freedom fighters/gangsters Right ..lol

agreed they are slugs evil slugs that worm in m8

Burgerfags lack any history so they try to appropriate their ancestors hardships and pretend that they have patriotism to their families origin country that wasn't drilled into them by the state to keep them obedient.

It's only a loud minority on the internet that get really butt blasted about Americans calling themselves Irish.

>Unless you lived in Israel for the first 20 years of your life, you're American, now Jewish.

Not how it works.

Irish blood is Irish blood... and lately, the ones outside the country have been more dedicated to their country than most of those who actually live there.

>served with the IRA in the Falklands
Hahahahaha Bollocks !
Paddies are cunts ..Fact

Yeah, except when the yanks come pandering around claiming to be Irish. Or, saying their great-great-granduncle came from Ennis which somehow (to them) makes a connection to us.

t. paddy abroad.

West Brit detected

Irish>You

>Irish blood is Irish blood...
Yea no, fuck off you rabid chinese cunt

i think its more irish people trolling but i know there is some who get annoyed

maybe if youre great grandfather was irish.. youre not irish

No one can spell my fucking last name bc apostrophes are apparently unheard of in America

more dedicated to the country by leaving it?

>Irish blood is Irish blood... and lately, the ones outside the country have been more dedicated to their country than most of those who actually live there.
>this delusion

muh heritage yanks never cease to amaze

stop Being Hero .. most burgers are calling selves nigerans than Paddy now ..lol LEL SIDEs GONE !

Not an argument.

British defense of former genocides committed against a higher form of European than themselves never ceases to disgust me.

There are clear differences.

> served with the IRA in the Falklands

What was he doing paddie? Blowing up penguins?

Fuck off leaf.
I have relatives in Canada. We refer them as "The Canadians" because they aren't Scottish and they aren't family to anyone except my granny. Shit like great nieces and three times removed cousins and crap.

The cunts have even fucked up a wedding because they happen to be on holiday at the time and have invited themselves to it even though no one wants them there.

Every time I visit I'm practically surrounded by adoring bogtrotting masses asking me to take them back with me and please user won't you have me dawter and me ten sheep dowry, o user, spare a paddy for a paddy, I haven't had anything t'eat since parnell died

But every time they all get killed in a hail of shrapnel from a nail bomb and I have to sneak back to my hotel while gunfire and inarticulate screaming about Protestants and Palestine fill the streets.

Think I'll stick to the US.

>youre responsible for things your ancestors did before you were born

Nigger tier logic, stop making us look bad.

I think we can all agree fuck the brits and there femdom queen

Irish Americans are a joke and can only claim to be Irish by heritage

Irish Canadians on the other hand are almost indistinguishable from Irish people culturally, evne Irish canada's landscape is identical to ireland

t. Dublinfag who moved to Newfoundland

newfoundland feels more irish and ireland at times

UK and Ireland are at peace and get along, yet a bunch of deluded muh heritage yanks who think somehow that they're Irish nationals despite it being literally impossible, seem to think there is a war still going on.

I have some Irish friends living in the UK, i really need to show them you lot they would piss themselves.

I dont give a fuck about your family, not an argument.

Leaf shit posting aside the Brit pad jock sheep ...we got a Great gene pool , the Then white haired Vikings .. the swarthy light skinned Northeren French !... for over hundreds of years .. Your shit nations are a kebabs Ruin !that bloodline in english its anglo 96% white .. :)

I already left my argument up further you illiterate peasant.

why'd you go there to Newfoundland? You might as well have gone to Galway or Mayo.

t. Laoisfag who moved to Ontario

how are they more dedicated ?

> implying half of England isn't triggered every time some state official has to meet with Gerry Adams

My parents are Irish but I was born in England but Irish people consider me entirely English. Irish is a shit community though.All the Irish people in my city mostly hate each other as well, regardless of even Proddy or Catholic.

I don't know where these

>Irish people are friendly
>Irish gotta stick together

memes come from

Niggers back to Africa, kyke loving unionist proddies back to Scotland.

