Does your country have weird subgroups too?

Does your country have weird subgroups too?

We have Cajuns. They’re Americans who larp as French people

youtu.be/dYTqI7rF2ys

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UtNiVX7ofDM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wymysorys_language
youtube.com/watch?v=I2OWF51-PVM
youtube.com/watch?v=NxVOIj7mvWI
youtu.be/FzI82f3AAkQ
youtube.com/watch?v=WKr5KEpsXOM
youtube.com/watch?v=IqGQRdz3-14
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melungeon
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

the weirdest thing we have are menonnites and some mormon colonies

We have OP's mom that's a fatass whale that LARPs as human.

Wow. I thought cajun really spoke a dialect of french, but these people really are pretending. Like they took one semester in school.

also that accent at 1:50

I wouldn't call them "weird", but:

1. Tatars (Muslim nomads who migrated here in the 14th century)

2. Staroviers (a kind of Russian Orthodox sectants who migrated to Poland because they were persucuted by tsars)

3. Flemish settlers invited to Silesia by one Polish prince from the Piast dynasty in the 13th century. They live in one small willage Wilamowice and speak the smallest Germanic language - Wymysorys:
youtube.com/watch?v=UtNiVX7ofDM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wymysorys_language

4. Mariavites - a Polish branch of old-Catholics ruled by a kind of "popess" (they call her Mateczka - beloved Mother), pic related is one them.

There are also other regional/ethnic/religious groups like Kashubianss, Highlanders, Silesians, Lemkos (Rusyns), etc.

yeah, the finnish

I can't believe my ears

are americans even human

Cute.

>Wymysorys
That sounds pretty interesting.

This sounds fucking awful. Keep in mind this is coming from someone who is aware of how québécois sounds like to parisian ears.

We got Maronites, a small amount speak Cypriot Arabic. Also some gypsies (not the ones that came from the Balkans or Romania) speak a language called Kurbetcha. Interesting stuff

youtube.com/watch?v=I2OWF51-PVM

(I'm in Cyprus but my flag is showing Greece these past few days for no reason)

There is a lot of interesting stuff related to them, for example they supposedly left their homeland after some great flood and they were kinda afraid of water so they asked the Polish prince to settle them in a place without any rivers.

why don't they just learn french?
er der boku parlay fronce hoh hoh doku no pico shinjiko hoh hoh derka der trie bien froncay

>hillbilly french gf

I had no idea I wanted this. But now I do.

What's the problem? I can understand them.

That Greek commentary sounds almost like Spanish.

The sapmi - subhumans
The gypsies - thieving subhumans
The russians and their subgroups - subhumans
The swedes - basically the Jews of Finland

At least they kept their language and heritage rather than assimilating and becoming Amerimutt we wuzzers

>parisian
hehehe

Beside the obvious remaining natives in the NW and NW Patagonia:
-Menonites, Amish, etc.
-Rural settlements of Volga Germans, Russians Ukrainans etc still learning spanish as second language.
-Welsh and Afrikaner muh heritage kinda isolated settlements in Chubut and Santa Cruz

>We have Cajuns. They’re Americans who larp as French people

youtube.com/watch?v=NxVOIj7mvWI

Americans who still speak with a British accent.

>they kept their language and heritage
errr...no. They're not like Québécois.

rude, desu

You guys probably know Maoris (Natives).

Whats more interesting is the product of cultural reforms and identity development in New Zealand. Maori people are a small part of our population. We are highly diverse, but to give you an idea 70% of our population is Anglo "New Zealand European" and 15% is Maori. They are a minority in most regions.

New Zealand has really tried to develop a unique cultural identity as we have little history aside being a colony. It has done say by integrating Maori culture as the New Zealand standard, through education and cultural projects.

What this has lead to is a weird culture in working and middle class areas of white (anglo) people relating to Maori culture.

Pic related. It is a white guy with Maori tattoos. He probably says "allgoods" unironically and is very likely a cop or an electrician.

Maybe Australia has the same type of thing but I am not sure.

