>Almost all the main characters are born in Germany

Oh, Sultan Suleiman!

grandmother watches pic related

flag
nope

i wish shed watch turkish drama instead of brazilian gay propaganda dramas

grandma and grandpa lol

Brazil
Yeah. She loves one called Fatima Gul (don't know how to write this sh*t).

the fuck is this, generic brand game of thrones?

Yes, but with moslems instead of snow and there's only one dragon

glorious ottoman empire

Yes my mom watches it and than gets insecure about how beautiful and european looking turkish women

Yes.
She finds them deeply ironic because we've been to Turkey and the world their television protrays is about as close to reality a ... American television I suppose.

Flag.
No. She saw a commercial of this shit, though. It's just unfunny and badly made.

Its about the era ottoma empire what the fuck were you expecting?

The question was about turkish soap operas in general if you go back to read the question.

Isn't that true for all tv industries in general?

Not for anime, japan is 100% like in my mangoes

I wonder if anything on netflix (there's a ton of turkish shit for some reason) tries to reflect what the country is really like. I'm fascinated by modern akp turkey

cnn.com/interactive/2017/04/world/konya-turkey/

Turkey is pretty developed

Depends on the culture.
I feel like people in my country generally are disgusted by sugarcoating reality and that has been reflected in most of the movies and series we've created - even during communism we were mostly producing tragedies and dramas.

Meanwhile the turkish can easily make a soap opera which portrays cheating husbands, knife fights, suffocating traditional structures and so on in a positive light.

>Four friends, three of them Hafiz -- Muslims who have memorized the whole Quran -- are hanging out listening to hip hop music and taking selfies days ahead of the ballot. They all say they are planning to vote “Yes” in the referendum.

mfw
But to answer your question - I don't think any turkish soap opera portrays the political climate because :
1. they will be banned
2. the demographic they are aimed at doesn't care - women in Turkey as stated in the article, generally don't vote, and don't care about politics

>Sweden
>Yes
I live in Rosengård, my Turkish neighbors argue the entire time. Mom likes to smoke on the balcony and watch them fight.

>reverse you
>no, but both my grandmothers do