>the BOG

i would of moved to canada if i lived in laois

>Gerry Adams
fucking kek, you do know that literally half of england doesn't know who the fuck he is.

Muh heritage yanks do it again, you really think there is still a war going on hahaha

Not hard to be more dedicated to something when youre being compared to traitors and cowards who piss on their martyrs and willingly sell their country out.

I have relatives in Newfoundland and I like the quiet rural traditional/cultural lifestyle in Newfoundland more than developed city lifestyle in mainland Canada desu.

Drug peddling murderers you mean.

You should probably move on to your leaving cert first

>muh heritage canucks are worse then muh heritage yanks

this thread has me in stitches

I like Irish Americans. It's the embodiment of the American dream isn't it?

>Come to American fleeing oppression
>impoverished
>be given a chance at improving our place in the world
>take it with both hands
>now a part of the fabric of american life and culture.

We proved the American experiment, giving everyone, no matter what a chance at working and achieving a better life, can work.

America proved to us that when we were given an even shot we aren't complete shit.

I met a guy in a bar in Canada who had an Irish accent and when I asked what part of Ireland he was from he said Newfoundland but looked and sounded as if he was from the south of Ireland.

tend to be white trash. boisterous low iq people. italians get too much shit on here. should atleast be mean to the micks too

>Jeremy Corbyn joins IRA, then Hamas
>every other article in the Daily Mail

>my great great uncle was 1/2 Irish
>I'm more Irish then actual Irishmen

Newfoundland has a distinct accent which is derived from the majority Irish population of immigrants.

Its right on the very east coast, first place youd offload boats at pretty much.

I met a girl who came into work and when I asked her where she was from and she said Ireland, I told her my grandfather was from Ireland. She looked at me like this is the most irrelevant information she had ever heard in her life and that was when I realized maybe it's not as important as I thought.

The Newfie accent is pretty much a heavier irish accent. You have to think, Newfoundland was settled by irish people 500 years ago and has been very isolated from the rest of the world until recently.

link related

youtube.com/watch?v=-vWlIvfQTck

since this is Sup Forums, where we generally agree that genetics matter, shouldn't having multiple your whole family tree full of irish names count for something?

boy those micks would sure be sore without their phony Gorta Mór

Corbyn isn't a serious political figure, no cares about him apart from the leftcucks who love him.

Ireland in general loves sucking US cock. A lot of people here considered the main event that market Ireland's change into a shitty 3rd world country into an a prosperous confident country was the visit of JFK. Every US president since loves to suck up to us about their irish roots since then.

As regards to the american people, I think people find them mostly pretty sound. The ones that visit here anyways. But we're pretty perplexed by shit like bush and trump. Irish politics are pretty centralist by burger standards, so we can't relate to the retarded far right stuff in the US, and thankfully the far left stuff to a large degree.

There's always a few retarded american tourists who make a big deal about their irish great grand uncle like it makes them as irish as everyone else here.

Whats your stance if I'm half irish from my dad's side

My stance is i don't give a fuck.

>diaspora actually believe this
You're not an Irish national. You're probably British.

>craic tonight

You'll never understand, at least you tried

>Both sides of family are Irish - from Kerry/Cork area
>for 3 generations
>because there are almost exclusively Irish areas

Some "Irish" people are really just normans, so its pretty easy to see how much of the diaspora could claim stronger Irish heritage than those who live there.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norman_invasion_of_Ireland

Then why does a Telegraph editor die of a stroke every day drawing comparisons between him and Pol Pot

6 MILLION MURDERED BY POTATO BLIGHT
NEVER FORGET

>6 million

I don't really care. It depends how big a deal you make about.

