Preview for Green Arrow #2

Kind of pointless/late since the real thing will be out digitally in 5-6 hours... but whatever.

From Hitfix. And not gonna start with the cover since it might clash with the later thread.

So I told Percy to kill Ollie....he actually did it! The absolute madman!

Main cover by Ferreyra.

Neal Adams variant. And finished for now.

Can somebody give me a recap for context? (I'm a Marvel pleb who's slowly migrating to DC more and more)

EMIKO NO

Character bios:
* Oliver Queen is basically liberal Bruce Wayne -- instead of going to exotic foreign lands to train his skills, he got trapped on an island and learned archery. That, along with other stuff, made him the left-leaning douche that we all love.

* Shado is an important figure in almost all main Green Arrow runs, starting with Mike Grell's run in the late 80s. In the context of the New52 multiverse (and thus Rebirth), she was the lover of Robert Queen (Oliver's father) who were both part of this big archery/totem/tribe conspiracy thing (it's a part of Lemire/Sorrentino's run on the new52 Green Arrow, #17-34). Also, if it's not obvious or hinted, she's a super badass archer, usually as good as/better than Oliver.

* Emiko is the daughter of Robert and Shado, and thus Oliver's sister. She was kind of evil for a while when she thought her father was Komodo, one of the villains of the Lemire run, but she's a good guy now....except for helping to kill Oliver.

* Black Canary, or Dinah Lance, was in a (dream)punk band for a little bit (her own title!), but was hanging out in Seattle when she stumbled on the fringes of a human auction, which she busted with Oliver. Historically, BC and GA were kind of a big deal within the DCU -- until the new52 erased that history. Percy seems to be basing their current (and very new) relationship on the early parts of Grell's run.

Plot-wise:
* In the 80-page DCU Rebirth special, there's a page devoted to the hinting that Green Arrow and Black Canary belong together...
* ... and then they meet up and get along in Green Arrow Rebirth, after busting up a human auction as mentioned above.
* The two get a little closer as they shut down more of these operations, but it's revealed that the leader behind these auctions is the CFO of Queen Industries. As you can piece together, the CFO hires Shado to kill Oliver and, with a little help from Emiko, she succeeds.

Where's Felicity?

off yourself nigga

This

Comic would be better with Felicity and Oliver getting together to keep it consistent with the tv show, rather than Black Canary (lame character anyway)

Just think: one day, Felicity fans will seriously beg for Felicity to be in the comic because she won't be in the show anymore -- since the show won't exist anymore -- and thus, a comic will be the last place for them to officially see their self-insert in action.

>is called rebirth
>instead he dies
Do you think he'll be reborn

desu i waited years for geoff johns to put out a green arrow rebirth and percy's comic is the best approximation of what a johns-GA would be like. Now if only percy would use lemire's outsiders mythology and/or the rogues gallery he built up for ollie

How much does this joke have to be said till it becomes stale?

Only good comic out of Rebirth so far, but really looking forward to the rest

>When will a meme stop being a meme?

Are you new to Sup Forums? Have you been to Sup Forums lately?

Pic related.

I'm not new and but that was a stupid question for me to ask. At least that meme was actually funny.

>At least that meme was actually funny