Fun fact about GMOs, Sup Forums. If we didn't have GMOs, three billion people on the planet would starve...

Fun fact about GMOs, Sup Forums. If we didn't have GMOs, three billion people on the planet would starve. There's literally no reason why Sup Forums should be anti-organic. You all hate organic foods because of how liberals go on about how bad GMOs are, without realizing the fact so many people you hate would likely die if we stopped GMO production.

Other urls found in this thread:

ucsusa.org/food_and_agriculture/our-failing-food-system/genetic-engineering/failure-to-yield.html
theorganicprepper.ca/the10-gmo-myths-that-monsanto-wants-you-to-believe-07202013
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm not a test subject.

So Im gonna avoid them until I know they are safe. Rest of you guys have fun being guinea pigs.

Africa would die off, whats wrong about that?

Non-GMO crops have higher yields than GMO crops.

>If we didn't have GMOs, three billion people on the planet would starve

WTF I hate GMOs now

There is literally no difference between humans making different breeds of crops naturally and using genetics to achieve the same.

Legit every single thing you eat is technically GMO.

Your bananas, tomatoes, peanuts, lettuce, milk, steak, grain for bread, corn, etc is all GMO.

Every single thing except tasteless low yield heirloom shit is GMO. The reason corn has more then 6 kernels on the cob is cause of GMO, the reason bananas are yellow and seedless is cause of GMO, the reason those eggplants and apples even made it to the shelf without rotting is because of GMO

>If we didn't have GMOs, three billion people on the planet would starve.

Thats a lot of people. And what percentage of those people would be white?

When /pol thinks they are scientists.

There is a difference between selective breeding for traits as we did in wolves to make dogs and genetically modifying something on the cellular level.

To each their own I'm not against gmo's but I'm not their test subject either. If you guys all live another 20-25 years without huge increase in disease I will start eating them too.

What health concerns do you have about GMO and what do you think is so bad about them?

Being anti-GMO is retarded. Like you must be literally retarded to believe that.

I love organic food because muh vitamins and hate GMOs because muh engineered blandness

GMO companies are Jews if it helps anyone here go to the farmer's market

Well to me there is no proof for them being bad or good for you because it requires a bigger window of research and testing. I do not feel we have had enough time to understand their effects.

Like I said I'm not anti-gmo. I just know Monsanto is a greedy corrupt company that will do anything for profit even putting peoples health at risks. I'm not gonna let them guinea pig me.

It's just that.

THREE BILLION PEOPLE NEED TO STARVE, GMO ARE OVERPOPULATING

We're dependant on something unhealthy?
Stop the presses, america surely has never seen such deception!

If I eat biological etc cookies I totally notice the much better and based taste and all that compared to non biologic and all that cookies.

The same goes for any other thing. Could be a vegetable or piece of fruit. Some things are technically of less quality. This is some specific food areas.

That is a mess golden rice was an abysmal failure Norman Borlaug cultivated grains of rice that ended up saving billions of lives but that was not through genetic modification but rather genetic engineering very different

yeah well the problem isn't using technology to manually edit genes, its what they are doing to those genes that is extremely fucked up. like turning on and off genes that make it resistant to all kind of pesticides so they can just plane-spray the entire field with glyphosate(Round-Up) so they can save lots of money on specific kinds of herbicides and pesticides.

I don't about you, but I don't want to eat glyphosate soaked veggies (they already have about a dozen crops like this though)

we have NO IDEA what happens when you do this, not just to the plant, but to the soil and to ourselves. Everything we've seen so far suggests its very, very bad. killing off micronutrients and good bacteria, etc.

if they just wanted to make a plant say, more heat resistant by editing a well understood gene, then fine. but they aren't just doing that.

F U C K
O F F

GM crop yields are poor
ucsusa.org/food_and_agriculture/our-failing-food-system/genetic-engineering/failure-to-yield.html

You are repeating lies
theorganicprepper.ca/the10-gmo-myths-that-monsanto-wants-you-to-believe-07202013

to be honest, the only reason I avoid gmo's is because all the elites avoid them - including the executives of the gmo companies, and often even the scientists involved in the research.

If they aren't willing to eat their own product, why in the fuck should I be.

SELECTIVE BREEDING IS NOT THE SAME AS GENE SPLICING

YOU CAN NEVER GET A FISH TO FUCK A TOMATO

THERE ARE NO LONG TERM STUDIES ON THE LONG TERM EFFECTS OF CONSUMING LAB EDITED BIOTECH GM FOODS

3 MONTH STUDIES ARE NOT LONG ENOUGH TO DETERMINE HEALTH IMPACTS ON HUMANS

>GMO
>food

I'd rather not evolve into an inferior being only able to eat genetically modified shit.

WHAT HEALTH CONCERNS DO YOU HAVE ABOUT ASBESTOS, RADIATION OR SMOKING?

