Jesus christ Germany!

Jesus christ Germany!
Stop being such a coal burning slut

Other urls found in this thread:

jpower.co.jp/bs/karyoku/sekitan/sekitan_q03.html
ft.com/content/36bee56a-3a01-11e7-821a-6027b8a20f23
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olkiluoto_Nuclear_Power_Plant
nikkei.com/article/DGXNASDD100H5_Q1A810C1000000/
reuters.com/article/us-new-york-nuclearpower/u-s-judge-refuses-to-halt-new-york-nuclear-power-plant-subsidies-idUSKBN1AA2VF
reuters.com/article/us-france-nuclearpower/france-to-decide-by-end-2018-how-many-nuclear-plants-to-shut-minister-idUSKBN1CX0KP
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

yeah, that's the irony of sun/windpower: the more you rely on it, the more you need coal plants as backups

L-lewd

Burn the coal, pay the carbon tax.

>g*rmany
>leader on climate change

Fuck man. Wtf should I do, sudoku on a coal plant? It's shit, yeah. I hope things get better in the future.

Get climate change'd cucks

isn't Merkel also really autistic about getting the coal?
Like she'll dig up an entire German village for one ton of it, but won't import any?

Day of the wind turbin when

Exhaust of a new type coal power plant is clear. :3
I think that German one is clear too.

The exhaust being clean means that you have less fine particles, nitrogen oxides and sulphur oxides. The amount of CO2 emitted from different coal plants doesn´t differ as much, because carbon capture is too expensive.

>germs are virtue whoring liars
stop the presses

I think depending on the ingenuity,
CO2 can be reduced at a relatively low cost.

jpower.co.jp/bs/karyoku/sekitan/sekitan_q03.html
石炭火力発電所の高効率化等でCO2削減

Reduce CO2 by maintaining efficiency and introducing biomass fuels.

Although the thermal efficiency of power generation equipment will decline due to aging,
it is possible to maintain thermal efficiency by appropriately operating management and updating equipment.

Takasago Thermal Power Plant of J - POWER (Hyogo Prefecture) continues to generate electricity with nearly the same thermal efficiency as the original even after over 40 years.

In addition, by using carbon neutral * biomass (biological resource) energy of forest land remnants and sewage sludge as fuel and using it together with coal, it is possible to reduce the amount of coal used and reduce CO2 .

Carbon dioxide absorption amount and emission amount are equal in life cycle

I agree with you, but I assumed that by coal plants you meant coal plants that run exclusively on coal. What I meant is that clear exhaust usually just means that there are fewer pollutants and fine particles. These pollutants can be almost eliminated, but to limit CO2 emissions you have to increase efficiency and use fuel with higher heating value or "green " fuels. German plants are efficient, but the main fuel is still brown coal which is a pretty shit fuel.

Well yeah closing down the nuclear plants sure was smart.

You know what's the cleanest source of energy? Nuclear! You can shut down all CO2 producing plants because nuclear only produces water vapor and unless you're a Russian or get hit with tsunamis it won't be a hazard.

>nuclear power is evil
>let's use coal instead
H E I L
E
I
L

If the aim was to be popular with the people, then it was the smart thing to do.

Nuclear is expensive though.
ft.com/content/36bee56a-3a01-11e7-821a-6027b8a20f23

"Areva, the French reactor manufacturer, began building Olkiluoto in 2005 with a target for completion by 2009 at a cost of €3.2bn. The latest timetable would see it open almost a decade late at the end of 2018 and nearly three times over budget at €8.5bn."

Try selling something like that to anyone.

Sorry, bad link.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olkiluoto_Nuclear_Power_Plant

The Sun itself works on a similar basis to nuclear plants. It's far more costly to build wind, ocean and solar panels. Plus those windmills kill birds.

>Nuclear is expensive though
nuclear is expensive because protesters delay construction and it's regulated to hell and back. In the 60s France built up a nuclear infrastructure that's still supplying 60% of its electricity for cheap, US did the same for 15% of its electricity.

