Good evening owls of Sup Forums,

What's up next for Jake?

oh yeah, this asshole.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/markwaid/status/750414552722907136
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Hi OP!

Two new books, Champions and Great Lake Avengers
>The series, revealed at Entertainment Weekly, comes from writer Mark Waid and artist Humberto Ramos; Alex Ross turned in a variant cover for the series. The new team book will star former "All-New, All-Different Avengers" characters Nova, Ms. Marvel and Spider-Man. Joining them is Amadeus Cho, the star of "Totally Awesome Hulk," as well as the teen Cyclops (previously seen in "All-New X-Men") and Vision's daughter Viv, who comes to the team from the synthezoid's series.

And GLA I could be hype for the first but Waid doesn't do it for me anymore

CABLE DREADLOCKS

CYBER DREADS

Is Champions just gonna be Marvel Waid Legion do you think? I can't understand why he is the guy writing this book. I wish Robbie Reyes was in this book.

I've literally seen someone get annoyed that the Champions is a group of teen activists that doesn't have any queer characters.
They even specifically said "in 2016".
They couldn't be more of a sterotype if they tried.

Hey OP, did you see that epic meltdown starring Cranky today?

oh man, the ending for this book is my favourite Punisher 2099 moment.

I'm curious about this

Hello Storyteller.

Cyber dreads have never, and will never make any goddamned sense.

It feels like a weird teen series. I'm not sure how to describe it, but I think because these are legacy characters separate from each other? It's not like Runaways or the Initiative stuff or even Young Avengers really. It could be good, I guess!

"Champions" would be a book that'd absolutely fucking flop normally, so attaching some actually known somewhat popular characters is a good move.

Kamala's on her way to being Wolverine status pretty fast, though, which is not going to be good for her overall quality.

I am most charmed that the GLA dude is actually from the Great Lakes area. I'm a big advocate of geographical diversity, but that comes with homework not everyone is good at doing.

(had to take the dog out)

Gotta have somewhere to plug in your microsofts, man.

>I'll fuck your butt

Jake is not so good at this theology stuff

I saw people explicitly comparing it to YA and being pissed on the queer front, but it's not YA at all--that was clearly "every team member matches some classic Avenger or close enough" at least ala Heinberg

I mean, it's basically ANAD continued but renamed because relaunch time, lol

I was expecting something funny like that Catwoman hate thread he started awhile ago

I think he did another for Amanda Waller just a few days ago

I feel someone may have to, probably in some kind of tinfoil and chrome getup. It's the only way.

>I mean, it's basically ANAD continued but renamed because relaunch time, lol
True, and with no adult supervision this time! Eat it, grandpa!

Kinda curious as to how Viv will be in something that is very much not Tom King's Vision.

I think part of the pissiness might come from being kind of pent up about the way Marvel's handled queer characters lately, which is absolutely fair game.

If Billy and Teddy don't get thrown to another team book, it's, what, POD, America, and who else now? And of course none of 'em get a solo book.

Anyone else think it's weird that with all the X-Men stuff, and Alpha Flight in Captain Marvel and part of CWII, Jean-Paul Beaubier has been sight unseen for months? Especially after they cranked up the publicity for that marriage issue a few years back.

I kind of felt for him with the "everyone on twitter felt the need to tell me I'm not a teenager" thing.

I'm surprised any member of Vision's family survives Tom King's miniseries.

BEYOND HYPE

Oh, right, and Past Bobby, and future Bobby, but who cares about those fuckers.

Anole showing up every now and then, suffocated by Lemire's inability to write a large cast.

Oh, absolutely, the queer demo's had nothing at all thrown their way by Marvel in a while.

I'd love a book with Teddy and NO BILLY

He hinted on twitter she will be the token LGBT. Marvel going all-in on the lesbian robots for Nower.

Because people totally remember the original Champions.

Very few people actually like Northstar.

>Eat it Grandpa
Please tell me that's not really the slogan for this book.

I don't think it's a completely invalid criticism of the choice of author. OTOH, it wouldn't be cast at everyone.

You know, given Marvel's recent use of the fucking Impact font I'd totally believe that was real.

DEATH JOGGERS

it's a dig at Threeboot, which was very Youth In Revolt in intentions

Young Jean needs the time and character development away from the X-Men way more than Young Cyke, but what're you gonna do.

Poor girl trapped in some bullshit plots forever.

This is true, but after "HEY! HEY! GAY MARRIAGE! HEY!" you think they'd try to push him a little.

I wonder how much of Marvel's stuff with queer characters is them being dense fucks and how much is the guy at the top being a Trump Dude.

My headcanon is the Death Joggers originate from a pedestrian faction in the Great Transatlantic Traffic Wars.

If Ike was micromanaging writers, I doubt Marvel would be publishing the content they have been these past couple of years.

it isn't a dig! i love threeboot.

the thing is everyone at big 2 is fucking old.

>Poor girl
Nothing poor about that fucking cunt

Need to quit grounding Jean and get really weird and not care about making her sympathetic as long as she's interesting. Not even talking about Phoenix stuff IMO.

Kate Leth is 26 years old.

Yeah Mark Waid's writing on Threeboot wasn't terrible just really odd.

>it's a dig at Threeboot, which was very Youth In Revolt in intentions
It's an explicit reference? Ugh. This is gonna hurt.

>lesbian robots
.... Nope, still gonna hurt, even with that.

I feel bad for Jean in general because she just keeps getting hit with the shitty writers stick. As a sympathetic character or as an antagonistic one, either way, she's not written very well or very interesting.

For example, the way she treated everyone else in Bendis' run could've been really interesting in the abuse of her powers, and dealing with the fact that she could be reacting to the way every boy on the team (even with Bobby as gay, you've got plenty of material of him in the closet) going after her and putting her on a pedestal, there's a lot to work with...

