/PTG/-Publisher-tan General

>What is a Publisher-Tan?
An anthropomorphic personification of a publishing company.
>Why are you making these?
Because we are autistic and/or bored.
>Why are they all girls?
Japanese -tan tradition. But we do have some boy -tans too, like Diamond-kun.
>Where is the gallery for all the images?
publisher-tan.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=list&tags=all
>Where is the pastebin for all the ideas?
pastebin.com/n0xR9Zgb
>Previous threads?
pastebin.com/Gv7LCxZ4
>How can I help?
If a publisher doesn't have a personality yet, then you can suggest ideas for one.
If a publisher doesn't have a design yet, then you can suggest ideas for one.
If a publisher has a personality and a design, then you can draw them.
If multiple publishers have all of the above, then you can draw comics of them interacting.
>How many publishers do we need?
All of them. This isn't a Marvel/DC project, so please don't focus on them.

Please do not respond to console war comments.

And last but not least, remember to have
>fun

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

newsarama.com/29977-2016-harvey-awards-nominees-announced.html
youtube.com/watch?v=_n8TuSVmOrw
youtu.be/6Zl5vpy__dQ?t=7s
youtube.com/watch?v=sRvmjS06yKE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiss_(comics)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bump

Really, this early? Alright

Still need music ideas for DC-tan, Image-tan, Vertigo-tan, Diamond-tan and Milestone

I was browsing around looking for inspiration and I found this

What should it look like

Imagine if Bendis and Millar had and raised a baby girl off their creator owned comics.

Bland?

here is a wip

Well i'm off to work
If this thread is gone when I get beck, at least we tried

So a short, fat motor mouth with a broad noo yawk accent, an attitude so edgy it frightens children, a desperate desire to go to Hollywood, and a fondness for goats?

It could work. It could have a similar kind of "little sister" relationship with Marvel as DC has with Vertigo, but tinged with disappointment. Where DC takes Vertigo for granted, particularly in a "What's yours is mine" kind of way, Icon just never reaches Marvel's expectations.

>84272585
Vertigo started in 1993, but a lot of the influential series started in the 80s. The creators were and are disproportionately British too, so I'd say for music look at that era - lots of post-punk, alternative rock and goth - Bauhaus, siouxie and the banshee, Joy Division and definitely The Cure.

We still doing this? Alright.

The best 2000 AD gets is a gender bent Throg?

Might as well go with him if you can't top perfection.

>Malibu1

There's more? Post pls.

We have a better design with Rebellion-tan, I don't know why OP is refusing to go with that.

Not OP, but I am the guy who did the pastebins and the pic posted above. I just forgot to change the logo on 2000 AD. Did change the pastebin though. I'm just waiting till there's an actual solid design, the one posted was more concept.

My apologies.

The problem with that is the actual drawing of Rebellion is quite terrible. I should know, I drew it. God knows I've tried to do better in the weeks since, but I just don't have the talent for it. Glad people like the design though..

For what? No harm done, bro.

Wait, there was an actual pic done? I think I over looked it. Can someone post?

Well, not quite, I just scrawled this design and some notes to go with it. Its not what you'd call 'good'.

Again, no disrespect intended to the artist who did the 2000AD one in the op.

>Valiant stuffs the ballot box at the Harvey Awards
We have the beginnings of a personality.

Ah, okay, yeah, that's the one I was talking about here.

What, "I'll show them, I'll show all of them! And if I'm famous, they'll HAVE to accept me!"

We should really start working on developing her and Malibu. It's strange that they have the shortest bio yet we talk about them the second most.

Ah right, sorry. I've tried to drawing some actual pictures in the last fortnight, but at best it looks like someone drew a smiley face on a potato.

Blimey, you weren't kidding.
newsarama.com/29977-2016-harvey-awards-nominees-announced.html

I recall there was some talk in one of the earlier threads of Valiant being a bit hapless and having fairly recently awoken from a coma from the 90s crash, but I don't know when it came up.

