Is it worth living in the US because I want to make more money as an engineer?

Is it worth living in the US because I want to make more money as an engineer?

No

No way, this culture treats STEM people like shit. Every college has massive recruitment drives and programs for STEM students, and almost everyone who graduates moves to another country.

Do you plan on going to prison, having unprotected sex with street trash, being poor, or be an unborn infant?
If no, then yes.

Work there for a cpuple years then come back to finland and live like a king

Yes, also a lot of those cons are memes that barely affect you

>Earn 50% more
>Spend 210% more on healthcare
>600% more likely to have AIDS
>220% more likely to be murdered
>Consume 51.93% more oil

I would stay where you are but it's your life.

>and almost everyone who graduates moves to another country.

Imagine living in a country that unironically votes Donald Trump, a reality star, to be their nation's leader. Think about what that says about the people you will be surrounded by.

Native English speakers are more in demand in STEM fields abroad than they are here, people here are more likely to hire some Indian dude who barely knows how to do anything because he has "experience"

But Norway, you and I are the only non-shithole nations in the world!

>consume 52% more oil
>red
Personally I'd rather spend $3.75 on 1.5 gallons than $6.50 on 1 gallon but what do I know, I'm a dumb amerifat.

>Be American
>Don't get shot because you were never born

The funny thing is they get the money stat purely from GDP which unless you're in the literal highest class of society you will never see because there's so much wealth concentration

Consuming oil is bad for the climate, being a dumb amerifat and egoism does indeed go hand in hand though

>The funny thing is they get the money stat purely from GDP
user are you trying to be retarded? If it was purely from GDP, it would say he would make 7842% more money

>being extremely pedantic towards an obviousness
well done, very well done

>fox and the grapes.jpg

This sounds good desu. Maybe I'll stay a couple of years and come back to Finland to start a family. One thing I'd much rather do in Finland is raise kids.

Maybe you want to look at average wage instead? Or household income?

where finland is literally higher than you in household and per capita income

No
as an engineer I'm actively looking to leave
it will probably require I go to grad school somewhere else and hope I find a job there

>household
By a whopping -$8,970
Might want to get your eyes checked
>per capita income
Higher in per-capita by $245

Don't listen to idiots, yes it worth it. But only if you can unironically become American (assimilate), else you'll suffer.

what kind of metric is household anyway? why even bother with it instead of capita?

Per capita splits it among people living in a household including the kids

Only if you want nonwhite grandkids

>as an engineer
>it will probably require I go to grad school somewhere else

"Engineer" is a protected title in most places in Europe and implies you have a graduate degree

Gradschool is after undergrad.
Undergrad - 4 year degree
Gradschool - 8 year degree

it's the same here
Im title is technically "scientist," but I work on a team of engineers and fulfill all the same functions
grad school depends wildly where you go
usually in the US it's 2 years for a masters, but only 1 in parts of europe
phd can take as long as needed, but usually happens in 4-6 years
depending on how you preform your graduate work can count towards your phd and it all just depends

youll earn more than enough in Finland and you wont get shot, wont be surrounded by retards, are you the new bill gates or just an underaged naive idiot

Yes.

Engineer requires an MSc

Americans don't """""own""""" money. Their entire incomes go to the credit card companies.

Oook

user answer this one question:
Do you want to live in America?
If the answer is yes, move.
If the answer is no, stay in Finland. The money you'll make there will be fine.

Making 180k out of uni at 21 for CS. You decide if it's worth it.