But she was just fucking boring, because no matter what choices she made, she was treated as being in the right. Even when they contradicted.

no one knows what to do with any of the O5

i was gonna mention her but I think she's an outlier. also a fan

the image is a joke image

so my LCS says Rebirth has been doing gangbusters and they love it; CW2 is doing well, too, but they seemed a little wary of it

I'm not really a fan, but my point is just there are young people around. I mean, the age thing is a dumb criticism and it doesn't hold up because if you're going to pigeonhole that shit how many middle-aged capes are there? But I also don't blame people for being turned off a cool teen book written by a 54 year old guy.

A GUN THAT SHOOTS SOULS TO DEATH

this is fucking great

And your point is...?

>A GUN THAT SHOOTS SOULS TO DEATH

IMO this is the crowning achievement of this entire series.

The company didn't make it. A fan made it.

So Tom King confirmed shadowy figure in Batman was Hugo Strange but that there's more to the story.

fucking don't like being this invested in a main Batbook and with finch art

Not just a gun, a motherfucking PARTICLE ACCELERATOR.

I think the thing I would pose is not "you're not a teenager" but "do you know any teenagers". Like, personally. Not that you've read random articles about what they're doing on the internet, but do you KNOW any teenagers RIGHT NOW.

Because as I've seen in a lot of material, it's very easy for writers to be very behind the curve, and it's made worse when they're *trying* to be hip and current instead of just writing a book with teen characters, so to speak.

If Waid sticks to "general feelings as a teenager", he's probably fine. If Waid tries to write "teenager in 2016", he's in for trouble.

At least Finch looks better than he usually does

it's so beautiful I could sniffle with happiness

jordie bellaire is a miracle worker

Also someone at Marvel needs to grab him by the shoulder and tell him not to write any social commentary issues, especially about race.

He absolutely means well, but after that shit with Strange Fruit and that fucking "he was no angel" thing in the SHIELD book, somebody needs to give him a firm talking to, from the inside.

Still not seeing your point. It brings to mind Threeboot, so it doesn't matter who made the image. This book is gonna hurt.

>A GUN THAT SHOOTS SOULS TO DEATH
>this is fucking great
All too often, I find myself questioning the sanity of those I spend my time with.

Y, solid points.

Then leave.

Yeah, the trepidation I saw was also linked to the "social commentary/protest" side of things, which is a fair thing to be O__o about

>Not just a gun, a motherfucking PARTICLE ACCELERATOR.

Punisher 2099 was shooting people with large hadron colliders before they built the thing.

Waid is a really good example of "Having the best intentions isn't always enough" in action.

That was harsh.

One time Pat Mills wrote a character who was a robot wizard ex-not!Knight Templar with a magic sword who rode a motorcycle that was just literally a chainsaw.

I feel the need to storytime some trve kvlt shit for you cranky.

Why would any of those people get a solo? Whether they're gay or not doesn't grant them any special rights to a book. If a character can't carry a solo, they won't get one, regardless of sexuality (RIP Midnighter).

God save us from some kind of Bernie analogue thing. Spencer might just up and kill Waid.

You first, fuckstick. If you want to be an oversensitive baby, that's your problem.

>I feel the need to storytime some trve kvlt shit for you cranky.
Why?

No, see, the Marvel model is to give whoever a solo, then not push them at all, then blame them and audiences who didn't even know about the book for their book failing.

Why shouldn't Ms. America have a book that's destined to be underpromoted by Marvel and cancelled in 8 issues or less? Morbius got a fucking book. Red Wolf got a book.

There are some sexy robots and human genocides, you'll probably like it.

twitter.com/markwaid/status/750414552722907136

Poor Waid

Wanting a gay character isn't a bad thing when they're literally promoting the book as "so proud it has one white character." When writers and editors are as stereotypical as they get, I don't expect audience to hold back and Teen Bobby would've made much more sense too.

say, does anyone have the Luke Cage "dark Avengers, dark assemble" panel handy?

>bisexual robots
Fixed that for you. She had a thing for her lab partner.

Teen Bobby will always be a fucking insult.

Morbius's solo in the 90s went 32 issues, which would be unheard of now, so there was some precedent there.

Yeah, if they're willing to do niche books for Black Knight, Morbius, Red Wolf, why not something where there's clearly been some degree of fan response?

They aren't wrong

Black Knight was so fucking hilarious of a pick. Of all the characters to highlight, fucking Dane Whitman? Really?

And then of course Marvel throws it in the deep end of the pool and shrugs when it does crap numbers. Do they expect the creators to do a marketing blitz for them?

>tfw you were born in the same year as an awful, awful person

the "don't talk about herc and angela" person still holding the reins up top

One other aspect is who do they put on that book.

I don't, and I really feel like I should.

I don't think she's all that awful, awful as a person. I do ktf though.

Wish Black Knight had been desu. Always got time for the fantasy knight shit and the sword-ing.

I can't seem to find it, and I need it like burning right now

that too, although who knows, McKelvie would do it, he's said, buuut...

they clearly can't ever tell what's gonna hit so just shot gun shit. Fraction and Wilson both said that they didn't expect Hawkeye/Ms Marvel to last beyond 6 issues.

I'd rather this book be written by Hastings or Spencer desu.

They're so fucking weird. They know that marketing big books and events helps sell those books, and they absolutely market the shit out of them...

Then they look at their smaller titles and go "Well fuck it, I don't know. You're on your own."

Be an indie darling on your own or die, basically.

I'd rather this book be written by Bennett, just to see Sup Forums freak out desu

Aha, I found it, cropping and I'll post

OH NO, THEY'VE GOT CLIPBOARDS AND PENS!

and look at that rapeface

I wanted it for something once before but Google turned up nothing