> fairly recently awoken from a coma from the 90s crash, but I don't know when it came up.

It was when we were talking about how Diamond-kun crashed the industry. It's in the pastebin, but for some reason it's under Diamond.

Vertigo-tan has finally cracked after living in DC-tan's shadow for so long.

It was Vertigo.

Please don't bump with reposts

I feel like redsigning Marvel and DC.

Go for it. What did you have in mind?

yo, i already updated 2000-tan (Rebel-Tan now).

You want me to have a crack at it?

If you'd like to I certainly that would be really nice. Can I just suggest drawing her a little less... macho, I suppose is the right word. Your 2000AD character could fit in a strip (it looks quite a lot like Aimee Nixon from The Low Life, actually) but that's not quite what we're after. Small and tough, because its a relatively small publisher that's been in the wars. The slightly oversized jacket and boots emphasises those aspects.

Or something, I don't know.

sure nig thats cool. I was trying to channel a cross between aimee and purity brown (Nemesis the Warlock chick) so its good to see it worked.

> When you try to copy the fun of channel-tans but fail this hard

Also who's the artist on the Aimee piece, Kev Walker?

I already did one.

You do realize channel-tans weren't the first tans, right?

Yeah, I can see that. Bit of the John Hicklenton-era Nemesis, even.

Someone pointed out mine came out more Ace from Doctor Who, which I hadn't thought about but is kind of neat.

Kev Levell, apparently. System thinks his page is spam, but you should be able to find him on google quite easily.

I'm not sure, but I don't think Walker's ever drawn her. Certainly not in the comic itself.

Not him but lets be honest, we copy a lot from 'em.

Thanks, yeah i can see a bit of ace in there, ill try have it done some time tomorrow so ill post later or when next thread comes around.

Do it

There will be more, but it's not made yet

Kek

I'd love to see more user.

>Diamond-tan like music that gives off high energy youtube.com/watch?v=_n8TuSVmOrw

Do it...but I swear if your DC tan is nothing but detective cliches (like most of them thus far), I will shit on you with the fury of a thousand suns.

As long as you're having fun

Clearly DC-tan is into Bohren & der Club of Gore youtu.be/6Zl5vpy__dQ?t=7s

I for one enjoy looking at these knock offs if only purely for the schadenfreude.

EC Comics Boys and GHOULS

youtube.com/watch?v=sRvmjS06yKE

Hey, I gave this a shot.
Based on that picture.
I felt like I was doing something wrong but now that i see it I'm surprised I got so many details right from memory.

Ohh and if you wonder why her skins all fucked up, it's from walking out in the Cursed Earth.

Man, can't we just try and get along

I've been meaning to update this due to the poll on the last thread.

Nevermind, this is the real update.

Liking the art.

This is for the guy that suggested samurai pants for Dark Horse.

Disney is going to break her fucking back from diving into a pool full of gold coins. What the fuck is she thinking?

And because I was insistent on fucking scale male being in there somewhere and couldn't let it go.

Nah, she's got a technique. Who do you think taught Scrooge?

Every time.

>Chain bra.

The small room is dimly lit and smoke hangs like fog above the heads of the players. Cards shuffle, drinks clink, and the conversation moves back and forth easily.

>"So I says to Mable, I says..."

Suddenly, the door slams open and the room is bathed in light. The players curse and squint at the newcomers; Newsie, the old man with the young face, pipe gripped in his teeth, rolls his eyes; Dark Horse puffs irritably on a fat cigar; Image, attempting to look sophisticated with a cigarette holder; Rebellion not even bothering to look up from rolling up something; and...

"Vertigo! What are you doing with losers!"

"Hey Deece, Marv. Its a poker night. We do this every Wednesday, We did invite you some time ago. You want in?"

"No we don't want in, and- MARVEL!"

Marvel, who had been leaning over Dark Horse's head and deeply inhaling the drifting smoke, snapped to attention.

"Be strong Marv. Remember, you're a responsible adult now. And you promised the kid there'd be no backsliding, no matter how cool it looks."