Sounds like a latin american country, where even the non related to natives take some parts of native stuff to differenciate from Spain. the educative system push really hard for that, specially in the last 20 years with a muddy as fuck historic revisionism, but is a thing since the 19th century.

But isn't this exactly what soc-liberals call "cultural appropriation"?

As if Quebecois are any better.

Basically. Its an ironic situation in the modern day for countries like mine. We can't promote British colonist history as it is well... British colonization. At the same time our minority history is basically a bunch of uncivilized tribes that had no connection to the outside world, and basically genocides themselves after we introduced firearms.

It sounds racist, but a lot of Maori culture was basically developed after colonization. The British created a standard Maori language for them. The colonization of New Zealand was relatively mutually beneficial. No doubt the British were doing it for themselves, but relative to other countries the missionaries and early settlers really did try a peaceful approach after bad previous experiences. They funded education and set up local government with Maori leadership and input.

These days as New Zealand looks to distance itself from its British roots we appropriate, shape and interpret Maori culture to build a culture identity.

Colombia has paisas, the most based people in Latam, and the region with the highest amount of basque ancestry in latin america

We have/had the Serani. Serani is Malay for Nasrani which is Arabic for Nazarenes, i.e. Christians. They were descended from Potuguese/Malay mutts who converted to Catholic. Over time, the Portuguese genes have been bred out and they look like Indians/flips now. They still keep using Potuguese names though and most are still Catholics.

That's interesting. I have to find some history of New Zealand in my library. I only know one movie about your country - "Topless Women Talk about Their Lives". I'm joking, of course, I also know "Black Sheep".

On a sidenote - I'm afraid that the Chinese or Hindu immigrants won't be that interested in preserving Maori traditions, so - paradoxally - those proponets of multiculturalism may, in fact, annihilate the native heritage.

The accent is terrible.

Damn i thought they spoke actual french with redneck dialect but no, they can barely speak it and it looks like they just learned it.

Nice traditional outfits - both practical and aesthetic.

He is a slav who larps as French.

>paradoxally
paradoxically, sry, it's 4 AM here

I think that this was exactly the point of his post/joke.

Sounds exactly like here, but the attempt ends up looking forced as fuck and nobody cares outside lefties in colleges. Most people just state the politically correct in public sutuations and gives a fuck irl.

Tommy Wiseau is from Poland.

Sounds Australian.

No, he is from Louisiana. Stop spreading false news.

toomany to list because out history of being a place with religious freedom

but none can ignore the vile fr*sian

youtu.be/FzI82f3AAkQ

Every province has their own subgroups. Most notable are the Frisians in Frisia (Friesland/Fryslân) who think they are Danish vikings.

I have the weirdest boner right now

Koek, goede paal.

Weren't they rivals tho, I read somewhere that the viking age was possible thanks to Frissian decline.

Yeah they are not. Like in Europe they don't assimilate well, they form there own communities.

I can understand why we have this guilt complex about pushing Maori culture into education and local projects, but it is so counter productive these days - especially in the cities (Most Maori people live in more rural communities - normally fairly poor by western standards). In Auckland or Wellington, Chinese numbers are FAR higher than Maori (Hell, even Polynesian are). Some areas have schools with 70%+ Asian rosters and they are being taught Maori culture? Its a little silly these days.

I can understand the need to preserve it, but it honestly seems like we (Anglos) care more about it than the actual Maori people do. Many don't speak the language anymore.

Frisia was claimed by pagans and then Charlemagne came. The Franks then ignored the area and vikings traded/claimed/plundered stuff here and parts were called in some old books as "South Scandinavia". That's why they especially go all "WE WUZ" and shit, but we're all viking rapebabies oetz.

strange how Dutch Frisians are we wuzzing but German Frisians don't give a fuck

We have lots of weird subgroups in rural areas

youtube.com/watch?v=WKr5KEpsXOM

We have russians that larp as some weird bogus subgroups, "Ukrainians" "belorusians" etc. even though they speak russian and they are basically russian.

Thats kinda pathetic really, they must be so mixed with local anglos, maybe even negroes, and they still pretend to be french.
At least in Quebec there were actually a shit ton of french immigrants.

