Federal agency says wearing 'Don't Tread on Me' hat could be racial harassment

>Wearing a Gadsden Flag hat to work could be considered racial harassment, according to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the government body that oversees “hostile work environment” harassment claims against federal agencies.

>The iconic flag, which originates from the Revolutionary War, features coiled snake above the words “Don’t Tread On Me.” In recent years, it has become a favorite symbol of the Tea Party movement and conservative activists.

>Earlier this year, the EEOC received a complaint from a “Shelton,” an African American, who charged that his employer (the federal government) had subjected him to racial discrimination when a coworker “repeatedly wore a cap with an insignia of the Gadsden Flag.” Shelton (not his real name) said he found the cap to be “racially offensive” because the man who designed it in 1775, Christopher Gadsden, was a slave owner and because the insignia was a “historical indicator of white resentment against blacks stemming largely from the Tea Party.”

>However, the commission also found that the Gadsden Flag could be “interpreted to convey racially-tinged messages in some contexts,” citing as an example a 2014 shooting spree in which white supremacists draped Gadsden Flags over the bodies of two murdered police officers.
foxnews.com/politics/2016/08/05/federal-agency-says-wearing-dont-tread-on-me-hat-could-be-racial-harassment.html

What isn't racist in 2016?

>come to a different conclusion than me
>I have to label you and make a law against this

>anti-government overstepping bounds flag
>government oversteps bounds and labels them racist and makes it illegal or at least sue worthy
It is like ironing

even if i hate you burgers and want to see an end to america
its really shit that liberal fucks cry RACISM at every corner, what's happening to the world fuck

They did the same thing with the confederate flag.

>libertarianism is now illegal

It was only a matter of time.

Jesus Christ, this isn't real. It can't be.

Ron Paul happening memes are best reserved for moments like these.

That's the direction the world is going, collective anons. It's a good thing we spend almost all of our time on the internet and don't have to deal with the world's ever-increasing slide towards leftist bullshit in person.

Just wait until they realize Betsy Ross's husband John Ross owned slaves.

facepalm.jpg

Does that mean it's offensive to fly an Israeli flag, since Jews were the biggest slave owners?

Now I'm no American so correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the whole "don't tread on me" thing just mean that you want the government to mind their own business?

Yep.
It's like poetry in motion.

Post rare gasdens

For all the hate against law enforcement the black community seems to support, it's pretty ironic they're trying to go against a flag that was flown by dudes that killed law enforcement 240 years ago.

I just made this.

Like it?

Love you, seppo

Equal Employment Opportunity Commission

Someone just lost their funding.

On March 6, 1961, President John F. Kennedy signed Executive Order 10925, which required government contractors to "take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and that employees are treated during employment without regard to their race, creed, color, or national origin."[4] It established the President's Committee on Equal Employment Opportunity of which then Vice President Lyndon Johnson was appointed to head. This was the forerunner of the EEOC.

JFK killed our freedom, so the Communists killed him!

Is there anything the Irish didn't destroy?

The Catholic Jew?

wtf i hate the irish now

And that's why nobody should have a state to pull this shit.

Kek

just wait til he realizes he is a slave to the democrat party and hillary's pocketbooks

shit oc

appropriate given the thread topic

Nice 7's

I was called into HR for wearing a MAGA hat during my commute to work, and leaving it in my car.

Company? What did they ask/tell you?

Blue Cross Blue Shield.
They said they had gotten an unspecified complaint about it.
I still wear it.

REEEEEE

white people get out... we won't stop until you are all in cages.

I just made this

>not Alpha Legion

Good on ya. Fucking HR departments are the worst. I worked for a bookstore that originally had Ben Carson booked for a signing during the debates and publicly marketed it for almost a month. They ended up canceling it with less than a week remaining and told all of us to play stupid. Everyone knows the higher ups are big time leftists, but if that is true, why book him at all? Do they even pay attention to the election coverage at all?
Needless to say, he went to a competitor and the line was around the building. Ridiculous.

This desu

unconstitutional

try again later

>tfw the race war won't be started by Obama, Clinton or even niggers but a group of backwards hicks

Is anyone here going to commend me for spending a few minutes making this artistic masterpiece?

>could be interpreted to convey racially-tinged messages in some contexts
>could be
>interpreted
>some contexts
>Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the government body that oversees “hostile work environment” harassment claims
lel ure pic related naw m9 xDDD

It's not a racial thing. EEOC needs to be sued to settle this in law.

who makes these?