"I know, I know... but *&$$ I miss cigars."

>Marvel-tan is recovering from her chain smoking.
>Suddenly stopped because someone told her smoking was bad.

I like this idea.

That's really cool. You even got the Joe Pineapples glasses!

At this point I'm honestly not sure it needs the sword, but full points for getting it right.

Also a reference to Joey Q and now Disney enforcing a no-smoking ban. Miss Mouse here don't want no smoke breaks on her watch

Image probably listens popular club hits. DJ heavy songs. Danger Mouse when he teams up with another artist and takes on a different name, those songs. Gnarls Barkley and the rest.

Milestone I think is early nineties rap to maybe early two thousands. So from NWA and 2 Pac to early Jay Z and Juvenile.

I was going to ask if the Wu Tang Clan was a possibility for Milestone, given they're roughly the same age and the nerdery of the Clan, but it seems Image actually did publish one of their comics.

As a side note, look who could form a Kiss tribute band.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiss_(comics)

Marvel is so Paul Stanley.

>but it seems Image actually did publish one of their comics.

Wu Tang definitely fits firmly in that era. And it seems like something Image and Milestone could talk about.

Image comes to see DC and Milestone is in the back filing papers with headphones on bobbing his head and muttering lyrics.

>Milestone: Cash Rules Everything Around Me, CREAM get the money...
>Image: You know I did book with them back in the day, God they LOVED kung fu. I could never remember all their names though.
>Milestone: yea there's so many of them and almost everyone thinks...
>Image:...Redman is a member but he...
>DC: I-I too was a fan of Wotan once upon a time.

Amused smirking stares from Image and Milestone.

Milestone-tan: Slave labor graphics, no!

I think the little girl black power beret girl was a lot cooler than the Static clone as Milestone-tan.

I'm pretty sure her taser is suppose to be a references to Static.

>16 posters
>Has been up all day.

What should the city they live in look like? I was thinking it could be like a neon city

I agree, it was my fault for giving you people choices.
Kind of, it was more the cliche, black people have electrical powers. Even with the male Milestone who I was thinking of as someone that was with or around DC a lot and DC being a detective he should have some way of defending himself and her if things got dangerous. Why not give him electrical powers or tech powers ( Static, Black Lightning, Hardware, Cyborg) and a taser combined those two.

Basically like Marvel Super Hero Island. But they have their own Crime Alley where it just suddenly stops being all bright and colorful and becomes super grim and dark.

Makes sense. It could be fun to see Milestone being all tech savvy, while DC still wants to do things the old fashioned way.

>Nothing in pastebin for Milestone.

Any ideas? She should be deep into Black Power.

So a Black Panther

Basically, and very retro. And like stated above
She should be the tech savvy sidekick/sister to DC-tan.

Doodled a Vertigo-tan real quick.

I feel like she'd hang out with EC a lot.

And it makes DC-tan very jealous

So is this still a poorly thought out knock off of channel tans filled with company wars, or has anything of quality finally been made?

She gets so upset that her sister is hanging out with someone else for once that she goes full autismo mode trying to use her detective skills to find some dirt on EC-tan.

But only ends up making her look like a bigger asshole to Vertigo-tan

Vertigo-tan just wakes up one day to see DC-tan just staring at her holding toys. Practically begging for them to play again just like the old days.

What should we call it?

The city of Comic Code.

Nothing of quality yet. It will probably die off soon enough. Honestly I thought it already did.

There's like 4 dudes trying to save this, it gonna take time.

That's just sad.
There are only a few publishers out there, and maybe 6 that anyone cares about at the most.
I can't even see waifuing as a way to justify this since they are all really bad picks.

>DC tan is nothing but detective cliches

Have you seen the stat of DC? They will shove Batman into everything they can. Batman makes more than 70% of their money and he's become the center of the DC universe.

did someone say death

Vertigo is a cute

Direct Market City, and Diamond is the mayor.

Hello new waifu.

Quick doodle based on