There's people who will come here who are 1/4 irish, have never been in the country before and will spout shit like
>Up the IRA, Brits out. You guys need to get the north back, what happened :^)?
>I love Guinness, like all Irishmen of course :^)
>I didn't know ireland had big cities. I thought it was all fields and cottages :^)

This is the only kind of shit the get's pretty tiresome

The best part is if i remember correctly like 30% of all """""Irish""""" Americans, are actually descended from ulster scots. The same people these """"""Irish"""""" Americans claim to appose.

My sides are literally in orbit right now hahahaha

>84272004 ▶
>
>I don't really care. It depends how big a deal you make about.
>There's people who will come here who are 1/4 irish, have never been in the country before and will spout shit like
>>Up the IRA, Brits out. You guys need to get the north back, what happened :^)?
>>I love Guinness, like all Irishmen of course :^)
>>I didn't know ireland had big cities. I thought it was all fields and cottages :^)
>This is the only kind of shit the get's pretty tiresome
yeah that is pretty cancerous

Ya I can understand how that would be grating as shit

Hey, you're Irish to us guy, don't listen to people saying otherwise on this board, it's Sup Forums, everything is hyperbolic. I love America, I've been there three times. Irish people are proud of Irish Americans and the large stamp we've made on the greatest nation on earth. So come over here and have a laugh. Just don't do it on paddy's day, that's when it's annoying.

That being said Canadian Irish can fuck right off, About seven years ago these middle aged Canadian lads made contact with my uncle saying they traced their family tree to our family and we're distant cousins or something. They visited us once a year to "keep in touch with their heritage." They were the dryest, most humourless, joyless and insufferable people we'd met, absolute Canadian stereotypes through and through. The main guy got a Celtic cross tattoo on his back. Recently it turns out that they fucked up, and they aren't related to us at all, that the family member we were linked by never had kids, so it's impossible we're related.

Never seen them since, always a fun topic for a laugh at Christmas.

Cork lad at uni in England here.

Yanks are fucking idiots who still think the troubles are happening.

Boston is a fucking disgrace, I had fat american idiots who had never left the country telling me they were more Irish than me because one of my 3 grandparents is Scottish.

They're worse than the English, especially the MUH HERITAGE idiots.

maybe we should milk that more like the jews...

Make it an international hate crime to say less than 6 million irish starved to death in the famine, and it was 100% the cause of the british

Become an untouchable jew-tier powerful minority race : D

Your economy is already held together buy muh heritage tourism, i don't think you can milk much more.

i like it
actually there were Irish slaves.. im pretty sure there were more irish slaves than negro slaves

its already the case in the US

I was academically penalized for questioning the 6 million figure. The professor and the Dean both had Mick blood though, so i just agreed to shut up.

That's a defeatist attitude. I think we could if we tried.

Just because we're wealthier than the UK doesn't mean we shouldn't strive to do better :^).

>one of my 3 grandparents is Scottish.
Are you sure you're at university?

From 1641 to 1652, over 500,000 Irish were killed by the English and another 300,000 were sold as slaves
During the 1650s, over 100,000 Irish children between the ages of 10 and 14

DO IT FAGGOTS

merriam-webster.com/dictionary/national

>3: comprising or characteristic of a nationality

merriam-webster.com/dictionary/nationality

>4
>a : national status; specifically : a legal relationship involving allegiance on the part of an individual and usually protection on the part of the state

>b : membership in a particular nation

>5
>a : a people having a common origin, tradition, and language and capable of forming or actually constituting a nation-state

>b :an ethnic group constituting one element of a larger unit (as a nation)

b : an ethnic group constituting one element of a larger unit (as a nation)

Technically, Im of the ethnic group "Irish Celtic" which comprises an element of the larger unit, Ireland.

I may not be born in Ireland, but technically, according to the definition of a National, I am an Irish National.

Even being "Characteristic of a nationality" - makes you a "National"

kek keep doing what you do glorious anglo

What? I might be fuzzy on the numbers, but my recollection was that 2 million irish died in the famine, and 2 million immigrated.

hows that brirish pound doing

I said the same, they called it Hibernophobia

I'm half Irish.

Do you Irish guys hate me?