The wewuzing would be more accurate if it were related to England tho.

I think they're just rational and know they're saxon mutts. Must be a culture thing.

sapmi are the true finns
the swedish invaders currently occuping the sapmi homeland must be driven out

*norlinz

They just lived without real rules until the 1500s. And then they all went apeshit and be all pirates and stuff shouting "FREEDOM". They look more Scottish then.

Amish, basically the product of German autism

youtube.com/watch?v=IqGQRdz3-14

french Canadians, newfies, Inuits, ppl from the rest of Canada make fun of them.

Melungeons, the tri-racial progeny of whites, blacks, and native Americans that lived in the mountains. They aren't really called that anymore and most have assimilated with
rest of the Appalachian trash.

Basically Amerimutts.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melungeon

We have Dungans, Chinese muslims who use Cyrillic.

>Chinese muslims who use Cyrillic.

Sort of like all those -stan countries then?

Basically like kazakhs or mongols

Mongols are predominantly Buddhists or Atheists.

Oh right I’m thinking of tatars

>practical
No, the muisca had the right idea of using ponchos of varying thickness. Basque outfits suck in mountain ranges or any place with heavy rain.

Sorbs are basically eastern germanics in denial (like most """slavs""" in fact heh)

It's the other way around - Eastern Germans are Germanised Slavs (Veleti, Obodrites).

>The accent is terrible.

They've been isolated from actual France for 150+ years. You should expect it to sound way different.

Keep in mind that Quebecois French sound "awful" to most French speaker's ears.

Quebecois sound more proper whem they drop that de la marde joual type of dialect. and they use too many anglicisms translating english expressions word for word.

wow what a qt

Too many to list
I know about some local tribes in nothern urals who still practice cannibalism
Also some volga finnic people like mari or udmurts who still worship to the forest

Australia has wh*toids
Mainly seen in suburbs and rural shitholes.

Are they all mixed with the local Greeks? I mean the Maronites

My grandmas dad was an exiled Mennonite from the Sonoran desert. No one believes me til they meet my grandmother. It's funny.

why was he exiled?

that sounds fucking retarded t b h. what do actual maoris think of it?

nah we don't, the Maori LARPing is the only real difference between our countries culturally

i can't find them on wiki. any other name for them?

whiter than you, joao

kinda
Western Australia is known for its Boer and Anglo African population, South Australia has Germans and the Anglos pretend they're still British, New South Wales has lebs and Victoria has Greeks.

Beyond that, we're pretty homogenous overall. Every state is primarily anglo celtic barring South Australia which is more anglo overall. There's a few cultural differences with the Western Australians (who often pretend they're a different country), South Australians and Queenslanders, but nothing too major.

There's a cajun bloke that owns a restaurant near my uni that said he grew up speaking French and English was his second language

Hearing that muttgirl say "venir" like that made me want to kms

I see white people with Maori tattoos here all the time.

I wish I was born in the Old World.

The Greeks should genocide them
Greece is for Greek people and no one else

OP BTFO YOUR MOM'S A FAT BITCH

holy crap, I don't speak french but I can tell this accent is shit.

It's pretty much what I'd expect from people not living among Francophones. It's still a second language, almost a regional one. It requires a lot of effort for them to speak it day round.
Think of it as the equivalent of Indian English. They speak it "fine", but Hindi is still their mother tongue.

Probably did something that went against their beliefs (gotbintoba fight maybe, they're pacifists) and got exiled, seeing as he said his grandma's dad then it's very possible he was in Mexico and moved to Arizona.

Finnic Mari people are still pagans and worship in holy groves (legitimate and not LARPers)

Nice user, i'm from Sonora and everyday when i'm going to school i see those "güeros" selling cheese at the boulevard lol

>tfw no mutt cajun gf

We have a lot of finno-ugric subgroups (karels, merya, nenci etc), a lot of russian subgroups (pomores, staroobradci etc), turkic folks, caucasian folks, other Slavic and some Germanic subgroups (Volgian Germans, and some Swedes in Karelia and Kola Peninsula).

For example my girlfriend's ancestors were Volgain Germans.