Superman #2 Storytime

"Son of Superman" Chapter two!

Time to DESTROY DESTROY DESTROY

>DC actually marketing Red Hood

Rocafort is gift to comics.

The colors will fly.

Agreed. I love this style and whoever colors his work needs equal thanks.

Don't call him SUPERBOY. I wished for a more makeshift costume but it looks alright here.

BTFO to the guys who were expected him to be shirtless here.

How old is Jon supposed to be now?

DESTROY
DESTROY
DESTROY
DESTROY

>burying your pet
>all smiles
Lex was right.

I had a thought today, about Jon and Clark having a fight over him needing to hide his powers from the world, ending with Jon screaming at Clark before he flies off, [/spoiler] "Why don't you just put the whole world in a bottle, Dad?"

He's going to be shirtless next issue user.

Thanks for reading, folks.

Support the official release!

Batman #2:

HE LOOKS LIKE OLD SCHOOL ERADICATOR!!!

I get the impression the artists would also like to draw Superman's red trunks again.

And this is a story how Eradicator got his glasses.

>wrong date
Also Batgirl #1 preview is already out, lettered.

9-10. he came here when the jl formed as a newborn and it's been 5 years + almost another 5

>that hand touch

Jesus christ. That's faster than Ollie and Dinah getting together.

they are kids everything moves fast especially puppy love.

so I wonder what the girl's deal is? Is she gonna end up being a robot or something

Actually no, it's not been that much time since the New 52 began. Real time =/= comic book time

It's been almost 6-7 years since the JL formed, but Jon is older than that. It's a timeline fuck up.

no dc has been pretty consistant with 1 Y real time equals 1 year comic book time

Seems interesting. When this is coming out?

July 27

Cute

Eradicator is back, this is not good news

Thanks.

This is really good and I can't wait to read more!

how long till someone storytimes coming of the supermen. I tried reading it and my eyes started bleeding and I'm pretty sure some brain cells died

FUCKING OZYMANDIAS, ENOUGH WITH THE SQUIDS ALREADY!

I don't know, he wound up a pretty cool dude eventually, maybe this one is fast-tracked for the "not a genocidal AI anymore" character position.

You can tell in a lot of these action scenes, especially when its literally Classic Superman playing dress up

>That lil bit of concentration tongue poking out

Jon is already best Superboy

SUPERSHOTA suit looks cool

>kids holding hand
l-lewd

That was a lot more upbeat than the first issue.

So the world is aware this is a "new" Superman...makes sense, given Clark never made a big deal about hiding the fact he was different to Lana.

art is fantastic

>You can do this, you're my son
I love you Superdad

Shame that Gleason won't be doing the next issue but Jorge Jimenez is pretty cool too. I hope he still is the artist for Super Sons though (And that it's still going, and that they're just waiting for this arc to end so Jon can finally be Superboy. Damnit I don't want another Mystic U)

>Those anons who thought Superdad was actually the Eradicator
Top Kek

That was fucking great.
>Superman being calm and understanding yet also authoritative and sure of himself in a non-cocky way.
>While also being Superdad
>Jon being adorable
I-It's everything I've ever wanted. This is how Superman should be.

The thing that would make it literally perfect is if they gave him back the fucking red trunks.

Gleason is too good for this mediocre garbage.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Put some trunks on EW52 Supes

>Thank you Jon, we're finally rid of that stupid cat. Now what happened to Ranger?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH WE BACK IN BIDNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>mfw the crotch area gets covered in shadows so much because everybody hates the full blue onesie

Just give him back the trunks already

You're a piece of shit. Honestly kill yourself.

When was the last time you were happy, user?

This book was excellent.
>father son bonding
>the issue with the cat resolved well with no melodrama
>cute kid romance
>Eradicator
>Lois Lane mailing something to Lois Lane seed for future issues
Probably the best Superman issue since Rebirth started.

According to Rucka WW has been around for 10 years, if we assume Justice League was formed a year into Wondy's career that means JL origin and Jon's birth happened 9 years ago.

>El Family
I can't wait for the next adventure of Superhombre and SuperniƱo

Lois should have slapped Jon for having hidden the truth, then embraced him for having admitted it.
I'd be mad if someone burned my cat to crisps.

Technically the entire confession happened off panel and we only see it ended ok with a burial. Feel free to head canon that was the first reaction I guess.

>L. Lane
>1111 Delaney Court
>New Troy, Metropolis

>Lois Smith
>1938 Carter Court
>Hamilton County, Metropolis

Did nu52 Lois Lane send pre52 Lois Lane a package? According to wiki New Troy is the part of Metropolis that the Daily Planet office is, which is some good research and details.

Also 1938 was the year of the first Superman comic. And John Delaney reference.

I thought time moved slower in the DCU even if it didn't have the compressed timeline Marvel had. It creates a lot of issues if it's real time like do you realize how old that'd make Damian? His first appearance was technically back in 1987 and there was no way in hell he was 24 before the New 52 hit.

Jon could at least cry in this panel. Really weird.

They did the same thing for comics even before the New 52 to HIDE the trunks so....

I mean, he may have had a close tie to the cat, but as the issue said, it's Lois's pet.

Lex's illegitimate daughter

The old from 1984 was never named and is non canon thanks to Morrison being an idiot.

Damian did spend some time dead, but Geoff Johns retconed that and now he's aged 3 years to be 13 when ideally he should be a max 1 year older than Jon.

Still I have a hard time seeing the DCU working in real time, shouldn't Billy Batson be well into adulthood if it was?

Nah, Supes said Lois would understand and be proud, if she reacted like that it'd make him out to be a liar. Angsty user can look elsewhere for his OOC crud.

Honestly they only apply it to characters they want it to, which is why Tim is suddenly 18 despite saying himself that he's 16 only a few months ago.

Billy actually has grow a bit from the original 10/12 years of his origin, he's going to stay 15 because any more his appeal will go.

BEST SUPERMAN DESIGN

>no storytime of The Coming of the Supermen

It's a bastardization of the "DC trinity". Red Hood, Bizarro, and some evil bitch.

Nice cover.

Variant cover is really weak.

It's Artemis

Wow, he's not like the Punisher at all

Why does he think his own dad would "turn him over" like that?

Why is there a giant fucking octopus?

>honey our son killed our cat, aren't you proud?

He knows next to nothing about his dad being "a Superman from another universe", just heard about this stuff just a couple of days/weeks ago. So for all he knows daddy likes to marry people to golliras as a witch doctor or threatens to murder people for putting pennies in their ears or even deny a whole city water for keks

That little faggot's heat vision is already THAT powerful?

Really good issue! Rebirth makes me to love Superman again! DC finally is doing it right!

Why is Superboy bleeding?

>Fuck DC, I'm drawing the trunks anyway

Well that's bad.

... Literally no one was expecting that.

So that little turd knows his secret? That's kind of retarded.