Why aren't New Zealand and Australia the same country?

why aren't New Zealand and Australia the same country?

Why aren't Portugal and Spain the same country?

because we fought a war to not be in the same country, now answer the damn question

Aussies want to be special snowflakes just like Leafs refusing to be annexed by the US.

I think you're talking about new zealand there

No, I’m pretty sure I said that right. Australia belongs to big strong New Zealanders.

that would be a just gay marriage of two faggoty cunts

why aren't france and quebec one country???

t. russell crowe

False. We included NZ when we federated, it says in our constitution that NZ is/can be a state of Australia. This was done with the assumption that it would eventually happen, but they never wanted to. Things like the Trans-Tasman Travel Arrangement and 518k Kiwis in Australia, were basically meant to be temporary things before official unification.

It couldn't in that way now, due to division and identity. If it were to happen now, you'd have to make Australia and New Zealand as separate divisions but one country. Rather than NZ as a state of Australia. There's also issues of differing government and policies, New Zealand is a unitary state whilst Australia is a federation. Overall politically, the countries are very different. More so than countries you might think as obviously distinct.

theres nothing in between so you don't see it but its accually far as fuck away

we are one country

Hawaii and Alaska are much further from the continental US than New Zealand is from Australia, so that’s no excuse.

Welll I'll be

alaska should be canadian though

I think you mean Canada should be part of the US so we can cansolidate a land connection to our rightful territory

its not an excuse its not like New Zealand is the Falklands of Australia why bother having adding a state with a 1/4 of your population which would have to be self governed anyway because its so far away and the completely different way they were run
especially when the population was like 3 million at federation and you'd have to go by ship and we practically had a joint military as well

>being cucked by the eternal Anglo this hard
Canadians really are pathetic

Portugal/Spain border is one of the oldest in the world, you two are just made up countries of very similar people.
>inb4, so is latin america

Why aren’t New Zealand, Australia, Britain and Canada the same country?

I'll sign up only if he comes back

When federation happened they were involved in talks but pulled out because they thought their distance from Canberra meant they would be neglected by the federal government. Some historians speculate that if federation happened two decades later when aeroplanes invented then maybe they would have joined the Commonwealth.

Likewise this is the same reason Western Australia was initially not going to join and only agreed once they were promised that the new federal treasury would fund a trans-continental railway to connect them to the east coast.

Hawaii doesn't really feel like an integral part of the USA though, more like some random Pacific colony.

Also it is not even geographically in America, so how can it be one of the United States of America?

if new zealand had a referendum right now about whether we should join australia as a state i would vote no, but i wouldn't be crying about it if we did anyway. besides, australia still has a legislative council while we got rid of ours like 70 years ago, it's not like we're the same country

New Zealand should annex New Caledonia, Lord Howe Island, Norfolk Island, and Macquarie Island to become Zealandia

Aren't Aus and NZ kinda like the US and Canada anyway?
NZ seems a lot more progressive than Australia.

New Zealand has the highest rates of domestic violence and sexual violence in the developed world
This country is full of omega sexists who abuse their wives because they are weakling cowards who let out their anger on the fairer sex
Progressive my arse

There was a war, also France thought it was a good idea to trade Québec and Acadia (current GDP $479 billion) for Haiti and Guadeloupe (current GDP $18 billion).

That's just Maori's bumping up the numbers

Hawaii should not be a part of the United States. It was stolen by force and much to the dismay of the residents, who were then slowly killed off while the island was repopulated

must i remind you of FIRST UNIVERSAL WAMEN SUFFERAGE

Doesn't New Zealand have much more relaxed gun laws than Australia? Something like Canada's?

By that logic, the United States shouldn’t be part of the United States either because the same thing happened in the American part.

fuck off my island haole

Not that I know off; I've never met a civilian that actually owned a gun before

Because we didn't want to be the same country. Or to be more precise, New Zealand didn't want to be an Australian state. I think the differences in both colonies' relationships to their indigenous people was a strong factor in this decision.

Your queen literally got overthrown by tourists lmao

I'm only gonna say this one more time

get the FUCK off my island haole

How common is Maori male and white female match up?

>I think the differences in both colonies' relationships to their indigenous people was a strong factor in this decision.

As in?

If by "Maori" you mean all islanders (we have a lot of groups) then I would say I don't see it too often but I do see white male/island female often

Maoris are/were much more organised and civilised than Aboriginals, meaning the British signed a treaty with the Maoris called the Treaty of Waitangi. Abos on the other hand were very much scattered Hunter gatherer societies and had no organised structure, therefore the British couldn't meet with official "leaders" of the people.

Abos were considered a type of fauna while Maoris, much like our Indians, were considered people. The New Zealand coat of arms has a Maori on it and their national anthem is partially in whatever language Maoris speak (Maori?).

Some of the the stipulations discussed at the constitutional conventions concerning natives would have violated treaties the colonial government of New Zealand signed with Maoris.

I'm sure white trash bump up the numbers as well

Heaps of people I've met own guns
Do you live in Auckland or something?

Extremely common
I see way more hot blonde girls with Maori guys than with white guys

I have never seen a white male with an islander female in my entire life

>I have never seen a white male with an islander female in my entire life
lmao where do you live

Oh, I thought hunting was very common in New Zealand.