They are literally cutting down their forests to clear space for solar panels and tearing down their historical buildings to get to coal.

JUST to avoid using nuclear power.

>"green " fuels

Also in Japan, processed brown coal seem to be used. :3
Is German yet?

nikkei.com/article/DGXNASDD100H5_Q1A810C1000000/
褐炭は世界の原料市場を変えるか

Nippon Steel Engineering developed a pilot plant utilizing brown coal within the premises of the Nippon Steel Yawata Iron works and demonstrated high energy efficiency.
Carbon dioxide membrane separation experiment was also conducted.
(Kitakyushu city)

Nippon Steel Engineering plays a central role and plans to produce synthetic natural gas (SNG), methanol, hydrogen, etc. by gasifying lignite in a two-story furnace in Victoria Province.
Besides using it locally, it exports to Japan.

In the experiment in Japan, we aim to become the world's best 85% energy conversion efficiency and aim for commercialization in Australia.

Nippon Steel Engineering planed a central role and plans to produce synthetic natural gas (SNG), methanol, hydrogen, etc. by gasifying lignite in a two-story furnace in Victoria Province.

Besides using it in Australia, it exports to Japan.

In the experiment in Japan, they aim to become the world's best 85% energy conversion efficiency and aim for commercialization in Australia.

These machines are beautiful
Imagine the noise they make as they go along raping the earth

Haha even Martians can't beat our technology hahahahaha.

The sun works with fusion, the nuclear power plants which are mainly used today rely on fission. Fusion power plants are still in the developmental stage. And even if nuclear is cheaper per kilowatt, which I honestly don´t know if they are, then wind and solar is still ten times less risky investment because you have government subsidies that practically guarantee you profit and you won´t have such huge cost overruns and it won´t be built ten years later. I honestly support nuclear, but at the moment I wouldn´t recommend investing in it.

I admit that protests and negative public opinion don´t help, but I really don´t think that protests are a big part of the expenses and delays. The regulation does make it more expensive, but deregulating nuclear power plants would be a political suicide for anyone stupid enough to attempt it. France is slowly waning off from nuclear and so is the US.
reuters.com/article/us-new-york-nuclearpower/u-s-judge-refuses-to-halt-new-york-nuclear-power-plant-subsidies-idUSKBN1AA2VF
reuters.com/article/us-france-nuclearpower/france-to-decide-by-end-2018-how-many-nuclear-plants-to-shut-minister-idUSKBN1CX0KP

At least in Europe, power production from nuclear power plants is falling because of subsidised renewables, regulation, low oil and gas prices and a negative public image. You can blame hippies if you want to, but their influence is overestimated.

>The regulation does make it more expensive, but deregulating nuclear power plants would be a political suicide for anyone stupid enough to attempt it
You could regulate it less, you know. All those hundreds of plants built with such regulations have not exploded.

You would have to propose a bill that would deregulate the nuclear sector. The press would lynch you alive and your party would get beaten in the elections. Maybe in the US, the president could use an executive order, but in most democracies, a bill would have to be passed in parliament. Such a bill would never pass.

Such a bill would never pass because the public is not knowledgeable enough to assess the risks and benefits involved in loosening the regulations on nuclear power construction, not due to anything inherently flawed in nuclear power.
But people will change their minds once their power bills creep up 50% - 100%.

Do you really think that if the average Joe sees a high electricity bill, then his first thought would be the deregulation of the nuclear industry? One of the main reasons for the high price of nuclear power plants is that they are so rarely built in Europe, so you don´t have people who know how to build plants that are up to our standards. As more time goes by, the price of building these plants goes up even more. Even if a revolution in fusion comes, then the plants will still cost billions of dollars. So the price of nuclear energy could be even higher in the future.

damn, this thread is making me wanna play simcity-like games

Don't play Crusader Kings 2, they added China but didn't add China.

>CK2
>simcity-like games
wat

anyway, too late

thank me later retard italian

embarrassing