AQUAMAN #2 STORYTIME

A great Aquaman and Black Manta conflict is showed in this issue

Variant

>This reminds me of that time I killed your son.

>Damnit, Manta, EVERYTHING reminds you of the time you killed my son.

please let Sark be alive
please let Sark be alive
please let Sark be alive

whyyyyyy

why would you pull it out THAT way

I love how Manta does in 2 issues what would take any other villain 2 arcs to do.

aquaman looks like a 4th of july beer-gut dad in this cover.

They get too distracted by themselves to just get the fucking job done. Manta has one goal in life and that's fucking with Aquman.

But it wasent a violent death. Are they retconing that.

There has been a lot of things so far this run that I'm unsure if they are retcons or oversights. (Still great though)

Just do it you twat. Manta is a nameless terrorist with a huge body count. No one will care that you killed him.

>3 Manta grunts
>1 Manta grunt
>3 Manta grunts
>2 Manta grunts

Just make him suffer Manta, that's got to be better than killing him.

Looks like they are fixing the problem of her slang sounding more Australian then English she still says cricky but she backs it up with more British sounding stuff

>All black people look alike to Aquaman

That sounds really bad arthur

Mera giving Arthur that "nigga for realz?" look

Abnett is English so I dunno what he's going for then.

This fight has been nothing but disappointment.

The end. I'm quite excited about what Abnett has planned.
I really enjoyed this and I hope it's the same for you

I auctualy thought he was going to try and kill him.

I assumed he decided that now that his actions directly threatened the peace between Atlantis and the surface it was now ok to kill him

Still although I normaly hate no I won't kill you crap I liked it here it was well done

So what's the power difference between these two? Is Manta also superhuman?

I have to admit, I'm more intrigued by this run than I was at the end of issue #1. The fact that Abnett was willing to let Manta's plan fail so quickly is a good sign, IMO.

I think that's what there getting at there moving manta over to a a more fucking with Arthur angle. The dialouge here is meant to represent the change in direction coming with rebirth

I really enjoyed that this was a nice quick 2-issue arc. A problem occurred and then it was resolved, all while still establishing the status quo, supporting cast, and future villains.

Yeah it seems that there more willing to do stuff that resolves in just a few issues now fighting back against how out of hand decompression has got.

Considering how well most of rebirth has turned out I'm optimistic they will have the good sense not to go to far in the other direction

Loving this series so far though sad no confirmation of Sark being alive though we also didn't get confirmation that's he's dead. Keep hope alive.

I like it. it treated Manta as a creature of hate and how powerless it is when there's nothing left to hate.

It's more badass that way.

I think with Sark they left his survival up in the air until they saw how people liked him the overwhelming positive response means he will survive

Who bitch this is?

Srry Sarkfags, but Sark is dead forever.

Atlantean Jihadis.

That's impossible.

Aquaman's sick of people not recognizing that he's a badass.

Another good issue! Thanks based Abnett!

So Aquaman doesn't kill anymore? That's fucking stupid. He's a king. He'd better kill.

He does kill sometimes but it's generally away from the public eye and only things that are attacking his kingdom

>Batman was good
>Superman and Shota was good
>Green Lanterns was shockingly good
>Aquaman is good

Holy shit this week is great for DC. Only letdown of the bunch is Justice League so far.

There's also Flintstones and Future Quest.

Oh shit I forgot Future Quest was this week!

rebirth has great for awhile now

It was just "okay" for the first month. The books seem to be really hitting their stride now though.

My only fear is that he will be brought back as some zombie thing or other sort of villain.

Aquaman will be held captive!

To be frank, the man socializes with fish and they all look the same if they're the same species.

Then just kill him Arthur, to be honest Manta has it coming. You wouldn't be killing him to get him off your back, you'd be killing him to stop him from murdering a shit ton of people along the path of killing you.

He's got enough of a PR disaster to deal with right now as it is. Giftwrapping Manta for the human authorities to take care of might stave some of that off.

I like that they kept the killing each others dads thing. Its a good start to the rivalry and it gives em both initial motivation and arcs.

Especially Manta as it allows his hate to go on that journey from justified to just lost in the depths of hatred/powered by it irrationally.

And Green Arrow continues to be fantastic

Yeah you're right. It was probably the worst time to kill him.

Only JL felt weak

And King's Batman was really good too! A vast improvement from the 1st issue!

How the hell did Aqua Man become my most looked forward too DC book? This is a major turn around considering I used to be a major Batfag, only thing I really don't enjoy about it is Stubbs saying "crikey", every now and then, as a Britfag it gets incredibly annoying and nobody talks like that.

Also why are so many DC villains bald, Black Manta, Lex Luthor, Darkseid, etc.?

>Also why are so many DC villains bald, Black Manta, Lex Luthor, Darkseid, etc.?
It's obviously to teach kids that evil makes you evil, like in the good old days of the silver age
Than they would start wearing toupee like Trump

A lot of people pointed it out in the thread here and the last issue too.

It's inexplicable because Abnett's a Brit himself.

What's happening with J'onn in Rebirth at the mo?

We don't know. He hasn't been in any of the books so far.

>HOW IS THE WIFE KID ?!

Aquaman #3 final cover.

Briones takes the interiors earlier than expected. Expect a fill-in artist in #5, and by #6 Walker may return.

It's too late for me to update the Rebirth checklist. Still waiting for the Wonder Woman #3 regular cover reveal.

So Aquaman killed Kaldur's grandpa?

I hope he gets a good book, really looking forward to some Martian Manhunter, also Blue Beetle and Hellblazer both seem very promising.

>Mera ready to drown a motherfucker

And that's why we love her

Also the fact she's a deliciously sexy redhead, who is into femdom.

He literally killed the black guys father in this issue? Did you even read a word?

>Especially Manta as it allows his hate to go on that journey from justified to just lost in the depths of hatred/powered by it irrationally.
Indeed there giving him a good reason for his hate while not discarding the obsessive focus on ruining his life that makes him so great

>Darkseid
Darkseid simply is user

It's an interesting contrast between the hero's in there willingness to kill and it's not to jaring because although aquaman doesent kill often he doesent avoid it religiously like Batman or Superman.

I don't think Mera even buys into the whole superhero thing considering she doesn't try to give herself a superhero title nor try to be a paragon of virtue out of the idea that her actions might influence the general public (outside of anything that might have a diplomatic backlash for Atlantis), she's just a metahuman that helps people when she sees them in trouble and is willing to fuck over anyone that messes with her. It's part of what makes her character refreshing.

no Sark no buy

Everyday

I wonder what N.E.M.O goals are and what the name means

Dammit Sark's dead, I forgot about that.

Abnett was being pretty coy about it on Twitter when I asked him, so there may be hope yet.

He'll introduce Tark, Sark's twin brother who has the same personality.

See
&

Last issues storytime lasted for an absurd amount of time talking about future possibilities for sark

What things said there do you hope to see

>Only AFTER being arrested does Manta realize he should kill Mera instead

Wait, wasn't that his original plan? To kill Mera and hurt him? Shit his Aquahateboner was so strong he forgot his gameplan after Arthur started fighting him.

Yeah I don't like the dialogue much (it seems way too cheesy in a Silver-Age style) but this is actually going places, maybe.

So this is the arc where Manta gets a waifu? Cool; it's like Abnett was reading the Manta thread from a few days ago suggesting Manta should get his own waifu who would arch Mera

I came here to say that.