HOW LONG DID SCIENTISTS INSIST THEY WERE 'SAFE'

IF YOU WANT DISEASE, EAT UP

I WANT A CHOICE IN WHAT I EAT AND YOU ARE A FOOL IF YOU DON'T

Has anyone actually read the op?

first two sentences were enough

there's always ignorant pro-GMO people that pop up in every GMO discussion and bringing up counter args are useful for them

Good. Let's do it, there was too many of us anyhow, especially the kind so poor they can't afford marginally more expensive food.

thats it, im anti GMO now. why didnt someone tell me this sooner?

But it is the same. GMO = Genetically Modified. You're genetically changing the original 'thing' to become a different thing. That changes it's genetics. If you're white and you have a kid with a black person, then they have a kid with a black person, then they do, eventually your family tree will have all black people. That's how genetics work.

You're thinking that GMO is some sort of evil genius thing done by crazy people "messing with nature". They're not.

Did you know the bananas we eat are going to die out soon? They became popular because they were resistant to banana blight. Now they're not. If we want to keep eating them, we're going to have to either:

1. Take the hit and clear out the infected soil. Which means leaving it fallow for 20+ years.

2. Switch banana variety.

3. Genetically alter the Cavandish in order to make it immune to the blight

4. Breed it with another variety that's resistant (which we don't know of)

Therefore, the easiest option would be to edit the genetics of the banana to make it resistant or immune to the infection. That would be a GMO.

>implying Sup Forums wants people from Africa to survive
If anyone should be the #1 enemy of white men it should be Bill Gates trying to cure Malaria and shit.

Am farmer, can confirm. The only time GMO is better, is if you need to drench your crops in glyphosate because the soil is so depleted that they can't fend off basic pests on their own. This also has terrible side effects on you, your customers, and your environment.

There's a good bit of promise in GMOs, but only in the broader theoretical sense. Nothing impressive has actually "come to fruition", so to speak.

>"genetically modified shit"
they are objectively superior to ordinary non gm grown food.

Im neutral on GMO in general but the concern people have is with crops engineered to be resistant to herbicide, because they tend to soak up the chemicals used like Glyphosate and end up in the food supply.

fucking degenerate

WTF! I hate GMO's now!

It's not the same method, and that's the important part

That's like saying using an oven is the same as using a microwave, if you think so then I want you to put one fork inside your oven, and another fork inside your microwave, and turn them on for 10 minutes :)

I have no problem with selective breeding, it's been done for ages

Unless you can show me long term studies on health effects of eating 'genetically altered' foods, kindly fuck off

>You're thinking that GMO is some sort of evil genius thing done by crazy people "messing with nature". They're not.

What combinations have been tried?

It is now possible for plants to be engineered with genes taken from bacteria, viruses, insects, animals or even humans. The Institute for Responsible Technology reports that scientists have been busy throwing together some creepy combinations. Here are some of the ones they list on their website:

– Spider genes were inserted into goat DNA, in hopes that the goat milk would contain spider web protein for use in bulletproof vests
– Cow genes turned pigskins into cowhides
– Jellyfish genes lit up pigs’ noses in the dark (a truly useful application)
– Arctic fish genes gave tomatoes and strawberries tolerance to frost
– Potatoes were developed that glowed in the dark when they needed watering
– Human genes were inserted into corn to produce spermicide (yuck)

Current field trials include:

– Corn engineered with human genes (Dow)
– Sugarcane engineered with human genes (Hawaii Agriculture Research Center)
– Corn engineered with jellyfish genes (Stanford University)
– Tobacco engineered with lettuce genes (University of Hawaii)
– Rice engineered with human genes (Applied Phytologics)
– Corn engineered with hepatitis virus genes (Prodigene)

>the easiest option would be to edit the genetics of the banana to make it resistant or immune to the infection. That would be a GMO.

Easiest/cheapest option does not mean best option

Forget it OP, you're never going to convince the organic retards. They literally have the same mentality about food as Islamists about halal meat. If you show them any studies they'll fire back with twenty links from their favorite organic food blogs about how gene splicing is, liek, totally bad for you cus u got da spider DNAs in corn z0mg wtf. Shit just look at this retard . He literally compared GMO vs. non-GMO to microwaves and ovens. That should tell you what kind of people you're up against.

You won't convince them, they've been lied to by every green movement out there. These are the same people who think you can decalcify your pineal gland with healthy foods. They have an extremely narrow understanding of genetics and think a sophomore college class or a couple blog posts on the topic makes them experts.

You're better off trying to convince niggers not to steal.

I'm saying organic is a good thing. Its natural population control.

And nothing in your post addressed anything I posted

oh yes, biotech industry funded studies, cause they won't allow independent testing, oh yes the 3 month long studies which didn't find any tumors, cause we all know health effects show up the day after...

Were your mother and father related?

Maybe that's a good thing
Get rid of them