Are there any hot Maori chicks or are they all fat? Also how do you Kiwis feel about Pacific Islanders from other countries?

t. Nanu Lakatoa

South Island

Yes, hunting is very common

Light skinned Maori girls who aren't fat are hot
I hate how islanders are let in through a random draw rather than by merit

Palmy here, race mixing is common especially with the thots here

Asking the real questions. Freedom of movement when?

I wish I was born a Kiwi. Gib residence please.

I don't understand why attractive white girls racemix so much in New Zealand

desu most of the ones I knew didn't, but they'd always get embarrassed if you asked about it. It was mostly the fat chicks I knew that did

This

>Brussels giving UK a hard time over Brexit
>USA giving Canada a hard time over NAFTA
>Aussies investigating comprehensive Chinese involvement in government
>Kiwis getting left off maps all the time

Together we have the 3rd largest GDP, 10th largest population, biggest and most resource rich land area, and the 3rd largest military expenditure. How is this not already a thing?

Essentially this

I just learned that New Zealand has seats in their parliament house of representatives that can only go to Maoris. Also, they have no upper house like a senate or house of lords.

It would work if all our countries weren't importing hordes of nonwhites

Canada has higher living standards than NZ, why would you want to come here

Southern girls are never embarrassed of racemixing
I often see hot white girls smugly walking in public with their Maori boyfriends
It's like they are proud of racemixing

Not him but I don't think the living standards in Canada are any different than in New Zealand. It seems like Canada, NZ, and Australia are always near one another in metrics and indicies related to quality of life and living standards. We just sort of switch places a bit in or near the top 10 of most positive lists.

Australia definitely has higher living standards than NZ
Heck, 15% of kiwis live there

you're basically poles in Queensland

Lots of Canadians move to America and lots of Aussies and Kiwis move to the UK. It isn't because the USA and UK have better living standards, it's because they are bigger and wealthier with more economuc opportunities.

Maori men are quite hot desu. I'd take a Maori bf.

Bit gay

no homo just a girl

With a penis?

Australia has a much better healthcare system than NZ

BEGONE RACEMIXING SLUT

I'm already a Slav-Anglo mix. So no harm done.

Australia used to have federal enforced interracial breeding while we just left ours alone (which was a mistake since american culture ruined them)

Non Brits weren't allowed in nz until the 1980s let alone non europeans (pacific islanders the only exception) meanwhile most of Australia's cities are half greek or italian

That is an ethnic mix, not racial mix

You are blatantly lying

It's the truth. Until the early two thousands anyone who wasn't english, irish, scottish or maori was rare

New Zealand was bicultural until the west got infected by canadian multiculturalism cancer

>canadian

Stop spewing crap
There were heaps of Chinese Dutch and German long before 1980 in NZ

>blaming canada
Canada was a conservative nation until recently

There were heaps of islanders here long before 1980 as well

>meanwhile most of Australia's cities are half greek or italian
so you've never actually been to Sydney or Melbourne have you?

At the time, sugar producing islands were worth far more. No one could have predicted backwaters becoming successful and slum islands coming from the richest regions of the world

Trudeau senior is responsible for first implementing multuculturalism in it's current form

The Dutch and Croatians were but anything else was negligible.

The fact you bring up the chinese which 98% of whom arrived in the last two decades and were banned from entering the country for half a century shows your ignorance of nz history

Said they were an exception in a previous post

I've been to Melbourne, Sydney and Adelaide. Sydney was full blown chinaman while Melbourne and Adelaide were wog central

Haven't seen this particular teenage Sup Forumstard in a while.
Not good see you, though. Piss off back to your containment board:

Most reddit thing I’ve ever seen

t. Wang Hao

>Non Brits weren't allowed in nz until the 1980s
My northern European grandparents beg to differ. Where did you get this idea from?

There were many Chinese in South Island who came in the goldrush days

He's making it up in order to try and push the meme that NZ is le last bastion of le Anglo xDD

There were less than a hundred chinese people in the south island in 1920 you dumb fuck

They went home and immigration policy made sure none came to replace them

Explain how I've met Chinese whose family lived here since the goldrush days you deluded retard
Many stayed and reproduced

You must the first man in the history of the world to be lied to by a chinaman, congrats you naive faggot!

It is well known that there are descendants of goldrush Chinese in South Island
Read history sources outside of Sup Forums

>t.seventeen year old who has literally never read a history book

Of course there are descendants but they were a tiny and negligible minority who the locals hated so they were effectively barred from the country to stop more from coming

He's exaggerating but we are more Anglo than Australia in our culture.

feel like shit lads just want him back

Yeah right
We have huge Maori influence on our culture, far eclipsing the influence wogs have on aussie culture
There are way more Maori in NZ than wogs in Australia percentage wise

Maori influence on new zealand culture is a recent thing and only exists because it's manufactured by the government.

You're too young to have context but this country wasn't always shit

what's hot about them? they look like dark asians

They're really good at Rugby.

and?

That's all you need.

Why aren't we one country Denmark?

Do you really want to have more people that sound like they are choking on a potato?